Mental Health Care

Mental Health Care Employer Reviews

mental health care/ gracepoint..not too good.
lpn- working csu unit for psychot patients. . (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 17, 2014
Pros: insurance
Cons: as described above
fast paced, extreme stress, not able to take breaks or lunch. management was often negative in response to this and evasive in giving help, questionable admission practices. lack of training to do certain parts of the job. negative charting was encourage to hold patients longer. in closing this was an ethically questional place to work, almost to a hostile work enviroment.
Overall Mental Health Care is a great learning experience and I enjoy the work I do.
Clinical Case Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: i enjoy working in a fast paced hospital setting in which i can utilize critical thinking skills
Cons: extremely high case load rarely time for any breaks and poor pay.
On a typical day, I arrive approximately 30 minutes early to set my schedule to best optimize my time and to prioritize my daily agenda. Then, I usually meet with a client or two that I think may be discharged on that day. I then document what was discussed in session including, but not limited to progress notes, mental health assessment, medication compliance, discharge planning, and any additional documentation with consented family members. Next, I attend treatment team meeting to discuss and offer input concerning the clients progress towards his or her treatment goals. Throughout the day I continue to meet with my assigned clientele, which is usually consist of a caseload of 8 or 9 clients per day. Then, I meet with my new intakes and collaborate with them to determine what lead up to their hospitalization, assess their presenting psychological symptoms, create his or her treatment plan and begin formulating their discharge planning all while assuring confidentiality and adhering to HIPPA guidelines. The hardest part of the job is the demanding caseload and the many interruptions throughout the day (I.E. fire drills, takedowns, clients refusing to meet with me or tracking down a client that may be off the unit eating, or with the doctor, meeting with attorneys, or partaking in recreational activities). During the day I must also monitor the Baker Act status's and make sure to file the necessary legal documents with the legal team by the daily deadlines. I enjoy working with the clients and serving as a change agent in their lives. I love inspiring and encouraging client to find hope in what sometimes feels like a hopeless situation. I believe empowering and educating my clientele helps to reduce recidivism rates and helps them to become more self-reliant in their daily lives and in the community.
Self-Employment in the ever shifting health care industry.
Counselor, Transform Now Counseling LLC (Current Employee), Louisville, COSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: i love what i do
Cons: finding the market
I love being a small business owner and the statistics are staked against me. They say 96% of SBO fail in the first five years. That is not to say that I am not offering a valuable product--healing and moving forward after a break-up. I am a skilled counselor and intuitive. And, it takes a long time to establish systems that support a flourishing business. This is why I am seeking employment. I want to be able to support myself.
Case Management
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARMay 6, 2014
At this job position, I was responsible for providing case management services for adolescents with co-occuring disorders (drug and alcohol). In order to perform my position to the best of my ability I was required to build a professional but working relationship with client’s support network. I kept accurate and detailed documentation throughout the course of treatment. I provided case management services in both residential and outpatient settings. I was involved with the outpatient services in a leadership position of the Early Recovery program. I also provided paraprofessional services to individuals, families, and within group settings.
out of bussiness
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJuly 28, 2013
that was a place to work. they trainned their employee how to work and understand people with disabilities. like in a group home.
A day at Gracepointe
Forensic Case Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 1, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule, great co-workers, helping people get established in society
Cons: grant funded program, no stability
The job itself is a pretty good job, my coworkers are easy to get along with and they make the job worth while. The supervisors are very flexible and are willing to work with you on certain task. The main downfall of the job is that it is a grant funded program that is under review and may not get funded for another year. So therefore lay-offs are in the near future. During my time at this job I have learned to work in a different database and I have learned the importance of patience when dealing with different types of personalities and disorders.
Fun place to work.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 26, 2013
One of the best places i ever worked,knoowing we saving lives is the best feeling i have ever had.
Beneficial and diverse learning experience
Counselor/Intern Therapist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 15, 2012
This employer has given me the opportunity to learn the legal aspects of mental health systems, and to confront an array of mental health disorders.