Mercedes-Benz Employee Reviews in United States

"You are replaceable"
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 5, 2016
Worked here for 3 years in customer service .
No raises.
No bonuses.
No positives.
The entire company knew via the owner and his dumb blonde assistant is that "you are and always will be replaceable". A big "show" is put on for customers but the company had (and still has) a revolving door for employees. Salespeople were always being cheated out of their hard earned commissions. I know I worked too many 14 hour days without a break to remember...with never a thank you. Your family was considered irrelevant and personal time was severely frowned upon! Such a pity! Hard working people continue to leave for companies that show even the smallest amount of appreciation.
Pros
Was close to home
Cons
No wage increases, unappreciative mgmt, long hours, no breaks...etc!
Great place if you like driving luxury vehicles
Driver/Porter (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 25, 2016
Is a great job if you are young and in school. But do not expect a raise so easily. Raises are a myth in this company. The best job here would probably be a shuttle driver in my opinion. You get to drive a Mercedes outside the dealership doing all sorts of deliveries without anybody watching over your shoulder. You truly feel free and as long as you are a safe and responsible driver, this job is what you want if you want to join the Mercedes crew. Atleast for starters.
Pros
Great experience with luxury vechicles
Cons
No raises. Corrupt management.
A nice place to work and build a career in the automotive industry.
Detail Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 15, 2016
Mercedes Benz of Buffalo is full of good people who genuinely care about their jobs. The department that I managed was run lean which is necessary in todays competitive atmosphere but it would lead to some stressful moments. The upper management was supportive and understanding to most situations. The hardest part of the job was a combination of two things. Maintaining the highest level of quality during peak busy times of the year and balancing the working manager aspect of my job. Ironically, this was the most enjoyable part of the job. Controlling chaos and reaching productivity goals would always feel good at the end of the day.
Pros
Good people and a nice work environment
Cons
very stressful towards months end.
Very Productive
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Vance, ALJanuary 29, 2016
I work in the paint shop on the assembly line in the sealer department. The job is great but it's just not where I want to be for a career. I enjoy helping others and working with other people to help others and I'm not doing so at this time. The hardest part of this job would be the hours which is night shift and I would say the most enjoyable part is the pay/benefits but I've realized money isn't everything. I'd rather have a job I love to do instead of going in to work daily just for the money.
Pros
Pay Rate
Cons
Short breaks, last minute decision-making, etc.
Life in the car business
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 28, 2016
Typical work day starts at 8:30 am and usually ends about 6-7pm. Usually the start of the day is getting appointments in order, performing followup calls and sending out thank you cards for the clients of the previous day while keeping a lookout for clients coming in.
Afternoons are filled with inventory walks, mingling with service clients, meetings, and phone calls, again while keeping a lookout for clients coming in.
If and when we happen to get a customer looking to purchase a car, it starts off with the interview to get a feel of what the customer needs are, a test drive of a car or two, and then the road to the sale.
Toward the end of the day is a recap on the days business, last minute phone calls to clients who have already purchased cars, and referral calls.
The hardest part of the job which I've learned is the compensation has been geared toward management and owners and not the front line sales that create the revenue. It's tough to justify selling a $122,000 car, spend hours, days, even weeks working on the sale to get a check for $250 minus taxes and insurance.
We have a great group of employees that work well together so it makes the day pass a little bit easier. We work on keeping each other upbeat and positive during our downtime and inventory walks.
Pros
Good group of salespeople
Cons
Compensation not adequate for work performed
relaxed atmosphere
Product Specialist Sales Guide (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 1, 2015
This position required a lot of standing outside, waiting for "ups". Meet and greet customers, provide information and demonstration drives. Gathering trade information, negotiating and securing the sale.
This was a difficult environment for a new sales guide as there are other sales personnel with 20-30 years tenure. This being low volume store, many customers remain loyal to their chosen sales person thus making it hard for new hires to secure their own customers. The sales floor was crowded as well.
Being a commission only situation, it was not easy to make an appropriate wage when you are paid a percentage of the front end gross and new cars were almost always sold at invoice so a "flat" was paid per car.
Pros
a nice lunch provided on Saturdays, likable staff and co-workers
Cons
long hours and lack of compensation, lack of management assistance at start of new job
A solid company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 20, 2016
The company always was putting an effort to continually improve and move forward in the market place. Always extending their facility for community yearly events.Instilling in you to be proud to work for Mercedes Benz and Mercedes Benz of Pleasanton. I enjoyed the work environment, the product and the people. The most demanding part of the job is to exceed management expectations with their incomplete understanding of the frustration sales people go through to sell a vehicle.Exceeding customer expectations was demanding and a very sensitive issue.
Pros
Opportunity to earn an income.
Cons
Not everyone treated fairly.
Great people to work with!
Internet Manager and Lease Manager (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMarch 1, 2016
I really enjoyed the management and the people that I worked with. We all worked together and had support from ever angle. I would come into work make my calls send out my emails. Contact leads or work on leads with the manager, set up appointments. When I had a customer coming in I would have the vehicle ready and sometimes the paperwork so the customer wasn't waiting to long. I always tried to meet the needs of the clients needs, which probably was the hardest part. But at the end of the day everything always worked out.
Pros
My hour breaks
Cons
the commute
Great place to get your feet wet, and possibly pursue a career.
Appointment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 23, 2016
Mercedes Benz of Pittsburgh is a great place to work. The opportunities are fantastic. If your young you won't see a job that compensates you like this place. The employees are generous, down to earth, and caring. Management isn't perfect, but that comes with growing pains of a business. Overall I'd recommend working there.
Productive work place
Assembler for a Temp Service (Former Employee) –  Vance, ALJanuary 6, 2016
Enjoyed the time that I worked there as a Temp. But I was ready to become a full-time member which takes a long time. By me being older, it was time to look for a fulfilling career. Typical day at work would be to go to the team center to have our meeting with the Supervisor to discuss productivity from the previous day before. Go check the rotation schedule so that we can relieve that person and be productive.
Pros
Good place to work, enjoyed the atmosphere with the people I worked with.
Cons
Healthcare not too good as far as being a temp, long time to get hired on as a full time member
Busy, fast paced and productive dealer.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 15, 2016
A typical day at Mercedes is busy making sure that customers needs are meet. Even in the accounting department when processing customers invoices the customer would ask us to explain what they are being charge for and with the best of our knowledge we explain or we would ask for a service adviser. I also learn to reconcile,research invoice, problem solve and do bank deposit in a timely fashion while taking care of customers. The co-workers were like a second family and management was fair and would go above and beyond to satisfy the customers as well as employees needs. My enjoyable part of the job is building relationship with the customers that they remember your name and how you help service their needs.
Its an Autonation Company.
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJanuary 19, 2016
Work days are long. Learning to deal with clients of all walks of life is is fun and rewarding to find out their needs Co-Workers are the best part of the job.The hardest part of the job is getting the right parts in for maintenance of vehicles. Management is never around and does not give guidance. Most enjoyable part of the job is having happy clients, seeing them return to you is great.
Pros
Comfortable place for clients
Cons
Management not around
Great place to work, but as a consultant I got no benefits
Project Manager/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJApril 1, 2016
Co-workers were pleasant to work with, managers were supportive and trusting, each day in the office was busy and each day on the field was different, lots of travel, work-life balance was a challenge.
Pros
flex time for working weekends/holidays
Over 50 years of service to the community
Sales, lease, finance (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 17, 2015
One of the best organizations to work for as it relates to the automotive sales experience. Over 50 Years of service to the community and the companies reputation exceeds my expectations for customer satisfaction and employee relations.

Work Life balance is important for many reasons. McGeorge Mercedes Benz or as it is currently know, Mercedes Benz of Richmond does a spectacular job in ensuring a healthy work life balance. As a result employee tenure exceeds the industry standards in sales and service.

The most enjoyable part of the job beside the product, is working along side professional yet personable colleagues who respect their position, the establishment, and the customer.
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
Most leave at retirement therefore a position opening up is far a few between
Mercedes of Walnut Creek is a Sonic Automotive Store
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 3, 2016
They flood the floor, & don't event realize that the decisions they are making will eventually hurt the dealer, the brand, & the customer experience, in general you have to have at least 3-5 years experience just to be considered at a high-line store. Currently this store is flooded with inexperienced sales people barely out of high school, trying to help Clients that are way out of their league. Clients with an average income of around $180K+ a year..... it requires a different level of customer service. Wouldn't recommend a job here if you have any talent.
Pros
none (infortunately)
Cons
see above review
daily duties
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 14, 2016
Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards
Mercedes-Benz of Henderson
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 1, 2015
Overall everything about this job I liked. I enjoyed my employees, the beautiful building and the customers. I did not enjoy the management; especially my direct supervisor. Everyone below a management position was treated incompetent and with disrespect.
Pros
My co workers, Benefits
Cons
Poor Managment, Low pay, Slow Enviorment
Fast paced work environment
Supervisor Resource Management & Capacity Planning (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJAugust 6, 2015
I can only speak for my time at MBUSA in the Montvale, NJ location. They have since moved. During my years at this location it was always a face paced work environment and while Daimler is a very large organization MBUSA is much smaller and your teams work or your individual work efforts could have a very visible impact on the overall business. I always found this very rewarding. MBUSA always offered a very generous benefits package and strives to only bring on board top talent.
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
This was a friendly environment to work in.
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 4, 2016
A typical day at work would be come in, everyone say hello, come by my office ask politely if they needed something. Helped me find things and people when needed. manager would come by and check on me daily to see how things were going. My co workers were the salesmen at the dealership. They would come by and talk to me daily. There was no hard part to this job. The most enjoyable part is that it would be really quiet the last hour of the shift.
Pros
They provided catered Thanksgiving Dinner
Cons
There was not anything I did not like about the job.
Bad pay but Great People!
Executive Sales - Floor Mgr (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXApril 11, 2016
It's simple.
I loved working here until they lowered our pay.
Everything was perfect until the owners and top people got greedy.
It's really sad. 7 of the top sales people have left, and I'm next out.
The pay went from an easy $150-$200k for better sales people, to like $50k working your behind off.

Beautiful facility. Beautiful people. Just no money in it.

I understand it. If you're the owners and upper management, and you can keep more of the money for yourself, why not?
That's simply how it is at a lot of places now. The rich are getting richer, and the ones who are making them that way, are often simply left behind.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercedes-Benz. Our community is ready to answer.