Mental Health Care Employee Reviews

uplifting place to work
Christian Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bonifay, FLFebruary 15, 2018
Busy all the time, loved it, loved helping people. I learned something new everyday, and that you can not change everyone's life or fix it for them by doing their work. Christian workplace, wonderful encouragement from Supervisors. Hardest part was not being able to provide a need, sadness when recovery clients didn't make it. Most enjoyable was the enhancement to people lives and the smiles in return.
Pros
Fantastic learning experiences
Cons
Sometimes Resources can not be located
Difficult and often impossible place to work.
LPN ON PSY CSU UNIT (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 14, 2017
Things changed after the take over. Work place became dark and depressing.

.Management was not supportive and made working there a unpleasant place to work.The amount of paper work and general work load made patient contact impossible and as such a safety problem to patients. You hit the floor running and the pace continues until the shift is over. There will be something you forgot to do.
Pros
Pay, benefits, coworkers.
Cons
management is hostile.
Always busy, always understanding the case
Family Support Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 5, 2017
supportive for the family. Family received the case and patients they needed. Its worth the moment when the family is happy and meet there goals and know what they want.
Staff work well together
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 22, 2017
Staff work well together, Management there was good and well understanding. typical day at work is taking care of the client. hardest thing about the job is dealing with the clients.
Productive working with Children and Families
Family Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 23, 2017
Enjoyed working with the Sheriffs Department/Child Protection Services assisting families in need of community supports to better the lives of the children.
Pros
Worked in the field assisting children and families
Cons
Short breaks
Not a good place to work
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 15, 2017
Some of the patients are dangerous. Its a receiving facility so there a lot of police dump jobs there. The staff are inexperienced and it is poorly managed.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
low pay, poorly managed
Do not wish to disclose
Targeted Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 12, 2016
It often seemed that you had to come in early and leave late to accomplish any significant amount of work or to make any significant contribution to the lives of the clients.
great place to learn
Student Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 30, 2015
i completed one of my clinicals here. i learned a lot and the nurses where always willing to show us new things. it was a great place.
comfortable work environment
Accounting Specialist - Accounts Receivables (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 22, 2015
hours 7:30-4, learned several computer programs,management was ok,hardest part was getting insurance to pay some claims,enjoyable was the atmosphere I worked in
mental health care/ gracepoint..not too good.
lpn- working csu unit for psychot patients. . (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 17, 2014
fast paced, extreme stress, not able to take breaks or lunch. management was often negative in response to this and evasive in giving help, questionable admission practices. lack of training to do certain parts of the job. negative charting was encourage to hold patients longer. in closing this was an ethically questional place to work, almost to a hostile work enviroment.
Pros
insurance
Cons
as described above
Overall Mental Health Care is a great learning experience and I enjoy the work I do.
Clinical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 25, 2014
On a typical day, I arrive approximately 30 minutes early to set my schedule to best optimize my time and to prioritize my daily agenda. Then, I usually meet with a client or two that I think may be discharged on that day. I then document what was discussed in session including, but not limited to progress notes, mental health assessment, medication compliance, discharge planning, and any additional documentation with consented family members. Next, I attend treatment team meeting to discuss and offer input concerning the clients progress towards his or her treatment goals. Throughout the day I continue to meet with my assigned clientele, which is usually consist of a caseload of 8 or 9 clients per day. Then, I meet with my new intakes and collaborate with them to determine what lead up to their hospitalization, assess their presenting psychological symptoms, create his or her treatment plan and begin formulating their discharge planning all while assuring confidentiality and adhering to HIPPA guidelines. The hardest part of the job is the demanding caseload and the many interruptions throughout the day (I.E. fire drills, takedowns, clients refusing to meet with me or tracking down a client that may be off the unit eating, or with the doctor, meeting with attorneys, or partaking in recreational activities). During the day I must also monitor the Baker Act status's and make sure to file the necessary legal documents with the legal team by the daily deadlines. I enjoy working with the clients and serving as a change agent in their lives. I love inspiring and encouraging client  more... to find hope in what sometimes feels like a hopeless situation. I believe empowering and educating my clientele helps to reduce recidivism rates and helps them to become more self-reliant in their daily lives and in the community.  less
Pros
I enjoy working in a fast paced hospital setting in which I can utilize critical thinking skills
Cons
Extremely high case load rarely time for any breaks and poor pay.
Self-Employment in the ever shifting health care industry.
Counselor, Transform Now Counseling LLC (Current Employee) –  Louisville, COSeptember 8, 2014
I love being a small business owner and the statistics are staked against me. They say 96% of SBO fail in the first five years. That is not to say that I am not offering a valuable product--healing and moving forward after a break-up. I am a skilled counselor and intuitive. And, it takes a long time to establish systems that support a flourishing business. This is why I am seeking employment. I want to be able to support myself.
Pros
I love what I do
Cons
Finding the market
Stady work
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  TampaAugust 1, 2014
Always to keep calm and show respect to the clients and co workers
Work as a team player It really works well in the work place.
Pros
Pto
Cons
no advancement
Productive and fun workplace
Health Technician (Former Employee) –  tampa, FLJune 11, 2014
Greeted clients/patients and obtain mental health information upon arrival. Processed client/patients information and filled it for further review. Answered as well as directed incoming calls.
Case Management
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 6, 2014
At this job position, I was responsible for providing case management services for adolescents with co-occuring disorders (drug and alcohol). In order to perform my position to the best of my ability I was required to build a professional but working relationship with client’s support network. I kept accurate and detailed documentation throughout the course of treatment. I provided case management services in both residential and outpatient settings. I was involved with the outpatient services in a leadership position of the Early Recovery program. I also provided paraprofessional services to individuals, families, and within group settings.
Mental Health Counselor
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 31, 2013
Great environment and organization for a recent graduate.
Pros
Experience, environment, hours.
Cons
Benefits, pay, leadership from management.
out of bussiness
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 28, 2013
that was a place to work. they trainned their employee how to work and understand people with disabilities. like in a group home.
A day at Gracepointe
Forensic Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 1, 2013
The job itself is a pretty good job, my coworkers are easy to get along with and they make the job worth while. The supervisors are very flexible and are willing to work with you on certain task. The main downfall of the job is that it is a grant funded program that is under review and may not get funded for another year. So therefore lay-offs are in the near future. During my time at this job I have learned to work in a different database and I have learned the importance of patience when dealing with different types of personalities and disorders.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, great co-workers, Helping people get established in society
Cons
Grant funded program, no stability
Fun place to work.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 26, 2013
One of the best places i ever worked,knoowing we saving lives is the best feeling i have ever had.
good place to work.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 3, 2013
Good place to work.Good coworker. lots of hours.good location.very profesional.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
lot of favortisim

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mental Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.