Mercer University Employee Reviews

Laboratory Coordinator
Laboratory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 15, 2017
Responsible for preparing teaching labs for Earth and Environmental Science and Biology departments. Founded Bear Bikes, a campus wide bike sharing program.
I am a PhD student from Mercer University
PhD student (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 4, 2016
It is a great place to pursue PhD in pharmaceutics. Whole course is designed in such a way that research and course work can be done with out halting the research. It is a nice place to work.
fun place
Instruction of Family Medicine/Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 4, 2016
not enough patients
too difficult to bill for patients when expected to teach 75% of the time
co-workers not very reliable
hardest part was trying to increase RVUs
Fantastic Work Enviroment + Co-Workers
Client Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 25, 2016
The only reason i would not stay at this institution for employment would be the pay. Not really competitive with the surrounding market.

This is a great job for people entering a field.
Pros
Laid back enviroment.
Cons
Pay could be more
Had two productive years and learned a lot
Women's Tennis Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 16, 2016
Coached the womens tennis team.
Managed our yearly operating budget.
Organised team travel. fundraisers, and any sort of team activity.
Helped with recruiting international players.
A work day at Mercer University
Clerkship Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 16, 2016
Overall, a work day at Mercer University was fulfilling and productive. Enjoyed the freedom to accomplish my daily tasks without being micromanaged. Was allowed to redesign and improve our 3rd year clerkship rotation manual. Attempted to collaborate with other clerkship coordinators on a collaboration project to enhance all clerkships. This was an great opportunity to mature, learn new ideas, to shadow other greater leaders and to serve the students, faculty and others across our University. Great experience I would not trade.
Pros
Enjoyed interacting with the supervisors, medical students, fellow staff, and faculty.
Very diverse culture
Financial Planning Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2016
Fun and amazing place to work. excellent team leaders and amazing friendly coworkers. Management appreciate works done properly and appropriately
Pros
Friendly place and all work as a team
Summary
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 9, 2016
University was beautiful! The area not so much, as a young adult living in Macon, GA was not highly enjoyable. Everything else was great.
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 1, 2016
I enjoyed working there because I was able to work with people who are like minded.The people that I was working with were very helpful. Even going to the gym, I will talk to other employees like we have known each other for a while. I felt relaxed working there.
Pros
great benefits, opportunity to grow, state of art gym
Great Career Starter
Circulation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2016
Friendly environment, understanding and helpful staff members, great benefits as well! I believe this is a great career starting company as it gives you the necessary space and tools to develop.

Want to know more about Mercer University?

Ask a question
Graduate Teaching Assistant COUN 610- Internship (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 1, 2016
Great place to work. I only worked there briefly but the experience was very positive. The faculty and staff are very family friendly.
Productive and fun workplace
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 3, 2015
This job was very helpful and assist students with busy work schedules. Students were able to assist students will daily request as well as have the ability to meet deans and counselors on campus.
Pros
Schedule, ability to meet new people, and a great networking opportunity
Cliquish culture
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 22, 2015
An average place to work with nothing special to stand out, a high degree of academic politics to navigate. There is great interest in promotion of those who can bring in outside money and contracts far more than those who are good teachers. Good teachers often go unrecognized.
Pros
free parking
Autonomy
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 20, 2015
It is wonderful to teach where excellence is expected, yet there is great autonomy in method. Excellent work environment for an adjunct.
Great Atmosphere
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 23, 2015
Great school culture and atmosphere. Complete pleasure to be involved with. Great management, very willing to work with you and seems to value its faculty, staff and students at all levels.
Satisfactory
English Language Institute Instructor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2015
The field placement office appeared to be too fractured to provide quality and concrete directions and support to students.
Enjoyable place to work, compensation not the highest available
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 29, 2015
Mercer University is an enjoyable place to work. You will work for a reputable institution with highly educated, professional individuals. However, the compensation package is not very high for those who do not hold a Bachelors Degree or higher. Medical insurance and retirement package are not the most desirable, but not terrible.
Pros
VP of HR is great to work for, highly professional
Cons
Health Insurance was not the best available, Compensation package is mediocre
Beautiful Campus with great team to work with : 5 - Stars
Adjunct Professor of Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2015
Discharge my responsibilities (teach mathematics) professionally to my students. I learn everyday from both students and faculty/staff how to: care for one another and work together to achieve common goals of the institution. I enjoy the academic freedom in the classroom in discussing my related subjects and mutual respects from my students. The classrooms are well equipped with latest technology for use. Superb communication system. Great institution with well trained professionals and faculty/staff.
Pros
Free Lunch and snacks with drinks occasionally.
It's a flexible workplace
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 9, 2015
My day starts at 9 am and ends at 5 pm. I cherished everyday that I was at work knowing that I will a difference in the patients' life. My co-workers are fun to work with and are always looking out for each other. They always find a way to uplift each other. The hardest part of the job was/is knowing that my contract ended and I had to stop my job. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I know that I am coming to work to make a difference in someone's life.
Pros
flexiblity
Cons
nothing really
Great workplace for students
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  University Center; Macon, GAMay 27, 2015
A job with flexible hours that can be a great source of income for full-time students. Main tasks are checking in and greeting patrons. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with frustrated or angry customers, but is a very rare occurrence.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Limited hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercer University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2