Mercer University Employee Reviews in United States

Great Career Starter
Circulation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2016
Friendly environment, understanding and helpful staff members, great benefits as well! I believe this is a great career starting company as it gives you the necessary space and tools to develop.
Graduate Teaching Assistant COUN 610- Internship (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 1, 2016
Great place to work. I only worked there briefly but the experience was very positive. The faculty and staff are very family friendly.
Productive and fun workplace
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 3, 2015
This job was very helpful and assist students with busy work schedules. Students were able to assist students will daily request as well as have the ability to meet deans and counselors on campus.
Pros
Schedule, ability to meet new people, and a great networking opportunity
Cliquish culture
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 22, 2015
An average place to work with nothing special to stand out, a high degree of academic politics to navigate. There is great interest in promotion of those who can bring in outside money and contracts far more than those who are good teachers. Good teachers often go unrecognized.
Pros
free parking
Autonomy
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 20, 2015
It is wonderful to teach where excellence is expected, yet there is great autonomy in method. Excellent work environment for an adjunct.
Great Atmosphere
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 23, 2015
Great school culture and atmosphere. Complete pleasure to be involved with. Great management, very willing to work with you and seems to value its faculty, staff and students at all levels.
Satisfactory
English Language Institute Instructor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2015
The field placement office appeared to be too fractured to provide quality and concrete directions and support to students.
Enjoyable place to work, compensation not the highest available
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 29, 2015
Mercer University is an enjoyable place to work. You will work for a reputable institution with highly educated, professional individuals. However, the compensation package is not very high for those who do not hold a Bachelors Degree or higher. Medical insurance and retirement package are not the most desirable, but not terrible.
Pros
VP of HR is great to work for, highly professional
Cons
Health Insurance was not the best available, Compensation package is mediocre
Beautiful Campus with great team to work with : 5 - Stars
Adjunct Professor of Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2015
Discharge my responsibilities (teach mathematics) professionally to my students. I learn everyday from both students and faculty/staff how to: care for one another and work together to achieve common goals of the institution. I enjoy the academic freedom in the classroom in discussing my related subjects and mutual respects from my students. The classrooms are well equipped with latest technology for use. Superb communication system. Great institution with well trained professionals and faculty/staff.
Pros
Free Lunch and snacks with drinks occasionally.
It's a flexible workplace
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 9, 2015
My day starts at 9 am and ends at 5 pm. I cherished everyday that I was at work knowing that I will a difference in the patients' life. My co-workers are fun to work with and are always looking out for each other. They always find a way to uplift each other. The hardest part of the job was/is knowing that my contract ended and I had to stop my job. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I know that I am coming to work to make a difference in someone's life.
Pros
flexiblity
Cons
nothing really
Great workplace for students
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  University Center; Macon, GAMay 27, 2015
A job with flexible hours that can be a great source of income for full-time students. Main tasks are checking in and greeting patrons. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with frustrated or angry customers, but is a very rare occurrence.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Limited hours
Awesome Learning Environment for Students and Interns Alike
Master's Level Internship in Community Networking (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAMay 9, 2015
1) Distinguished, appraised, and integrated multiple sources of knowledge, including research based knowledge and practice wisdom
2) Analyzed models of assessment, prevention, intervention, and evaluation
3) Actively engaged in empirical research with field instructor, to include research, publications, and peer-reviewed presentations
4) Demonstrated effective oral and written communication in working with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities
5) Evaluated the processes and outcomes of the evidence-supported models of social work practice with adults and their families

Because this was an internship designed to cater to my own professional development and to aid in the advancement of research, difficulties of the job varied but was completely related to the expectations of the work's outcomes. The staff at Mercer University, Lithia Springs was friendly and accommodating.
Pros
Friendly and accommodating staff and work environment
Cons
No identifiable cons in relation to my experience
Poor leadership.
Computer Scientist (Former Employee) –  warner robins, GAMay 4, 2015
Mercer Engineering Research Center used to have good atmosphere, but declined over the years. Executives more interested in self-interests than customer satisfaction. Many engineers and scientists are leaving.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
No leadership at high levels.
Great Place
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 6, 2015
Mercer University is a great place. It is a wonderful school and a great place to work. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Georgia and would recommend the school to everyone.
Rewarding and enjoyable work environment
ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 27, 2015
Enjoy working with young people who are transitioning into adulthood. I get to see all the intelligent and caring young people who come to Mercer.
Great learning experience
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 27, 2015
This is an great position for entry-level prospective employees who are interested in working in the non-profit education industry.
Pros
work/life balance is valued, 100% tuition assistance for certain graduate degrees after 3 years of f/t employment, opportunities to travel with mission groups/trips
Cons
low pay
Amazing Work Environment
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAFebruary 6, 2015
Represented university at college fairs and local gatherings (networking), assisted existing and prospective students with registration, picking classes, graduation
Pros
very flexible
Cons
no benefits
Productive place to work and learn
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 28, 2014
At Mercer I learned following techniques:
➢ Formulation development
➢ In vitro and in vivo methods
➢ Characterization
➢ Physicochemical characterization
➢ Stability analysis
➢ Biological characterization
➢ HPLC, DSC, FTIR, TGA, SEM
➢ Oral drug delivery
➢ Zeta potential and particle size
➢ Parenteral drug delivery
➢ Karl Fischer titration method
➢ Transdermal drug delivery
➢ Solid and liquid dosage forms
➢ Design of experiments (DOE)
➢ Lyophilized formulations
➢ JMP and Statistical analysis
➢ Compound Immunogenicity ➢ Graph Pad Pris
Excellent
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2014
One of the best years of my graduate student career.
Excellent Faculty, very knowledgeable.
Projects are exciting, students get a lot of exposure to the various emerging trends within the field.
Pros
great faculty
Job Details
Student Admissions Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 2, 2014
• Data entry in Campus Vue. This includes entering the new students’ intake, enrollment documents, tracking the application documents, etc.
•Enter applications, new inquiries, information registration inquiries, test inquiries, generate acceptance letters, etc.
• Offer high quality customer service to current and potential students of the institute in person and over the phone.
• Lead campus tours for potential students
•Set up information sessions for prospective students to shed light on programs of interest.
•Includes event brite inquiry setup
• Keep records of all applicants and their missing documents and completed files.

4.2