Mercury Marine Employee Reviews

Lack of fairness
Product Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIOctober 13, 2017
Unfortunately, this company is more about who you know than what you know, and who you are. You can be a top performer and go nowhere. The benefits and pay are fair, but that's about it.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poor management
Mercury Marine
Boat Mechanic and Driver-Product Development Team (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLOctober 11, 2017
It's fun stuff, I would be advised that there are a few people at the location in Panama City that will do anything they can to keep there little circle together. Great company, Great area to live, but the manager is two faced and lacks true integrity.
Fast paced and very productive enviornment.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIOctober 10, 2017
Worked on the Transom Line where I built and installed brake lines onto units. I also worked in the warehouse picking orders. I learned and was certified to drive an order picker.
Pros
Worked with Supervisors and other who would always take time to answer questions and helpout.
Cons
Mandatory overtime sometimes disrupted life at home.
working at Mercury
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, FL 34769September 20, 2017
i enjoyed working with my hands building electronic boards and other products. I cared about the quality and when i worked second shift i taught my group. My manager did not like it when i told her the truth or what was on my mind so she had me laid off. In 9 years i had 4 managers and the last was the only one i had problems with. I always had good reviews
Pros
good salary
Cons
poor managers
Bad environment
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WISeptember 14, 2017
Mercury is a very stressful job. I don't advise anyone to work there. Management is very poor. They don't care about employees and no incentives to keep going. I hated it there.
Excelent place to work
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WISeptember 10, 2017
World Headquarters of Mercury Marine Fond du Lac is a great place to work. Great benefits, great people and easy jobs. Always using the latest technology on the assembly lines and machine shop.
Pros
good pay
Cons
fast pace
As a contract employee
Warehouse Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WISeptember 7, 2017
This is not a great place to work when you are a contract employee. The room for advancement is very minimal at best. You don't get any benefits the training provided is not adequate unless you are a self taught person and they by pass you for permanent placement based on keeping you as a contract employee.
Bad relax between management and union
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIAugust 14, 2017
I worked here shortly after the company forced the union to renegotiate their contact, in which the union had to make several concessions, so there were many angry or bitter employees. It's hard to get past that for a while
Pros
40 hours without much need for overtime
Cons
Bad work environment, my position was required to have union membership, but had no union benefits due to "temporary" classification
exciting place to work with friendly people.
Production Technician Specialist/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIAugust 7, 2017
Very exciting place to work, with friendly people and upper management. There is a place to exercise and it is very productive workplace. Cross Training and advancement
Pros
good benefits, and job advancement
Cons
Non that I can think of
got to do lots of traveling meet people from all over the country
Shipping and Receiving, Sales (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIAugust 3, 2017
answer phone calls from customers make sure their orders got out on a timely manner. I learned shipping receiving sales interacting with customers driving truck management was great in the beginning then after several years we purchased another company and management changed and we did things entirely different. Fast paced , customer is always right. The hardest was changing the way we did things after many years of doing it another way. The most enjoyable part was all the travel and making friends all over the country.
Pros
Good benefits paid sick time paid vacation paid holidays
Was a good place until my management changed
Warehouse Operations Supprt (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIAugust 3, 2017
Was a good place until the new Director changed for our business unit. Regardless of how much experience you had, he refused to listen. He came across as very arrogant and conceded.
Fast-paced workplace
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJuly 31, 2017
I worked 8 hours a day, learned two stations in my time there and management were good people. The culture was diverse, and the hardest past was trying to get more overtime. The enjoyable part was turning the workplace fun for everyone and myself.
Pros
Connecting with the people and the speed.
Cons
The hours
Friendly work environment
Advertising Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJuly 26, 2017
I would go through boat dealer ads and make sure they only used Mercury motors in their advertising and then apply accrued money to their accounts. I would also answer questions that they would have on their accounts and scan paperwork into computer. I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Pros
I enjoyed my job
Cons
There was always that fear that you would be laid off
Mercury Marine
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJuly 14, 2017
The pay was not bad and the hours were okay but i was not a fan of management.
The work environment could be better.... regardless whether it was a factory or not it could have been cleaner.
fun aptmosphere learn alot about marine motors
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJuly 10, 2017
It is a great place to work but pay scale is way to low starting out and takes to long to make good money.They have great Insurance and benefits,and most the people are great to work with.
Pros
Hours and Union are great.
Cons
Pay scale to low starting.
excellent place to work for
Material Technician/ Machinist (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJune 29, 2017
Was an excellent place before I got laid off. things changed afterward from people I new . pay was exceptional , then went down for reasons . many opportunities to go places at this company, machinist , material handling, in which I did both, assembly and more.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
high lay off record
values outdoor recreation, but has "he said-she said" mentality between departments.
international direct purchasing intern (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJune 27, 2017
I only worked in one department, but it seemed to me that there was a lot of blame thrown onto different departments we worked with, causing animosity between departments that worked together
Great Company to Work for
Marketing Coordinator Internship (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 19, 2017
This company is the most flexible, caring, fun company to work for. I highly recommend it if you are going to stay in Wisconsin. The interview was easy and the employees are amazing. I am so happy that I experienced an internship here.
Good Management
Assembly Technician Two (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJune 13, 2017
Good management, Ok pay.
Not a bad place to work, Plenty of overtime if you desire.
Co workers are willing to help and teach new employees how to perform the jobs they are hired for.
Good work culture
ERP QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 13, 2017
Had a very good experience working and learnt a lot. The working culture is very good. A very friendly environment. Its a mix all different cultures.