Mercury Marine Employee Reviews

High Stress profit driven work situation
General Manager, Latin America & Caribbean (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 13, 2015
Fortune 500 company heavily focused on quarter to quarter results. Constant pressure to achieve monthly and quarterly sales and earnings targets.
Pros
Large company, financially strong, excellent benefits
Cons
Highly political, very bureaucratic
Mercury Marine
Assembly Tech II (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WINovember 19, 2015
Great company for advancement from the line to supervisors and managers. Great product to work on boat motors on a j-hook line or block line to apply parts. Sideling parts restocked by co-workers from warehouse.
Cons
Great healthcare benefits.
Great place to learn a trade
Assembler and tester (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, FLMay 11, 2016
I only worked there for 15 months and learned a lot of different things like flow solder process. Management was sort of fun and open. I got along with just about everybody. Was learning molding the machine was faster than me. Was having talks with management to improve some of the steps of a process.
Pros
just learning more in the manufacturing field .
Cons
can be hot inside without a fan or two
great skills for a job
Assembler Technician (Former Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 13, 2016
Typical day, enjoyable
Learned various jobs
Management, decent
Learning various positions
The hardest was leaving
Most enjoyable was learning various jobs at the company
Pros
overtime, benefits, Co meetings
Cons
having to have a bank account, paying union dues
Good while it lasted
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKSeptember 10, 2016
This company was wonderful until they left. It was hard work but very rewarding. I wish they would have stayed and not left Oklahoma.
Pros
great people, wonderful work environment, fast pace
Cons
they moved out of state, did not care much about temp employees
great work place and environment
DYE CAST (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 5, 2016
great people to work around good environment steady work nice people good pay friendly people work area was great. pay was good nice place to work for in any conditions. great management. I was treated with respect.
Pros
good lunch breaks
Cons
good benefits
No air conditioner and very hot
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, FLAugust 31, 2016
the people were great and helpful but no such a great to work. they expect you to do so much for so little money. they have huge fans but it is not enough. your are sweating while you are working
Pros
great people
Cons
Very Hot
good place to learn and advance
Assembly Technician II (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJuly 14, 2016
I would help and work 1 or many stations to help line move along at a steady pace in the assembly of marine motors. I learned and knew about 100 job stations on 4 assembly lines and 1 paint line
Great Place to Work.
Production Planner/Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, FLJune 1, 2016
Enjoyed my time there. Very Sad when I was laid off. I drove 180 miles, round trip every day. Worked in the Molding Area, Scheduled 26 Machines. Daily MRP messages were the Basic function of job.
Pros
A lot of nice people work there.
Collaboration on Optimization of Compressed Air System
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIMay 28, 2016
Data analysis of current operating system.
Perform Leak test to estimate energy costs induced from leaks.
Generate report of data and conclusions.
Pros
Engineering Experience
Cons
Time period

Want to know more about Mercury Marine?

Ask a question
Productive line
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fond du lac,WIAugust 5, 2015
Nice work once you get the hang of things, but no loyalty displayed to workers who have shown dedication and exceeds expectations.
Pros
compensation
Cons
scheduling, bidding process, Supervisors
Decent workplace
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJune 26, 2012
I worked first shift so my average day started at 7 AM. We would come in, do some stretches and get right to work. One day a week we would have a department wide meeting where any safety issues were addressed. I would say this was a very simple job. The management was alright, although they didnt seem to have much to do with the non-salaried workers. The only downside to this job was a deal they made with their union. People could work there for a year or more and not be a part of the union or have full benefits, while still paying union dues.
Pros
steady work scedule, cafeteria, clean
Cons
union
Learned something new everyday.
Shipping and Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 8, 2016
Busy at work all day long working on sales orders and setting them up to be picked and loaded on to trailers and containers. Answered calls and emails all day for customers setting pick up appointments. Did scanning and logging of all loads that were set-up and then made contact on a daily basis with the trucking companies.
Unlike anything I had ever experienced, not a good match for me.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WISeptember 23, 2014
I have been raised to be honest as well as to not say anything if what you have to say is not good. I guess I would prefer to just say management skills were different then anything I had ever worked with so the company and I agreed we were just not a good match.
Pros
benifits
Cons
management styles.
Middle of the pack medium sized manufacturing company
Manufacturing Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJuly 26, 2015
Variety of new product introductions over the last 3-4 years have created a more challenging work environment and maintains the relevancy and in many categories, the leadership of the company in the market place. Hourly wages are now a two tiered system so a lot of turnover of newer employees. Management sometimes does not provide good strategic direction. Career may become stagnant here as they don't try to develop their employees
Material Tech IV (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJanuary 5, 2016
Enjoyed working @ Merc, loved my job, stayed busy, new the job well, helped train fellow employees, great attendance, mind my own business, treat fellow employees like I would like to be treated. Enjoyed a full day of work, felt accomplished at the end of the day.
Pros
Was treated to lunches and gifts.
Cons
some employees coulnd't mind there own business
Mercury Marine provided a good work life balance.
Customer Care Team Leader - Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJuly 22, 2015
Mercury Marine's entire staff (management and co-workers) are all extremely compassionate about the products they sell and the services they provide. In my role as Customer Care Team Lead, Customer Service was my highest priority, both internally and externally, which gave me the greatest job satisfaction.
Pros
Good work life balance
I would reccomend this job to someone who is starting out
Support Technician II (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJuly 16, 2015
It was a job, the pay was average. The most difficult part of the job was the harassment from employees. Despite my complaints there was nothing done to make my working environment feel comfortable. I did learn a lot about the industry. The job was easy although the number of quality issues became frustrating. I did get along with my coworkers, the people that had been there for 20+ years were very stuck in their ways and anytime there were changes implanted they complained profusely, mocked newer employees and intimidated them. That was the most difficult part of my position.
Pros
overtime was plentiful
Cons
little room for advancement
a good company to work for
Machinist Tech (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIAugust 10, 2015
they do a lot of on the job training, The pay is decent and the jobs aren't that bad. the coworkers are nice. the management can be hard to bear at times.
Pros
the paycheck
Cons
the schedule
Generally a good place to work. Good People and benefits are reasonable
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac WIMarch 16, 2015
Mercury Marine is a good company. It has high standards for both employee and product. Their weakest area is in some of the management personal they employ. These management personal should have stronger people and communication skills. Work environment is good, it is relatively clean place and for most part the average worker is motivated and performs at a high level. As a maintenance person, the challenges are significant and there is plenty of diversification. Mercury Marine is a world class company, and those who have the opportunity to work there should be proud of their association with the company.
Pros
high standards
Cons
weak in some management