Mental Health Center of Denver Employee Reviews

Great people to work with
Clinical Intern (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 12, 2017
My supervisor during my internship was amazing at helping develop counseling skills and fostered environments that were conducive to my growth as a counselor. The staff were supportive and open to teaching. I would recommend this as an internship for anyone.
Pros
Supportive team, many learning opportunities, very involved with community mental health, if you chose to work there they will do licensing hours for free
Cons
Looking for a M.S. Therapist position is almost impossible for someone fresh out of college
Good place to start clinical experience
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 17, 2016
This is a good place to start clinical experience. It requires psycho-social attention as well as respect to each patient.

1. Every day I start the day by preparing notes for every patient on my provider's schedule. During each appointment, I type up the whole medical notes for my provider to finalize.
2. I learned how to manage my time and organize notes. I learned how to listen for important pieces of information that may be medical/psychiatric relevant.
3. Other scribes are very friendly and nice.
4. The hardest part of the job is to correctly record the information that is medically/psychiatric relevant, as English is my third language.
5. The most enjoyable part of the job is that although English is not my first language, I learned it everyday and make improvement everyday.
Very productive work place safe and sound
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 14, 2016
Checking in patients for doctors appointments, going over medical history allergy and other information that apply to the visit.
Entering data into the pt. medical record, using the computer system. Checking and giving the medication as requested by the doctor go over the orders and making sure all match.

Helping with office organizing and giving injections where needed and as ordered by the doctor.
Translating between the doctor and patient as needed and as requested.
Great work flow and co workers, we support and help each other all the times. Great diversity and multicultural environment.
When we are too busy we have to humor to make our day less stressful and know with a smile everything well be alright.
Communication to one another is the key to success.
Pros
Team building days, free catering, rewards and recognition.
Upper management a joke
medical (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 21, 2016
If you want a chaotic company and don't care about anything else, this is your company, they will wine and dine you until you prove that you know more, and they will get rid of you before your evaluation before the 6 months even ends. So don't act like you know anything, and just be very passive, yes sir and yes ma'm.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Mhcd
File Clerk (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 1, 2016
A typical day there is just an average day at the office sort of job. I learned how typical work day is like and also filing.
Work was very gratifying
Clinical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 25, 2015
Work day was fast paced with lots of problem solving and crisis management. The team and management was very supportive. I was able to learn and understand the challenges of the client system that I worked with. Working at this company helped me grow in empathy and learn to listen more.
Pros
Professional develpment
Cons
Fast paced
not supported by upper management,
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 30, 2015
not supported by upper management, upper management short sighted, lots of hubris
enjoyed working with clients and clinic staff
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not supported by upper management
Safe Working Environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 28, 2015
Had a great experience at MHCD, it was one sad day when I had to leave. The people were awesome and my supervisor was understanding, so was my lead nurse.

Working at MHCD, you never knew what kind of day you were going to have with the consumers.
Pros
free gym
Cons
commute was long
Great place to work.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 29, 2015
MHCD is a great place to work. The overall wellness culture and the programs we have to help our consumers is what makes MHCD a great place to work.
Employees are not supported by management
Front Desk - Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 25, 2015
There was always plenty of work to do, although employees' job skills are not always matched with their jobs. Co-workers were usually competent and easy to work with; we always tried to support each other, particularly when working with an escalated client. The hardest part of the job was to not allow myself to be frustrated with my job assignment, because I could have done so much more given my BA in Psychology. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the clients in appropriate ways, knowing that in my small way, I was making a positive difference for them.
Pros
Generous PTO schedule
Cons
advancement within the company is very difficult
I worked at MHCD for the first 13 years and was able to supervise and manage a psychosocial rehabilitation program.
Employment Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 10, 2014
Excellent team of co-workers and a Director whom I learned alo from.
One of the best places I have worked
Clinical Case Manager II (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 8, 2014
Great place to work, one of the most enjoyable places I have worked thus far and hope to eventually find a place like it in Florida to work.
Pros
Work Atmosphere, team environment
Cons
hi stress due to clients served
The company has been voted Best Place to work for several years
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 19, 2014
The company seems to care about the whole person. Its a good place to work.
Excellent company and coworkers
Vocational Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 13, 2014
Great inclusive and cooperative environment with great co-workers with strength based missions and goals.
Productive and Friendly Workplace
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 10, 2014
typical day would require being able to process a multi-line phone transferring incoming calls to the required department

I learned how to efficienetly maintain the front desk at MHCD

The staff at MHCD are excellent to work with, great teachers!
Very demanding work but a steady paycheck.
Outpatient Case Manager/Addiction Counselor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 21, 2014
You have to drive consumers with serious and persistent mental illnesses in your car frequently.
Pros
Excellent co-workers, extremely dedicated
Best of all places ever worked, all staff members helpful and understanding
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  4141 E. Dickenson Pl, Denver, CO 80222October 20, 2013
A typical day at work is arriving at 7:15 am my unit is closed when I arrive so I basically begin my work without any other co-workers there until after 8:30am. I have had a chance to slowly grow into using many different computer programs considering I have only 7 years of on hands experience using Microsoft and other programs. I respect the management, they are good people and very understanding of their employees and lenient as well. I have not had any problems with any of the co-workers in my five years of working at the Mental Health Center of Denver. The hardest part of my job is working with a program called SPSS, it is a program working the numbers of statistics. The most enjoyable part of the job I have had at MHCD is having lax time and conversing with the other members of the team I worked with.
Pros
Traveling to different clinics and meeting other employees.
Cons
Not having overtime pay.
Diverse and structured with balance.
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 12, 2013
A typical day at work was fun and full of new challenges that I used to strengthen my desire to the best volunteer the company has ever had (I learned that it was just as easy done as it is said). The organization's management practices could not be better since it is a non-profit network that deals with at risk adults there are more than enough leaders within the network. My co-workers were mostly nice and if I had an issue with any of them they were usual on the verge of retirement and mean to everyone so I took comfort in knowing that it had nothing to do with me. The hardest part of volunteering at MHCD was managing free time because I was so exciting about assisting the organization that I wanted to never cease being productive for them. The most enjoyable part of volunteering for MHCD was even though I was not receiving a paycheck the organization was willing to treat me as though I was just as productive a member of society as their paid salary employees.
Pros
Free Lunch and reference to free events within the city limits.
Cons
No opportunity to become a paid employee.
Great post-grad job
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 5, 2013
This was my first job after i graduated with my BA in psychology! itw as a great experience into social work and what it was like to truly make i difference helping others. Management was fantastic not only did they care about the clients they cared about the employees. I relocated states or else im sure id still be with the company
Pros
amazing people/great opportunities
Cons
had to drive my own car
stressful place to work, but enjoyed working with my clients
Clinical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 17, 2012
I learned much about mental health and how to work with severly mentally ill clts in nursing homes.
I did not receive much support or praise from my particular supervisor.
I enjoyed working with many of my co workers, but there were also a few co workers I did not care for.
spent day visiting with clts in nursing home and providing group therapy as well as doing progress notes, tx plans, etc on each clt.
hardest part of job not being able to spend as much time with clt
most enjoyable part working with clts as well as time with co workers
Pros
health benefits, time off 403 k match
Cons
stressful environment, increased case load, lack of support or appreciation from supervisor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mental Health Center of Denver. Our community is ready to answer.

Mental Health Center of Denver Reviews by Location