Live in the Austin, TX area and interested in a career in insurance? Mercury is seeking a qualified candidate to join our Underwriting team as our next Underwriting Assistant!
In this role, you will assist our professional underwriting team with a variety of clerical and administrative duties, including verifying customers’ accident histories; entering claims data into our database; ordering and indexing Motor Vehicle Records; and matching paperwork to the correct files. In addition, you will examine and process endorsement requests to modify insurance coverage and input these changes into our database.
Relationship building and customer service skills are paramount to success in this role. You will deliver outstanding customer service to our agents, customers, and Mercury personnel by responding promptly, professionally to their inquiries via phone and email.
Strong time management and organization skills are required in helping you establish and maintain thorough, concise underwriting files. This position requires strong attention to detail, accuracy in your work, and effective communication skills in order to succeed.
- Worker characteristics are normally acquired through completion of a High School Diploma or GED Equivalent. Prior insurance experience highly desired.
- Technical Skills – Delivers high quality work products that adhere to Company policies, practices, and metrics.
- Time management – Balances multiple priorities with ease and provides timely follow up to internal and external customers.
- Interpersonal skills – Communicates professionally and diplomatically with Company employees and business partners. Effective written and oral communication skills are essential in this role. Builds relationships to create Mercury Moments for customers, agents, and Mercury personnel.
- Collaborative skills – Shares ideas, knowledge, and solutions to ensure the highest quality of service for all. Partners with teammates and other departments to provide a helping hand when needed.
- Computer skills – Demonstrates strong proficiency with Word, Excel, and data entry.
- Flexibility- Ability to work a schedule between the hours of 9am-7pm M-F
Location: Austin, TX
Compensation: starting at $24,600/yr.