Mercer

Mercer Employer Reviews

No Comment
MARKETING ASSOCIATE - WEST MARKET (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 17, 2014
The company no longer exists. It was an ok place, but management needed a lot of improvements.
Mercer - Principal
Principal - Product Leader (Current Employee), chicago ILNovember 11, 2014
Pros: good benefits and flexible work schedule
Cons: non focused leadership and no commitment to technology
Mercer is a company in flux .. they make changes that are in direct conflict. The cut costs to realize margin at the cost of providing the services and technology clients need.
Team Lead Health and Benefits
Team Lead Health and Welfare (Current Employee), Norwood MANovember 10, 2014
Pros: good people, lots of general hr training, exposure to sound hr practices and administration.
Cons: over delegated responsibility to tl to manage clients, to many internal projects, direct manager supervision over focused on internal mercer process, should be more client centric focus
I worked in Health and Benefits administration for 1 year. The Team Lead position is the center for all activity, client contact, third party administration, supervisor for analysts and main contact for all other mercer groups.

The ongoing and open enrollment projects are monster projects requiring over 60 hrs week to keep the OE project on track. – more... The amount of responsibility a team lead has in relation to upper management far exceeds what should be delegated.

The company as whole has good people to work with and a lot of OE training. The technical training is not enough and often every client has a legacy implementation that requires additional process improvement to get client stable.

My H&W group was often in the lead of new "special" projects initiated by senior director by managed by delegated TL's and analysts. These projects created extra work that required overtime that often strained the ongoing weekly benefits processing and administration. – less
Mercer is a wonderful company to work for. Feels like a well knit family with lots of incentives to be productive. Not a lot of opportunities for adv
Participant Service Representative II (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 3, 2014
Pros: close knit family feel with co-workers and some incentives for productivity
Cons: no breaks, 30 minute lunches, on the phone all day, required to meet strict metric adherence standards in order to gain bonuses and yearly raises
My typical work day at Mercer begins by opening all systems in order to assist participants with their HR benefit needs. Systems I am proficient in are Siebel Case Management, Business Document Management, Cisco Agent Desktop, Omni Pay, Nice IEX Agent Web Station, Plan Online, etc. I am currently working in the Defined Compensation Department in a call – more... center setting where I handle call volume for the Spanish queue. My department works with over 250 different clients from all ranges of employee populations. I have been trained to take escalated calls where I attempt to de-escalate irate and upset participants for resolution. I am also a non-licensed trade specialist and am able to process investment trades on the participants’ plan portfolios. I provide consultative services and explain tax ramifications under the IRS 402F Tax Code for 401(k) financial transactions. I work aged team service requests with escalated resolutions and place outbound calls on behalf of the clients and administrative team staff on paperwork that is received not in good order. I also assist in training my peers with the Summary Plan Description Rules and system navigation. I have been a contributing team member for Defined Contributions for over five years. Mercer is a wonderful company to work for but unfortunately does not provide many opportunities for advancement and career growth. I am seeking an opportunity to apply the knowledge, skills, and abilities gained at Mercer to a position in a company that provides an opportunity for growth and career development. – less
Maybe a starting point, but not a strong finisher
Client Services Analyst (DB) (Current Employee), Norwood, MANovember 1, 2014
Working for Mercer allowed me to learn lots of new things and growth experiences.
Productive and comfortable work environment
Participant Services Representative (Current Employee), Norwood, MAOctober 28, 2014
At my current position I have gained experience in both health and benefits and defined contributions. I have gained knowledge with health plans such as CDHPs, HMOs and PPOs. I have also become familiar with government regulated loans, in service withdrawals and IRS federal tax regulations.
Great place to work, Great culture, Smart individuals
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTOctober 21, 2014
I worked for Mercer for over a year and really enjoyed working there. Great environment surrounded by the smartest people in the field. Decided to look elsewhere in a different industry however this is one of the best places to start if interested in the financial side of Rx. Mercer preaches horizontal mobility and potential of working across LOB's – more... however I saw otherwise. Great company would definitely be interested in coming back. – less
Productive and a fun place to work
Client Service Administrator (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILOctober 11, 2014
Pros: flexible hours and the ability to work from home.
Cons: the companies technology was a little antiquated.
I truly enjoyed working for Mercer. The working environment was fast-pace, challenging, and fun.
Quiet, too many team leads that can't answer questions. Not much advancement.
Contractor, Benefits and Administrations Clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TxOctober 9, 2014
Pros: good incentatives such as free lunch
Cons: when a call has been escalated, no one wanted to answer.
Working for this company has great pay and good benefits. There are too many temps working and not being advanced to permenant employment. The hardest thing about this job is working several clients and trying to remember which information belongs to which client.
Learned alot obout Benefits, but passed up on a lot of advancement
Pension & Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 6, 2014
Pros: good learning enviornment
Cons: did not take up for its employees, frustrating
I learned about Benefits, health, vision, dental, 401k plans and retirement. The hardest part of the job for me, was the way customers treated us on the phone. They cursed us, called us ugly names and company did nothing about it.
Work hard, play hard
National Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 2, 2014
Pros: fun morale-boosting events
Cons: more emphasis on career development for direct reports
An outstanding group of professionals with a heart for healthcare - high expectations, but that should be the case.
Great team atmosphere - made a lot of lifelong friends there
Driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Hayward, CASeptember 23, 2014
It was weird. Go to a temp position and management was wicked.
So was Mercer Staffing. They were totaly against you.
Good starting job
Benefit Analyst (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 23, 2014
They taught me a lot about the benefits world and allowed me to learn a lot about retirement plans. I also was able to build calculators using excel tools and was taught how to manipulate data within access to better read the populations. Very little room for advancement unless you stay a long time.
A good company
Participant Service Representative (Current Employee), Norwood, MASeptember 15, 2014
A good company to work for. They can provide you with excellent training in retirement and health and benefits.
Lonely work, but very rewarding.
OWNER/OPERATOR (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 29, 2014
Driving cross country and hauling loads from one state to another. I had no coworkers, but I enjoyed traveling and seeing the country while making sure people get their goods.
Big company with smart people.
Director (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 25, 2014
Consulting environment is a great place to grow your career. Good benefits and opportunity.
n/a
Participant Services Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 14, 2014
• Directly interacted with Mercer's plan participants via phone to provide educational information regarding their healthcare benefits provided by AIG's health insurance company.
• Managed incoming calls from plan participants to provide retirement, healthcare, or absence management plan information.
• Additional duties included processing healthcare – more... advantage plan applications, resolving claim issues and creating data reports for plan participants during open enrollment periods. – less
Professional work place,
Pension Consultant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 11, 2014
Good work for a pension consultant, busy all the time, and professional working environment. Would recommend.
Poor Compensation and Overpriced Benefits
Client Services Analyst II (Current Employee), Norwood, MAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: people work with on day - to - day basis
Cons: upper level management and human resource department
The company does not invest in their employees or technology. Their only focus is profit. They are trying to gloss over this by doing all these projects to improve employee morale but it does not help when they are still penny pinching on pay and benefits.
Massive company
Participant Service Representative (Former Employee), Norwood, MAAugust 3, 2014
Very big company with great training but high turnover. You meet great people but they move on faster than you do as well.

1 2 3 4 5