Merced College Employee Review

View all Merced College reviews

Amazing Experience to Help Others
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Los Banos, CAMay 27, 2014
While I was a student at Merced College, I had the opportunity to work as a tutor as well. I mostly tutored Math and English and it helped me adjust to every student's specific needs. Being a tutor required me to have excellent communication skills and I believe working there highly helped me in those skills.

Other Merced College Employee Reviews

Very slow pace and relaxed environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAOctober 31, 2017
The most enjoyable part is that my hours were scheduled around my classes. I was able to work on school work on my free time. Site is obviously on campus so it was convenient.
Loss of integrity
Financial Aid Advisor / Grant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAOctober 4, 2017
Merced College was once a very respectable and desirable place to work. In more recent years, the Administration and Management personnel have demonstrated lack of insight and connection with their classified staff members. Many staff members are currently working in hostile environments. I would go so far as to state that there is a corrupt element to how Merced College conducts its business.
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
Unprofessional, inferior Managers, discrimination, salary offered is not competitive with similar positions, at other higher ed institutions