Mercury Insurance Group

Mercury Insurance Group Employer Reviews

productive environment
Claims Supervisor (Current Employee), Camarillo, CAFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: casual dress code, ping pong tables
Cons: healthcare
Self motivated work environment.
Well trained employees.
The hardest part of the job is micro-managed environment.
Very busy office
Support Specialist I & II (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAJanuary 20, 2014
Very busy paper office, heavy filing, agent phone calls, I learned many things while working here. Management is great
Extremely monitored work environment with minimal room for growth
Underwriter (Former Employee), Brea, CAJanuary 18, 2014
Extremely monitored work environment with minimal room for growth. Day to day work flow is supervised and tracked.
Great Job, gained insurance related knowledge
Management Trainee Intern (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CADecember 19, 2013
Everyday was different with the balance of work, home, and school. I was greatly appreciative of my co-workers that made my day-to-day responsibilities enjoyable. I'm a hard worker and this, along with my other past jobs, proves how hard a worker I truly am.
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CADecember 11, 2013
Pros: health insurance
Cons: breaks, and lunches
In this company I was with a temp agency it was not to hire I was helping in the mail room assorting mail from life, car, home insurance making sure payments were on time and for a full payment
Don't be fooled
Claims (Former Employee), RanchoDecember 2, 2013
Cons: self created stressful job
The company is not a fair or secure position. The company allows the "you scratch my back" motto in the companies benefit. The company allows managers to self appoint micro management and let's them do what they want, even if it goes against the company rules. Then if bring it up, they will find ways to release you to avoid a whistle blowing law suit. – more... They create a hostile and stressful environment and all they say is "it's job security".
The sad thing is that the CEO/Hr dept and the owner is aware of how horrible the employees are treated and don't do anything about it.
They pay less then other companies at least $10k a year less and are given work of a work load and just says oh well.....
Don't apply or work there !!!!!! – less
Casual environment
Manager, MBP Underwriting and Administration (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 22, 2013
Upper Management not very transparent which leads to low staff moral.
stressful
Sr. Underwriting Specialist and Web Support Lead (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 21, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: management
very stressful not knowing if your job will be there the next day
Hard work, but rewarding
Claims Manager (Former Employee), Folsom CANovember 4, 2013
Upper management often had knee jerk reactions to issues that were isolated.
Was a good job
Small Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Folsom, CASeptember 29, 2013
Mercury was a good job to work for, until they laid off almost half of their staff in 2011. The people were okay, most of the time they were stressed out.
Fun workplace and very employee friendly
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 28, 2013
Mercury is a fun and detail orientated workplace. They are goal orientated and have alot of room for advancement. We take claim calls for auto and home owner polices.
A nurturing environment for learning to resolve claims.
Senior bodily injury adjuster (Former Employee), Brea, CASeptember 17, 2013
Pros: christmas bonus and underwriting bonus
Telephone adjuster resolving auto claims. Also worked in the coverage unit to determine if coverage should apply to the loss.
I also worked in the Vernon Hills, Illinois office gaining experience in the midwest.
Mertcury Insurance was awesome
Senior Support for Mercury Gulfcoast Branch (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLAugust 5, 2013
Pros: big family
Cons: the long drive to work
I had a great Manager with many fine people to work with.
Things would have continued .... An upper level Vice President wanted to splinter off from Mercury to start another company .
Kaos reigned and many people were laid off to down-size the company .I truly miss that Company.
I arrived early to get my branch ready for a full day of calls and claims. – more... Checks had to be printed and distributed to the adjusters for claim payment .I was in charge of KRONOS, the software for lateness and attendance. My team had 2 other support people and they reported to me and had separate dutys that I oversaw ...
Fileing and Supplys and Meetings to prepare for .
Many others Teams and Floors to work with and help each other .
There were 5 Branches in all, in the Building . – less
A great company
Subrogation Specialist I (Former Employee), Brea, CAJuly 22, 2013
Pros: advancement opportunities, competitive salary and benefits
Cons: heavy workload, communication issues
Mercury Insurance provided a number of opportunities for advancement and education. When originally hired, I knew virtually nothing about auto insurance. I learned quite a bit about the industry and enjoyed my work at-large.

The only negative I can think of is about the level of communication between departments. Customers were often told one thing – more... by claims that contradicted procedure of another department. – less
Benefits
Support Specialist (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAJune 22, 2013
Pros: benefits, compensation, nice building, friendly staff, advancement.
Cons: short lunch break, mircomanagement
Mercury Insurance offers great insurance benefits for both you and your family. The compensation is also a great benefit. Most of the departments are micromanagement however like other work places there are always the good and bad.
Great Company
Personal Lines Senior Underwriter/Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 13, 2013
Small group in Georgia office most productive per person as compared to other offices around the country.
A very nice place to work
Underwriter (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILMay 28, 2013
I was employed at Mercury Insurance for 10 years. The culture is very laid back. There is a relaxed dress code where an employee may wear jeans daily. Collared shirts to sweatshirts are acceptable. The co-workers I worked with were all amazing. Helpful, kind, and knowledgeable. The most enjoyable part of being employed there was that everyone in the – more... office was competent and friendly. In 10 years, I learned the core values of underwriting. Mercury is a company with solid underwriting values. – less
Little Opportunity for Advancement
Subrogation (Former Employee), Latham, NYMay 20, 2013
Pros: very relaxed work enviornment, casual dress.
Cons: poor commication between management, very limited opportunity for advancement, unhealthy work enviornment.
A typical day at work consisted of sitting in a cubicle and sharing common office equipment. There was no training when I started. I had a great supervisor and liked all of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was not having the proper systems and tools needed to perform my job to the best of my ability. The most enjoyable part of the job was – more... being allowed to work in a relaxed work setting. The communication between the Corporate Office and the Branch Offices was extremely poor and delayed. If you were not working out of the California office, you were an afterthought. – less
fun enviorment
Bilingual Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLMay 11, 2013
had to assist in creative ways to continue billing. assist bilingual customers with processing payments. hardest part was going to multiple managements.

May 16, 2013

I'm reaching out to former and current employees at the Clearwater, FL Office, where I have applied for positions numerous times. I have even entertained the thought of just arriving in person at the office in attempt to speak with someone in HR. However, the thought of being escorted out by security prevents that. In all sseriousness though, I am hoping that I may an opportunity to get past the front door and have an opportunity for an interview. Any suggestions??

strong company
Total Loss Claim Rep (Former Employee), FloridaApril 30, 2013
Work up files for each involved party, Florida, New York, New Jersey
Review claim for liability and insure that insured/claimants vehicle is a total loss
Evaluate the damages to insured/claimant vehicle and determine value
Companies that are used to determine value CCC, Kelly Blue Book, NADA, and others
Once vehicle is determined a total loss per Florida – more... Statues and/Policy Limits an offer is made.
Negotiate settlements.
Process storage and removal of total loss vehicles
Send file to salvage to process
Trained new and additional Salvage Reps
Salvage Rep May 2003-Dec 2004
Handled salvage for Florida, New York, New Jersey, and George
Ensure that vehicle has been moved to approved facility or salvage yard
Ensure that title and proper paperwork has been received from involved parties and/or Lien holder
Process all titles into Companies name
Negotiate sale of salvage vehicles with Salvage Yard (Auction)
Issue payments to necessary facilities and process salvage payments from vehicles proceeds
Send files to proper department for continuation or close files. – less

May 13, 2013

How can a company be strong when it has had 3 massive laid offs? Please enlight me, unless the laid offs posted on the web are not true

About Mercury Insurance Group

Named after the Roman god of commerce and travel, Mercury General hopes to combine the two. The company is the parent of a group – Read more

Mercury Insurance Group Photos