Mercedes-Benz Employee Reviews

Little to No Employee Engagment
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vance, ALJanuary 25, 2017
I am a Quality Engineer at MBUSI.

Most Quality engineers are not engaged in their jobs and lack the empathy to work together to solve problems with the vehicle.

Employee retention is low among engineers aged 22-35. The work demographic can best be described by the older employees (45+) who come in, do their 8 hours, and go home. Most of them are happy to receive good health care and benefits in a state (Alabama) that often ranks #49 out of 50 or near the bottom in many respects (i.e., education, obesity, health care services, inclusiveness, economic health, etc.).

Management is here to make a good income and to drive a car - they do a poor job instilling purpose in the employees under them.

The hardest part of my job is not quitting.

The most enjoyable part of my job is leaving every day.
Pros
healthcare
This Place Changed My Life
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Littleton, CODecember 27, 2016
I just found out that I was unable to go back to college, which for all intents and purposes, was my every hope and dream. I worked at a coffee shop, became a GM, worked 70 hours a week, and made 45,000/year, with extremely small bonuses 4 times a year. As the fates would have it, I got the opportunity to work for Mercedes Benz. I love it! I love being a part of the best car brand in the world, I love "The Best or Nothing" culture, and I love that how hard I work FINALLY reflects the amount of money I make. I am saddened to move and have to leave Mercedes Benz in CO, but wow! I learned so much.
Pros
commission, best product, benefits
Cons
long hours, at times tough customers, slow periods
Used Car Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLDecember 15, 2016
Mercedes Benz of Orlando in Maitland was a great place to work with outstanding people and good compensation. The clients were easy to deal with and simple to keep happy, just wanted someone to listen to their concerns and give them a straight answer with a can do attitude.My most enjoyable part of the day was when a customer would stick their in my office and say that they just had the best car buying experience and looking forward to seeing us in the near future.
My take was, you can be honest and helpful while being profitable.
MBUSA 2.0 is a Company Divided
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2016
Poor leadership and tremendous "us versus them" conflict following move from New Jersey. Coaching never happened in my department and there were more than a few instances where they were complaining about the "kids from Atlanta" with no productive action.

Very hierarchical and process-driven environment with little chance to innovate or be visible below Department Manager level, and less ownership or motivation to work together between departments below that.

Some departments have downright toxic cultures, despite the occasional motivational e-mail that was written by a consulting firm.

Benefits greatly reduced with move. Employee lease program is a profit center for MB Financial and costs as much as retail. Not easy with salary cuts.

Office is poorly located, and parking at Wal-Mart is pretty brutal.
Pros
Decent PTO and Holiday Party
Cons
Benefits, Salary, Leadership
customer service oriented
Finance Manager, Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlado Fl,March 3, 2017
Assist with financing and leasing process, TO clients, handle CIT's
in bound calls, registrations. I learned how to put people at ease and make the whole process streamline and effortless. Assisted with CSI
the part about it meeting all different clients and back grounds, the most difficult part was dealing with irate clients trying to figure out the best way to make them happy.
Pros
Demo allowance, benefits
Cons
late nights
Exciting workplace, high morale, respectable people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJJanuary 24, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed being employed at MBUSA! They paid for most of my college education, on the job training, and working with great people, job advancement, latest in technology.
Pros
Good pay, great benefits, great perks
Cons
MBUSA moves its location to Atlanta
Working at Mercedes Benz
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Vance, ALJanuary 19, 2017
Good job with great benefits. Team members are very friendly and willing to help each other. Management is people friendly as well. Great place to work
good
Quality Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Vance, ALJanuary 22, 2017
Hard to rotate shifts and its really hard work but dont have any regrets working there. My husband still works for this company and I am happy we still receive their benefits.
Great placxe to work
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Athens, GANovember 18, 2016
If you have the opportunity to work with Mercedes Benz of Athens. I would jump on it. This is a great company and everyone there gets treated fairly. Not to mention the chances to advance within the company.
Pros
Pay, Evironment, Benifits, Holiday pay/perks
Cons
Very cluttered parking and area in general
Productive workplace
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 6, 2017
Excellent place of employment! Loved the benefits. Able to learn tasks easily and have a supportive team. Typical day consists of inspecting parts for safety and quality.
Interesting place to work if you like cars, little room for advancement
Valet (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDFebruary 25, 2017
Working at Mercedes-Benz is a very active job, constantly running back and forth pulling and parking cars, and interacting with customers. It wasn't a very strict job but under preforming wasn't tolerated. I learned how to work hard and enjoy the job despite any problems and stress that may arise. The hardest and also the best part of the job was the customers, keeping your cool with a disgruntled customer could be a struggle but seeing them leaving happier was always nice, and having a regular customer show up just to chat and get a car wash was always a blast.
Pros
free lunch on a Saturday worked, hour lunch break
Cons
grumpy management, no room to advance
5 Star
VALLET/PORTER (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJanuary 26, 2017
The environment is professional. The benefits are awesome when it comes to health care and dental. Full time hours . In this job I learned how to deal with the upper class and their needs.
Good job to provide for a family
Maintenance Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Vance, ALSeptember 29, 2016
Good pay and benefits
Mercedes vehicle lease for employees
Very poor team morale
Limited opportunity for job growth
Work ethic or lack of means nothing at MBUSI, EVERYONE is equal
Pros
Mercedes Employee Lease
Cons
Unpaid lunch, very few annual raises for hourly employees
Clean and professional.
Automotive Technician, Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAJanuary 21, 2017
Clean organized and very professional. Great work experience. Friendly helpful people working there. Great pay and benefits.
Fortune 500 Company-Dissappointed
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 1, 2017
I worked at Mercedes Benz as a temp for over an year. The management that they have in place is poor and will throw anyone under the bus for advancement and that culture has trinkled down to the employees. I worked there over a year and learned 90% of the positions there and was highly productive and reliable but they still wouldn't hire me permanently just to save money. For an Fortune 500 company I expected for them to treat their employees much better than they do.
Pros
Not Hard Work
Cons
Treatment of employees (Full-Time&Temp)
"You are replaceable"
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 5, 2016
Worked here for 3 years in customer service .
No raises.
No bonuses.
No positives.
The entire company knew via the owner and his dumb blonde assistant is that "you are and always will be replaceable". A big "show" is put on for customers but the company had (and still has) a revolving door for employees. Salespeople were always being cheated out of their hard earned commissions. I know I worked too many 14 hour days without a break to remember...with never a thank you. Your family was considered irrelevant and personal time was severely frowned upon! Such a pity! Hard working people continue to leave for companies that show even the smallest amount of appreciation.
Pros
Was close to home
Cons
No wage increases, unappreciative mgmt, long hours, no breaks...etc!
Product Concierge (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MASeptember 20, 2016
Cool place to work. Get to work with some of the most sophisticated and complex automobile technology in the world. Awesome co workers.
Pros
Nice cars, friendly people
Cons
Compensation, no paid lunch
Learnt new things!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJAugust 16, 2016
I learnt a lot. I didn't know how to use a scanner at a warehouse but by working there, I became use to it. I learnt how to come to work on time, how to focus and do my job, and how to put things orderly. my co-workers were amazing and friendly. not getting healthcare benefits made it hard.
Pros
free food
Cons
no health benefits
Productive and interesting workplace.
courtesy shuttle driver (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 5, 2016
Very good company, good benefits and nice enviroment,good co workeers .
The general managmament is very Professional
The company give you the chance to improve the
Work position.
great people to work with
Assembly Line Worker/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Vance, ALJuly 18, 2016
a typical day was to get to work early make sure that i have all items needed to work a shift .SO that i will be on top of my work during the shift in order to help co workers
Pros
they had many breaks every 2 hours
Cons
the benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercedes-Benz. Our community is ready to answer.