Mercer University

Mercer University Employer Reviews

Record it all!
RECORDING TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Macon, GAJanuary 2, 2014
I did not have to work too hard at this position. I knew how to operate the equipment, and working with people comes easily to me.
interesting job
Standardized Patient (Current Employee), Savannah, GADecember 28, 2013
Pros: fun, free food sometimes, nice people, easy, and low stress environment
Cons: i only get to do it once a month at most
I act out dr/patient scenerios as a test subject for med students.
hardest part is remembering my character details and not laughing.
My manager is awesome, i dont really know my coworkers that well. I read a lot on my down time so I rarely get a moment to socialize.
its fun and I would do it every day if the work was available.
fun and definately a great atmosphere friendly co workers
Chef (Former Employee), Macon, GAOctober 31, 2013
Pros: meeting new friends
Loved working here, am available for rehire after suffering a stroke i was unable to return here for 2 years but recently found out they would rehire me but didnt find out till all positions was filled
Excellent management and effective graduate program
Assistant Professor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2013
Pros: excellent management; good classes.
Cons: remuneration could have been better.
Mercer is a well run organization with excellent management.
I enjoyed working with the graduate students. My students and I both learned in the process.
Bursar's Office Review
Student Support Specialist (Former Employee), Macon, GAAugust 6, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of getting there around 8:00 and starting coffee for the office. We didn't open until 8:30 so we liked to use that time to check emails, voicemails, etc.

I learned a lot working at Mercer University.

The hardest part of my job there was no opportunity to advance. I gave Mercer eight years of my life, but never was offered – more... advancement in the department I was in.

The most important part of the job was the customer interaction. Being there so long allowed me to build relationships with people and keep those relationships throughout their college career. – less
Athletics is tough...
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee), Macon, GAAugust 5, 2013
Mercer University is a great southern small school that is quickly advancing. Beware of small division one schools though. Great place to get a good start but you will learn a lot fast. Keep your friends close but your enemies and people you are skeptical of EVEN CLOSER. Worth a few years of my time but I do not miss it in the slightest. Oh how I learned – more... so much from you MU! – less
Ideal work environment
❸ Provide administrative support (Former Employee), Macon, GAJuly 2, 2013
Pros: challenging
Working for Mercer University was life changing. I learned the importance of deadlines, the value of communication, and the necessity for courteous behavior. I was humbled by my work, and always appreciated its challenges.
Great teaching environment
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 13, 2013
Pros: supportive administrative staff
Cons: limited adjunct work
Very supportive staff and great student body! Will have to teach for 3 hours plus once or twice week depending on the semester type. Low stress environment.
average position
Assistant Professor of Legal Writing and Analysis (Former Employee), Macon, GAMay 22, 2013
Pros: decent money and reasonable class size
Cons: non-supportive, elitist colleagues
The job offers significant autonomy, small class sizes, and a reasonably pleasant atmosphere. But remember this job is not on par with non-skill based tenure -track position in money, respect, or value by the institution.
Fun workplace focused on changing lives of adults with education needs.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Macon, GAMay 18, 2013
Pros: great team
Great being able to help adults complete their educational endeavors.
I currently attend Mercer University and is very satisfied with my education experience.
Currently a Full-time Student (Current Employee), Douglasville, GeorgiaMay 14, 2013
Cons: i will have my degree
My course work of study has been very rewarding and helpful for the next phase of my life.
Quiet workplace.
Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Macon, GAMay 4, 2013
My boss was very nice she never gave me too many tasks to do. All of my tasks were pretty basic like: typing, filing, mailing off letters, and organizing.
Mercer staff review
director (Current Employee), Macon, GAApril 19, 2013
Pros: free gym membership, housing assistance
Cons: staff/faculty policy imbalances.
Mercer has a strong Baptist heritage, but is more liberal - blessedly - and has thus broken with the Georiga Baptist Convention. While it tries to reward its staff employees, it previously struggled with finances during a years long period and has yet to be able to make up the salary deficits to the loyal employees who stayed and sacrificed. There is – more... also a significant and unfair difference between family leave policies for staff and faculty. The University tries to live by its ideals in its education of students and other outward facing activities, but its employment policies are sadly retrograde and unChristian. New faculty employees are well treated, and with the exception of family leave, so are new staff. – less
nice atmosphere...no room for advancement
police (former) (Former Employee), macon gaApril 18, 2013
Pros: easy pace
Cons: low pay...no room for advancement ... etc
As far as the campus..it is a beautiful place.

The work environment is not terrible.

For the police department specifically.. its a good job once retired from elsewhere. Younger officers may have to wait up to ten years for even a basic promotion. Pay raises are virtually non exisitant regardless of performance. The one good thing is the tuition waiver – more... but you best be planning ahead as it does not kick in fully until you have been here 4 years.

Not bad as a temp job or retirement job... but as a career option it is sorely lacking. – less
Large size company
Assistant Director of Administrative Services (Current Employee), Macon, GAApril 8, 2013
Educational format. Work around doctor's educational requirements. Growing company.
All Hail Mercer University
Supplemental Instructor - Calculus I (Former Employee), Macon, GAMarch 12, 2013
I enjoyed giving back to the students as much as they enjoyed learning the information needed for life.
Great place to work. Friendly and helpful staff.
Student Accounts Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2013
Great people to work with. A team effort, with all employees working together.
Research Intensive
Volunteer Builder of Prosthetics (Current Employee), Macon, GAJanuary 7, 2013
Students on rigorous academic schedules with close professor-student learning. All students participate in research with many participating all four years
Clinical Research Manager (Current Employee), Macon, GAAugust 7, 2012
Pros: open-door polic
Cons: busy at all times
A typical day is seeing patients in a high energy office. I've learned the importance of communication and organization. My co-workers are hard working and dependable. The hardest part of my job is keeping up with all the finances for each clinical research study. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the patients get more healthy.
An Amazing Place to work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2012
I have so much enjoyed working at Mercer University. I can, with a great deal of confidence, say it is easily the best work environment and job I have ever had. The staff is wonderful and helpful, colleagues are encouraging, and students are eager and respectful. I would recommend this university to anyone.