Jump start your career and join Mercury’s Austin team as our new Claims Representative. If you have 1-2 years of insurance experience and are looking to further your auto claims handling knowledge, this is the job for you.
Claims Representatives are responsible for adjusting collision and comprehensive auto damage claims. You will determine if Mercury is liable for paying these claims by analyzing and evaluating the related facts that will allow you to resolve them in a timely, efficient manner. You will also be responsible for determining the best course of action for resolving claims for both our customers and the Company.
All Claims Representatives are required to complete a six-week training program which will be held in Austin, TX. Successful completion of this program is designed to prepare you for assignment as a Claims Representative II in our claims department.
Excellent customer service skills are essential for success at Mercury. Your ability to demonstrate compassion and empathy for our customers is paramount. This role is communication intensive, and you will spend much of your day communicating with our customers and claimants by phone and email. Your ability to build and maintain relationships with our customers will be the reason they continue to be loyal to Mercury fans!
- Worker characteristics are normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree (BA, BS). 1-2 years of prior insurance and customer service related experience helpful.
- Analytical skills – Gathers and analyzes the necessary facts related to a claim. Applies logical reasoning in determining and articulating the best solution(s) for the customer and the Company.
- Technical Skills – Delivers high quality work products that adhere to Company policies, practices, and metrics. Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Time management – Balances multiple priorities with ease and provides timely follow up to internal and external customers.
- Interpersonal skills – Communicates professionally and diplomatically with Company employees and business partners. Builds relationships to create Mercury Moments for customers, agents, and Mercury personnel.
- Collaborative skills – Shares ideas, knowledge, and solutions to ensure the highest quality of service for all. Partners with teammates and other departments to provide a helping hand when needed.
To be considered please apply online at Mercuryinsurance.com!
Salary: starting at $16.83/hr.