Menzies Aviation

Menzies Aviation United States Employee Reviews

awsone
Aviation Agent (Former Employee), Chicago ilApril 23, 2015
This companie is awsome to work whit because of the enviorment good team work and work etics. Good manegment and supervision very on time with they hours of operation.
Hard work may pay off
Ramp Agent/Ramp Lead/Pushback Operator (Former Employee), SeaTac, WAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Access all around the airport without dealing with TSA jerks
Cons: Bad Backs!
Once you get through all the frustration of getting your security I.D. Hard work is the name of the game when your out on the tarmac loading and unloading cargo freight, baggage and more. I leaned you need to consonantly remember proper posture or you will be hurting as you are mostly crouched in the pit of an airplane moving various weights quickly. Employees there are a multi cultural group of individuals. the best part of the job is the over time you can work if you want it and cheep discounted flights.
Looking to get extra hours? then this is the place.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 6, 2015
Pros: extra hours
Cons: only one HR person. Due to that, the paycheck comes out wrong
There is no such thing as a typical work day here. Every day has new and challenging tasks to finish.

Management will never lie to you about the job. they will tell you upfront what they need from you and what you can expect.
people make the job whatnit is
Airport Operations Manager (Current Employee), ManchesterMarch 30, 2015
Excellent all good and people make the job what it is - as there are good people in the organisation the job is therefroe excellent
Good starting out, but little long term reward
Ramp agent at SeaTac (Former Employee), SeatacMarch 12, 2015
Pros: over time, good co-workers(at times)
Cons: benefits, little to no advancement, in fighting between managers, little to no communication with upper management, inconsistent direction from supervisors with no oversight from superiors, chronic theft
Company had no trouble finding, hiring and training talented, competent and hard working ramp agents. But lack of advancement, pay raises and benefits lead to high turn over, and a tendency for agents to find employment with other more rewarding airport employers. Chronic under staffing, mandatory overtime, poor maintenance of equipment and terrible job culture only further aggravated aforementioned problems.
Demanding, stressful, fast paced work place.
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 9, 2015
This job has been by far the most stressful workplace ever for me.
Everyday is different as the Passengers are.

This workplace and its duties really taught me to be patient with people and to always keep humble.

Management here was very Professional and precise. Employee meeting were held every day before our shift started and at the end of it. Since we were dealing with flights, delays can happen.

My Coworkers here were different from any other work place. We did not talk too much since we were all very busy most of the shift. However, if any of us needed help, someone would come to help out. For the most part, everyone was in their own lane since it was a fast paced work place.

The hardest part of this job was when the Airline had delays or Passengers wanted to check in more baggage than approved. Passengers would get upset, enraged, and emotional. Since we had Security on site I told myself that wouldn't be a big problem. I did however find it hard at first having to deal with the emotional but as time went by and it happened more often I learned to not let it get to be because they should know better and read the terms and conditions upon purchasing their ticket.

The most enjoyable part of this job to me was at the end of the shift when all Agents would gather for our daily meeting. I loved it when our Supervisor would tell us what a great job we did. Out of any job I've held this one has been the most stressful, yet rewarding job. It disciplined and structured me into stepping into a hectic fast paced environment.
Good entry level job.
Passenger Service Supervisor (Current Employee), DFW Airport AirportFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: great teammates
Cons: expensive healthcare
Menzies is a good company for entry level employees. It will give you the skill required to take you to the next level in the airline industry if employment with an airline is desired.
Ok job for resume
Lead Ramp Service Agent (Current Employee), Seatac, WAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: downtime depending on the day.
Cons: no lunches, micromanage there employees, no seniority, can't cash out vacation
Menzies is a good job for resume builder or for those just getting out of high school. The environment is ok but its pretty intense labor.
No Benefits
Customer Service Specialist/Head Gate Lead (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: no benefits at all.
This company offers no benefits for the full time workers, no flights, no medical, no dental, no paid vacations. If your a college student then yes go for it but if you want to really make a living no.
good people make the environment a good place.
Lead Ramp Service Agent (Current Employee), Tukwila, WAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: good people. fun environment.
Cons: weather
You get there and wait to work a flight. As long as you do your job, work is easy money. And the turnover rate is so high, advancement is inevitable.
Airport job
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), SeaTac, WAJanuary 28, 2015
Worked with many awesome people here. Zone supervisor was great!
Great people to be around
Ramp agent (Former Employee), SeaTac, WAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: fun job
Cons: management
Loved this job, only reason why I quit was because of school. loved the people, loved the physical part of the job.
non productivwe not nice place to wotk
Cabin Cleaner (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 17, 2015
nothing really enjoyable, except co-workers, didn't like this job, nothing about job was easy, wouldn't refer anyone to work here
Not a good place
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2015
I did not mind working out doors, when the weather was good, when is cold windy and rainy, not the best place to be.
co works rather be on the cell phones not pulling there weight to help out. management not the best to work with.
glad to have been able to work around the aircrafts
Cabin Cleaner (Former Employee), san francisco caJanuary 11, 2015
was able to work with the pilots and crew of the aircraft as well as see people from different areas of the world. taught me a lot about security not only in the airport but for the aircraft as well. i also got to work with amazing people that did teach me a lot about what to expect of when working for an airline.
freighter
Freighter (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 4, 2015
As a freighter your life is put on hold. Its hard to get days off when someone has requested the same day. No one ever knows anything about when the flights are coming or knows what needs to be loaded. Management plays the "favorite" game a lot. Schedule is not very nice. The aircrafts are always delayed or cancelled. So it is hard to plan out a day. If you are in a relationship i would not recommend this job.
Blaine Melton Review
Bagger/Customer Service (Current Employee), SeaTac, WAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: thanksgiving meals
Cons: no breaks, no communication
I come to Menzies Aviation at 4:30am 30 minutes early before my shift begins. I have learned how to scan bags to make sure they arrive at the appropriate flight, I've learned how to transfer bags from one airline to another. My co workers are interesting some enjoy there jobs and some don't. The hardest part of my job is to make sure flights leave on time
International Customer Service Manager
Passenger Service Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TexasDecember 19, 2014
Pros: learned different cultures and met wonderful people.
Cons: had to leave a great job.
I was the customer service manager for 14 different International 5 star Airlines. I had over 300 employees that I managed. Maintaining an excellent re-pore with all the clients.
Airport Passenger Service Agent.
Team Leader (Current Employee), Orlando FL. MCO airportDecember 18, 2014
I've been employed with Menzies Aviation for almost 9 Months now. I was promoted after 7 to Team Leader. I enjoy my job very much, It is a wonderful learning experience. The down fall for working with a subcontracting company, I receive no flying benefits. I also feel I don't receive the pay rate I deserve. I have wonderful co-workers along with an extremely welcoming airline. My management isn't the strongest it could be. They fail to respond in a reasonable time. The communication factor is weak. But over-all I enjoy my job and the people I meet everyday is what keeps me going back.
Summary
Lead Ramp Agent (Current Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 17, 2014
Enjoyable job, bad management system. Employees do not take people in power position seriously. Hard to work with the people, easy to do the job.

1 2 3 4 5