Mercantile Bank

Mercantile Bank Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Bank teller (Former Employee), Ocean Pines, MDMarch 2, 2015
Pros: the hours are a big pro, but my favorite is the friends i made and the laughs we all shared
Cons: i probably would still be there, but when pnc bought out mercantile, because i was part time the were not willing to give me health benefits.
I was new in this town and they welcomed me as a new person just moving here. I had had experience at Mercantile in Laurel, MD. and was transferred here when my husband and I moved to Berlin, MD. I made many friends, not only in the workplace, but many customers that I stall am able to see pretty regularly.
Mercantile Bank - UCB Bancorp Inc
Data Processing Assistant/E-Deposit Coordinator (Current Employee), Quincy, ILOctober 27, 2014
Pros: (private)
Cons: (private)
A typical work day consists of:
eDeposit "Merchant Capture" processing of virtual deposit.
Support IBM AS/400 operations including IDP tape backup.
Daily security report review/investigation.
Operation of Pitney Bowes inserter/stuffer machine.
Customer contact via phone/email for verification of eStatement enrollment.
Monthly/Quarterly reporting using Excel/Access.

The most enjoyable part of this position is autonomy. I handle my daily tasks with access to supervisor when needed. Technology. Multitasking. Teamwork/support.
Bank was bought by another Bank. New Bank is outsourcing most of the jobs in my department.
Loan Operations Servicing Clerk (Current Employee), Quincy, ILSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: department where everyone worked together.
Cons: new management doesn't let us know what is going to take place after the conversion.
Get to work and start to work on balancing reports that have been assigned to me. I start with the one that has a deadline and proceed through the remaining reports. Some days the major report takes longer to balance. After finishing those reports, I continue with other jobs that have been assigned to me when a co-worker has left or been let go.I try to get as much done as I can during the work day.
I have learned a different part of banking than what I previously done. Learning the ins and outs of the computer system. Previously management was there to answer questions regarding my specific duties, but now we do not have a manager over our department. My co-workers were always friendly and made me feel part of the group. The hardest part of the job was when I could not find the problem in balancing a report. I would ask for help and always got it from my co-worker. The most enjoyable part of the job was that we all worked together to get our jobs done. When someone was on vacation or sick, we all worked together to cover the work load.
Excellent organization with advancement opportunities
Vice President - Regional Retail Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 22, 2014
Pros: management, opportunities, training, advancement
Cons: target for acquisition due to the success of the organization.
Progressive opportunities were available to those of us who were willing to apply themselves. Excellent management at the top, and other senior management. Several acquisitions afforded the opportunity to participate in areas most in my career path do not have afforded to them.
Cared about customer satisfaction
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 14, 2014
Pros: great place to work and meet people
Cons: bank went out of business
Greeting everyone with a smile , knowing that the customer is always right
Very busy.
Money Manager II/Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 14, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of meeting your sales goals and cross-selling bank products. The management team was decent. The hardest part of my job was occasionally dealing with testy employees. The most enjoyable part of my job was the positive sales results and goals met.
account
Jr. Accountant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 26, 2013
Pros: account
Cons: the hour
i love the job because it was something i love to it was my
most enjoyable par of my job is account

i has 6 company i was there account clerk over night at the bank
I worked for them for 3 years but was interested in advancement
Teller, Vault Teller (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 1, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
It has been to long to really comment on job. I was a Vault teller and worked directly with Teller Supervisor.
customer service & collections
Collection Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 14, 2013
This was a great company to work for. Compensation was very good
Changes prior to lay off from TD bank
VP, Branch Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 23, 2013
Pros: client base
Cons: layed off
Mercantile had changes, Was not as up to date as bigger branches, Came on board for a smaller bank feel. Layed off.
productive crew
Lead Reconciliation Analyst (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 28, 2013
Pros: balance everyday
I enjoy the crew that I worked with.I always make my deadline.i learned how the backroom of the business works.I enjoy mind co worker.The big enjoyment was balance at the end of the day.
Worked in loan mitigation field
Lost Mitigation Specialist I (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 15, 2013
Very comfortable work place, I enjoy working in this field.
Very much enjoyed working as a teller
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Eldon, MOJanuary 9, 2013
Banking is fun and I would recommend working at one but this one is now closed.
n/a
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 29, 2012
Pros: very challenging
Cons: having to sleep there when computer operations were down
This was my very first job out of high school. I worked my way from being a computer operator to operations coordinator. I worked very hard and long hours and learned everything there was to know about bond investments, money markets, wire transfers. Enjoyed the job very much as it was a position where you had to make split decisions at any given moment to make money for the customer and the company.
Good place to learn, but no advancement opportunities
Commercial Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MISeptember 30, 2012
Great experience to be gained, but contrary to Mercantile's proclamation, the culture of the company is not good. Employees are misled and taken advantage of. The egos and attitudes of the employees in advanced positions is counterproductive and promotes
negativity.

Hard work is not appreciated at this company.

There are positives to the company, but the negatives far outweigh them. The pay is good though.
Mercantile was a great place to work.
Retail Operations Officer/Senior Personal Banker (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 9, 2012
I learned so much while working at Mercantile. My job knowledge was greatly expanded while there in backoffice operations, retail, and branch management.
Great job and terrific hours
Item Processing Clerk (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 6, 2012
Pros: great working environment
Fast paced work environment and very detail oriented. Loved the hours and the freedom to work by myself that the job afforded me.
Good place to work not longer existe
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Largo, FLJuly 5, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: bad mangement
Good family bank ,great benefits , good hours , no weekends banking ... very easy and calm .
average starting job
Teller (Former Employee), Willow Springs, MOJune 9, 2012
Pros: breaks
Cons: knowing i would never be fulltime
got cash drawer out and worked all day do transactions as fast as you could work while trying to balance at the end of the day. co workers were great, management didn't care about anyone as long as their was a body to staff the bank. I was a PT (Kelly Girl) and was told that I would never go Full Time because my brother in law also worked at the bank even thought he would have never supervised me directly
great place to work
Customer Service Representative/Teller (Former Employee), tampa, floridaMay 12, 2012
Great place