Mental Health Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

Warning: Avoid this company
Clinician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 16, 2016
Before considering employment with MHS, be advised of the corrupt culture. There are many, many bad employee reviews. You will be thrown under the bus in a heartbeat. And that's not all. Check out the allegations of fraud that MHS recently had to defend itself against. Folks, this is a sign of poor, inept management. This is not a company you will be proud to associate yourself with.
Pros
The previous CEO was removed from her position.
Cons
Continuous crisis management which is not management at all.
Horrible management!!! All hypocrits
Admin/ intake coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 30, 2016
I worked for this company approx2 yrs. Unless you're stroking the egos of the upper management you will be targeted. Everyone in the home office dates eachother and the issue is that they can break serious conduct and policy procedures and nothing happens. Management can gossip and say what they want to question your integrity and work ethics and don't dare defend yourself because you will be tossed out like yesterday's garbage. thank God I had awesome co/workers and was able to interact with clients. That's what made my day. So if you want to get dumped on, gossiped about and stories made up this is the highschool for you!! What a bunch of catty women that have no life..
Pros
Clients and co/workers
Cons
Everything not listed in pros
Toxic for employees/clients
(Former Bi-Lingual )Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 14, 2016
The clients are what makes the facility and program, a well as made my job great. There is so much that is unethically wrong with this facility/company, violation after violation. Management within the DUI San Bernardino Facility needs to be taken over and a more professional team needs to be put into place. The Program Manager I have observed yelling,cursing, breaching confidentiality, bulling, intimidating, threatening clients as well as staff. I would be the third counselor who has resigned due to the immature unprofessionalism of the Promragm Manager. Clients have expressed how they want to complain to HR but are afraid to do so due to fear of reprocussions, I have observed clients that have filed a grievenace against management and HR to do nothing.
Pros
The clients
Cons
To many to even begin to express
Toxic for employees
Bilingual facilitator (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 15, 2016
The clients are wonderful and your work is important because of that. However everything else is awful. There is so much that is wrong with the company in general. So many things that violate procedures and codes that I have no clue how it is still running. This company, unless taken by new management complete from the top down, is no good and is toxic. I know a supervisor who has yelled, belittled, thrown things and threatened employees and it continues. HR is a joke and employees have been threatened at various locations that if anyone files complaints they will have consequences. I hope someone can help soon...
Pros
There are not any anymore, except a salary when desperately needed
Cons
Too many to list
You deserve to work somewhere better!
Management Staff (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2016
The organization is terrible to work for and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The COO of the organization exhibits more addictive behaviors than our clients and has contributed to the organization being very incestutious, gossipy, and has created an environment of overly confident and underperforming staff as well as has made decisions that are unethical and unhelpful clinically to clients and staff. Turnover is very high because home office and upper management (VP's, COO, CEO) do not provide training and support for their programs. They are overly confident about what they do however are very disconnected from the programs and seem to forget that their pay comes through program contracts. Along with the home office staff being overly confident, they do not exhibit any accountability for their mess ups or acknowledge their role in issues that arise. Good leadership comes from the top down so if the leader at the top presents the way that she does, that's the 'model' that her VP's and managers see. I'd love to write more however would like to remain annoynomous. Why? Because it's not safe to communicate how you feel to the organization because they are not open to any feedback and make your position worse in the organization if you voice your concerns. Oh, unless it's in the union tribune and they receive mass attention for it. Then they appear to accept accountability while having an attitude about in when not in the public eye.
Pros
Client population/serving clients
Cons
Poor upper management, unethical, do not abide by values
Great learning experience under awesome supervisor
Mental Health Counseling Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 4, 2013
My most recent experience was a nine month internship with MHS's Center STAR ACT program.  I was fortunate to be placed on a treatment team that encouraged my active participation in assessment, case conceptualization, and treatment planning.  The focus of my training at that location was strengths-based and client-centered.  I provided one-on-one therapy and co-lead dual diagnosis groups for adults suffering with chronic mental illness and substance abuse issues.
Love working with women, it's been a desire to be of service to the community.
Entry-level cousnselor/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  BakersfieldNovember 25, 2011
I believe that there are many ways of teaching individuals, to give them hope for a better future. I believe that the community should have homes for individual that are release from prison to re-unite into society, and learn new coping skills.
Pros
change is growth.
Cons
wanting to change