Mercantil Commercebank Employee Reviews

Terrible company to work for
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJuly 13, 2017
When you're hired, your sold on all the promises about how great the company is and how you can move up and how everyone just loves working there....LIES. Pretty much every single person who works there is miserable. There is NO moving up! Everyone is there for a paycheck and once something better comes along they quit. The managers and supervisors are incompetent. The employees in other departments are incompetent. HR is incompetent. This makes your job harder because nothing is solved. I would NEVER open an account with this bank knowing what I know now from working behind the scenes. The call center never has anyone working there long enough to know what they're doing. People get hired, they see what a horrible place to work it is, they quit. And on and on and on. I really don't know how this company is still operating. Their business has gone down as well proving even customers are unhappy with the banks services.
Mercantil Commercebank
Customer Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 28, 2017
Gives opportunities to work in a prestigious institution. Very stressful as you break into the sales positions. Most training lacks and you have to fill in the gaps on your own. Gave a great opportunity however.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Lacks managerial communication
Very nice place to work, good benefits and very professionals
BSA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 10, 2017
I had a great experience working in Mercantil Commercebank. The people are very nice, professional and enthusiastic. They offer various career opportunities to increase your knowledge and increase your job opportunities. Also, they provide benefits such as holidays, vacation, 401K, Medical Insurance, dental insurance and legal services discounts amount others.
Pros
benefits, holidays
Cons
high goals and expectations.
Fun place to work.
Assistant Sales and Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 23, 2016
Provides a good positive environment to work, they offer good opportunity to advance within the bank. During my time with the bank I had a good quality work balance life.
Summer Employment
Corporate Communications Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLSeptember 2, 2016
As a summer associate, I was offered an ideal taste of working in corporate offices and in a professional workplace. Management was extremely friendly and helpful, making sure my temporary position was as beneficial as possible.
Pros
Exemplary future workplace environment
Progressive Place to work for.
Audit Officer II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 10, 2016
Mercantil Commercebank was rated one of the best places to work from by employee votes in 2015.
Every employee feels welcome and empowered to work. Camaraderie and work ethics are important factors that set Mercantil apart from other companies.
Pros
Camaraderie
Cons
long work hours
Very stressfull environment
Operational Risk Officer / LA-IT Liaison (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 15, 2016
MCB, is a very exhausted please to work.

The culture comes from a mix of nationalities that makes the working environment very hard to feel part of the company.

Management shows a big gap between employees and management.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lack of corporate culture
looking for a Career
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 3, 2015
* have the feeling of doing something important
* feel productive
* Helping Others one way or another
* Professional and fun place to work
Very boring with not to friendly staff
Online Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLAugust 11, 2015
The Operations department needs restructuring. It is full of people who think they are all CEO's . To put it lightly it is full of people that shouldn't have any roll in supervising other people. They lack the training in managing and need to reexamine their hiring process for upper level.
Pros
Good to put you throough school
Cons
Bad atmosphere
Great Company
Quality Assurance Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 10, 2015
This is a very organized company. Great management with an open door policy that runs throughout the whole company. Would highly recommend this company to all.
Exellent place to work with a magnificient environment
commercial banking international representative (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJuly 29, 2015
Good bank with great ethics and coworkers. The day working is exellent and everobody treats you the best way possible. Better place I have ever worked at.
Pros
Center of coral gables and free parking
Cons
Traffic
Best Place to Work
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FloridaJuly 1, 2015
This bank is the best place I have ever worked in my life. Great people, excellent work/life balance-- Truly exceptional!
A typical day at work...
Paralegal III (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLApril 27, 2015
Never a dull moment! We are very small department helping the entire bank (over 700 employees). It get very hectic at times but we are always able to maintain a good working environment. Always learning new things.
Pros
Immediate co-workers are always there
Cons
Need to punch in and punch out - not considered an exempt employee
Not a good experience
Audit Reporting Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 5, 2014
Didn't like working at Mercantil Commercebank.
Management is horrible, growing is impossible unless you know "somebody"... favoritism is showing everyday.
Pros
Got good friends
Cons
Everything else
A Great Place to Work!
People Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 23, 2014
This is a wonderful company to work for. Mercantil is very innovative always looking towards the future. They have grown in the past few years opening new branches in Texas and Florida.

Overall, this is a great place to work.
It was not a very good place to work, very long hours
Financial Analyst Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 30, 2013
A typical day of work: you came at 8:00 am and worked very hard until very late, sometimes 7:00 pm. I got sick, I had to quite.
Pros
Medical insurance, dental insurance, bonus twice a year
Cons
Great bank with great employees
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLApril 24, 2013
I was a teller in a hialeah branch, management was great, employees great, not a very active branch which allows for alot of training and learning time.
rated in great place to work, culture value very high
Officer Private Banking - International Division (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 14, 2013
A typical day, star read all my emails from my customer, set up all my list to do and verify my appointment
Call my prospectives customers, responds my emails (in priority order). Assist to meeting, and attend those customer who comes to our branch. Send request to those customer with compliance unit. Respond to those units request information.At the end of the day, respond customer's email and make sure my list to do is accomplish. Prepare my list to do for the next day.
Pros
flexible in schedule
Cons
long time to grow up in the company
Customer Service Call Center
Customer Service Call Center (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 20, 2012
The supervisors are incredible buy upper Management does not care. They still have CRT monitors that will leave you blind. Brought my own monitor and did not let me use it. Yet, they never swap the monitors and I had to star going to the eye doctor to get my prescription.
Worst place to work
Officer (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 14, 2012
Micro-management
Over-surveillance
Discrimination Remarks (Race, Age, Disability)
Constant work Harassment (Unnecessary Pressure)
Bullying
Hostile Environment
Pros
good pay for being treated like a slave
Cons
worst place to work. will make you sick