Mental Health Center of Denver Employee Reviews

Mental Health Center of Denver
Home based Therapist Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 7, 2017
My day started at 7:30 am and ended at 8:00 pm. This job has a high stress level that is attached to it. I learned a lot and was trained a lot.I though the management style was poor, with a close door system. We would not no that their was a problem until it was too late. The workplace culture was also very poor, hiring mostly white white team membrane. It can used much improvement.The hardest part of this job was deal with a very stressful work place. The enjoyable place was the different people you work with.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Culture diversity
Awesome Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 13, 2017
Really enjoyed working at MHCD Staff and Clients were Awesome. If I had a chance I would work there again they acknowledge there employees was all around a good place to work
They care about the people that work for them.
Residential Counselor 1 (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 13, 2017
I love working here! They are able to find coverage if someone calls in sick or injured. They offer tuition assistance. They care about the people that work for them. They do great things for the community. The union doesn't seem to care as much about us as the management does. They keep us trained with continual online trainings. They encourage growth, both personal and professional.
Pros
Benefits, management, work/life balance, PTO/sick leave
Cons
The union
Mission means well, ceo has no idea of Dept spending or the upper MGMT shade.
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 28, 2017
Three years, no raise, taken for granted and with work overload. Manager favors and had double standards. Asked it's to do whatever but bullies you.
Pros
Helps people
Cons
Upper MGMT don't really care about employees without lg titles. Directors play favorites.
Great place to work depending on your goals and where you are in your career.
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 21, 2017
Excellent job for people that want to advance in social service, health care, behavioral health care...etc. There are a lot of employees that assume themselves to be bosses and managers that seemingly just let that fly.
Pros
Great Pay. Good Work.
Cons
Too many wanna be bosses. Not enough positive communication between staff.
Supportive work environment
Albion St Apartments Building Mananger (Former Employee) –  4141 E Dickenson Pl Denver, COSeptember 15, 2017
I enjoyed working at Mental Health Center of Denver. My typical day would be to answer incoming calls from clients, receive clients and confirm their appointments.I was the first point of contact for the corporate office, so I received visitors that had come in for meetings with employees. I was also responsible for scheduling appointments for clients. I was responsible for scheduling meetings in each of the conference rooms for management as well as some outside companies. I assisted various departments in the business office when requested, such as HR and the Training Department.
I learned to deal with mentally ill people in a positive and proactive way. I learned about the various mental illnesses and how best to appease the people who were ill. I learned to multitask answering phones while doing data entry and answering peoples questions about the function of the company.
We had a wellness culture which promoted teamwork and everyone to use their strengths in their job.
The hardest part of the job was to calm upset clients down and find a resolution to their complaints or problems.
The best part of the job is that I felt that I played an important and vital role in helping people.
Pros
Helping people, satisfaction in doing my job well, receiving visitors.
Cons
There were days that could be stressful.
Professional Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 14, 2017
Managers were friendly, patient care was productive and rewarding. Hardest part of the job was being exposed to the traumatic experiences of others through counseling. Would recommend.
A well being based company
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO 80220August 14, 2017
I have been working at the Mental health Center of Denver for 3 years now and I love it. This company really does care for their employees and they make sure that you have all the tools that you need in order to succeed and advance.
Great Company
Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 12, 2017
Busy days, not enough upper management support.
Work load to much not enough employees. Great benefits not enough pay. To much under the table movements that make employees feel like they walk on eggs shells at work. Very rude HR workers.
Unrecognized Talents
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 23, 2017
This employer has major issues with poor management and incompetent supervisors. Staff who are highly qualified do not get promoted, rather they leave for a better job. The company is completely out of touch with consumers and treats their staff like dirt.
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
no chance for advancement
Great work/team environment
Grants Accountant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 10, 2017
Nice place to work. Very supportive environment. The team dynamic is not just within a department but organizational wide with a strong support system.
Mission Focused
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 27, 2017
The company has strong morals and values and the people that work here believe in the mission. You are pushed hard but you feel rewarded at the end of the day.
Nice work atmosphere.
Home Based Crisis Family Counselor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 4, 2017
Positive work environment. Training for the job position could use improvement. Overall a positive experience. I would reccomend Mental Health Center of Denver to others.
Very tedious, but it is a great place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 9, 2017
It's definitely okay. It's hard to work with the consumers at times, they don't always like to hear what you try to explain to them. Getting yelled at, ridiculed, etc. But when they show their appreciation for us being there it makes it worth it and know we make a difference.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Angry consumers
Great people to work with
Clinical Intern (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 12, 2017
My supervisor during my internship was amazing at helping develop counseling skills and fostered environments that were conducive to my growth as a counselor. The staff were supportive and open to teaching. I would recommend this as an internship for anyone.
Pros
Supportive team, many learning opportunities, very involved with community mental health, if you chose to work there they will do licensing hours for free
Cons
Looking for a M.S. Therapist position is almost impossible for someone fresh out of college
Good place to start clinical experience
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 17, 2016
This is a good place to start clinical experience. It requires psycho-social attention as well as respect to each patient.

1. Every day I start the day by preparing notes for every patient on my provider's schedule. During each appointment, I type up the whole medical notes for my provider to finalize.
2. I learned how to manage my time and organize notes. I learned how to listen for important pieces of information that may be medical/psychiatric relevant.
3. Other scribes are very friendly and nice.
4. The hardest part of the job is to correctly record the information that is medically/psychiatric relevant, as English is my third language.
5. The most enjoyable part of the job is that although English is not my first language, I learned it everyday and make improvement everyday.
Very productive work place safe and sound
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 14, 2016
Checking in patients for doctors appointments, going over medical history allergy and other information that apply to the visit.
Entering data into the pt. medical record, using the computer system. Checking and giving the medication as requested by the doctor go over the orders and making sure all match.

Helping with office organizing and giving injections where needed and as ordered by the doctor.
Translating between the doctor and patient as needed and as requested.
Great work flow and co workers, we support and help each other all the times. Great diversity and multicultural environment.
When we are too busy we have to humor to make our day less stressful and know with a smile everything well be alright.
Communication to one another is the key to success.
Pros
Team building days, free catering, rewards and recognition.
Upper management a joke
medical (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 21, 2016
If you want a chaotic company and don't care about anything else, this is your company, they will wine and dine you until you prove that you know more, and they will get rid of you before your evaluation before the 6 months even ends. So don't act like you know anything, and just be very passive, yes sir and yes ma'm.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Mhcd
File Clerk (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 1, 2016
A typical day there is just an average day at the office sort of job. I learned how typical work day is like and also filing.
Work was very gratifying
Clinical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 25, 2015
Work day was fast paced with lots of problem solving and crisis management. The team and management was very supportive. I was able to learn and understand the challenges of the client system that I worked with. Working at this company helped me grow in empathy and learn to listen more.
Pros
Professional develpment
Cons
Fast paced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mental Health Center of Denver. Our community is ready to answer.

Mental Health Center of Denver Reviews by Location