Merchant Link Employee Reviews

Merchant link
Technical Support agent (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 14, 2017
A typical day at work is understaffed. I learned no matter how hard you work it goes unnoticed and unappreciated. I can say that i have learned A LOT working for this company I respect and admire the Hire ups in this company but wish they paid more attention.
fun workplace
N/A (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 18, 2016
Pros
Generally, the company is super product focussed. Most of the engineers are super talented and work very hard. Processes are tailored to productivity, and not cast in stone. All of which makes this is an amazing environment for someone who wants to create, learn, and innovate.

Despite sometimes long and odd hours, the company is very supportive of a work-life balance. There's reasonable flexibility in work hou…
Cons
A big part of the company culture is centered on open and honest communication. Senior management works very hard to keep politics out of the culture, and we are taught to "talk _to_ people, not about them", to "listen with intense curiosity", to "tell others how they impact you". There is ongoing training and reinforcement around this, and when team dynamics are out of kilter, management will rally around the team and help them work through their issues by encouraging them to talk about their feelings. Yeah, it's a little like therapy. No, it's a _lot_ like therapy. Many employees have broken down in tears while examining and sharing their feelings. Note: There's no requirement to share anything or talk about anything you don't want to. However, you are asked to think and talk about what's making you sad, angry, happy, or scared. And when you are in a room full of people who are sharing their feelings, you might feel some pressure to do the same.

It's a journey, and sometimes it is very hard. Oftentimes it is rewarding, and is likely essential for maintaining our culture as we continue our rapid growth.
my first internshipa and i had best of my time
Human Resource Intern (Current Employee) –  silver spring, MDNovember 21, 2014
I am currentlt studying in India and i was fortunate enough to be interned at Merchant Link. It is a place where i got to learn a lot and put everything to practice what i learnt in college. Everyone is so sweet and always ready to help. Mot importantly the top management and the supervisor are very friendly and assist with every task.
Productive Work Place, Family enviorment with coworkers
Proactive Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, ArizonaJune 25, 2014
A typical day at work is servicing merchants whom work in the restaurant and lodging industry. Helping merchant resolve issues with credit card batching, and daily revenue settlements. What I have learned at this job is point to point sales encryption, as well as how increasingly difficult this industry can be at times. Management team does their best to assist in stress management, in addition to work life balance. My co-workers are like family, we share the workload evenly, and we are direct just as a family would be. The hardest part of my job is the doing the same thing everyday, but it becomes a routine that is not as tough as collecting money from everyday people. The most enjoyable part of my job, is the team cohesiveness, we are an eclectic group of people, whom is also a small group so we tend to mesh well in personalities.
great place to work
Proactive Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  tempe, azJune 26, 2013
the management and fellow teammates are great to work with. Merchant link creates a atmosphere at the work place where you want to contribute your thoughts and ideas
Pros
team support
Cons
work schedules
Great group of people to work with
Proactive Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, ArizonaApril 1, 2013
Merchantlink is 51% owned by JP Morgan & Chase, therefore there is a lot of room for advancement, yet youhave to be a position for nine months before advancing. I work in the Tech Support department where we service merchants such as restuarants, hotel lodging, etc with lost credit card information, settling batches, troubleshooting. We are a very important step in merchants getting paid on a daily basis, we provide support for thier business.
Pros
flexibility and communication
Cons
currenlty short staffed
Good cultural dynamics
Level 2 Customer Support Techinician (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 24, 2012
Great location for commuting via train or car. In my opinion the benefits are very good. Great leadership in the executive managements positions.
Pros
401k % matching
Cons
time card clock in system