Mercury Marine

Mercury Marine Employer Reviews

Productive shipping and receiving process
Forklift Operator/Dock Worker (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 10, 2014
I work as a shipping clerk and I have learned a lot about the process here and obtained a lot of forklift experience. I have worked with some great people and gained great experiences.
Union Shop
CNC Operator (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 4, 2014
Most employees don't want to work for Mercury Marine because of the contract that went sour back in 2009. Most of the people that work here have been here for a while no longer make working for the company enjoyable.
No place for full time students
Paint Technician (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WINovember 11, 2013
Typical day with assembly line mentality.
Very little opportunities for advancement based on individual skills and talents.
ok
High lift driver (Former Employee), Fond du lac wiNovember 4, 2013
Pros: the fast pac of the job
Cons: didnt like who the boss laughed everything off
the work day can be long and really didn't learn a lot because you couldn't find a lot of people to ask for help. Co workers are wonderful and some are nice. The hardest part is when you tried to talk to your boss and nothing gets done and not them understanding family problems that dose not deal with work. And the most enjoyable part I would say working – more... with the people I worked with and always having fun with them – less
Excellent work environment in regards to being supported by management. Teamwork is alive and well and allows for personnel growth.
OEM Sales Team Leader (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKOctober 24, 2013
Mercury Marine is customer focused just as well as being employee focused. Mercury Marine management coaches and allows employees to grow into their jobs and focus on allowing one to push themselves to the next level of learning in order to advance in the company.

Co-workers are educated and work focused persons who want to succeed on a daily basis – more... as a team.

The management team is cultured and continually working on process improvements and take excellent care of the employees. – less
factory position
Machine Technician (Former Employee), fond du lac wiSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: a job
Cons: short breaks, little employee appreciation from managers
its a factory, expect to put in your time and go home. employees are a number in the factory setting. little growth opportunity
Fun work place, safe enviroment, learning enviroment
Assembler/Tester (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, FLAugust 1, 2013
Pros: wokring with my co-workers
Cons: short break time
I really liked working at Mercury Marine because ALL of my co-workers were so friendly, we all got along together & every night we would work together as a team to get as many parts build as we can correctly. In one of our break rooms we had table games, television, allot of space & so much more. Almost every night ran smoothly, Management was ok can't – more... really complain much about it. I learned to build a certain product we were assembling, how it works, how we must be very careful in assembling everything together. The hardest part of this job was just making our goal for the night. The most enjoyable would be assembling the product itself while working with my co-workers. – less
Productive and friendly work places, excise every few hours with a table game in the breakroom
Solderer/Production/Assembler (Current Employee), FLApril 14, 2013
Cons: a little to far and pay isnt that good for the distance
work Monday-Friday 7am to 3:30pm lots of overtime
Solder boards and wires, Assembles products, stock shelves
management is very good
co-workers are very friendly
I liked taking of the residents.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIApril 7, 2013
Pros: loved doing my job knowing the residents were taken care of.
Cons: management
I liked working with my co-workers and taking care of the residents that lived there, but management was out for the money not there well being.
This company was diverse in the many products it produced for a world-wide client base.
Machine Operator/Machinist (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 28, 2013
This company was a fast-paced, no-nonsense type of company who produced the finest boat motors in the world.
mercury
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: nothing
Very active and detail orientated. great place to work. great people to work with.
Operations Manager
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 19, 2013
Responsible for profit and loss of $6 million captive and commercial heat treat plant, including sales, pricing/estimating, purchasing, quality, production, safety, maintenance, equipment and capital expenditures. Led staff of 35.
Accomplishments

Implemented Lean Six Sigma and improved direct workforce productivity 6% over prior 10 year average and – more... reduced plant expenses 14%.
Upgraded furnaces which achieved 1 year payback on investment, reduced annual energy cost by $19,000, reduced process variation 15%, and improved production uptime from 70% to 98%.
Introduced 5S techniques which reduced average product turns from 9 days to 4 and reduced WIP inventory by 50%.
Leveraged the Kaizen process to establish preventative maintenance program which reduced maintenance inventory cost and saved $102,000 within the first year.
Secured $375,000 sales contract and increased revenue from scrap sales by 21%. – less
Awesome place to work!
Field Sales (Former Employee), Fond du Lac,WI.February 5, 2013
Pros: loving your job that it never felt like work!
Cons: extensive travelling at times.
Retired employee: Working for a company in the recreational products business is awesome. Mercury Marine always treated me fairly.With the exception of an occasional new manager over the many years of my employment you would have no reason to complain. They always seen the issues with new employees/managers and corrected them. Every day was challenging – more... to meet the needs of the customer and company goals but the training and staff support was always there. The tough times were few in comparison to all the great times of my employment.
I was amazed how the union employees were able to see struggles of the cyclical business environment and always work with and support the companies goals to succeed. I do miss the every day interaction with the employees and the great dealer and customer base. Keep it up Merc! – less
its a great place to work
assembil line (Former Employee), WIDecember 10, 2012
Pros: the people there r nice u gets lots of hour
Cons: need longer breaks
u have to be ready to stall for long time i learnd some good and successful things.
Good to work with
Programmer Analyst (One Project) (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIOctober 27, 2012
Good place to work with. Fond Du Lac is a place with a very slow pace. It was a very large scale project and had multiple challenging elements to it.
Not what it used to be. Poor moral and dedication
Quality Technician/Assembly (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIOctober 18, 2012
Work is repetishis, employees complain alot. The pay sucks along with the union dues. Other than that they seem to be growing and moving in the right direction. This place keeps FDL growing...
Nice people who work well together
Assembler II (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIAugust 16, 2012
Co workers are wonderful, Supervisor is fair. Hardest part of the job is the likeliness of injuring yourself. It hurts my back and legs
MY DAY ON A JOB
ASSEMBLER (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, FLJuly 26, 2012
Pros: pot lucks, drawings, great people to work with
Cons: short breaks, giving wrong instruction sheet
SAFETY,SMILES,AND FRIENDLY IS MANDATORY I GO ON ANY JOB TO WORK WHAT YOU PUT IN A JOB IS WHAT YOU GET OUT OF IT.AND I WANT A JOB WHERE I'M WELCOME,PEOPLE ARE FRIENDLY, MY WORK FAMILY AWAY FROM HOME
Decent workplace
Assembler (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIJune 26, 2012
Pros: steady work scedule, cafeteria, clean
Cons: union
I worked first shift so my average day started at 7 AM. We would come in, do some stretches and get right to work. One day a week we would have a department wide meeting where any safety issues were addressed. I would say this was a very simple job. The management was alright, although they didnt seem to have much to do with the non-salaried workers. – more... The only downside to this job was a deal they made with their union. People could work there for a year or more and not be a part of the union or have full benefits, while still paying union dues. – less
Over worked
Inventory Management (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKApril 10, 2012
While I was present, many employees were pressured to work over time.

About Mercury Marine

Like the mythical messenger, Mercury┬áMarine┬áraces. It is the world's #1 recreational marine-engine maker and marketer (by sales – Read more