Mental Health Services Employee Reviews in United States

Variety
Mental Health Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Worcester MAAugust 16, 2015
There is no such thing as a typical day in mental health. I've learned an awful lot about working with people with disabilities, and about myself as a professional while working in the mental health field.
Mental Health Therapist for a trauma clinic
Lead Diagnostic Clinician (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 2, 2015
In a typical day I provide therapy to children who have experienced trauma. I also conduct comprehensive clinical assessments for children and families. I have lovely, devoted co-workers who are hard working and dedicated to providing evidence-based treatment. The hardest part of my job is listening to often heartbreaking stories of children who are abused or neglected. The best part of my job is the environment of our clinic. Our clinicians are a close-knit group.
Diverse Job
Clinical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioJune 13, 2014
Mental Health Services overall was a very great place to work. The management team was very knowledgeable about there job and very kind to there employee's.The health benefits were great, and if you worked at any of the shelters you did get to eat there when different churches came.The staff was great and I really learned how to understand the homeless population and the diversity in people also it taught me managing skills and people skills even more than what I already had.Everyday it was something new and adventurous but at the same time sad to see so much homelessness with women and children especially
Pros
beautiful staff to work with
Cons
you really have to be a people person to work with mental health
Positive environment in which to work with great people in the field of human development
Family, Consumer and Human Development (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 5, 2015
A typical day consists of collecting observational data via digital and VHS recordings of the program in action. I learned a lot about parent-child interactions, engagement, facilitation, and non-intrusiveness. Management is reliable, consistent, and available to help in any way to make the job successful for everyone. I tend to work alongside my direct supervisor and from time to time I interact minimally with co-workers. Co-workers seem eager to learn and help each other out. The hardest part of the job was the training process. It took an extensive amount of time to learn what to observe and how to code certain behaviors. But this served as a positive experience because of the time and energy involved in the training process. It made me a better observer. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I am able to apply what I learn to my own family and parenting style.
Pros
flexible schedule, great people to work with
Cons
sometimes you work alone and if you're a more social person, that can be hard.
On-Call Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHNovember 19, 2013
As been a long time since I work here. Amazing staff on board. The staff are there to support you and help you grow. The hardest part of the job was the fact that many patient had a hard time being able to pay for their medications. From this place I learned that mental health illness affects many individuals in USA. It is important to raise awareness about mental health, because you never know who needs their help.
Pros
great team work
Cons
not enough hours to work.
Administrative Assistant
Utilization Review Admin. Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 24, 2013
I had a pleasure of working with some of the most intelligent and dedicated mental health staff to include nurses, psychiatrists and Social Workers. Everyone in the entire building were very dedicated to the clients. My duties became more complex as I continued to take on more and more responsibility. By the time I left to return to college, I was burned out.
Pros
enjoyed working with staff
Cons
very demanding boss
Very rewarding in seeing people achive their goals.....
Mental Health Tech (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJuly 26, 2012
Very busy and fast paced.... Monitoring meds checking in on clients....
I learned when mentoring people go at their own pace....
I enjoy working as a team and listening to new ideals learned to look at all aspects not just my own...
Learning to sit back and listen and wait for results and rush...
Knowing that i have helped someone achive their goals....
supportive management, good wking conditions
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 24, 2013
over all a nice place to work- good co-workers-
they are unionized however, and this union is one of the worst unions I have ever had the displeasure of trying to work with.
Pros
supportive managers working conditions, training offered & co-workers
Cons
the f'd up union
Laid back atmosphere
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 24, 2012
Every week is an adventure but sometimes too much. I handle a payroll consisting of over 300 employees with numerous locations throughout Cleveland, and now Euclid too. I have a great boss that makes the job fun, but knows when work needs to be done. He trusts me with various items, especially in regards to all confidential wage information. I think the hardest part of my job is sometimes getting the managers to follow guidelines like turning timesheets in by 2 pm the Wednesday following payroll. Timesheets sometimes get pushed off to the side while other managers are completing them as soon as possible. I have learned a lot in my career with Mental Health Services. I have recently been brought into back up our MIS Manager. Her job is to run client billing to medicaid, and non-medicaid client billing to the Board. I have enjoyed this challenge, and love learning more every day.
Pros
flexible work schedule, deductible reimbursement
hard part of the staying awake on night shift
House Parent Home Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 18, 2013
Productive workplace able to assist young teen girls with addictive drugs and alcohol abuse.
Pros
working in home setting
Cons
short staff
Good people, great cause, not going to get rich
Quality Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 25, 2013
Good place to work. Benefits are very good. You're not going to get rich working here, but if you're social services, you don't expect to.
great place great people providing an excellent service
Primary Nurse (Former Employee) –  cleveland ohioJanuary 28, 2013
This company is really caring about employees and cleints however being non profit there is no money to be made
Pros
great people
Cons
pay
Excellent place to work.
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHDecember 9, 2012
We have a very relaxed atmosphere with awesome co-workers. Everyone works well as a team. The job itself is very enjoyable.
Mental Health Professional (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 16, 2014
Friendly staff and understanding management allows you to put family first.
The best place to work at!
Account Examiner/Case Aide (Former Employee) –  ClevelandNovember 2, 2012
This place is like a second home to me. Friendly caring, wonder coworkers