Mercury Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Great Company
Salvage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 26, 2016
Mercury is a great company they had to close or division and moved to CA.
Received Accredited Claims Adjuster license {All Lines} from University of Central Florida.
Management and co-workers were great.
Pros
great company
Cons
closed or division
Great place to work for
Claims Representative I (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 31, 2016
Thus is Great place to work for fun and very employee friendly . always charging great managers who are always willing to help you they live their employees.
Pros
Close nit family like
Cons
Hour changes
great work environment
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 17, 2016
An overall great company to work for, co-workers are very friendly and create a nice atmosphere. Able to learn something new everyday and have the motivation from management to always do the best work.
Mercury Insurance Group work experience
SIU Special Investigator II (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 10, 2016
My tenure at Mercury Insurance Group was a very positive and rewarding experience. The Job Work/Life Balance was always kept to maintainable & balanced position & management was very conscientious of it. Compensation/Benefits were very good at Mercury. Job Security/Advancement was unstable, as the company was no profitable in the State of Florida / Michigan / South Carolina & there were multiple lay offs over the past five years. Management was very good & knowledgable and training was always provided to employees.
Mercury Review
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJuly 27, 2016
To this day the benefits package I received at Mercury has remained unmatched. Combining that with my employers willingness to work with my schedule it was a very positive experience for me
Pros
Schedule allowances, great benefits package, pumping room for nursing mothers
Cons
more sick time would have been nice
Nice Company
Rental Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 16, 2016
Generally the company is a good employer. There have been internal changes that have led to large lay offs and salary cuts. The people are like family and there is an air of a team environment. They have great health benefits.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Lack of job security
A good place to work.
Salvage (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 7, 2016
I have held five different jobs here. My first job I had formal training, but I had on the job training afterwards. Over all, I enjoyed my time at this company. I had a very busy work load, that can be overwhelming at times. Some calls can be very stressful with unreasonable claimants or agents.
I learned to multi-task and how to control my time management.

Middle management and supervisors are fair, and they each have their own way of running things. Some are more supportive, some are more demanding.
Co-workers were very supportive, when they have time, and friendly.

Benefits are pretty good. Raises were not so good, but bonuses helped. Promotions were rare, so you have to keep your eyes open for opening jobs to apply for, if you wanted to advance.

The biggest draw back is that you never know when another downsizing will take place, and you may find yourself looking for another job.
Pros
Benefits, Bonus, Co-Workers, Casual Business Attire
Cons
Job security, Promotion potential, Work load
Great place to work.
Office Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 5, 2016
A typical day at work was fast-paced with heavy customer contact via telephone mostly. Occasionally, a customer would come into the office for urgent matters which were always resolved to the best of my capabilities. I learned how to deal with the public in a professional and courteous manner. Management was excellent and really cared about their employees.

The hardest part of the job was to deal with people in stressful situations. No one likes hearing that their car is a total loss or that they have to pay for part of a claim due to policy exclusions.

The most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying the customer and doing as much for them as possible.
Pros
Christmas bonuses, nice company atmosphere.
Cons
Heavy workload
Mercury is a great place to work
SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ANALYST/ LEAD (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 28, 2016
A typical day at work involved Service Now incident resolution, setting up test plans for QA, and implementing changes to production. I learned how to effectively manage my time in order to get the necessary changes implemented. Management was very accommodating at times, and there were times when I had to sacrifice vacations to achieve company goals. My co-workers made the job much easier to complete I was hired to take over applications that were manually intensive and discovered ways to automate them using the tools available; either VBA, DTS, SSIS, or Informatica. The most enjoyable part was when I was managing over 15 applications including key applications for Corporate Audit, Accounting, Actuaries, HR, Claims, and Underwriting.
Pros
Generous health benefits, Christmas Bonus, and an Underwriting bonus.
Cons
There is nothing I can say negative about my experience there.
Engaged management. Significant assistance with leads
Claims Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 20, 2016
Rapid growth of subprime and 125 mortgages left the bank overextended and operations were shut down. Management and coworkers were helpful in securing new loan prospects.
Interesting
Data Transcriber (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 6, 2016
A typical day at work involved me working on my computer at home, typing car accidents for insurance agencies. I learned how to listen and type very fluently at the same time, as well as learning how to multi-task. Management was fair, but this company gave this job to a company in India, which many people lost their job, including me. I did not have co-workers due to working at home. The hardest part of this job was the long hours, but the most enjoyable part of it was I learned how to type super fast.
Pros
Learning how to type fast, learning proper grammar
Cons
The trek to Brea to deliver my work
Reliable company to work for
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 11, 2016
I've learned numerous things over the years that I have worked for this company including computer, telephone, and communication skills. A typical day is very busy, I work with many outstanding co-workers. Hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult situations which include upset customers. However I do enjoy the pressure of being able to diffuse those situations, thanks to great leadership by management.
benefits
Cons
Property & casualty carrier who needs an updated version of the platform which is provided to the agencies
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAMay 6, 2016
A typical day involves visiting 4-5 agencies in an effort to engage them in quoting and writing the Mercury products offered in the state.
Training is also a large part of the day. Reviewing shortcuts on the platform for sales/service.
Relationship building with CSR's, Producers, management and the owners of the agency.
Writing reports
Gathering competitor information
Pros
Working independently, good benefits
Cons
A lack of profitability in PA
SIU Special Investigator II (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 3, 2016
Company financial hardship & my position was eliminated. Job atmosphere was enjoyable & they have additional employee benefits for those working inside the building.
Many changes ahead
Employee (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 2, 2016
The company is in a transition at this time in order to improve the entire company and be more competitive nationwide. The company has many dedicated people.
Great Company with advancement opportunities
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAApril 13, 2016
My job consists of daily phone calls to clients to resolve liability, ensure customer satisfaction with repairs, issue payments, determine liability, resolve injury claims, send out letters. The work atmosphere is relaxed and makes it easier to get work done. I have learned how to find efficient ways to solve problems on my own and to be independent in my day to day activities. I enjoy finding new ways to complete a task in a more efficient and timely manner.
Do you hate yourself and others around you? Join Up!
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 29, 2016
A typical day as an auto adjuster is showing up early to get to your desk to clock in on time. massive load of new claims throughout the day while also dealing with all the pending claims you have. Organization is outrageous as they transition from paper files to e-files and programs to run both. You will never have a free moment where you are not apologizing to someone or working erratically to try to catch up with your caseload.

When you call the insured parties for the most part they will be angry liars when and if you can find the responsible party as they may not answer any correspondence or have a insurance company that does not actually exist. Your insured may become rather irate at the slow pace of the claim for this discouraging fact.

Management and supervisors are not about helping you in the job and will berate you if you cannot make all your claims current by the end of the month. Easier said than done, especially if they also berate you for any overtime. Morale is terrible and the stress is putting people in an early grave, I guarantee it. The pay is sub-par for this but is the best thing about the job. The only one you help in this position is the company and they are never satisfied.

So to recap: The people you call will make you feel less than human, and management will too. You will pray to a higher power for the weekend to give a fleeting 48 hours of respite. Co-workers are like war buddies when you can speak with them on breaks.

I have worked for other superior insurance companies, and Mercury is no way to run a business. I do not regret in the
  more... slightest resigning from this position.  less
Pros
State mandated Breaks, Co-workers
Cons
Management, Workload, Insureds, Terrible Morale, Company Culture
Employee satisfaction
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  United StatesMarch 25, 2016
Employee satisfaction is below average. Lack of teamwork and management support. Over the years many changes which have hurt growth.
Awesome
Senior Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Home in Charlotte TxMarch 16, 2016
A typical day would involve seeing several insurance agents and doing some training and informing them of what Mercury had to offer them. On some days I would attended a luncheon for agents or a seminar or even put on a CE class.
Pros
Setting my own schedule for the day
Not good
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 4, 2016
not good. The company only cares about numbers, not it's employees.

The company expects you to hit your "goals" every year but doesnt tell you what your "goals" are until February or March. However you are still expected to him them for Jan, Feb, March even though you didnt know what they were/are.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercury Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.