Merced College

Merced College Employer Reviews

Great workplace
Greenhouse assistant (Former Employee), Merced, CAJune 11, 2014
Pros: outside work, working with plants
Cons: spiders, hot days
I enjoyed working for the Merced College. Working in the plant science was a wonderful experience. Getting to see the production and care of the plant life and being a part of it was absolutely amazing. My co-workers were great and always helpful and my manager was friendly and always willing to stop and give instruction or assistance. The best part – more... of working in the plant science was feeling like i was more than just sitting around, I was interactive with the plants and people. Introducing color and joy to everyones landscape and/or homes. – less
Amazing Experience to Help Others
Tutor (Former Employee), Los Banos, CAMay 27, 2014
While I was a student at Merced College, I had the opportunity to work as a tutor as well. I mostly tutored Math and English and it helped me adjust to every student's specific needs. Being a tutor required me to have excellent communication skills and I believe working there highly helped me in those skills.
BEST PLACE I EVER WORKED!
Learning Disability Testing Assistant (Former Employee), Merced, CAAugust 18, 2013
Pros: great benefit package
Cons: there wasn't any.
Great environment, great co-workers and excellent management. You can't ask for a better place to work.
productive and full of new experiences
Gym Assistant (Former Employee), Merced, CAAugust 16, 2013
Pros: positive enviornment
show up early, after the gym is opened by the supervisor. turn on lights, set up athletics courts for activities and bring down basketball hoops. gym activities open to the campus.
great to begin my Early Childhood career
Child Development (Former Employee), Los Banos CaJuly 28, 2013
This was the begining with Early Childhood Education. I started as a volunteer. This was required to earn my educational units
Easy and Convenient
Lab technician (Former Employee), Merced, CAMay 31, 2013
I was in the work-study program at the Merced Community College. Anyone who is enrolled there can apply for the program. I was place in the Computer Lab because of my prior knowledge. The best thing about the job was that they work around your class schedule.
Merced College
Student Ambassador (Former Employee), Merced, CAMarch 14, 2013
This employer is one of the best I have ever worked for. The leadership at Merced College is very engaged and consistent. They are focused on enhancing the community and providing higher education.
Unique and diverse environment
Math Tutor (Former Employee), Los Banos, CAJuly 7, 2012
I enjoyed working with other students either one on one or in a group setting. I learned not every student learns the same way which made me work at my hardest to ensure that everyone grasped the concept of math. The most enjoyable part of the job was whenever students came up to me to tell me that they "aced" their math test.
great place to work
Math and Science Tutor (Former Employee), Merced, CAMay 26, 2012
Pros: a productive work environment, possiblity to change studetns life.
Cons: a better pay would have been good.
a great place to work at. highly enjoyed my time here. Some student come back to thank you for really helping them with their studies. The job made me feel accomplished.
Exellent place to work
Assistant to the fiscal department (Former Employee), Merced, CAMarch 8, 2012
Pros: time
I enjoyed working there, unfortunately this was just through the work-study progam while I was enrolled in College.