Mental Health Employee Reviews

busy,enjoyed working with different people
Patient Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 25, 2017
My worked days where pretty good I work with great people who listen and showed interest in ideas presented. Management was good, they want to see you suceed
Pros
love wrking with people
Cons
not working in my field
productive
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sunnyside, NYMay 31, 2017
Overall this job taught me a lot of life skills and skills that I will use if I ever work in another office. They taught me organization and patience with patients.
nice work place
Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 17, 2017
nice place to work, must demonstrate customer focused interpersonal skills to interact in an effective manner with practitioners, the interdisciplinary health care team, community
Nice place
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAMay 4, 2017
Great place to work, very fun and friendly environment , co workers are very honest and hard workin g, it's a great place I absolutely loved it, highly reccomend it there
Fast pace place to work
instructor @ Marian University SON (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 27, 2017
Goes from fast to slow and back again. Situations can/do change quickly. Activity and exercise with the patient is encouraged. medication compliance is very important. Consistent in staff is enjoyable because it makes the patient feel secure. The hardest part of the job is being understaff. The culture is diverse and management is not always around.
Pros
Seeing patient progress
Cons
no lunch or breaks
productive,educational,rewarding
W.R.A.P facilitator/trainer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 20, 2017
work with people all day who want your opinion on day to day activities. its a very rewarding job helping people obtain benefits, housing,medication management and help them to become productive members of society.
Pros
meeting people who you can help
Cons
strenuious, demanding job
Team supports each other
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Hyannis, MAMarch 8, 2017
Good salary, management is caring and staff is a team.

Its a professional organization

You must have a Masters degree in counseling. Staff is professional - there is not a lot of oversight (or over management).

You must use your own computer for work -- good electronic data system - easy and not tremendous amounts of paperwork.
Pros
make my own schedule
Cons
fee for service, if they dont show up, I dont get paid
it varies depending on the event
Substance Abuse Therapist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 27, 2017
A challenging career and fulfilling at times. I work with adults facilitating groups and work with children and families in their homes.
excellent
clincal experience (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 18, 2017
I really enjoyed working there. Everybody was extremely friendly. Everybody was willing to help everybody. They worked great with my home schedule and my nursing school schedule.
Fun Work Environment
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cedartown, GADecember 14, 2016
A typical day for a Instructor was to assist MR participants in accomplishing and learning daily living skills need to succeed in everyday life. MR participants were monitored and observe on their behavior and progress, written reports were prepared for intervention.
Work and love to do what I needed to do to get the job done
Counseling Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 6, 2016
I like working for this company because it was very peaceful to work there do to the staff doing what was required of them. The owner did a great job making sure that staff was working as a team
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Good meetings
These were also only school clinicals. I should not have to give a rating for them.
Nursing Clinical (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 28, 2016
These were a requirement to get through the nursing program at Rose State College. The clinicals were done at various hospitals and facilities throughout Oklahoma City. All of the participating facilities were very welcoming and helpful to the students.
Pros
Learning nursing skills
Cons
Do not get paid
learning experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 22, 2016
There is a lot of variety in my resume, I say, find out what you will enjoy and stick with trying to find that. Just stay positive with whatever you do.
I enjoy human services but would like to explore other career options
Residential Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  500 Worthington St Spfld Mass 01109November 14, 2016
I supervise 12 women who are placed in a residential setting. I administer medication and provide support for their mental health. I have learned to be patient, to be a good listener and to make sure that the needs of the individuals I serve are met on a daily basis.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Work schedule not consistent
Loved the challenge
Certified Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 14, 2016
The challenge of meeting the mental health needs of a large community is very rewarding and necessary for the advancement of a CNP career. No CNP should go without trying mental health on for size.
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
no room for advancement
Fun atmosphere
Cowley County Mental Health (Former Employee) –  Winfield, KSNovember 8, 2016
I really enjoyed working with the residents and getting to them. I administered medications and the residents always felt like they could talk to me. I loved the jokes and they made me laugh on a daily basis and they became family.
Pros
They became family
Cons
When we lose someone
A good compant to work with.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 6, 2016
A good company to work with, very person centered and highly focused on the clients. and their rights.
Options to move from job to job within the company to best suit your work needs
Good working environment.
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 29, 2016
Great staff and great location. Family like environment. Hardest part of the job is other employees not focusing on their work and too preoccupied with unimportant issues.
Productive work place
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHOctober 28, 2016
The work load is outrageous with not room for advancements or overtime. The case managers have large caseloads, the productivity requirement is ridiculous.
Pros
Working off your own scheduled
Cons
healthcare, pay rate
Highly productive workplace, supportive team
Mental Health Therapist/ AODA counselor (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 20, 2016
A typical day at my workplace involves meeting with other members of the team to discuss the immediate needs of our clients. We believe in our clients.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
High stress