Merced College Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
volunteer
CLERK (Former Employee) –  MERCEDAugust 25, 2015
I help music club to collect some money and record any transaction. when the club hold a concert, i am responsible to arrange space and sent flyers.
Safe place to work, and very informative lessons.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 23, 2015
I learned a lot in working in this particular office (Disabled Student Services). I dealt with paperwork regarding accommodations for students with disabilities. Scheduled appointments for these students and worked along side with their counselors. Management was great. My co-workers were just as great in teaching me how to do certain assignments.
Pros
Stayed busy, and worked with me with classes. Flexible
Cons
At times there was a lot of downtime
Not recommended.
Librarian Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Banos, CAJuly 10, 2014
First I want to say that I love working for my college. My coworkers are wonderful people and I really enjoy helping students. However, the abysmal pay and mixed signals from up on high make this job particularly difficult to recommend to anyone.

A typical day at work includes long periods of downtime, followed by brief "rush" periods. Downtime tended to be a time for brainstorming new ways to improve student's experience and/or dusting.
Pros
great work environment, forgiving schedules
Cons
no benefits, no job stability.
Fun
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 18, 2014
Loved it! I was enrolled as a full-time student and it went right along with my class schedule.
Pros
convenient
Cons
not enough hours
Great workplace
Greenhouse assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 11, 2014
I enjoyed working for the Merced College. Working in the plant science was a wonderful experience. Getting to see the production and care of the plant life and being a part of it was absolutely amazing. My co-workers were great and always helpful and my manager was friendly and always willing to stop and give instruction or assistance. The best part of working in the plant science was feeling like i was more than just sitting around, I was interactive with the plants and people. Introducing color and joy to everyones landscape and/or homes.
Pros
outside work, working with plants
Cons
spiders, hot days
Amazing Experience to Help Others
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Los Banos, CAMay 27, 2014
While I was a student at Merced College, I had the opportunity to work as a tutor as well. I mostly tutored Math and English and it helped me adjust to every student's specific needs. Being a tutor required me to have excellent communication skills and I believe working there highly helped me in those skills.
BEST PLACE I EVER WORKED!
Learning Disability Testing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAAugust 18, 2013
Great environment, great co-workers and excellent management. You can't ask for a better place to work.
Pros
great benefit package
Cons
there wasn't any.
productive and full of new experiences
Gym Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAAugust 16, 2013
show up early, after the gym is opened by the supervisor. turn on lights, set up athletics courts for activities and bring down basketball hoops. gym activities open to the campus.
Pros
positive enviornment
great to begin my Early Childhood career
Child Development (Former Employee) –  Los Banos CaJuly 28, 2013
This was the begining with Early Childhood Education. I started as a volunteer. This was required to earn my educational units
Merced College
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAMarch 14, 2013
This employer is one of the best I have ever worked for. The leadership at Merced College is very engaged and consistent. They are focused on enhancing the community and providing higher education.

Want to know more about Merced College?

Ask a question
Unique and diverse environment
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Los Banos, CAJuly 7, 2012
I enjoyed working with other students either one on one or in a group setting. I learned not every student learns the same way which made me work at my hardest to ensure that everyone grasped the concept of math. The most enjoyable part of the job was whenever students came up to me to tell me that they "aced" their math test.
great place to work
Math and Science Tutor (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAMay 26, 2012
a great place to work at. highly enjoyed my time here. Some student come back to thank you for really helping them with their studies. The job made me feel accomplished.
Pros
a productive work environment, possiblity to change studetns life.
Cons
a better pay would have been good.
Exellent place to work
Assistant to the fiscal department (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAMarch 8, 2012
I enjoyed working there, unfortunately this was just through the work-study progam while I was enrolled in College.
Pros
time

4.7