Merck

Merck United States Employee Reviews

Calgon was a wholly owned subsidiary of Merck.
Director Health & Environmental Affairs (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Commraderie
Cons: Politics
The company was great early in my career. At the end the politics was out of control. Ultimately the company was bought by a French company.
Great, ethical company with an eye on helping the world
Associate Director, HR Operations Global Delivery (Current Employee), Kenilworth, NJApril 15, 2015
I have learned about people management and leadership in a tough environment. The hardest part of my role is the global aspect and finding common ground for all the leaders around the world. Excellent people work for Merck!
I'd be surprised if Merck still exists in 10 years
Senior PC Specialist (Former Employee), North Wales, PAApril 15, 2015
Revenues continue to drop year after year and management's only answer is to fire more people. That is not a sustainable business plan. The fat has been gone for years and the cuts keep coming. Lots of "gallows humor" among workforce, everybody knows they don't have a future with the company. It's a shame, it used to be a great company to work for, now the environment is just toxic.
Merck summary
Associate director (Former Employee), West Point, PAApril 14, 2015
It is a good place to work. very flexible schedules and conducive place to find employment. very knowledgeable co-workers and is a right place to find long term employment. i strongly recommend this company
Great place to start career
Specialist, Compliance and Risk Management (Current Employee), Branchburg, NJApril 13, 2015
Great place to start career. A lot of work so good place to build experience. Great work life balance as well, with telecommuting
Product portfolio should be widen and updated
Business unit Manager Biopharm Process Solutions (Former Employee), Mexico CityApril 10, 2015
Pros: Good salary and other compensations
Cons: Prices too high versus similar competitors
Performance is the main goal for the company
Learned how to improve teamwork
Management is 100% focused on sales
Excellent co-workers, most of them coming from Millipore legacy
Too aggressive competition based on lower prices while market is mainly looking on saving funds
Really enjoy working directly with customers on the field
Very Good Company to work for
Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Summit New JerseyApril 7, 2015
Merck was a very good Company to work for. I learned a great deal from my experience there and would recommend the company to others seeking employment
Quality Assurance Senior Specialist (Former Employee), Elkton, VAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Excellent compensation and benefits.
Cons: Not enough staff to research and effect improvements.
A fast-paced and highly productive environment staffed with many highly motivated and hard-working individuals. Increasingly strict compliance needs and regulations complicate accomplishing everyday activities.
Great new specialty sales team in Neuroscience
Neuroscience Sales Representative (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 6, 2015
Pros: training is great
Cons: contract position
Exciting new specialty sales team with many tenured sales people launching a new mechanism of action drug for Insomnia
The perfect balance of industry and acamedia
Infectious Disease Scientist III (Current Employee), West Point, PAApril 3, 2015
Working for Merck has been a great experience so far. I have found the work intellectually challenging and demanding. Although my commute is long I love coming to work here. The scientists are smart and great people, everybody is quite respectful and goald-driven. I could not have asked for a better job opportunity right after graduate school.
Good place
Associate Principal Scientist (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 2, 2015
I much enjoyed my time at Merck. The company has great team members and they are easy to get along with. The location is convenient, just outside Boston.
Schering Plough used to be a really good place to work with very talented people. Merck is a different story
Associate (Former Employee), Kenilworth, NJMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Good name to have on the resume
Cons: Tasks are too compartmentilized. No freebies
Merck is a great place to work and learn. There is opportunity for sceintist to interact with best of the best in the industry or in the acedemia.
Great ethical company with a mission to save and improve lives everywhere with their pharmaceuticals.
Senior Business/Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Branchburg, NJMarch 31, 2015
Enjoyed working with a very intelligent, ethical, caring, supportive group of Merck employees. Change is always constant as new innovative and efficient ways of working are being tested. An efficient, patient, hard worker who also takes time to keep their skillset up to date will be successful here.
WebSphere Administrator (Former Employee), White House Station, NJMarch 31, 2015
good place to learn; friendly management; challenging job; good perks; helping to co-workers;the most enjoyable part of the job
Supervisor de produccion y empaque
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee), PRMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Buena etica trabajo y oportunidades
Cons: Plantas cerrando
Actualmente trabajando con proceso Dicomisioning tanto limpieza d planta como la documentacion. Con 20 de experiencia en diferentes areas y procesos,
i love the environment
temp (Current Employee), wilson ncMarch 24, 2015
A normal day at Merck consist of smiles and help from co-workers. It is a family feeling how everyone works together to get the product to the customer in a timely manner
Overall I have enjoyed my years with Merck & Company
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Dothan, ALMarch 24, 2015
I believe that i made a difference each and everyday not only with my products, but to the lives of all the people I would come in contact with on a daily basis. I really love what I do.
Great company
Hispanic Channel Business Leader (Current Employee), Summit, NJMarch 23, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: outsources much of it
Lots of opportunity and work life balance, management provides mentoring and allows you to grow. Compensation is above other organizations and can grow easily.
Challenging and rewarding experience
Senior Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 19, 2015
I worked with some of the best people in the industry at this position and i know we made a difference to our customers and their patients.
Continous headcount reduction.
Lab Animal Technician, SPO 2 (Current Employee), West Point, PAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: continous headcount reduction
Opportunity to learn different jobs. Good benefits and pay. Pretty good immediate supervisors and lower level mangagement.

1 2 3 4 5

About Merck

About Merck Merck makes medicines for a number of maladies, from stuffy noses and asthma to hypertension and arthritis. The – Read more

Merck Salaries