Mercer University

Mercer University Employee Reviews

Great workplace for students
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), University Center; Macon, GAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Flexible Hours
Cons: Limited hours
A job with flexible hours that can be a great source of income for full-time students. Main tasks are checking in and greeting patrons. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with frustrated or angry customers, but is a very rare occurrence.
Awesome Learning Environment for Students and Interns Alike
Master's Level Internship in Community Networking (Former Employee), Lithia Springs, GAMay 9, 2015
Pros: Friendly and accommodating staff and work environment
Cons: No identifiable cons in relation to my experience
1) Distinguished, appraised, and integrated multiple sources of knowledge, including research based knowledge and practice wisdom
2) Analyzed models of assessment, prevention, intervention, and evaluation
3) Actively engaged in empirical research with field instructor, to include research, publications, and peer-reviewed presentations
4) Demonstrated effective oral and written communication in working with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities
5) Evaluated the processes and outcomes of the evidence-supported models of social work practice with adults and their families

Because this was an internship designed to cater to my own professional development and to aid in the advancement of research, difficulties of the job varied but was completely related to the expectations of the work's outcomes. The staff at Mercer University, Lithia Springs was friendly and accommodating.
Poor leadership.
Computer Scientist (Former Employee), warner robins, GAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours.
Cons: No leadership at high levels.
Mercer Engineering Research Center used to have good atmosphere, but declined over the years. Executives more interested in self-interests than customer satisfaction. Many engineers and scientists are leaving.
Great Place
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Macon, GAApril 6, 2015
Mercer University is a great place. It is a wonderful school and a great place to work. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Georgia and would recommend the school to everyone.
Rewarding and enjoyable work environment
ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY (Current Employee), Macon, GAMarch 27, 2015
Enjoy working with young people who are transitioning into adulthood. I get to see all the intelligent and caring young people who come to Mercer.
Great learning experience
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Savannah, GAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: work/life balance is valued, 100% tuition assistance for certain graduate degrees after 3 years of f/t employment, opportunities to travel with mission groups/trips
Cons: low pay
This is an great position for entry-level prospective employees who are interested in working in the non-profit education industry.
Amazing Work Environment
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: very flexible
Cons: no benefits
Represented university at college fairs and local gatherings (networking), assisted existing and prospective students with registration, picking classes, graduation
Mental health receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2015
Productive place to work and learn
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 28, 2014
At Mercer I learned following techniques:
➢ Formulation development
➢ In vitro and in vivo methods
➢ Characterization
➢ Physicochemical characterization
➢ Stability analysis
➢ Biological characterization
➢ HPLC, DSC, FTIR, TGA, SEM
➢ Oral drug delivery
➢ Zeta potential and particle size
➢ Parenteral drug delivery
➢ Karl Fischer titration method
➢ Transdermal drug delivery
➢ Solid and liquid dosage forms
➢ Design of experiments (DOE)
➢ Lyophilized formulations
➢ JMP and Statistical analysis
➢ Compound Immunogenicity ➢ Graph Pad Pris
Excellent
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great faculty
One of the best years of my graduate student career.
Excellent Faculty, very knowledgeable.
Projects are exciting, students get a lot of exposure to the various emerging trends within the field.
Job Details
Student Admissions Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 2, 2014
• Data entry in Campus Vue. This includes entering the new students’ intake, enrollment documents, tracking the application documents, etc.
•Enter applications, new inquiries, information registration inquiries, test inquiries, generate acceptance letters, etc.
• Offer high quality customer service to current and potential students of the institute in person and over the phone.
• Lead campus tours for potential students
•Set up information sessions for prospective students to shed light on programs of interest.
•Includes event brite inquiry setup
• Keep records of all applicants and their missing documents and completed files.
Mercer University
Social Media Representative (Former Employee), Macon, GAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: good education
Cons: expensive
Mercer was a wonderful college experience.
Typical day at work was repetititve
I learned administrative skills such as filing, organizing, etc.
The managers were very nice.
The hardest part of my job was juggling the job and classes.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the people.
My experience at Mercer University
Admissions Student Assistant (Current Employee), Regional Academic Center-Macon GeorgiaMarch 1, 2014
Pros: i get to work in an academic enviroment.
A usual day begins with a heavy call volume on a multiple line network. Creating or recieving an agenda to be completed throughout the day. Operating most activities on the computer as well as operating office equipment. For example fax, copier, and scanning machines. Customer service is a crucial aspect of my role, i'm required to assist students, associate professors, and guest in regards to our department matters.

I perform task of data entry, i'm the first point of contact for potential applicatns to inquire of our education program. I intake basic information and forward Mercer University application materials to initiate the process.

I assist my supervisor that is an Admissions Counselor in the Regional Academic Center for the working adults. My supervisor requires that I have a flexible schedule and to be able to handle time crunches, conflicts, time management, and to be able to work independently.

The word program that I mostly create my expected task in, is with Excel and word. I have to create spreadsheets that are used for various reasons in the Regional Academic Admissions office. I
Record it all!
RECORDING TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Macon, GAJanuary 2, 2014
I did not have to work too hard at this position. I knew how to operate the equipment, and working with people comes easily to me.
interesting job
Standardized Patient (Current Employee), Savannah, GADecember 28, 2013
Pros: fun, free food sometimes, nice people, easy, and low stress environment
Cons: i only get to do it once a month at most
I act out dr/patient scenerios as a test subject for med students.
hardest part is remembering my character details and not laughing.
My manager is awesome, i dont really know my coworkers that well. I read a lot on my down time so I rarely get a moment to socialize.
its fun and I would do it every day if the work was available.
fun and definately a great atmosphere friendly co workers
Chef (Former Employee), Macon, GAOctober 31, 2013
Pros: meeting new friends
Loved working here, am available for rehire after suffering a stroke i was unable to return here for 2 years but recently found out they would rehire me but didnt find out till all positions was filled
Excellent management and effective graduate program
Assistant Professor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2013
Pros: excellent management; good classes.
Cons: remuneration could have been better.
Mercer is a well run organization with excellent management.
I enjoyed working with the graduate students. My students and I both learned in the process.
Bursar's Office Review
Student Support Specialist (Former Employee), Macon, GAAugust 6, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of getting there around 8:00 and starting coffee for the office. We didn't open until 8:30 so we liked to use that time to check emails, voicemails, etc.

I learned a lot working at Mercer University.

The hardest part of my job there was no opportunity to advance. I gave Mercer eight years of my life, but never was offered advancement in the department I was in.

The most important part of the job was the customer interaction. Being there so long allowed me to build relationships with people and keep those relationships throughout their college career.
Athletics is tough...
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee), Macon, GAAugust 5, 2013
Mercer University is a great southern small school that is quickly advancing. Beware of small division one schools though. Great place to get a good start but you will learn a lot fast. Keep your friends close but your enemies and people you are skeptical of EVEN CLOSER. Worth a few years of my time but I do not miss it in the slightest. Oh how I learned so much from you MU!
Ideal work environment
❸ Provide administrative support (Former Employee), Macon, GAJuly 2, 2013
Pros: challenging
Working for Mercer University was life changing. I learned the importance of deadlines, the value of communication, and the necessity for courteous behavior. I was humbled by my work, and always appreciated its challenges.

Mercer University Salaries