Menzies Aviation Employee Reviews in United States

Good work environment, with awesome people.
Lead Ramp Service Agent (Current Employee) –  SeaTac, WAApril 4, 2016
Great weather, I've learned to push out planes, and different load plans. Management is good, and always willing to answer any questions and help every way they can. Lots of good people, and plenty different culture. I always enjoyed coming to work,
Pros
Being outside all day, and awesome summer weather
Easy fast paced fun job
Lead Ramp Service Agent (Current Employee) –  SeaTac, WAJanuary 5, 2016
The job itself is not too bad, I do like my job, however, even with the recent management changes I would say that this is not the best company to work for. They are very shady in their dealings. It is almost like they would feel bad for not playing favorites. If you get in a bad light with them, there is no recovering from it. I know because I have experienced this personally. At one point they had a right to see me in a bad light however the discrepancy has been fixed. I have come to realize that they are very bitter people.

It is the same thing everyday, loading and unloading airplanes. The hardest part of the job is putting up with games management plays.
Pros
Will keep you in somewhat good shape, fun
Cons
bad manangement
excellent
Account manager for CargoLux Airlines (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILNovember 9, 2015
great management who knows how to get the job done
good benefits
no glass ceiling on advancement,
good people to work with
fun work envrioment
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 5, 2016
I worked here for a few years a decent company to work for if your new to the aviation industry the pay here is pretty decent as well it starts at a few more dollars than minimum wage the team building and development you receive from the leads and supervisors are great. upper management can use some fine tuning not the best around.
Labor work and physically challenging
Safety Security & Education Supervisor (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAMarch 30, 2016
Turn over is fast, very physical job. Can get injured if you don't use proper training and it's ramp, chances are you could get hurt if you don't pay attention. Great people to work with and benefits are not so good
Pros
meet new people, work is a great work out
Cons
not much of the benefits
Great people to work with and the work is easy. However, no special benefits, and hard to get promoted
Ramp Agent/Ramp Lead (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXFebruary 10, 2016
Great job for high school and college student and also somebody that is retired. One of those jobs that a lot of people come and go. Work is simple and lot of down time.
Pros
Down time, great co-workers, and overtime at time
Cons
no special benefits, unorganization at times
Why work for these guys?
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  SeaTac, WAJune 20, 2016
Very poor management. I was stolen from many times. management did not want to check the cameras. I had to go and buy a new phone. I had a work related injury. I been out of work for 2 months no pay. That's 240 hours and $3,659.60 that ive lost out on. Their L&I doctor said I was ok to go back. They countered my doctors note 1 time to counter their doctor who said I could go back to work. They told me incident was not work related. Very unprofessional and ridiculous. Don't waste your time.
Pros
What pros are there?
Cons
Everything.
Good starting out, but little long term reward
Ramp agent at SeaTac (Former Employee) –  SeatacMarch 12, 2015
Company had no trouble finding, hiring and training talented, competent and hard working ramp agents. But lack of advancement, pay raises and benefits lead to high turn over, and a tendency for agents to find employment with other more rewarding airport employers. Chronic under staffing, mandatory overtime, poor maintenance of equipment and terrible job culture only further aggravated aforementioned problems.
Pros
over time, good co-workers(at times)
Cons
benefits, little to no advancement, in fighting between managers, little to no communication with upper management, inconsistent direction from supervisors with no oversight from superiors, chronic theft
Not great
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  SeaTac, WAFebruary 17, 2016
Menzies is a good company to work for just if you are looking to work and make money quick. Constant overtime. Everything else with the company is terrible. Multiple issues with payroll,hours worked not correct, benefits package is not worth it. The only upside is the money is good.
fun place
Documentation and data entry (Current Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXFebruary 15, 2016
productive, good working environment better management relationship.
you will enjoy management and staffs co-operation if you hard working but pay is very low
Pros
better resting time
Cons
weather effect
///
Bag-room & Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 21, 2016
good company, best employees,im the bag runner. im been there for a year. good experience. very good personal administration. less salary.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Supervisor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2016
Whenever you want to prove yourself this is the place. The management makes you feel wanted and appreciated. The type of place that make you want to stay and work
Pros
The pay is great
Cons
No flight benefit
Great place to start from when working at a warehouse/Good learning step
Lead/Warehouse Agent (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 13, 2015
First thing in the morning, is we review cargo that is here in our warehouse and record the cargo into our inventory, that way we can see what is here or not here in the warehouse. Everyday we deliver and load up cargo for bobtails and trailers with forklifts. We deliver to big freight trucking companies such as: I.E Express, Cal Sierra, and JIT.

As being a Lead, I have a lot of responsibility towards my team and the maintaining the warehouse. I provide great leadership skills by showing my team to properly handle cargo and showing them how to find cargo. I learned a lot from working here, like provide leadership, optimizing space, and also driving a forklift.
Menzies Aviation
Conveyor Belt Operator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 10, 2016
A typical day at work starts with checking conveyor belt for proper operation, verify location of customer baggage, and transported customer bags as needed.
Pros
Consistent team work and communication among peers
Cons
Conveyor belt malfunction
fun workplace
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  orlando airportJanuary 8, 2016
ramp agentas my work is to coodinate the movementof aircraftin the off ramp,exterior maintenance of the units organization and distributionof luggage
Pros
free travel
Cons
salary
Very Fun Job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAAugust 29, 2015
I actually loved working at the airport in Seattle. I was a warehouse worker at Seatac International. The only reason why I quit was because I was offered a better paying job. Other than pay, my only complaint was that we received no benefits (health, dental, stuff like that). I'm a pretty religious guy, I would have liked to have Sundays off, but work was so slow, that we got done with all of our stuff by 9:30 am (we started at 8 am), our boss did not want us to go home (just in case work was provided), so until something showed up, we sat around watching movies or playing Game Boy, something like that.
Pros
Working Atmosphere
Cons
Low pay and now benefits
poor management
Lead Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 4, 2015
in a typical day of work you deal with a lot of stress time management and poor equipment control
the management does not do their job properly, they do not manage the schedules accordinglyto the flight schedule
One of the best Airport Companies
Cabin Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 28, 2016
They tried to their best to do what is best of their employees and the company as a whole. They are all about safety and the well-being of their employees.
Great Place to get work experience
Operational Analyst (Current Employee) –  SeaTac, WAJune 29, 2016
Great place to build work experience. Pretty much a place to use as a stepping stone. Not somewhere you want to stay for a long time.
Simple
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 8, 2016
Easy to work with but the schedule is interfering with my school and I need to complete my courses in order to graduate. A regular day at work is a lot of fast pace jogging. My co-workers have each other's back. The hardest part is passengers missing their flight, but you meet a lot of new people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Menzies Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9