Mercer Employee Reviews

Confusion on every level
Customer Service Representative - Defined Benefits (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MASeptember 19, 2016
Mercer has bad management on all levels. The different departments do not work well with each other, if they even try to at all.

If you are employed in a call center position, your peers in other departments typically think of you as uneducated and many of your colleagues from other locations will prove this. The training changes every few months and again based on who is conducting the training.

Mercer is not in the business of helping it's clients just on keeping them happy long enough to collect money from them.
Demanding and no work life balance
Associate, Client Service Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAAugust 3, 2016
My experience has been bitter sweet. I enjoy the people I work with. I have learned a lot and done 10 different roles combined in my one role. Management style is the blind leading the blind. Not much advancement only who knows who. No work life balance and can be to demanding at times. Can not take a day off with out getting behind. During OE long hours are put in and sometimes weekends. Overworked for the pay.
Pros
Cafe, benefits, ability to work remote
Cons
Mice, no accountability, systems is not great
Mercer Marketplace
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2016
The work operates around an annual cycle so an employee gets a good sense of what needs to be done/is expected after one year. Working here has helped me accumulate a vast amount of knowledge within the healthcare realm. Because you work remotely for clients around the country with teams around the country, it is not rare to never meet your teammates in person. While this job is consulting, you are not often presented the opportunity to meet face to face with the client. Most calls and meetings will be handled via teleconferences. Since this practice is still rather new, the training is not very organized and is not always very helpful. There is also not much guidance when initially starting in this role. Many colleagues and I found this to be a huge issue.
Solid Career Path, but not enjoyable to get there
Client Services Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAJuly 18, 2016
I worked in Defined Benefits Adminstration as an Analyst II and while the career path is linear and clear, the reward for doing well at your job is very minimal. This is largely due to the career and not Mercer, but the management appears to have trouble hiding that they do not always want to be here as well.
Large workplace with abaility to move within departments
Service Delivery Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAJuly 31, 2016
It is difficult to maintain a work/life balance. Work load differs from each week and you work with numerous assigned client. I've met some great people and you're able to meet others from different departments.
Pros
Large cafe with so many options
Cons
Worklife balance and some management
Good opportunities for those who work hard.
Client Service Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAJuly 31, 2016
I enjoy working at Mercer. However, sometimes they cannot get out of their own way in terms of advancing associates who are ready to move up and on to bigger and better things. Recruiting is lacking greatly and the transition process to get a promotion is very slow.
Very Productive and upbeat companyA
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAMay 16, 2016
A typical day at Mercer is very busy. Once you are logged onto the computer system the phones begin to ring.
I've learned to have greater patience due to us having to solve issues with participants and dealing with elderly callers regarding their health benefits.
Management is excellent. Great with helping team members and help solving client escalations.
The hardest part of the Job is not being able to help participants with choosing the right health care plan simply because we are not authorized to help make those decisions. But what I enjoyed the most was the knowledge I gained about health and benefits. It was a lot to grasp but worth every bit.
Pros
great cafeteria, gourmet meals served fresh everyday
Cons
no personal phones out. Myajor violation for security purposes
Kick Start ( Driver )
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 7, 2016
Mercer Staffing I can't and ever forget. They gave me opportunity when I took a chance and left my pervious job ( Micro Dental Labs ) Dublin, Ca. I took a chance and learned and got my driving experience with them. I was able to show them I was responsable and could catch and learn even if I didn't know.
Pros
busy
Cons
Fun work place they recognize a lot of Holidays other companies would not even care about.
Participant Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2016
Good company to work for. Laid back atmosphere, I learned about where to locate the correct information to assure the employee can handle what they need to handle. Co-workers were great they made it like a family environment. Hardest part of the job was telling employees that they could not enroll into benefits due to them call too far outside the guidelines to process
Corporate environment with minimal chance to grow
Total Absence Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MASeptember 14, 2016
Good company but it is very hard to move up unless you know someone or are favored. Not a very flexible place, depending on department. Benefits were decent but I believe they underpay and don't really give raises.
Nice place to work
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MASeptember 15, 2016
Different shifts available. Will train people with no industry experience. Very nice people. Able to grow within the company. Many learning opportunities. Can be trained in more than one line of business depending on the department you are in.
Excellent Company known for staying ahead of competition
Service Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAMay 2, 2016
Typical day is very busy. Some days you will feel stressed out but the benefits and salary are very good. Sometimes a lack of communication from Management regarding your performance level. Overall a great company with potential to to advance internally.
Great place no growth
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brecksville, OHAugust 1, 2016
i like working here but i would have to wait until someone left or move to move up. the lack of pay is why i am looking to leave, if they compensated to industry standards i would stay.
Pros
where what you want to work
Very business friendly and dedicated employees
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MASeptember 6, 2016
Working for Mercer was an absolutely great experience and I worked with some amazing people. They teach you the true value of customer service and what it takes to be a great employee.
I choose not to review this employer
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2016
I worked at Mercer for 9 years. At this time I choose not to review this employer. However, I will say that most of the employees are hard working personable people that work well together.
Worst place to work ever.
Client Services Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 12, 2016
Push you to make unreasonable deadlines working 70 plus hours per week. Wont give anyone raises or bonuses despite making top marks on review. All the good management has left.
Office Closed
Participant Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 27, 2016
Office is now closed but I was employed for 4 years. I loved my team members b/c we were like family.

Fast paced
no structured training
Pros
great co workers
Cons
Houston office closed
Would not recommend this company to anyone.
Participant Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAMarch 1, 2016
The "training" was a joke. The "team leads" are ill equipped to do their jobs which trickles down to their team members. Very counter-productive. I guess you can move up quickly...if you are willing to put up with the foolishness and mismanagement on a daily basis.
Pros
My co-workers were very nice
Cons
The team leads need training
Worklife
Marketing Director Sales Analytic Analysis (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2016
Very nice people who work there. Learned a lot about Data analytics and the construction of Individual Growth Target Summary, Revenue Analysis, Solution Penetration and Go-To-Market Scorecard
Pros
friendly enviorment
Cons
Everyone is always very busy
Great learning opportunity.
Data Analyst in HR services (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 28, 2016
Mercer is a great place to learn new skills, develop your resume and make professional connections. Being an analyst there is challenging, intellectually rewarding and full of surprises.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Poor career development.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercer. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9