Merced College Employee Reviews in United States

Teaching Goal
Drafting instructor - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJuly 16, 2016
Best place to share my professional achievements as a Draftsman. As an owner of my own company I bring along along all the knowledge of what I gathered through my time working for other companies in the architectural field.
Productive yet relaxed work environment
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAFebruary 11, 2016
I love this job and they worked with me around my schedule. A very respectful and relaxed place to work at. I had many tasks like cleaning the labs after classes leave and when students needed print outs we had to check them out and keep records. I also would file a data or make schedules which taught me a lot about excel. Overall it has been an enjoyable job.
Not recommended.
Librarian Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Banos, CAJuly 10, 2014
First I want to say that I love working for my college. My coworkers are wonderful people and I really enjoy helping students. However, the abysmal pay and mixed signals from up on high make this job particularly difficult to recommend to anyone.

A typical day at work includes long periods of downtime, followed by brief "rush" periods. Downtime tended to be a time for brainstorming new ways to improve student's experience and/or dusting.
Pros
great work environment, forgiving schedules
Cons
no benefits, no job stability.
Safe place to work, and very informative lessons.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 23, 2015
I learned a lot in working in this particular office (Disabled Student Services). I dealt with paperwork regarding accommodations for students with disabilities. Scheduled appointments for these students and worked along side with their counselors. Management was great. My co-workers were just as great in teaching me how to do certain assignments.
Pros
Stayed busy, and worked with me with classes. Flexible
Cons
At times there was a lot of downtime
volunteer
CLERK (Former Employee) –  MERCEDAugust 25, 2015
I help music club to collect some money and record any transaction. when the club hold a concert, i am responsible to arrange space and sent flyers.
Great workplace
Greenhouse assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 11, 2014
I enjoyed working for the Merced College. Working in the plant science was a wonderful experience. Getting to see the production and care of the plant life and being a part of it was absolutely amazing. My co-workers were great and always helpful and my manager was friendly and always willing to stop and give instruction or assistance. The best part of working in the plant science was feeling like i was more than just sitting around, I was interactive with the plants and people. Introducing color and joy to everyones landscape and/or homes.
Pros
outside work, working with plants
Cons
spiders, hot days
Best place I ever worked!
Learning Disability Testing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAAugust 18, 2013
Great environment, great co-workers and excellent management. You can't ask for a better place to work.
Pros
great benefit package
Cons
there wasn't any.
Amazing Experience to Help Others
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Los Banos, CAMay 27, 2014
While I was a student at Merced College, I had the opportunity to work as a tutor as well. I mostly tutored Math and English and it helped me adjust to every student's specific needs. Being a tutor required me to have excellent communication skills and I believe working there highly helped me in those skills.
Unique and diverse environment
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Los Banos, CAJuly 7, 2012
I enjoyed working with other students either one on one or in a group setting. I learned not every student learns the same way which made me work at my hardest to ensure that everyone grasped the concept of math. The most enjoyable part of the job was whenever students came up to me to tell me that they "aced" their math test.
great place to work
Math and Science Tutor (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAMay 26, 2012
a great place to work at. highly enjoyed my time here. Some student come back to thank you for really helping them with their studies. The job made me feel accomplished.
Pros
a productive work environment, possiblity to change studetns life.
Cons
a better pay would have been good.
Easy and Convenient
Lab technician (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAMay 31, 2013
I was in the work-study program at the Merced Community College. Anyone who is enrolled there can apply for the program. I was place in the Computer Lab because of my prior knowledge. The best thing about the job was that they work around your class schedule.
productive and full of new experiences
Gym Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAAugust 16, 2013
show up early, after the gym is opened by the supervisor. turn on lights, set up athletics courts for activities and bring down basketball hoops. gym activities open to the campus.
Pros
positive enviornment
Fun
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 18, 2014
Loved it! I was enrolled as a full-time student and it went right along with my class schedule.
Pros
convenient
Cons
not enough hours
great to begin my Early Childhood career
Child Development (Former Employee) –  Los Banos CaJuly 28, 2013
This was the begining with Early Childhood Education. I started as a volunteer. This was required to earn my educational units
Exellent place to work
Assistant to the fiscal department (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAMarch 8, 2012
I enjoyed working there, unfortunately this was just through the work-study progam while I was enrolled in College.
Pros
time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merced College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8