Menzies Aviation Employee Reviews

None at this time
Administrative/Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA 95127June 12, 2017
None at this time. It has been so long ago - that the same people probably no longer work there. Long days, you are always doing different tasks even though it is not your job to do them.
Pros
other employees
Cons
Healthcare
Nice
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA lax airportJune 12, 2017
Good experience, easy job , if you like work with people, that's for you ! Interesting job at airport, with different people and different airlines! Fun
Good
Cons
Short break
warehouse
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 11, 2017
place is a joke too much work not enough people pay is too loww for amount of work it can be fun sometimes there time off waiting for mail to come but its demanding
Great place to start working in airport
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler/LAX (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 8, 2017
It was a great experience working with aircrafts learning the operations how bags get transferred into bags in AKE fill them up with baggage and mail.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not really I can think of
fast past job , good work out
Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 4, 2017
management and safety always breathing down your neck, also under pay job, other companies do the same as this one and they start at 16.00^, Menzies starts you off at 11.00 if you want health care if not then I believe a dollar more.
Pros
Great way to learn about aviation
Cons
underpayed, hard work goes unnoticed
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Westchester, CAJune 2, 2017
The job title was ramp agent, as a ramp agent I dealt with cargo, freight and luggage. I from time to time also maneuvered aircrafts around in specialized vehicles. The Job was easy to deal with, easily carried 70 lbs. continuously, the hardest part was the working in unpredictable weather.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
health care
Productive and fun
Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WA 98148May 28, 2017
It was fun too. I like helping customers in giving them directions to where they are headed to. Or directions to the nearest motel/ hotel. I got to drive a little vehicle called a Tug across the airport with 3 trailers filled with over sized luggage like Golf clubs, guns, dogs, cats, etc.
Secure job
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 26, 2017
Secure job. People needed. Job esasy to perform once learned positions. Good workout. They provide water, ice and gatorade. Lunch break and fourty hours a week secure
Run Away
Employee (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 24, 2017
This company hires you as part time but schedules you full time so that they do not have to give yo vacation days. Horrible to work for they do not understand that people have a life. management is not around on the weekend when things are busiest. OA Manager is the worse if she is your manager just quit, unbearable to deal with all she does is criticize offers no assistance and no one likes her. Lots of arguing and trash talking just like in high school.
Pros
lots of hours, good people
Cons
no vacation time, management, OA manager, take advantage of you
It's a fun place to work.
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAMay 23, 2017
It's a good company I love the management I love the employees,there good people and are the kind of people that are willing to work hard to help the company and to help better there services.
life at menzies
Baggage Handler/Ramp Operator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 20, 2017
I/m only here until I find another job. Working in a hot room with no air conditioning and lifting heavy baggage into containers is not my idea of a career.
Typical day
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 9, 2017
Fun environment to work at, work in different areas baggage, check in, Gate, learn arrangement of passengers on the plane, Easy balance between work and home. Flexible schedules
Pros
fun evironment, easy balance between work and home
Cons
no benefits
Hard-working fast environment
Ramp Agent, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAMay 8, 2017
The job wasnt so hard itself, however the management clearly seemed inexperienced. Often times I would be left without a team and without anything to do for almost 9 hours.
Fast enviornment
Ramp Agent/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 4, 2017
I loved working on the aircrafts. I also enjoyed having a set schedule every week. Although the benefits weren't that great there was a lot of overtime available for who ever volunteered.
Pros
working well as a team. Set schedules
Cons
health care, not many raises
Workers show up late
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  Kenner, LAMay 3, 2017
Workers show up late to the job and management is trying to enfore stupid rules. You WILL do someone else's job. Late workers get no discipline. The work itself is easy....when people are actually here...
Pros
Laid back work
Cons
Late planes, no advancement, management
I started as a new hire
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAApril 26, 2017
As a new hire I do water, air, stack luggages, and direct incoming and outgoing flights.
Then I reach my 160hours then I started driving tug. As a driver I pick up first and second carts of luggages..
Only if you really need a job
Lead Ramper (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CA 94010April 22, 2017
This job will indeed give you hours like crazy, if you need to get back up on your feet then send that resume. You can be a lead in less than a month but you won't get that pay bump until 4-5 months, with no payback. (I'm missing 4 months worth of leading backpay) management is horrible. Some people are cool, some aren't but what jobs isn't like that. But if you can stay out the radar of ahe attentions of the managers you'll be chill.
Pros
Hours.
Cons
Dang near everything
menzies
Cargo Handler, Member of airline ramp crew (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 12, 2017
working for menzies was very good experince i learned a lot about aviation and how important details are when it comes to flying this is a place for people to work
Very Detail Oriented and Attentive Job
Cargo Agent (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 10, 2017
A nice working environment. A very Tedious and repetitive job but man skills are obtained from working on airlines. What makes the job more difficult is the amount of detail and knowledge of how Freight and Airlines run in cohesion.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Demanding Hours
its closed down
Import/Export Cargo Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2017
it has been closed down permanently, and told everyone 30 days before closure. I thankfully already had a job lined up and was leaving anyways. However, the way they went around it all, was not ok. I would not recommend working here. You do way too much for the pay they offer you. I work at a freight forwarder now, and I get paid much more to do half of the work I was doing here. I would never recommend this company. In the Chicago location (where I was employed) has been closed down. They are discussing re-opening this location, highly doubt it though

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Menzies Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9