Mercer Transportation Employee Reviews

Wonderful people, great dispatcher 30 years experience
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  UsaNovember 12, 2017
The minute i arrived in orientation i felt at home. The environment was that of perfection. On the road it never stopped. My dispatcher is nothing short of a trained professional. The system is simply easy to use and efficient unlike landstar. I am still wowed and love my job. If you enjoy otr truck driving, get in your truck and join a group of pros.
Pros
Great family like company
Cons
Not any to speak of
competitve
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2017
Great company great benefits. No room for advancement within agencies. Most people in the agencies have been there 10+years and are content. Can be very political.
Pros
great healthcare
Cons
no dental no vision
New Management
Dispatcher/office Manager (Former Employee) –  Miramar Beach, FLOctober 3, 2017
Used to be a great company. Now they do not motivate their agents to get more freight. They still have their agents in territories. Most agents do not hustle freight, so that in turn screws the drivers. Drivers have to get on a truck board when they get empty and could have to wait up to 5 days for a load to get them. The trucks used to get treated like family, now they are just numbers.
Starter company
Van Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 6, 2017
This is a great place for someone to begin the transportation industry. For an advanced dispatcher you may find that the compensation may not be equal to the tasks.
Pros
Casual dress
Cons
No comment
Ok if equipment paid for
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 4, 2017
The revenue not there for truck company for thoses semi retired equipment paid off and when book freight have wait older guys get there freight first . If got truck and house payments can't make there freight rates too cheap.
Maintenace
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 1, 2017
Mercer Transportation is about transportation load dispersement. Being in the maintenance department, i had very little to do with the main focus of the company.
Great company
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 21, 2017
Mercer is a great company to work for. I feel like they really care about their drivers and other employees. They do their best to get you home anytime you need to be there.
Pros
Lunches provided while you are at the terminal, open door policy in all departments
excellent company
Truck Board Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 11, 2017
i really liked working here, the job was very challenging, earned all kinds of awards and it was just a good environment, yet challenging in every respect. would go back if i had the chance.
No concern for employees
Claims investigator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 28, 2017
Promises are made but never kept. Management speaks of promotion yet never follow through. Annual raises are not sufficient. I would not recommend this employer to anyone.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
The atmosphere
Large Transportation Company
Traffic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 25, 2017
8-5 job, Monday through Friday. The management has been in place for decades. Good for long term relationships with customers, but adverse to changes.
Horrible place to work don't do it
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 5, 2017
The drivers are treated like royalty and employees are treated like they are replaceable. The pay is horrible for everything they expect you to do. The management only looks out for the friends and will throw you under the bus to save someone else. Everything is like a high school no room to move up in the company and also the company lies to its customers. They expect you to work overtime when needed but they don't want to pay you for it.
It's alright
Freight Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 4, 2017
Busy busy and they expect a lot but will always have your back. Generally you have to bust your butt multiple time before you get recognition. I enjoyed most of my time there. Be ready to gain weight for all the time you're sitting down.
Pros
good pay
Cons
can be clicky, felt like highschool sometimes..
Depends how much you want to work.100,000-220,000
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 5, 2017
Yes, it is productive workplace with nice and kind people and you can have everything you need when you are in Mercer yard.They will help you with everything you need on the road. You can have the freedom what you desire .They have pretty good dispatchers.
Pros
Yes you may have a free lunch
great place to work
Owner Operator/Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 22, 2017
you can tell that they care about you an an employee. Health and medical benefits are ok. Great vacation time and home time. i would recommend to anyone
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
long haul
Great company to work for
Owner-Operator Truck Driver-Flatbed (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 11, 2017
This company taught me the true meaning of being a owner/operator.
The only reason I resigned was to spend more time with my family. Management was a delight to work for, they treated me with respect, which goes a long way in trucking.
Pros
Good company to work for.
Cons
Wanted more home time with family.
Good job
Logistics Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 9, 2017
Good job for me as single mother with time constraint. I enjoyed being able to talk with the truckers and being able to help them move the required freight.
Low compensation for High stress job
Contractor Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 7, 2017
Employees at Mercer are not compensated according to the amount of work that we put in and the amount of stress that we deal with each day. We provide millions of dollars of revenue to the company and are paid less than 1% of what we contribute. Opportunities for advancement are rare.
Pros
Hours are reliable.
Cons
Low pay, high stress, little chance for advancement
People at company were good to work with
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 26, 2017
Most years that I worked at Mercer, it was very family oriented. It started to slowly be more about what money they can make at not about the family or the contractor. Management changed and the company changed. Overall, they were a great company to work for and I enjoyed working there.
Pros
The staff are good people
Cons
ompany started changing
professional environmment and a great place to contract
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40203April 25, 2017
The average day was loading and unloading after a safe trip. learned the values of keeping up my equipment and upholding the Mercer name and traditions. The culture was positive and ambitious. the management was truly concerned for your success.
Life in Transportation Industry
Safety & Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 14, 2017
Employment provided a vast range of people. The positions could be bogged down with minute details, but the people made it worthwile. Whether dealing with the staff or the owner operators/drivers that signed on with the company, was never a dull moment.
Pros
People, enjoyment
Cons
some of benefits were short

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercer Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.