Mercury Insurance Group

Mercury Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 4, 2014
Pros: fun activities
Wonderful place to work. management is very friendly. Work load is high but it is doable.
Very friendly and intelligent group with a lots of knowledge.
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Brea, CAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere
A typical day would be attend scrum meeting. Retest the bug fixes and update it on HP quality center.Test data flow from the GUI to the back end and report bugs. Upload the days progress on MS SharePoint.

The people at this office are very friendly and IT team has created a great atmosphere at this office. I learned a lot working there.I have gained considerable knowledge about how Policy, Billing and Claims centers work hand in hand. The IT team provided appropriate training as the job demanded.
Assistant to office.
Support Specialist II (Former Employee), West Covina, CAOctober 7, 2014
A typical day consists of checking emails and maintaining documents. Monthly reporting and data keeping is typical as well. Working in an office taught me basic machine use, mailing and filing. I also learned about legal administration and national conferencing and communication. Management is very experienced and maintains high expectations. The hardest part of the job is not always being busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating nationally.
Clerk (Former Employee), Utica, MISeptember 29, 2014
work was hard but i enjoyed the experience of getting to work hands on with customers and even though i was just a clerk i felt like i was still important and the pay was good to. this is a good job for someone who is organized, has a certain skill set like computer skills, and filing. also comfortable with calling and answering phones.
Productive workplace
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: installed a "deli" in the breakroom for quick snacks
Cons: short 45 minute lunches
Busy non-stop throughout the day handling files and phone calls. The hardest part of the job was juggling the volume however I was organized so I had it streamlined. Loved my co-workers as they were like family.
Stressful work environment, poor management
Claims (Former Employee), Bridgewater NJSeptember 3, 2014
The NJ claims office is a very stressful work environment. They train you for 6 weeks on the policy for one state and as soon as you are done training they give you claims for 3 other states. Training is poor. The workload is heavy. They done do anything to better the situation. They fire people a lot or people just quit. I would not recommend anyone take a job in this office.
Not sure what to say
Claims Specialist II (Current Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: good initial training.
Cons: over worked and underpaid.
Having worked in two different departments, I have seen how the company does not place good managers or leaders in the departments. Training can be improved as well as employee morale.
Friendly office
Litigation Clerk (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJune 18, 2014
The people at this office are very friendly and human resources have created a great atmosphere at this office. I would recommend this place to work!
Fun workplace, friendly co-workers
SOFTWARE QA ANALYST (Former Employee), Brea, CAJune 4, 2014
Pros: freindly co-workers
Cons: qa supervisor was hardly ever there and was hard to reach.
I learned a lot working there, I was able to apply what I had learned at Avancee corp. Software QA training.
Good Place to Work
Professional Consult - NOC Project Manager (Current Employee), Brea, CAMay 4, 2014
I'm managing a full project workload that makes this job very fulfilling. I've learned a new PM tool called Smartsheet that I would highly recommend. The management are all all the same technical and process related page from top to bottom which I have never experienced before in all my career.
Streesful / poorly managed workplace
Claims (Current Employee), Bridgewater, NJApril 8, 2014
Cons: poor management, workflow, pay
I read the reviews all 59 of them, I don't know about the other Mercury Insurance offices but let me tell you about the Bridgewater NJ office. Lets start with the management they lack any kind of social skills, professionalism, couth, and are poor at their jobs, they will lie to save themselves and treat their employees poorly .Instead of management helping the employees they set them up to crash and burn. I learned this shortly after I came back from training which was also a joke. They send you to CA or FLA for 6 weeks and when you come back you know nothing about the NJ process and need to learn how to work a desk with 2 different systems and the management believes that you should know what to do. The work flow is ridiculous the pay is subpar compared to other insurance companies out there. The employees are overworked over stressed and treated poorly and higher management and HR does nothing about it. As far as the people who work there everyone gets along.
Great Company
Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLApril 7, 2014
This job is a Monday through Friday 8 to 5 position.
Great benefits and great employee appreciation.
Management is very kind and will help you with anything they can. HR is excellent and on top of any given situation.
Good and Bad
Policy Examiner (Former Employee), Brea, CAMarch 26, 2014
Good place to work. Good benefits, poor pay. Management needs to change culture.
Relased environment good place to work
Support Tech (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJMarch 10, 2014
Pros: fun place to work great co-workers close to home great hours
pick up sort and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail typing and research all insurance information needed for insurance agents filing and distributing all request in a timely fashion
love it
SALVAGE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), BreaMarch 4, 2014
love it!! love what i do.

the people are great. its a family oriented company
A great place to work if you want a real challenge.
Office Adjuster (Former Employee), Brea, CAFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch 2x a month and 45 min lunches dailey.
Cons: no advancement to different arenas if you started in claims.
A typical day at work would be having claims assigned while returning calls left after 430pm from the previous day, while resolving issues and complaints. I learned I can really multi task and after working here I can do any job I set my mind to. Immediate Manger had an open door policy and was open to suggestions as well as supervisors. Co-workers were fun when not stressed out. The hardest part of the job is not being able to please everyone involved in auto accident. The best part was teaching people about their insurance policies,
Incredible people and company
Business Analyst (Former Employee), OklahomaFebruary 14, 2014
Very friendly and intelligent group with a lots of knowledge.
Productive work environment, lack of training
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 3, 2014
Average work environment with acceptable facilities. Learning is self started.
Ability to work on multiple projects at a time.
The hardest part of the job is the lack of direction at times and the change of assignments.
Coworkers may bring bagels or donuts at times, management may plan a group lunch or activity.
Fun place to work with great co-workers
Sr. Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: helping an insured or claimant through a difficult claim
Everyday was something and i continuously learned each day. It was a fast paced environment with a lot of multitasking, heavy phone and computer work. I had a wonderful supervisor who I learned everything from. Mercury was very family oriented and it was a joy being around my co-workers. I met some of my best friends at Mercury.
productive environment
Claims Supervisor (Current Employee), Camarillo, CAFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: casual dress code, ping pong tables
Cons: healthcare
Self motivated work environment.
Well trained employees.
The hardest part of the job is micro-managed environment.

About Mercury Insurance Group

When it comes to choosing an insurance company, we know consumers want the lowest price possible. But they also want the appropriate – Read more

Mercury Insurance Group Salaries