Merchant Warehouse

Merchant Warehouse Employer Reviews

Great work/life balance
Partner Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: great work life balance
Cons: no advancement or raises
Freindly management and great work life balance but no room for advancement
You will need self motivation
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Hayneville, ALFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: you are completely free!
Cons: you are completely free.
So far working at Merchant Warehouse has been great. I do however wish that there was at least some contact with a manager or sales team. I would also like to see how I compare to other sales reps.
Great inside sales opportunity and experience working with a motivated management team. Ability to gain experience working with business owners.
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 15, 2013
Pros: great business atmosphere and co-workers.
Cons: month to month sales cycle.
Working with great people with adjusted hours to compensate for national sales and time management. Learned incredible amounts about business to business sales and speaking with business owners.
A dynamic technology driven merchant service platform.
Vice President of Finance and Administration (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 11, 2013
An entrepreneurial firm that is using technology to change the way the merchant service space interacts with consumers and retailers. This firm values competent and driven leaders who want to make a difference. An engaging environment with high growth and all the challenges that go with such rapid growth.
Merchantwarehouse a great entry level sales company
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 24, 2012
Pros: free lunches, company parties, golfing events, company cruise
Cons: long days, commission only company, some of the products and pricing was out of date, to much competition with other processing companies.
A typical day is selling merchant processing services and products to various merchants in the U.S. We would have to take on inbound calls and pre applications that were filled out by merchants looking for information on setting up an account. We would have to do cost comparisons, pitch and advertise the proper products for our merchants. We have to – more... start the call and finish the whole sales cycle on getting products and services shipped to our merchants.

I have learned much on inbound sales. As an account executive you learn how to build relationships with your customers. We also were trained on the terminals and point of sale systems. The hardest part of the job was all the newer companies that had tough pricing and free equipment they would offer merchants. It was difficult task to beat many deals with all the free services and products that were out in the industry. Another hard part of the job are the monthly goals we have to maintain. Our numbers are based off previous years of deals the company closed with new business. Those numbers are very difficult to obtain with all the new competition we are going against.

I will say the friends and company values I always enjoyed. It is a very close knit company with a great staff. That is one thing I can say I really enjoy. – less
company overview
Client Service Representative (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 10, 2012
They are losing alot of business fast due to their competitors and their little mistakes that could have been avoided that costs their merchants so much money causing them to cancel lots and lots of accounts. These mistakes are continous which is upseting and time consuming to the merchant which ends up in account cancellation. There rates are very – more... misleading and dishonest like a bad cars sales men nothing about the company is clean cut and straight to the point except for the salary. I wouldnt process with them honestly if I was a merchant. I see them in major debt within significant job lost the next 5-10 years – less
no different to other credit card processors
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), bostonAugust 18, 2012
Pros: events and parties
Cons: unorganized management, changes daily to system, false information given
company provides a lot of fun activities for the employees, such as concerts, etc. Values that are talked about, are not shown once a merchant signs up. Overall atmosphere in the office is not good, and management tries to cover this up with free alcohol on Friday's. I came to work not drink, if I want a drink, I can spend $20 on cheap beer myself.
first office job
Account Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 8, 2012
Pros: location
Cons: commission
very good learning experience coming out of college. solid training, good work environment. the changing of compensation plans was a downside. loved the location and most of the team were solid performers.
Great first sales job
Account Executive (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 19, 2012
Fun place to work, making a lot of money right out of school. Great sales training to give you the tools to be the best sales person you can. Commission based, which isn't for everyone. Some good months some bad.

About Merchant Warehouse

Merchant Warehouse is a recognized leader in payment solutions and merchant services. The company enables merchants, POS developers – Read more