Mentor Graphics Employee Reviews in United States

just soso
Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 5, 2016
if you want, you can work at home.

not PTO, you have unlimited vocation, But I do't think any one could take unlimited vocation.

And the benefit is not so good.
Pros
work at home
Cons
unlimited vocation
Great place to work for.
Technical and Product Marketing Eng (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, OregonAugust 4, 2015
I had learned quite a bit at Mentor Graphics. It was a great place to work with competitive salary and benefits. There are tons of smart people working there from all over the world.
Pros
Good working environment. Very competitive in pay and benefit packages.
Cons
Depending on which product line you're working on, things may be different so my comments may not be as accurate through out the company.
Good place to get started
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 11, 2015
It is a good place to work but very difficult to work on projects without being interrupted by changes. This is probably due to the fact that most of the time we were understaffed and management planning was very poor which in most cases lead to overworking without any recognition.
Pros
Nice office space, good benefits
Cons
limited salary increases, understaffed, overworked
Nice place for embedded system developers
Embedded Software Intern (Former Employee) –  Lahore, PPBMay 13, 2015
Mentor Graphics is a nice place for learning. Although some HR people discriminate among the employees but overall it's a nice place to groom one's technical skills related to embedded systems.
Pros
Technical knowledge enhancement
Cons
Poor work work/life balance
Very solid company able to provide on the job training and fun challenges.
Field Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 6, 2015
I began my employ with Mentor Graphic through a staffing agency and was soon hired by the company where I remained for 4 years - until the position was transferred out of state.
An excellent and growing company
Technical Marketing Engineer / Product Management (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, OregonFebruary 5, 2015
This is one of the premiere EDA companies and it has been growing. Earnings have exceeded the street for 3 years.
It is best to work in the divisions that get all the upper management attention: Calibre and Verification and Emulation. Other divisions do not get as much field attention either.
Career pathing is up to you, as HR is only there for management, not to help move assets around and to advance your career.
Once you get into the company, raises are very small.
If you work in Wilsonville (the head quarters) you will have a beautiful campus, nice cafe, gym, putting green. You can walk to downtown.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no career pathing and hr is useless. once you are in, that is your job until you find a new job yourself.
Great Place to Work
Executive Adminstrative Assistant, Director of EMA (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORNovember 14, 2014
Mentor Graphics is a leader in the technology space and it was a wonderful place to launch my administrative professional skills.
productive place to work with great team environment
sales (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 11, 2014
productive place to work with great team environment.

great work/life structure.
Pros
work hard play hard
productivity, good working environment
Web Development Intern (Former Employee) –  CairoOctober 10, 2014
It was one of my greatest working experience
I worked for a department its duty to develop programs used by the employee themselves
Pros
free tea
Cons
bad barking
Nice and Professional co-workers and Neat Campus
MBA Intern (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 24, 2014
Co-workers of Mentor Graphics are really nice and professional. It is a fantastic summer to have the chance to work with them. Working in such a neat campus is also a happy thing for me.

Want to know more about Mentor Graphics?

Ask a question
Productive and Learner-friendly work environment
Chip Power Grid Extraction & Validation Intern (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 30, 2014
As an intern, a typical day is good and full of new things to learn from one of the brightest minds in the industry.
Interesting, cutting edge work
Technical Editor II (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 28, 2014
I had good support from my managers in the Technical Communication group. Benefits are generous. Salaries are competitive.
Productive Work Environment that supports Family
Business Systems Analyst/Web Intelligence Trainer (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville OROctober 25, 2013
I am a single mother of two children. I never feel like my job is at risk because my family is need. Mentor Graphics does not seem to have a ceiling. If you want to learn and grow the sky is the limit.
Pros
onsite cafeteria and gym
Cons
cant think of any
Great company to work for
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 8, 2013
Awesome place to work for.
Big company benefits with a small company feel.
Excellent Company
Senior Software Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lahore, PPBJuly 22, 2013
its ranked in top 25 best companies in the world
overall is an excellent company to work for.
Great company, employees, products
Vendor Administrator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 4, 2013
Flexible work schedule but even so, didn't often take time off. I loved working and was appreciated.

I learned a lot about financial and accounting aspects of vendor administration. Including reading contracts and paying royalties.

Management and co workers were great, excellent working culture.

hardest part of the job was the lay offs we had to endure.

The most enjoyable part was the risks the culture allowed employees to take if they felt it would be the best thing for the company. Great, creative environment.
Pros
forward thinking company and culture to work within
Cons
leaving when we moved to the east coast
Little to no training or direction from supervisors.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 27, 2013
Spent most days trying to find work to occupy my time. Both VP and Director quit company 18 months after my hiring. Headquarters decided to not back-fill their jobs, thus resulting in the elimination of my job as well.
Pros
close to home.
Cons
no expectations provided by the vp or director.
Busy
Software Quality Assurance Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 25, 2013
It's a busy place to work at. There's a lot of team building.

Work is repetitive.
Excellent place to gain experience while in school
Software Quality Engineer Intern - Installations (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 26, 2013
I am responsible for testing installations of the company's primary PCB Design software and have been working to automate that process along with reporting results as the installs come

-I've learned how to effectively install, configure, test and debug software and hardware issues on unix based systems as well as WindowsXP, 7 & 8.
-I've learned scripting languages such as Shell, Perl and VB

Management are all approachable and will help out if they can, all around best management, anywhere I've worked.
Pros
no time-cards - just submit hours at the end of the week, hours are very flexible for life situations, decent to good pay rate
Cons
no benefits as an intern
Distributed Computing and fast SPICE algorithm
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hinchu, TaiwanMay 18, 2013
Integrate TCP/IP, Oracle/GRID Engine for distributed computing, patented/proprietary Fast SPICE algorithm to cut several months run-time within seconds.
Pros
good eda experience
Cons
outside threat from synopsys and cadence are huge

4.2