Mentor Graphics

Mentor Graphics Employer Reviews

productive place to work with great team environment
sales (Former Employee), Waltham, MANovember 11, 2014
Pros: work hard play hard
productive place to work with great team environment.

great work/life structure.
productivity, good working environment
Web Development Intern (Former Employee), CairoOctober 10, 2014
Pros: free tea
Cons: bad barking
It was one of my greatest working experience
I worked for a department its duty to develop programs used by the employee themselves
Nice and Professional co-workers and Neat Campus
MBA Intern (Former Employee), Portland, ORAugust 24, 2014
Co-workers of Mentor Graphics are really nice and professional. It is a fantastic summer to have the chance to work with them. Working in such a neat campus is also a happy thing for me.
Productive and Learner-friendly work environment
Chip Power Grid Extraction & Validation Intern (Current Employee), Fremont, CAJuly 30, 2014
As an intern, a typical day is good and full of new things to learn from one of the brightest minds in the industry.
Interesting, cutting edge work
Technical Editor II (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 28, 2014
I had good support from my managers in the Technical Communication group. Benefits are generous. Salaries are competitive.
Productive Work Environment that supports Family
Business Systems Analyst/Web Intelligence Trainer (Current Employee), Wilsonville OROctober 25, 2013
Pros: onsite cafeteria and gym
Cons: cant think of any
I am a single mother of two children. I never feel like my job is at risk because my family is need. Mentor Graphics does not seem to have a ceiling. If you want to learn and grow the sky is the limit.
Great company to work for
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Fremont, CAOctober 8, 2013
Awesome place to work for.
Big company benefits with a small company feel.
Excellent Company
Senior Software Development Engineer (Former Employee), Lahore, PPBJuly 22, 2013
its ranked in top 25 best companies in the world
overall is an excellent company to work for.
Great company, employees, products
Vendor Administrator (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 4, 2013
Pros: forward thinking company and culture to work within
Cons: leaving when we moved to the east coast
Flexible work schedule but even so, didn't often take time off. I loved working and was appreciated.

I learned a lot about financial and accounting aspects of vendor administration. Including reading contracts and paying royalties.

Management and co workers were great, excellent working culture.

hardest part of the job was the lay offs we had to endure.

The most enjoyable part was the risks the culture allowed employees to take if they felt it would be the best thing for the company. Great, creative environment.
Little to no training or direction from supervisors.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 27, 2013
Pros: close to home.
Cons: no expectations provided by the vp or director.
Spent most days trying to find work to occupy my time. Both VP and Director quit company 18 months after my hiring. Headquarters decided to not back-fill their jobs, thus resulting in the elimination of my job as well.
Busy
Software Quality Assurance Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 25, 2013
It's a busy place to work at. There's a lot of team building.

Work is repetitive.
Excellent place to gain experience while in school
Software Quality Engineer Intern - Installations (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 26, 2013
Pros: no time-cards - just submit hours at the end of the week, hours are very flexible for life situations, decent to good pay rate
Cons: no benefits as an intern
I am responsible for testing installations of the company's primary PCB Design software and have been working to automate that process along with reporting results as the installs come

-I've learned how to effectively install, configure, test and debug software and hardware issues on unix based systems as well as WindowsXP, 7 & 8.
-I've learned scripting languages such as Shell, Perl and VB

Management are all approachable and will help out if they can, all around best management, anywhere I've worked.
Distributed Computing and fast SPICE algorithm
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee), Hinchu, TaiwanMay 18, 2013
Pros: good eda experience
Cons: outside threat from synopsys and cadence are huge
Integrate TCP/IP, Oracle/GRID Engine for distributed computing, patented/proprietary Fast SPICE algorithm to cut several months run-time within seconds.
Stifling - Lots of "stayers" who are content with business-as-usual
Business Intelligence Applications Developer (Current Employee), Wilsonville, ORApril 23, 2013
Pros: great compensation, very good work-life balance, very generous toward their employees
Cons: bloated corporate hierarchy, complacent culture, management is full of bluster, employees abuse the privileges given to them
My early years at Mentor were very enjoyable and stimulating. I had many opportunities to enhance my experience. But the work grew unchallenging. Many people have spent 10-20 years or more of their work life here at Mentor. Mentor is their only point of reference, and it shows in the way they do business. My co-workers are a mixed bunch. My peers are an excellent group to work with. However, my managers are some of the least professional people I've worked with.
Mentor office in Longmont
Product (Marketing) Manager (Current Employee), Longmont, COApril 8, 2013
Pros: fully equipped gym, multi-purpose room with tv, pool table, ping pong & fuzzball. regular free lunches
Cons: none really.
I work for the Systems Design Division (SDD) in Longmont, CO.

As a Product (Marketing) Manager my daily tasks include liasing with customers, engineering, management, technical marketing, field AE's & business development to capture, define & review product requirements.
I have worked at this site since 2000 & so have many of my co-workers, so there is a good comaraderie here. With many of us knowing & working together for around 20 years.
Good place to work if you can conform...
Sales (Current Employee), Wilsonville, ORApril 2, 2013
Pros: good cafeterias
Cons: very entrenched leadership that put personal relationships above stockholder value
This company has been called a country club and it is fitting. While the benefits of that are good pay and a positive work/life balance, the downside is entrenched Sr. Leadership that unfortunately makes decisions based on their own benefit not that of the shareholders.
Mentor Graphics was a great global company with amazing benefits
Event Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Wilsonville, ORApril 1, 2013
Pros: benefits, travel, international work experience
Cons: advancement
I got to travel the world and experience working with many different team members from different countries and cultures which help broaden my business horizons beyond just working in North America.

I had some great coworkers that I still stay in touch with and actually just helped one with a job recommendation that landed him a new role with a high tech company.
Excellent company with an open, progressive culture
Customer Support Manager (Current Employee), Wilsonville, ORJanuary 15, 2013
The atmosphere here is very positive, and both creativity and drive are rewarded. Management is open and listening, and new ideas that are successful are rewarded.
Great company, intelligent people, customers delivering new technology products to market
Support Sales Representative (Former Employee), Longmont, ColoradoSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: could work from home during bad weather, free lunches, some travel, great benefits
Cons: the drive to the office was 40 miles each way
- worked with customers via email and phone to cultivate relationships, drive renewals, problem solve
- enjoyed working with the assigned territory distributors to provide cohesive customer service to upsell software products, provide discounts, etc.
-monthly forecast calls
- worked alone during most days as my team was spread across other U.S. office locations

February 21, 2013

Mentor Graphics in Willisonville does hire people with long commute times. I live about 40 Miles from Mentor Graphics and I have been looking for a job in the Portland Area worried that I live in Colton, OR. I currently have been working in Tualatin, OR and have no problem showing up on time. I am a recent Computer Science Major looking for new career.

Great company to work for, nice environment, great benefits
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Wilsonville, ORJuly 5, 2012
Great company to work for, nice environment, great benefits

About Mentor Graphics

Mentor Graphics knows that everyone sometimes needs a helping hand, even engineers. The company is a leading global developer – Read more