Mental Health Employee Reviews

interesting
Assistant Nurse Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 12, 2015
assist the nurse manager with day to day issues...ensure staffing is adequate and if it isn't take a patient load give group meeting
Productive and secure Place to work
Psychology Trainee (Former Employee), PAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Good pay, benifits, health care, vacation time and job satisfactions.
Cons: Chances of changing peoples emotions are slim in some cases, dangers of dealing with violent attitudes, and watching people live their lives around in circles and not move forward in mental health places.
Mental health has good benefits in health care, very good pay options and a lot of opportunities to choose from to work at. It is a very clean place to work at and has security to protect the patients and workers there.
clinical
Psychosocial Rehabilitation Clinician (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 16, 2015
Great services offered to t he community. Management is horrible, over worked. They do offer great benefits to their employees, good vacation and there is flexibility. Field based, you have to be willing to travel all around Harris county. Be prepared to deal with major stressors.
Clinical Rotation
Clinical Rotation (Former Employee), Lowell, MAMay 8, 2015
Pros: Great experience
Cons: little nurse to student experience
Overall offered a great clinical rotation for my semester in nursing school. Nursing staff and clinical instructor worked well together to give us a great semester.
Safety Services Manager
Co-therapist-(Internship) (Former Employee), milwaukeeMay 4, 2015
Pros: good experience
Cons: the fact that I keep writing this review and it keeps popping up for me to re-write
needed services for families. Workday was busy but fine, co-workers were decent. It was decent. It was decent. It was decent.
Hours can be long, work can be hectic.
A day in the Department of Corrections as a Counselor
Clinical Correctional Counselor (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 18, 2015
A typical day at my job is unpredictable. My work environment is stressful at times. I work in a correctional facility so unpredictability is a part of the territory. I have learned so many things working at this facility. I have gained knowledge of mental illness symptoms, different types of therapeutic techniques, specific medications that are connected with mental illness symptoms, discharge preparations for released inmates, and so many other things. I have also learned a lot from my supervisors. Between the both of them they have 40 plus years of experience. I have become a better clinical because of this opportunity. The hardest part of my job is the unpredictability. I never know what to expect, but with that it has made me stronger in my career. I am able to balance many tasks at once, which is needed in this field.
Great place to work...
Mental Health/ Disabilities Coordinator (Current Employee), Lake City, FLMarch 18, 2015
Pros: working wih children and families, coworkers, working hours, benefits
Cons: recently moved out of lake city to middleburg- commute
I have been with this agency for almost 8 years and promoted to where I am now. My position is very enjoyable. I attend many meetings for children, examples of meetings are IEP/IFSP meetings, meetings with the parents to discuss progress and growth in the classrooms as well as staff and parent meetings to discuss behavior concerns and strategies to overcome behavior. I conduct speech and language screenings on every preschool child enrolled in our program. I also conduct classroom observations when needed to see specific behaviors a child is displaying. I visit 4 different counties and we have 497 children enrolled in our program.
Enjoyed working in case management
Worker Harbor Oaks Hospital (Former Employee), New Baltimore, MIMarch 12, 2015
• Oversee the daily operations and impart faultless patient service:
• Built a patient clientele that knows me by given name.
• Proficient in assessments, treatment planning, goal setting
• Facilitate group therapy, and Individual sessions
• Discharge Summary’s
caring and dedicated advocacy
Recovery Guide (Former Employee), 121 N. Union St., Olean, NY 14760March 11, 2015
We worked to advocate for the mentally ill in any way that was necessary and needed. I learned to put my self in other's shoes in order to best create proactive steps towards helping other's reach their goals. It is important to meet people where they are at in order to move forward.
The staff support should be reviewed according to clients.
Specialist, SC Department of Mental Health (Former Employee), Columbia, South CarolinaMarch 9, 2015
Pros: savings plan and health benefits are great.
Cons: physical safety of the staff is not prioritized.
The support of the staff is essential to the effectiveness of the mission of the facility. Often the feeling was not comfortable while working with the clients. Although security was nearby the response fell short.
Educated place to work
Operations manager (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: a lot of trainings
Working for this company your learn a lot from clients, staff and mangers. During the monthly trainings it will open your mind up to new ideas.
Exciting
Intern for Case Worker and Drug and Alcohol (Former Employee), Scranton PaFebruary 6, 2015
I absolutely loved it, the days alway flew by we stayed busy all day. Clients were also great to work with. I enjoyed every minute of it !
The job gave me a foot to learn much more of the needs
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Augusta, MEJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: the training to learn more about how to help
Cons: work overnights
The job helped me to start into the field and work with the clients to help them get through their illness or addictions. It helped me to do hands on with the patients and really see what they were going through.
Internship non-paid
HSA INTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: short stayed
I really enjoyed my internship, the staff was great and my supervisor was wonderful, I wish I could go back and work there one day I will try to contact them again to check their employment.
be kind to the clients
Night Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: i had a job
Cons: they closed the houses
I worked the night shift of 11pm to 7am and I have to give medication to the clients after dinner. Someone was assigned to cook and clean up every evening and I made sure everything was cleaned. I learned that I had to stay woke in order to keep them safe. The management was very nice to me so I had no problems. We had three shift, 1st shift had information that was given to 2nd shift, and 2nd shift gave information to 3rd shift, 3rd shift gave information to 1st shift and there had to be teamwork in order to continue to take care of the clients properly. The hardest part of the job was when one of the clients seemed disturbed and was unpleasant to be around. When the client and myself sat down to dinner together and there was laughter at the table.
Motivational, Empathy, Professional, Inspiring and Supportive
Intern (Current Employee), Queens, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: lunch break, support, motivational environment, easy going atmosphere.
Cons: management doesn't always show good leadership skills, they should demand more respect
I enjoy working at this organization. I work with groups, employees and learned how to enhance my own skills. I learned how to facilitate groups through an Art therapy workshop i conducted. There wasn't an hard part of the job for me, maybe just waking up in the morning to get there on time. I enjoy seeing the individuals express themselves. My co-workers are always helpful along with my supervisor. I receive criticism and encouragement from my peers and management on a constant basis to help enhance my capabilities as a human service professional.
Often stressful environment but with good support from supervisor and colleagues.
Case Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 2, 2014
Pros: a supportive supervisor. a free orca transit pass.
Cons: feelings of frustration at seeing clients relapse.
I worked with clients who presented with a dual diagnosis of mental illness and chemical dependency and who were, moreover, defendants in the King County, Washington Drug Diversion Court by reason of their use of controlled substances. I facilitated group therapy and met individually with clients. At times the work was personally frustrating and at others it was gratifying. I learned patience and acceptance. My immediate supervisor was well experienced in this work and was very supportive of the staff.
I worked co-operatively with fellow staff; we all felt the need for mutual support. The hardest part, actually was the voluminous paper work of charting daily and reporting periodically-- there seemed never to be enough time to do this justice. The best part of the job was observing some clients change and grow into living more productive lives.
Independent working
Speech Therapist Assistant- Pediatrics (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch, workshops with rewards
Cons: no rises
Allowed to make our own schedule.
Families are reliable and fun to work with.
No micro-management
20+ visit per week.
Comfortable Workplace
NFusion Evaluation Research Assistant (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSOctober 26, 2014
A typical day at work includes entering demographic information and information from interviewees into a software system. This job requires self discipline due to a lack of management. The most important skills I've learned are organization and time management. Since the evaluation team does not work in the same office, receiving paperwork in a timely manner is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving positive evaluation results.
Productive and enjoyable
counselor intern (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 1, 2014
Pros: one to one counseling
Cons: session is too short
My day is usually Ectic and fun
Well organized, enthusiastic staff
The most enjoyable part is group sessions and the clients feedback.