Merck

Merck Employer Reviews

Advanced work environment that provides excellent learning experience
Associate Director (Former Employee), West PointJuly 21, 2014
Pros: technical challenges
Cons: lower than expected compensation
Great company to work in as an engineer as it provides many opportunities to learn and be challenged.
Great place to start career
Integrated Process Team - Engineer Specialist (Current Employee), durham, ncJuly 20, 2014
Merck is a great place to start a career. The company is very big and has many support groups with talented professionals who can help you learn the basics of the industry.
Not a bad company
Associate Director of Sales (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 16, 2014
Pros: good salary/benefits
Cons: changing culture for the negative
Merck is changing it's culture, processes and priorities along with the Healthcare industry.
Not same place anymore
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee), Rahway, NJJuly 14, 2014
Typical day will consist of lot of meetings
Pros: Work life balance
Cons: No growth opportunity
PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY:
Associate Director, Customer Strategy and Insights (Current Employee), Upper Gwynedd, PAJuly 14, 2014
Proactive, results-oriented pharmaceutical market researcher with proven track record as a strategic partner and internal consultant to brand marketing and managed care teams across the product lifecycle.
Part time job
Química (Former Employee), Manatí PRJuly 14, 2014
Pros: the job schedule was from mondays to fridays with weekends off.
Cons: it was a shift change job (6am, 2pm, 10pm)
Began shift receiving, inspection of the area and mix the product. I learned responsibilities, safety procedures, read labels and hazmat materials handling. wasn't involve with my co workers due to my age at that time, I was to young and they did not involve me in their activities.
Great mission; going through transition
Director, Sterile and Validation COE (Former Employee), West Point, PAJuly 13, 2014
Great mission
Good colleagues
Going through significant transition
Average pharma job
Senior Professional Sales Representative (Current Employee), MidwestJuly 12, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: micro managed & bad culture
Management not trustworthy. Even though the company says there is a safe to speak up environment. Do not believe it! Had some great managers and had some non professional ones. Great managers = great culture, Bad managers = poor culture.
enjoyed my time there
Executive & Multi-Specialty Vaccine Representative (Current Employee), West TexasJuly 10, 2014
Pros: manageable territories
Cons: not stable for the lasst 7 years. layoffs every couple of years
culture is the same as any mega pharma company

the company had moved away from paying for performance but I think they understand now that we are a salesforce and money motivates and promotes more selling!
Good, honest people
Senior Customer Representative (Current Employee), Mid-AtlanticJuly 9, 2014
Pros: stable, conservative
Cons: unchallenging, stale
Best part of Merck is the people. Career progression is stagnant, unimaginative.
Wonderful
Technical Assurance Analyst/ Consultant (Former Employee), Rahway, NJJuly 9, 2014
Its a beautiful place to work, Huge Campus, Friendly environment, Cafeteria food there rocks.
Reputable company -- a great place to work
Customer Team Leader (District Sales Manager) (Former Employee), IowaJuly 8, 2014
Merck is a great company with highly trained employees who truly care about each other.
Excellent Organization. Strong Ethics and Values
District Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 7, 2014
I have been grateful for my Career at Merck. The people make this organization. Especially the people in Texas
Strong Company but Challenging Future
District Manager (Current Employee), VariousJuly 7, 2014
Pros: good people and products, fair salary
Cons: too much red tape and top down management
Like most of Pharma, Merck has been experiencing numerous downsizing and challenges based on healthcare reform. They have a strong pipeline and should recover in the next few years if all goes well.
Enjoyed working with my partners and customers
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Jackson, MS NorthJuly 7, 2014
A great job. It allowed me to provide for my family, while working with great partners and customers
Highly focused, enthusiastic, and goal-driven professional with 16 years of solid experience in sales.
Senior Sales Executive (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 6, 2014
Pros: sales training, marketing, business strategies
Cons: little room for advancement
Well organized with attention to detail in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment. Identified as an individual who thrives on challenges, leads by example, and readily adapts to situations. Self confident and poised in building and maintaining customer relationships across all business hierarchies.
productive place to work
inspector associate (Current Employee), Durham, NCJuly 6, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: not full time
working here is good but u will not get hired full time. learned alot about batch records and SU's
Enjoyed promoting wide variety of cutting edge products in a broad range of theraputic catagories
Executive Opthalmology Representative (Former Employee), Norther Ohio, Eastern PennslyvaniaJuly 2, 2014
Pros: autonomy, interacting and gaining long lasting commitment from customers
Cons: managed care
Most of my career was spent in Merck's Ophthalmic division calling on targeted ophthalmologist and optometrist in private practice, hospital and VA settings promoting Merck's line of topical glaucoma agents. I covered a very large geography, which required a great deal of planning and analysis to effectively and efficiently target the right customers – more... who could drive the most sales. I Learned a great deal about not only the diagnosis and treatment of glaucoma but the overall inner-workings of ophthalmology and optometric practices. Management placed a great deal of trust in the sales force, was open to new ideas and tactics, and consistently rewarded positive results . Over my tenure at Merck I worked and interacted with a number of great people, forming long lasting friendships with many of them. The most challenging part of the job, especially in the later years, was the increasing role managed care played in the selection of drug therapies. The increased pressure to prescribe generics and cost constraints became the number one obstacle. But despite the challenges, I always enjoyed interacting with my customers, providing relevant information and solutions to help them more effectively choose the best care for their patients – less
Typical Start Up
Quality (Current Employee), Durham, NCJuly 1, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: hard to find work-life balance
Long days, quite a bit of work ongoing, workers should be flexible. If flexible and willing to put in long hours a wealth of exciting experience is possible.
Merck is going thru major re-organization.
Quality Systems Manager (Current Employee), Summit, NJJuly 1, 2014
Merck is re-focusing the business and job stability is very uncertain.

1 2 3 4 5

About Merck

Merck makes medicines for a number of maladies, from stuffy noses and asthma to hypertension and arthritis. The pharmaceutical – Read more