Mercury Insurance Group

Mercury Insurance Group United States Employee Reviews

Streesful / poorly managed workplace
Claims (Current Employee), Bridgewater, NJApril 8, 2014
Cons: poor management, workflow, pay
I read the reviews all 59 of them, I don't know about the other Mercury Insurance offices but let me tell you about the Bridgewater NJ office. Lets start with the management they lack any kind of social skills, professionalism, couth, and are poor at their jobs, they will lie to save themselves and treat their employees poorly .Instead of management helping the employees they set them up to crash and burn. I learned this shortly after I came back from training which was also a joke. They send you to CA or FLA for 6 weeks and when you come back you know nothing about the NJ process and need to learn how to work a desk with 2 different systems and the management believes that you should know what to do. The work flow is ridiculous the pay is subpar compared to other insurance companies out there. The employees are overworked over stressed and treated poorly and higher management and HR does nothing about it. As far as the people who work there everyone gets along.
Great Company
Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLApril 7, 2014
This job is a Monday through Friday 8 to 5 position.
Great benefits and great employee appreciation.
Management is very kind and will help you with anything they can. HR is excellent and on top of any given situation.
Good and Bad
Policy Examiner (Former Employee), Brea, CAMarch 26, 2014
Good place to work. Good benefits, poor pay. Management needs to change culture.
Relased environment good place to work
Support Tech (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJMarch 10, 2014
Pros: fun place to work great co-workers close to home great hours
pick up sort and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail typing and research all insurance information needed for insurance agents filing and distributing all request in a timely fashion
love it
SALVAGE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), BreaMarch 4, 2014
love it!! love what i do.

the people are great. its a family oriented company
A great place to work if you want a real challenge.
Office Adjuster (Former Employee), Brea, CAFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch 2x a month and 45 min lunches dailey.
Cons: no advancement to different arenas if you started in claims.
A typical day at work would be having claims assigned while returning calls left after 430pm from the previous day, while resolving issues and complaints. I learned I can really multi task and after working here I can do any job I set my mind to. Immediate Manger had an open door policy and was open to suggestions as well as supervisors. Co-workers were fun when not stressed out. The hardest part of the job is not being able to please everyone involved in auto accident. The best part was teaching people about their insurance policies,
Incredible people and company
Business Analyst (Former Employee), OklahomaFebruary 14, 2014
Very friendly and intelligent group with a lots of knowledge.
Productive work environment, lack of training
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 3, 2014
Average work environment with acceptable facilities. Learning is self started.
Ability to work on multiple projects at a time.
The hardest part of the job is the lack of direction at times and the change of assignments.
Coworkers may bring bagels or donuts at times, management may plan a group lunch or activity.
Fun place to work with great co-workers
Sr. Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: helping an insured or claimant through a difficult claim
Everyday was something and i continuously learned each day. It was a fast paced environment with a lot of multitasking, heavy phone and computer work. I had a wonderful supervisor who I learned everything from. Mercury was very family oriented and it was a joy being around my co-workers. I met some of my best friends at Mercury.
productive environment
Claims Supervisor (Current Employee), Camarillo, CAFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: casual dress code, ping pong tables
Cons: healthcare
Self motivated work environment.
Well trained employees.
The hardest part of the job is micro-managed environment.
Very busy office
Support Specialist I & II (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAJanuary 20, 2014
Very busy paper office, heavy filing, agent phone calls, I learned many things while working here. Management is great
Extremely monitored work environment with minimal room for growth
Underwriter (Former Employee), Brea, CAJanuary 18, 2014
Extremely monitored work environment with minimal room for growth. Day to day work flow is supervised and tracked.
Great Job, gained insurance related knowledge
Management Trainee Intern (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CADecember 19, 2013
Everyday was different with the balance of work, home, and school. I was greatly appreciative of my co-workers that made my day-to-day responsibilities enjoyable. I'm a hard worker and this, along with my other past jobs, proves how hard a worker I truly am.
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CADecember 11, 2013
Pros: health insurance
Cons: breaks, and lunches
In this company I was with a temp agency it was not to hire I was helping in the mail room assorting mail from life, car, home insurance making sure payments were on time and for a full payment
Don't be fooled
Claims (Former Employee), RanchoDecember 2, 2013
Cons: self created stressful job
The company is not a fair or secure position. The company allows the "you scratch my back" motto in the companies benefit. The company allows managers to self appoint micro management and let's them do what they want, even if it goes against the company rules. Then if bring it up, they will find ways to release you to avoid a whistle blowing law suit. They create a hostile and stressful environment and all they say is "it's job security".
The sad thing is that the CEO/Hr dept and the owner is aware of how horrible the employees are treated and don't do anything about it.
They pay less then other companies at least $10k a year less and are given work of a work load and just says oh well.....
Don't apply or work there !!!!!!
Casual environment
Manager, MBP Underwriting and Administration (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 22, 2013
Upper Management not very transparent which leads to low staff moral.
stressful
Sr. Underwriting Specialist and Web Support Lead (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 21, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: management
very stressful not knowing if your job will be there the next day
Hard work, but rewarding
Claims Manager (Former Employee), Folsom CANovember 4, 2013
Upper management often had knee jerk reactions to issues that were isolated.
Was a good job
Small Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Folsom, CASeptember 29, 2013
Mercury was a good job to work for, until they laid off almost half of their staff in 2011. The people were okay, most of the time they were stressed out.
Fun workplace and very employee friendly
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 28, 2013
Mercury is a fun and detail orientated workplace. They are goal orientated and have alot of room for advancement. We take claim calls for auto and home owner polices.

About Mercury Insurance Group

When it comes to choosing an insurance company, we know consumers want the lowest price possible. But they also want the appropriate – Read more

Mercury Insurance Group Salaries