Merced College Employee Reviews

N/a
Professor (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAFebruary 2, 2018
N/A Only part time. Enjoyed working for Merced College night classes a lot of freedom but and felt good about giving back to community. There should be more part-time professors
Good start in careers
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJanuary 27, 2018
Lots of experience learned at college. Trained to become.e teacher. Meet meanful people who can help guide you in your careers. Staff very friendly and helpful
Pros
Education
First Job
Note Taker (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJanuary 11, 2018
As the title describes, it was my first job and I thought it was nice. Merced College offers numerous opportunities for students to be involved. it was a good experience and I'm grateful for it.
great work study opportunity for full-time students to earn extra money.
Bookstore Clerk (Former Employee) –  Merced, CANovember 17, 2017
I was very happy working at the bookstore for merced college, however you must be a full-time student to get the job. This position was through work study which helped me a lot earn extra money and it was on campus.
Very slow pace and relaxed environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAOctober 31, 2017
The most enjoyable part is that my hours were scheduled around my classes. I was able to work on school work on my free time. Site is obviously on campus so it was convenient.
Loss of integrity
Financial Aid Advisor / Grant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAOctober 4, 2017
Merced College was once a very respectable and desirable place to work. In more recent years, the Administration and Management personnel have demonstrated lack of insight and connection with their classified staff members. Many staff members are currently working in hostile environments. I would go so far as to state that there is a corrupt element to how Merced College conducts its business.
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
Unprofessional, inferior Managers, discrimination, salary offered is not competitive with similar positions, at other higher ed institutions
Productive and fun workplace
Guidance Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CASeptember 5, 2017
I loved working for the Guidance department of Merced College. The fast paced environment, the interaction with students, the management, the passion of every other employee, etc. It was all worth the time I spent there. I miss it still.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
It was only a student position
Enjoyable program
Student Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CASeptember 1, 2017
Coursework on Merced College campus and Clinical training in Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Merced, CA. Learned about skills and safety precautions in the field.
Excellent place to work
Short-term hourly clerk (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAAugust 7, 2017
Working at Merced College in Admissions & Records was like working with family. Everyone is very welcoming as you walk into work in the morning. Working for Merced College you get to work with students of various cultures and ethnic backgrounds, which was awesome.
Merced College
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAApril 18, 2017
The job I had at Merced College was ideal for a student. They work around students schedules and allow you to get an education while being able to make a little extra cash.
Great
Bookstore Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Banos, CAFebruary 24, 2017
Everyone that works for the college is very nice and treats everyone like family. Typical days hover between extremely busy or extremely slow, not a lot of in-between.
Pros
Great pay, friendly coworkers, willing to work with schedules
Cons
Pay comes monthly
Student
Student study of Registered Nursing (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Full time study of Medical Science Pre requisists
Human Development
and Government Issues
Fun
STUDENT AMBASSADOR (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAOctober 4, 2016
In love with the working environment at Merced College. There are many people willing to help others reach their academic goals. There are many great services to look into. hint: EOPS , Career Center, Math lab, Tutorial center. Clubs are a plus and ASMC care about the students! Go Blue Devils !!!
Teaching Goal
Drafting instructor - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJuly 16, 2016
Best place to share my professional achievements as a Draftsman. As an owner of my own company I bring along along all the knowledge of what I gathered through my time working for other companies in the architectural field.
Productive yet relaxed work environment
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAFebruary 11, 2016
I love this job and they worked with me around my schedule. A very respectful and relaxed place to work at. I had many tasks like cleaning the labs after classes leave and when students needed print outs we had to check them out and keep records. I also would file a data or make schedules which taught me a lot about excel. Overall it has been an enjoyable job.
volunteer
CLERK (Former Employee) –  MERCEDAugust 25, 2015
I help music club to collect some money and record any transaction. when the club hold a concert, i am responsible to arrange space and sent flyers.
Safe place to work, and very informative lessons.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 23, 2015
I learned a lot in working in this particular office (Disabled Student Services). I dealt with paperwork regarding accommodations for students with disabilities. Scheduled appointments for these students and worked along side with their counselors. Management was great. My co-workers were just as great in teaching me how to do certain assignments.
Pros
Stayed busy, and worked with me with classes. Flexible
Cons
At times there was a lot of downtime
Not recommended.
Librarian Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Banos, CAJuly 10, 2014
First I want to say that I love working for my college. My coworkers are wonderful people and I really enjoy helping students. However, the abysmal pay and mixed signals from up on high make this job particularly difficult to recommend to anyone.

A typical day at work includes long periods of downtime, followed by brief "rush" periods. Downtime tended to be a time for brainstorming new ways to improve student's experience and/or dusting.
Pros
Great work environment, Forgiving schedules
Cons
No benefits, no job stability.
Fun
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 18, 2014
Loved it! I was enrolled as a full-time student and it went right along with my class schedule.
Pros
Convenient
Cons
Not enough hours
Great workplace
Greenhouse assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 11, 2014
I enjoyed working for the Merced College. Working in the plant science was a wonderful experience. Getting to see the production and care of the plant life and being a part of it was absolutely amazing. My co-workers were great and always helpful and my manager was friendly and always willing to stop and give instruction or assistance. The best part of working in the plant science was feeling like i was more than just sitting around, I was interactive with the plants and people. Introducing color and joy to everyones landscape and/or homes.
Pros
Outside work, working with plants
Cons
Spiders, hot days