Merchants Security Services Employee Reviews

Helpful and friendly corporate office employees
Captain of Security (Former Employee) –  Washington Court House, OHOctober 9, 2017
Enjoyed working for Merchants Security. Friendly Corporate environment. Always willing to help with any circumstance or situation that would arise with employees.
Pros
paid days off
Cons
Contract ended
Laid back atmosphere
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 4, 2017
Although it has been some time since I have been employed by Merchants security, it helped shape the work ethic that I have today. I was able to obtain a Bachelors degree while working with this company because of their willingness to work with my hectic school schedule.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Management
Cons
Short breaks, Compensation, and Healthcare
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  ohioSeptember 13, 2017
No good benefits and very poor salary
Never any raises
No employee recognition
No paid vacation
No advancement opportunity
Just a paycheck
It is okay
Pros
Cons
all of the above
Good job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 2, 2017
The job is good to learn the world of security, I am just looking to grow with a company . The work life balance is fair, I get to work different assignments and meet many different people
It is a rewarding and challenging work environment
Shuttle Driver/ cashier (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 12, 2017
Have always liked being cross-trained. No day is like the same, you may start out in one position at the start of your shift but at the end of the shift, you are doing another. You work with some great individuals as well as the management. It takes customer service to another level then being in retail. Supervisors are great.
Security work is a terrible career.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington Court House, OHAugust 10, 2017
If you like not having a life and working till your eyes fall out then security is perfect, especially for this company. they don't pay enough to keep a fly family alive but defiantly expect you to stay for numerous years. This is a last resort job, one you get to stay out of fast food and factory.
Pros
its a paycheck
Cons
you don't get a life, don't make enough to survive, long distance drive if something happens with your check, management is no help.
Enjoyable work experience
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Metairie LouisianaJuly 22, 2017
It's enjoyable but it is hard workdon't plan on working here if you're not ready to walk for the entire time or stand or write. But in general it's a fun work experience
Job was good just bad management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJuly 18, 2017
The job took me to a lot of different locations witch I thought was pretty cool seeing the different places out there just management didn't have their stuff together never knew what was going on.
Pros
Easy work environment
Cons
Bad management
Fun place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fayette County, OHJune 29, 2017
Good atmosphere good people to work with. At every turn you get to meet people from all walks of life who just may need for you to say hello to them to brighten up their day. Some may need words of comfort and others may meed guidance no matter what your presence is needed and appreciated by those we come in contact with.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Need more training at facilities employed at.
It could be better
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 28, 2017
Merchant Security is alright when you are a resident of Dayton, Ohio, or a college student like myself when I was enrolled to Sinclair Community College..
ok
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 22, 2017
very nice contracts however the pay was very very low for the amount of work that was needing to be done. A nice company to work for, very responsive but cheap.
Pros
nice company
Cons
cheap pay for what you do.
Pleasant work environment.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 11, 2017
Pleasant work environment. Company very willing to work with your schedule and give you hours. Training was excellent. Supplied uniforms. Staff was very pleasant.
Lots of hours available if u want them.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 24, 2017
I loved working for merchants simply because i chase the money...if u cant block out the other annoying things ur going to struggle. They put you at bad posts... ask u to do minor tasks and the supervisors are lazy well the SITE SUPERVISORS are pricks. They take out to much tax wayy too much and your paychecks fluctuate same with your hours even though they schedule you for 48hrs every week. you wont see all your hours on your check and they dont take out for lunch breaks so thats sketchy. but oh well im no longer there :)
Pros
paid okay i guess
Cons
didnt pay enough and messed up my taxes
Great for No Life
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 16, 2017
I worked here for over 6 months, averaging about 90 hours a week, working 16 hour shifts, most the time I barley had time to go home and sleep before working again.
great people, know how to treat employees
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHJanuary 30, 2017
i have been with the company for about 4 months going on 5 and they have treated me so well. no complaints. they have shown me what a great company they are, full of excitement and fun and when its necessary to know there position. i have notnhing bad to say about any of them. hoping for more years to come, cant wait excited.
Pros
overtime cause i like overtime
Cons
i have no negatives
Awesome place to work for..
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OhioJanuary 14, 2017
The people at this company are very laid back, and fun to talk with... They welcome you with open arms, and help with every situation that you may have.. Couldn't of asked for a better place to work..
Great conpany to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 23, 2016
Great company to work for. The site that I worked was great and the folks there was always helpful. At christmas, they gave everyone gift cards. Had food for everyone.
Pros
Many good work site.
Cons
Na
Security Officer
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 31, 2016
I provide excellent customer service for client while protecting property or addressing concerns from patrons concerning a product or service on site.
just horrible
Security Officer/Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 24, 2016
tis was the worse position I ever held. worked here for little over a year, for some of that time I held a site supervisor position. all the employees in my area were overworked, some didn't have days off for three to four weeks straight, always overstaffed, and when the management would get new employees in, they would send them to locations that were overstaffed or make them floaters and pull them from the post constantly. The woman in HR was great, the guy who did the scheduling had no idea what he was doing, constantly sending out messed up schedules or changing them in the middle of the schedule week. If you made a complaint to him about it, he would take it out on your hours, by either overworking you more, or completely taking you off the schedule. there is no flexability, nor stability, and they will call you in to work whenever they feel like it. there were plenty of times I would end up going 32 hours straight with no sleep because I would have worked my shift, then got called in for third shift because they called off and they had no one to cover it, which ended in me having a 16 hour shift, unless it was a 12 hour shift day. caution to anyone who applies, you will not have a life.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
managment, hours
Horrible. Biggest mistake of my life.
Guard (Former Employee) –  Dayton ohAugust 27, 2016
The whole company was very unprofessional and ignorant. They obviously don't care about there employees. Just completely oblivious to what there employees were doing at all. I saw several people smoking pot around buildings they were guarding. And the CEO is a RACIST. Over all just a trashy company. Don't ever work there.
Pros
Cons
All cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merchants Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9