Mercury Insurance Group

Mercury Insurance Group Employer Reviews

Great Place
Supervisor (Former Employee), Folsom, CADecember 14, 2014
Pros: great opportunitys
Cons: lunces
Answering calls and helping them has much before transferring to claims adjusters. Learn that everyone works has a team and the co workers were great. The hardest part is trying to stay positive when the other person on the phone is upset.
ok place
customer service (Current Employee), san antonioDecember 7, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: work hours
it was ok to work there no much room for advancement and work hours not so good but decent pay long day ten hours days and mostly high call volume but slows down after a while and management is good
Was a fun place to work until they laid everyone off due to business neccessity.
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 4, 2014
Pros: ergonomic testing, on the spot awards, christmas bonus
Cons: taxed on gift cards that was given on special occasions
Arrived 15 minutes early before shift began at 8 AM. Made sure desk was clean and organized. Checked co-workers in-box if they were going to be out of the office that day. Grab some files off the shelf and the correspondence from your Underwriter's in-box to process. Made sure quota was processed for the day. Management was friendly and understanding. Co-workers were friendly, treat you like family and team players. Nothing was hard about my job. Loved every part of my job.
This was a well paid easy to do job.
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasNovember 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
There was not a lot of motivation coming from management when it came to progressing and promotion opportunities. Overall it was a decent place to work. The building was not cleaned well enough, employees had major issues with allergies and sickness due to vents not being cleaned properly, bathrooms not cleaned properly, rarely ever vacuumed. The only thing any of us saw regularly was the trash being dumped from our cubicles every night.
great employer
Claims Adjuster: Personal Injury / Liability (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLNovember 20, 2014
They trained me out of college. Good benefits and pay increases. I left because my department was moving to another state.
Fast passed environment
Automotive Insurance Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CANovember 11, 2014
Fast passed and confident individuals are needed to thrive with this organization.
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 4, 2014
Pros: fun activities
Wonderful place to work. management is very friendly. Work load is high but it is doable.
Very friendly and intelligent group with a lots of knowledge.
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Brea, CAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere
A typical day would be attend scrum meeting. Retest the bug fixes and update it on HP quality center.Test data flow from the GUI to the back end and report bugs. Upload the days progress on MS SharePoint.

The people at this office are very friendly and IT team has created a great atmosphere at this office. I learned a lot working there.I have gained considerable knowledge about how Policy, Billing and Claims centers work hand in hand. The IT team provided appropriate training as the job demanded.
Assistant to office.
Support Specialist II (Former Employee), West Covina, CAOctober 7, 2014
A typical day consists of checking emails and maintaining documents. Monthly reporting and data keeping is typical as well. Working in an office taught me basic machine use, mailing and filing. I also learned about legal administration and national conferencing and communication. Management is very experienced and maintains high expectations. The hardest part of the job is not always being busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating nationally.
Clerk (Former Employee), Utica, MISeptember 29, 2014
work was hard but i enjoyed the experience of getting to work hands on with customers and even though i was just a clerk i felt like i was still important and the pay was good to. this is a good job for someone who is organized, has a certain skill set like computer skills, and filing. also comfortable with calling and answering phones.
Productive workplace
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: installed a "deli" in the breakroom for quick snacks
Cons: short 45 minute lunches
Busy non-stop throughout the day handling files and phone calls. The hardest part of the job was juggling the volume however I was organized so I had it streamlined. Loved my co-workers as they were like family.
Stressful work environment, poor management
Claims (Former Employee), Bridgewater NJSeptember 3, 2014
The NJ claims office is a very stressful work environment. They train you for 6 weeks on the policy for one state and as soon as you are done training they give you claims for 3 other states. Training is poor. The workload is heavy. They done do anything to better the situation. They fire people a lot or people just quit. I would not recommend anyone take a job in this office.
Not sure what to say
Claims Specialist II (Current Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: good initial training.
Cons: over worked and underpaid.
Having worked in two different departments, I have seen how the company does not place good managers or leaders in the departments. Training can be improved as well as employee morale.
Friendly office
Litigation Clerk (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJune 18, 2014
The people at this office are very friendly and human resources have created a great atmosphere at this office. I would recommend this place to work!
Fun workplace, friendly co-workers
SOFTWARE QA ANALYST (Former Employee), Brea, CAJune 4, 2014
Pros: freindly co-workers
Cons: qa supervisor was hardly ever there and was hard to reach.
I learned a lot working there, I was able to apply what I had learned at Avancee corp. Software QA training.
Good Place to Work
Professional Consult - NOC Project Manager (Current Employee), Brea, CAMay 4, 2014
I'm managing a full project workload that makes this job very fulfilling. I've learned a new PM tool called Smartsheet that I would highly recommend. The management are all all the same technical and process related page from top to bottom which I have never experienced before in all my career.
Streesful / poorly managed workplace
Claims (Current Employee), Bridgewater, NJApril 8, 2014
Cons: poor management, workflow, pay
I read the reviews all 59 of them, I don't know about the other Mercury Insurance offices but let me tell you about the Bridgewater NJ office. Lets start with the management they lack any kind of social skills, professionalism, couth, and are poor at their jobs, they will lie to save themselves and treat their employees poorly .Instead of management helping the employees they set them up to crash and burn. I learned this shortly after I came back from training which was also a joke. They send you to CA or FLA for 6 weeks and when you come back you know nothing about the NJ process and need to learn how to work a desk with 2 different systems and the management believes that you should know what to do. The work flow is ridiculous the pay is subpar compared to other insurance companies out there. The employees are overworked over stressed and treated poorly and higher management and HR does nothing about it. As far as the people who work there everyone gets along.
Great Company
Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLApril 7, 2014
This job is a Monday through Friday 8 to 5 position.
Great benefits and great employee appreciation.
Management is very kind and will help you with anything they can. HR is excellent and on top of any given situation.
Good and Bad
Policy Examiner (Former Employee), Brea, CAMarch 26, 2014
Good place to work. Good benefits, poor pay. Management needs to change culture.
Relased environment good place to work
Support Tech (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJMarch 10, 2014
Pros: fun place to work great co-workers close to home great hours
pick up sort and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail typing and research all insurance information needed for insurance agents filing and distributing all request in a timely fashion

1 2 3 4

About Mercury Insurance Group

Named after the Roman god of commerce and travel, Mercury General hopes to combine the two. The company is the parent of a group – Read more

Mercury Insurance Group Photos