Mental Health Employee Reviews in United States

management always encourage self care.
Recovery Coach (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 27, 2016
Mental health association is an outstanding company. I enjoyed my time working at mha. I also like the fact mha is consumer run organization.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
large caseloads
Family atsmophere everybody helped everyone.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAJuly 17, 2016
Loved working here just wish the state did not take the funding away for mental health and close so many hospitals would still be working there if wasn't laid off.
Employment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 14, 2016
I enjoyed my job, and my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was managing a high case load. The most enjoyable part of my job was client success and the team work between whole staff.
Great learning opportunity
Internship (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 11, 2016
I learned a lot of things that will help me in my future endeavorers. At MHA I grew intellectually and professionally. The skills I acquired here will be with me forever.
Good entry level mental health job.
Crisis Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2016
Connecting people to services and treatment via phone. Learn how to make clinical decisions based on information given by callers. Supervisors are available and ready to help. Co-workers are personable and informative. Hardest part of the job: spontaneity of calls. Most enjoyable: co-workers.
Great Agency
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 7, 2016
I have been working for MSPCC for over 5 years and they truly do care about their employees. Within the last 2 years I have a supervisor who knows what she is doing and does not show favoritism to anyone my prior supervisor did
Pros
Great work enviroment and benifits
Cons
Pay increases
Enjoying the consumers and attending to their needs both physical and the book work involved.
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  West Jefferson, NCJune 26, 2016
A typical day at work starts with our clients and their needs. If processing a new resident I would review their medications and Mars, contact local physicians to see if they had openings for a new patient and follow through with their FL2. Also contacted DSS to establish special assistance check which the client would be entitled too. I followed through with paperwork etc. Also getting their books in order from the ARK (Housing Authority) and establish their contact with the local Act Team or PSR day program. Also interacted with clients during their daily living activities, providing transportation when needed. My schedule was coming in at 9 am and spending Monday through Wednesday at 5pm. The hardest part of the job was the book work for each client and keeping confidential paper work in a big book which contained important information about each client, this is because of the Hippa regulations dealing with the confidentiality for each of our clients (consumers). And in this job you were continuing to learn daily as for as educational opportunities. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to make a difference in the lives of our consumers.
Pros
Continuing to make a difference in peoples lives that were positive.
Cons
Having a consumer leave for reasons due to management.
Mental health as a job.
RESIDENTIAL LIVING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  NJJune 24, 2016
I find it fulfilling working as mental health worker because i can see firsthand and directly the positive impact i have on another person. I can immediately provide someone with a resource that can make their lives better for having worked with me.
Pros
Easy to acess the impact i have made in trying to alevate the problem in a client, which in itself makes me understand which method is good to use on various clients of the same.
Cons
Its a very stressful job.
interesting place to work
tech/unit secretary (Former Employee) –  Wickenburg, AZJune 23, 2016
working here you have to be very strong mentally, helping people with addiction can be very difficult, keeping you head straight is a challenge, i learned a lot at this facility
Underpaid
Residential Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 16, 2016
Great place for building relationships but dont plan on advancing in this company and dont expect ample compensation for your work.
I enjoyed my time there and loved the environment.
Community Support/ Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fayette, ALJune 15, 2016
A typical day at Mental help was working with the clients and talking with them. I learned a lot from them. The management there were okay and so were the co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the day was making my clients happy.
Great company to gain work experience.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 10, 2016
The team at MHS are a great group of individuals to work with. Great environment and focus oriented. Great company to gain work experience with.
enjoyed the experience
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, ALMay 19, 2016
very rewarding experience; clerical/ office details/ scheduling/billing/ law enforcement/ mental health/ lifetech/ office manager
Mobile Recovery Coach fast tracking homeless to home/get SSDI benefits and support via CTI and recovery model.
Recovery Coach (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 17, 2016
A typical day at work is different every day, RCoach changing gears from fast to slow to fast, since chronically homeless have choices and RCoaches meets the person where s/he at. An example is check cashing, apt accessory furniture shopping, reorder free cell phone, recovery talk/support, budgeting, PPL, community integration and encouragement. I learned to always be there for individual even with the smallest request and try to always tie recovery/independence into goals. The hardest part of the job is keeping a schedule with participants when they get paid SSDI benefits monthly.
Pros
Alot of PTO time
Cons
Raises/Acknowledgment of good work
Fairness and knowledge
Case Manager-Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLMay 13, 2016
we were fair to each other and fair to our patients, and with knowledge. We understand what we do why we do what we do. Worker with many aspect, polyvalent, be able to multi tasking.
Great agency.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 8, 2016
Room for advancement within the agency. Excellent benefits (time off, sick time, discounts). Knowledgeable and helpful HR department.
A stressful but interesting place you will always have stories about
Adminsitrative Assistant/ Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 7, 2016
A typical day at work is filled with a plethora of things to do. For starters, we have about 50-100 calls a day from clients, vendors, drug representatives, police officers, lawyers, pharmaceutical companies and other outside client respects. Appointments are always scheduled with the psychiatrist, case managers, or counselors, with that being said, admins are on a frequent run trying to catch up with who is meeting with who and also trying to keep up with the two programs that deal with severe mental ill clients. My day also consists of running reports, inputting data entry onto county and program systems and sending emails and solidifying invoices to vendors are sent in. My co-workers are wonderful but are always asking for assistance with things that pertain to office supplies or machines. The hardest part of my job is keeping up with my tasks while maintaining the front desk. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to the clients and going home now that I made a difference in one of their lives.
Pros
Free Lunches, very flexible, casual attire
Cons
short breaks, stressful crisis issues, frequent management changes
Enjoyable plaace to work
Certified Forensic Peer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 5, 2016
great employer, great Supervision, challenging work which was great for me. Permitted to use all of my training and experience
Pros
worked indepenently
Rewarding but draining
technician (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXApril 28, 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job is being a positive influence on a population that are far too common feeling hopeless. Management and doctors can be the most influential cons, very low care level.
great place to work
RA (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAApril 18, 2016
love working here. it has great clients and great staff. I would recommend anyone to work here. that is all I can say about this company
Pros
the people
Cons
the people