Mental Health Partners

Mental Health Partners United States Employee Reviews

Outstanding Way To Grow In Knowledge
Case Manager II (Former Employee), Boulder, COFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: wonderful environment. great people. work/life balance
Cons: no promotions
I worked for this company for about 15 months and loved being here. The management is wonderful and really aid in your professional growth. The weekly supervision meetings help with your growth as a professional with honest feedback and wonderful support for what you are doing well. The company encourages a balance between professional and personal life as well as encourages you to enjoy what you are doing with your professional life.

The only flaw in this company, that I had found, is they do not reward good work with promotions. If you want to move up within this company, they post ads on job boards as well as accept resumes and applications from within. There is no special consideration given to current employees over outside applicants.
not a good work environmnet for anyone with excellent IT experience
IT (Former Employee), BoulderFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: friendly people, located in beautiful boulder
Cons: lower pay, disorganized & inexperienced management, limited career opportunity
I wouldn't recommend anyone who is good technically and looking for a long term IT career work here. It would be too frustrating. The management is inexperienced, non-technical and has no long term planning or prioritization skills. Both deadlines and workloads are unrealistic since they are driven by nontechnical Psychologists.
A productive and encouraging learning environment for youth
Behavioral Specialist (Current Employee), Boulder, CODecember 9, 2014
Assist in the development of the treatment plan with the identification and implementation of behavioral rules and consequences
Design and conduct daily group activities proceeded by the documentation of progress notes
Monitor, analyze and collaborate with teachers, therapists, mental health workers and students in developing, implementing and monitoring individual student academic and behavioral progress
Participate in program development, case management and milieu supervision
Implement specific behavior management techniques to obtain behavior modification
Utilize appropriate therapeutic interventions designed to help students practice coping skills and achieve academic success
stressful overworked environment, low pay, good benefits
Social Worker Emergency Services (Current Employee), Boulder, CONovember 14, 2014
Pros: pro- lesbian, gay, transexual orientation; very liberal; new emergency facility staffing yp
Cons: understaffed, layed off age 50+ people and replaced with younger, constant budget cuts
Interesting work but very stressful. Lower pay, constant threats of budget cuts; don't feel appreciated or valuable as an employee. hate to see other folks laid off
Demanding job
Intern (Former Employee), Boulder, COOctober 24, 2014
This was a demanding job requiring a lot of paperwork. I enjoyed working with clients at the front lines of their recovery from mental illness, however, found the agency as a whole was bogged down with too many clients and not enough clinicians, making the workload heavier on all parties.
Happy
Disaster and Emergency Response Coordinator (Current Employee), Boulder, COSeptember 29, 2014
I am happy to work at Mental Health Partners. My supervisor is incredibly supportive, and my colleagues are kind and helpful. My work is meaningful, and I get to work independently and participate in various committees.
Low pay, constant threats of job cuts, budget cuts and poor moral
House inpatiemt manager (Former Employee), Boulder, CoSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: helping people with extreme mental illnesses
Cons: low pay, poor benefits, stressful environment with constant threats of budget cuts
After 6 years of hard work in difficult work environment I lost my job due "budget cuts". Working directly in an inpatient environment certainly had its moments as well as very fullfilling knowing you are helping those with extreme mental illnesses.
Working with tight budgets was very difficult knowing Center spends money in other unnecessary ways. Upper management's remarks were but you're helping people get better. Hmmmm they all seemed to be living very well.
Was good experience along with stressful times.
Luckily I got a much better paying job, enabling me to move out of the trailer park. Yup that's right, most of the therapists lived in low income housing. I hope they also found better work.
focus is on cutting cost, low pay, part-time positions, eliminating workers
Sr Network Director (Current Employee), Boulder, COSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, working with people
Cons: overworked, underpaid, age discrimination
Seems like the emphasis here is not on "Mental Health" but more on cost cutting and reduction of staff and/or hours. The hardest part of the job is remaining focused when all the people around you are overworked and stressed. Senior Management is pretty incompetent (not skilled in people management). In my opinion .. If you are an RN you are better off elsewhere
Low pay, poor executive management - seems disorganized & not consistent
Sr. Clinical Specialist (Current Employee), Longmont, COAugust 27, 2014
Pros: help indigent clients, independence
Cons: low pay
Fun place to work to help indigent clients. Upper management is focused on money more than employee loyalty. low pay, limited job security due to budget cuts - currently expanding but may cut back later due to budget constraints
Professional workplace and positive work culture.
Filing Clerk (Current Employee), Boulder, COAugust 9, 2014
Pros: positive workplace.
Cons: not enough hours.
I enjoy working at Mental Health Partners. It is an excellent non-profit organization. It offers help to a large population in healthcare.
good
Clinical Counselor Substance Abuse Specialist (Current Employee), Hickory, NCFebruary 3, 2014
The hardest part of my job is not being able to truy help some one face to face otherwise it is a good place to work.
Mental Health
Account Receivable Specialist (Current Employee), Boulder, CoJanuary 23, 2014
I enjoy that this company takes care of mental health patients no matter what there ability to pay is.
low employee moral, no technical leadership in IS Dept, lacking obtainable goals
IS Project focus (Current Employee), Boulder, CODecember 13, 2013
Pros: small company good cause
Cons: low moral, lack of technical management, overworked, hypercritical
Mental Health Partners was a great place to work. Now, however, the work environment has changed significantly since the layoff of the much loved Director of IT. A Clinical Psychologist acting as the Cheif Strategy Officer has decided to take over the IT department and micromanage it and therefore, eliminated the Director's position. This new guy is difficult to deal with because he expects too much, has no real management experience and has very little technical knowledge. Job security and future outlook do not look very good.
Hostile work environment brought on by non-technical, micro-management from Chief Strategy Officer
IS Tech (Current Employee), Boulder, CODecember 12, 2013
Pros: producing a quality product for health care
Cons: micro-management, ill treatment of respected employees, fear of job elimination
A new Chief Strategy Officer (a clinical psychologist) came aboard in April and changed the work environment from cooperative to very hostile. No one seem to care for his management style. He has to take control and micro-manage employees which is very counterproductive to getting work done. This Strategy Officer is very unapproachable, non-technical and has obviously never managed before. Seems he has taken on more work than one human can successfully handle.

Employees were in disbelief, shocked and angered when the Chief Strategy Office eliminated the Director of IT's position because allegedly he wanted to be able to micro-manage the Director of IT's direct reports. Apparently they clashed because the Strategy Officer is a non-technical dreamer and the Director of IT focuses on practical implementation and commitment to maintaining the budget (comes from experience). The Director of IT was highly experienced having 20+ years of technical directorship. Everyone loved and respected this Director. He acted as mentor and confident and always went to bat for his direct reports. He was a highly valuable resource.

The Chief Strategy Officer seems to have too high of expectations (due to lack of experience) and seems very critical of employees. It appears very doubtful that he will appreciate employees and even write positive reviews. There doesn't appear to be any future under his direction. Employees are in fear of their own jobs being eliminated since they have already seen it happen. Some are now looking for other opportunities.
Very Positive Environment
Nurse (Current Employee), Boulder/LongmontNovember 20, 2013
Pros: great work environment!
Cons: none at this time
Currently working at MHP and enjoy working with other mental health professionals that are truly dedicated to their jobs, and the welfare of our clients. Working with families and individuals to improve their life circumstances is very rewarding. Helping the clients/families in the same communities that we live in, is empowering for both our clients and staff. Love my job! Wonderful team and management support. Good hours and benefits!
Interventionist Counselor
Interventionist Counselor (Former Employee), Boulder, CONovember 7, 2012
Pros: my own office, wonderful school employees that cared about the students
Cons: being a contract job there were no benefits.
I worked with students at both Erie Colorado Middle and High School. I was providing support and confidential counseling for the students as part of Mental Health Partnership, a third party agency and thus exempt from the policies that the school counselors had of sharing all information that students shared with the rest of the school system. I was required to keep notes on all interactions with students and fill out ongoing progress notes as well as confer with a Mental Health Partnership supervisor on all of the students that saw me.
I learned that the open policy of the school system harbored distrust from the students and that many of them felt I was the last resource available to them. I also saw that many of them were dealing with issues that required services which exceeded what the school or in some cases state could adequately provide and that in many instances my ear was the only saving grace at their disposal. I felt it an honor to have had that opportunity and had the funding been available past the month contract date which I had signed I would have gladly stayed longer.
I suppose the hardest part of the job was hearing some of the stories that the children shared. They told stories that bordered on abuse and neglect and in only one instance met with standards that were sufficient for me to break my confidentiality and seek aid on the child's behalf.
That being said the children also shared the high points of their lives. I found that after the first week and a half they were divulging their hopes and dreams as they learned to trust me and some of them began to do some wonderful and heart felt work. In addition though I could not share their stories I as able to help some of them reframe their own stories and to then share their experiences with other counselors and or teachers from their schools. In this way a few of those students were able to take power back over their lives.
Finance Manager (Former Employee), Boulder, COJune 7, 2012
Pros: autonomy
Cons: lack of training
It was a positive experience for the most part. The people are nice and supportive.