Mercury Insurance Group

Mercury Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Nice Place to work
Sr. Computer Operator/PC/Printer Support (Former Employee), Brea, CAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Low pay
Mercury is a good place to work at. Nice bonuses for employees, and great benefits.
This is a very large company, therefore it is difficult to move ahead without knowing someone in management positions.
MERCURY INSURANCE
CLAIMS ADJUSTER (Current Employee), Folsom, CAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Work life balance
Cons: Inconsistencies
Mercury Insurance is a GREAT company " family' to work for.

Wonderful employee's and Managemant

Great work life balance
absolute great place to work
Claims Coordinator (Former Employee), san antonio, txJune 30, 2015
they taught you exceptionally well. samantha garza, the trainer, is so throurough at her job. she enabled me to become quickly successful at my job. the transition from the classroom to the floor was seamless.
Great benefits, company cares about its employees.
Appraisal Specialist (Former Employee), Brea, CAJune 19, 2015
Pros: Benefits, atmosphere
Cons: stressful, very demanding
8-5 work schedule with many opportunities for overtime. You learn a lot about the car insurance industry. Management is readily available. Great atmosphere and co-workers. The appraisal specialist position is demanding and stressful. Must be well organized and able to multi-task.
Greatest company at which to work. Great culture
Senior Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Great pay and benefits. family atmosphere ( in the Richmond, VA office)
Cons: layoffs
I worked there for 8 yeas and have found this company as one that cares for their employees. There have been layoffs but always compensated over and above with severance packages. I am sad I was one of the laid off but I am grateful for my time there! Totally a top notch company!
Never a dull moment
Coverage Specialist (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 19, 2015
Mercury Insurance is a great company to work for. Claims adjusting is a demanding career but rewarding in compensation. I enjoyed my co-workers and management staff greatly. I would still be there had I not chosen to go back to school and get into the recovery counseling field.
Mercury is OK Overall
Casualty Spec II (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLMay 17, 2015
Pros: Great people on the floor
Cons: Poor Advancement opportunities stoic upper management
Mercury is OK Overall. It is a fun atmosphere to be in and they have quality people on the floor and in middle management.

They pay and compensation are below the national and regional averages.

The path to advancement is not well defined appears at times completely capricious.

The Corporate management often comes across as phlegmatic.
Great place to work. Tons of opportunity for growth
I.T. Service Center Coordinator (Former Employee), Brea, CAMay 5, 2015
Greatly enjoyed working with all cowokers and management. Management was extremely understanding of work and personal life balance. Great benefit, bonuses and annual raises.
good job because i work from home
costumer service representative (Former Employee), brea caApril 20, 2015
Pros: work at home
Cons: hours during the night
I was a costumer service representative, i give information about policy coverage , refer to bodyshop, take the information about the accident, sent the report to my superviser.
Translate Insurance Claims
Typist/ Spanish Interpreter (Current Employee), Hesperia, CAMarch 31, 2015
Interpret insurance audio claims onto word documents
Prepare Invoices for each insurance case
Customer Service Representative
Answer phone calls and schedule appointments
Fun and Respectable Work Environment
Data Entry (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 4, 2015
Great place to work! and Great Work Life Balance.I definitely feel appreciated and it is shown in many different way throughout the company.
Decent Company with good culture
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee), Brea, CAMarch 2, 2015
Mercury is decent company in general and promotes good work life balance. Mercury has strong management and leadership promotes new trending and business thought process effectively.
Fast Paced Environment
Sr. Secretary (Current Employee), Brea, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: family orineted
Cons: increased work absorbtion by decreased staff
Learned many aspects of IT the culture.
Implementing new process and procedures to facilitate workflow and requirements set by Management.
Comfortable place to work
Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Brea, CAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: christmas bonus
Cons: no advancement or development opportunities
Mercury has been a great company to work for; however, there is very little opportunities for advancement and growth. If you are comfortable being one of many, then this is the place for you. If you are looking for an environment where you can develop, learn and advance your career, this might not be the best fit.
Great Place
Supervisor (Former Employee), Folsom, CADecember 14, 2014
Pros: great opportunitys
Cons: lunces
Answering calls and helping them has much before transferring to claims adjusters. Learn that everyone works has a team and the co workers were great. The hardest part is trying to stay positive when the other person on the phone is upset.
ok place
customer service (Current Employee), san antonioDecember 7, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: work hours
it was ok to work there no much room for advancement and work hours not so good but decent pay long day ten hours days and mostly high call volume but slows down after a while and management is good
Was a fun place to work until they laid everyone off due to business neccessity.
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 4, 2014
Pros: ergonomic testing, on the spot awards, christmas bonus
Cons: taxed on gift cards that was given on special occasions
Arrived 15 minutes early before shift began at 8 AM. Made sure desk was clean and organized. Checked co-workers in-box if they were going to be out of the office that day. Grab some files off the shelf and the correspondence from your Underwriter's in-box to process. Made sure quota was processed for the day. Management was friendly and understanding. Co-workers were friendly, treat you like family and team players. Nothing was hard about my job. Loved every part of my job.
This was a well paid easy to do job.
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasNovember 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
There was not a lot of motivation coming from management when it came to progressing and promotion opportunities. Overall it was a decent place to work. The building was not cleaned well enough, employees had major issues with allergies and sickness due to vents not being cleaned properly, bathrooms not cleaned properly, rarely ever vacuumed. The only thing any of us saw regularly was the trash being dumped from our cubicles every night.
great employer
Claims Adjuster: Personal Injury / Liability (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLNovember 20, 2014
They trained me out of college. Good benefits and pay increases. I left because my department was moving to another state.
Fast passed environment
Automotive Insurance Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CANovember 11, 2014
Fast passed and confident individuals are needed to thrive with this organization.
Headquarters
4484 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles CA, United States 90010

Additional operations in Southern California; Austin, Texas; Tampa Bay, Florida; and Central New Jersey.
Revenue