Mercantile Bank Employee Reviews

Unrealistic sales goals with high pressure
Commercial Teller (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 7, 2017
Sales expectations for this company were to open a minimum of fifteen new accounts per month (any combination of type) in order to be paid any form of incentive. The branch I worked in was in a part of Tampa where there were few, if any, customers willing to open new accounts as the majority had established accounts for years. Pay was not sufficient to be able to afford health insurance.
Pros
Friendly regular customers.
Cons
High Pressure to meet sales goals, low pay
great place with great people
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Branch, MIJuly 24, 2017
Competitive rates with wonderful people. would definitely recommend to friends. Also you cant beat the benefits, need to be good with numbers and good with the public.
Pros
money and benifits
Cons
dealing with people that are angry
You wanted to go to work everyday!
Consumer Loan Processing Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 4, 2017
There was a lot of work but the team worked cohesively to get the job done. Everyone communicated with each other and if a department needed assistance, it was a given that someone would help. There were activities for the employees to participate in. During the holidays, parents could leave and bring their children in for activities and treats.
Pros
Everyone was treated fairly
Cons
They went out of business
I was a teller for the drive thru, help to open and close the bank. And work by myself when head teller and teller ll was out for most of
Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 11, 2017
Worked ok the teller line for the drive thru and in the lobby. Open and closed the bank. Good care of the night drop and entered then into there account. Change orders for Macdonald. Did cash advance on credit card, order money for clients going out of the country. Open safe deposit boxes.
Productive and great place to work
CREDIT UNDERWRITER SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLFebruary 10, 2017
It was a good place to work until got acquired. The people that work there were very professional and great work environment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOFebruary 8, 2017
Amazing customers and staff to work with and for. Easy to work for with amazing bosses who understand that life happens.
Great people, great company to be apart of
Elite Money Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 6, 2017
This was no ordinary bank. The employee treated each other like family and always encourage us to pursue or education which was covered by the bank. The relationship with clients was like no other we identified everyone by name and saw most clients daily. Every branch was very diverse and everyone was treated with respect no matter race, gender, or culture.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Great place to work!
COMMERCIAL CREDIT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 9, 2017
Great place to work! Good benefits, work hours, and community involvement.

Friendly coworkers and overall great atmosphere.
Bank is no longer
Retail Sales Representative/Loan Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 26, 2016
This bank is no longer in business - I believe US Bank bought them. While working there, it was a good place to work, but low paying.
Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 15, 2015
fun place to work, great supervisor.inconsistent hours. Great customers. Great employees, good working environment. Had most holidays off.
Cons
This employment is now closed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 4, 2015
Was a good place to work. Great management and employees. Customers when a teller were rewarding to work with. Inbound call customers were for the most friendly and easy to work with.
Pros
good management
Cons
job ended with sell of bank
Great place to work.
Bank teller (Former Employee) –  Ocean Pines, MDMarch 2, 2015
I was new in this town and they welcomed me as a new person just moving here. I had had experience at Mercantile in Laurel, MD. and was transferred here when my husband and I moved to Berlin, MD. I made many friends, not only in the workplace, but many customers that I stall am able to see pretty regularly.
Pros
The hours are a big pro, but my favorite is the friends I made and the laughs we all shared
Cons
I probably would still be there, but when PNC bought out Mercantile, because I was part time the were not willing to give me health benefits.
Mercantile Bank - UCB Bancorp Inc
Data Processing Assistant/E-Deposit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILOctober 27, 2014
A typical work day consists of:
eDeposit "Merchant Capture" processing of virtual deposit.
Support IBM AS/400 operations including IDP tape backup.
Daily security report review/investigation.
Operation of Pitney Bowes inserter/stuffer machine.
Customer contact via phone/email for verification of eStatement enrollment.
Monthly/Quarterly reporting using Excel/Access.

The most enjoyable part of this position is autonomy. I handle my daily tasks with access to supervisor when needed. Technology. Multitasking. Teamwork/support.
Pros
(Private)
Cons
(Private)
Bank was bought by another Bank. New Bank is outsourcing most of the jobs in my department.
Loan Operations Servicing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILSeptember 21, 2014
Get to work and start to work on balancing reports that have been assigned to me. I start with the one that has a deadline and proceed through the remaining reports. Some days the major report takes longer to balance. After finishing those reports, I continue with other jobs that have been assigned to me when a co-worker has left or been let go.I try to get as much done as I can during the work day.
I have learned a different part of banking than what I previously done. Learning the ins and outs of the computer system. Previously management was there to answer questions regarding my specific duties, but now we do not have a manager over our department. My co-workers were always friendly and made me feel part of the group. The hardest part of the job was when I could not find the problem in balancing a report. I would ask for help and always got it from my co-worker. The most enjoyable part of the job was that we all worked together to get our jobs done. When someone was on vacation or sick, we all worked together to cover the work load.
Pros
Department where everyone worked together.
Cons
New management doesn't let us know what is going to take place after the conversion.
Excellent organization with advancement opportunities
Vice President - Regional Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 22, 2014
Progressive opportunities were available to those of us who were willing to apply themselves. Excellent management at the top, and other senior management. Several acquisitions afforded the opportunity to participate in areas most in my career path do not have afforded to them.
Pros
Management, opportunities, training, advancement
Cons
target for acquisition due to the success of the organization.
Cared about customer satisfaction
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 14, 2014
Greeting everyone with a smile , knowing that the customer is always right
Pros
Great place to work and meet people
Cons
Bank went out of business
Very busy.
Money Manager II/Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 14, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of meeting your sales goals and cross-selling bank products. The management team was decent. The hardest part of my job was occasionally dealing with testy employees. The most enjoyable part of my job was the positive sales results and goals met.
account
Jr. Accountant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 26, 2013
i love the job because it was something i love to it was my
most enjoyable par of my job is account

i has 6 company i was there account clerk over night at the bank
Pros
account
Cons
the hour
I worked for them for 3 years but was interested in advancement
Teller, Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 1, 2013
It has been to long to really comment on job. I was a Vault teller and worked directly with Teller Supervisor.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
customer service & collections
Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 14, 2013
This was a great company to work for. Compensation was very good