Mercer University Employee Reviews

Fun Environment filled with hope
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 29, 2018
I had a chance to work football games where I would assist visitors and students in right direction on the field. Some areas were restricted to specific people such as media and coaches. I had to make sure these areas were safe for the field teams.
Great Experience
Vice President of Student ASCP chapter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2018
I worked along with the executive committee of the Mercer ASCP chapter to procure speakers for the meetings and cultivate new contacts to broaden our understanding of long term care pharmacy.
Great leadership
Photography Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2018
I only worked there part time, but the staff is incredible. Everyone is always willing to go above and beyond. You are surrounded by motivated professionals that will push you to get your full potential.
Pros
cream of the crop work here!
Cons
you will be pushed, but only for the greater good!
Mercer University is a great place to get an education.
Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2018
Overall, I have to say that working at Mercer University has been a very fulfilling process. I highly recommend Mercer University to anyone seeking a job in higher education.
Pros
great learning environment
Interesting
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 2, 2018
There are a lot of expectations, but compensation is lacking for lower level employees (e.g. part-time, assistants, graduate assistants, etc). I learned a lot of what I would not do as a manager. The hours and expectations were unruly at times. The graduate assistant package was pretty solid, and the experience was invaluable.
Pros
Experience, education, relationships
Cons
Fun workplace with friendly people
Volleyball Official (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 2, 2018
The environment of being a volleyball official was cutthroat. You got cut at the end of the season if you were not performing up to par. This method helped keep the job competitive throughout its duration.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short hours
Good place to work as a college student
Univ. Center Worker (Current Employee) –  Macon, GADecember 20, 2017
Good place to work as a college student. You can study while you work. Managers are nice and understanding of situations that might arise. The culture is amazing there.
Pros
You can study while you work
Cons
get paid minimum wage
Mercer
Counselor for Student Support Services (Current Employee) –  Macon, GADecember 12, 2017
My experience at Mercer has been great. I enjoy the environment, networking, partnership, and flexibility. Mercer is definitely its own little family.
New Media Development Lab
New Media Development Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macon, GADecember 3, 2017
Working in the New Media Development Lab is a great way to hone ones technical and creative skills. We mostly assist students and faculty with video editing and photoshop projects.
Great job, great place to work.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 29, 2017
Working at the Mercer ARC is a great experience. The people are nice, the job is fun, and the experience overall is a positive one. Working with students is generally rewarding and educational for the SI as well.
Mercer University is a great place to advance.
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GASeptember 30, 2017
Mercer University prepares you to go out into the world and be successful as a Student at Mercer University one is prepped for their future in the world. Mercer is a great company to work for they are willing to support you and help you to achieve your goals because when you succeed then Mercer succeeds.
Fun
Student Information Technology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GASeptember 19, 2017
It was awesome working at Mercer I enjoyed working with the team of people there. While there I made many friends and cultivated many relationships some of which have been maintained to this day.
Grande oportunidade de crescimento
Auxiliar de Laboratório (Former Employee) –  Macon, GeorgiaSeptember 6, 2017
Incrível experiência, oportunidade de usar meus conhecimentos em química num ambiente onde todos falam uma língua estrangeira.
Complete autonomy in the classroom
Assistant Professor/Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2017
This is a great place to work as far as teaching and student interaction. Your colleagues are spread across five campuses so it is not big on collegiality. The pay is once a month and the REFUSE to pay adjunct digitally. They male checks that get lost and delay your ability to get paid. The policy for full-time faculty who teach online to be present seems a bit archaic and limits access to professors who have a strong teaching record.
Pros
Strong support and autonomy with classes.
Cons
No collegiality.
Brain Drain
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2017
Faculty are leaving in droves. The university budget is too closely tied up with semester-to-semester enrollment. If enrollment is down one semester, the money dries up immediately.
Alto nível tecnologico e de aprendizado
Contaminadas- Pesquisadora (Former Employee) –  Macon, GeorgiaJuly 4, 2017
Contato com empresa de alto nível de infraestrutura, ótimo conceito de desenvolvimento econômico
Good Job for college student
Musiic Librarian (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 29, 2017
Flexible hours, work when you can between classes. Relaxing stress free job. great faculty and staff to be working for. Would recommend to any student at mercer.
Great school
President SIFE (students in free enterprise) (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 13, 2017
Wonderful school and great professors. Highly recommend the Macon campus and after work program in Atlanta is great. The professors are willing to work with your scehdule
My review summary of Mercer University /Promise Neighborhood
Neighborhood Advocate (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 28, 2017
This job was very enjoyable because it allows me to be part of an initiative to improve the living conditions of several surrounding poor neighbourhoods.

This community involvement provided me with face to face opportunities to gathers many local resident's viewpoints of what was needed to improve their neighborhoods.

Steps to implement a plan to address these needs were put in a two-year planning process for state approval. It not only involved the community members, it also included the local surrounding churches.
Pros
This project was provided by Mercer University, it's goal was to improve the lives of residents living in the surrounding poor neighborhoods.
Cons
The mistrust of many residents in the inability of the initiative, to bring about the necessary changes.
Office Assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2017
I performed a variety of office duties including Xeroxing, researching, operating a multi-lined phone system, organizing lesson plans, making travel arrangement, maintaining appointment calendar, drafting invoices, spreadsheets and promo fliers /mailers. Assisted in planning events and setting up meeting spaces, It was very important to prioritize what needed to be done in order to keep the dean on schedule. There were deadlines for everything and presentation was very important. I enjoyed the fast pace of the job it kept me busy, and appreciated the learning experience.
Pros
sometimes lunch was free
Cons
limited pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercer University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3