Mercury Marine

Mercury Marine Employer Reviews

Unlike anything I had ever experienced, not a good match for me.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WISeptember 23, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: management styles.
I have been raised to be honest as well as to not say anything if what you have to say is not good. I guess I would prefer to just say management skills were different then anything I had ever worked with so the company and I agreed we were just not a good match.
Great co workers
Layout Tech (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIAugust 22, 2014
Pros: good pay.
Cons: work three out of four weekends.
Mercury had assembled some really fine talent that made it a joy to work there. Most of the day consisted of loading parts onto the CMM but it could vary depending on the day. I learned a lot about CMM's and CMM software, especially Zeiss and PCDIMIS.
Nice place to work - treat you well
Curriculum Developer (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIJuly 28, 2014
Pros: decent people
Cons: slow to change
Nice people, decent managers. Slow to change, have to be proactive about your career.
Great Culture
Materials Specialist Intern (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIJuly 8, 2014
Great place to work, working with co-workers to accomplish tasks
I got to see alot of my friends I went to High School with.
Cashier (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIMay 8, 2014
Pros: seeing and helping the employees i went to high school with.
Cons: my manager at that time got caught with embezellment.
I enjoyed selling breakfast and lunch to employees. I had alotta fun, but due to medical reasons, I had to resign.
Challenging place to work at with continues change
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMay 6, 2014
- Busy environment
- The daily challenges were the most enjoyable
- Great group with lots of talent
- lack of support was hardest part of the job
Decent Company
Document Control and Training Coordinator (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIMay 1, 2014
Decent pay, company, hours, and otherwise. Coworkers are decent as well.
Good place, new equipment, great people
Calibration & Test Engineer (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIMarch 10, 2014
What can I say, Great place to work. Engineering is modern with some of the best test equipment I have ever seen even compare to the auto industry. People were great to work with. Wish I could be back there
Productive shipping and receiving process
Forklift Operator/Dock Worker (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 10, 2014
I work as a shipping clerk and I have learned a lot about the process here and obtained a lot of forklift experience. I have worked with some great people and gained great experiences.
Union Shop
CNC Operator (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 4, 2014
Most employees don't want to work for Mercury Marine because of the contract that went sour back in 2009. Most of the people that work here have been here for a while no longer make working for the company enjoyable.
No place for full time students
Paint Technician (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WINovember 11, 2013
Typical day with assembly line mentality.
Very little opportunities for advancement based on individual skills and talents.
ok
High lift driver (Former Employee), Fond du lac wiNovember 4, 2013
Pros: the fast pac of the job
Cons: didnt like who the boss laughed everything off
the work day can be long and really didn't learn a lot because you couldn't find a lot of people to ask for help. Co workers are wonderful and some are nice. The hardest part is when you tried to talk to your boss and nothing gets done and not them understanding family problems that dose not deal with work. And the most enjoyable part I would say working – more... with the people I worked with and always having fun with them – less
Excellent work environment in regards to being supported by management. Teamwork is alive and well and allows for personnel growth.
OEM Sales Team Leader (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKOctober 24, 2013
Mercury Marine is customer focused just as well as being employee focused. Mercury Marine management coaches and allows employees to grow into their jobs and focus on allowing one to push themselves to the next level of learning in order to advance in the company.

Co-workers are educated and work focused persons who want to succeed on a daily basis – more... as a team.

The management team is cultured and continually working on process improvements and take excellent care of the employees. – less
factory position
Machine Technician (Former Employee), fond du lac wiSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: a job
Cons: short breaks, little employee appreciation from managers
its a factory, expect to put in your time and go home. employees are a number in the factory setting. little growth opportunity
Fun work place, safe enviroment, learning enviroment
Assembler/Tester (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, FLAugust 1, 2013
Pros: wokring with my co-workers
Cons: short break time
I really liked working at Mercury Marine because ALL of my co-workers were so friendly, we all got along together & every night we would work together as a team to get as many parts build as we can correctly. In one of our break rooms we had table games, television, allot of space & so much more. Almost every night ran smoothly, Management was ok can't – more... really complain much about it. I learned to build a certain product we were assembling, how it works, how we must be very careful in assembling everything together. The hardest part of this job was just making our goal for the night. The most enjoyable would be assembling the product itself while working with my co-workers. – less
Productive and friendly work places, excise every few hours with a table game in the breakroom
Solderer/Production/Assembler (Current Employee), FLApril 14, 2013
Cons: a little to far and pay isnt that good for the distance
work Monday-Friday 7am to 3:30pm lots of overtime
Solder boards and wires, Assembles products, stock shelves
management is very good
co-workers are very friendly
I liked taking of the residents.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIApril 7, 2013
Pros: loved doing my job knowing the residents were taken care of.
Cons: management
I liked working with my co-workers and taking care of the residents that lived there, but management was out for the money not there well being.
This company was diverse in the many products it produced for a world-wide client base.
Machine Operator/Machinist (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 28, 2013
This company was a fast-paced, no-nonsense type of company who produced the finest boat motors in the world.
mercury
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: nothing
Very active and detail orientated. great place to work. great people to work with.
Operations Manager
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 19, 2013
Responsible for profit and loss of $6 million captive and commercial heat treat plant, including sales, pricing/estimating, purchasing, quality, production, safety, maintenance, equipment and capital expenditures. Led staff of 35.
Accomplishments

Implemented Lean Six Sigma and improved direct workforce productivity 6% over prior 10 year average and – more... reduced plant expenses 14%.
Upgraded furnaces which achieved 1 year payback on investment, reduced annual energy cost by $19,000, reduced process variation 15%, and improved production uptime from 70% to 98%.
Introduced 5S techniques which reduced average product turns from 9 days to 4 and reduced WIP inventory by 50%.
Leveraged the Kaizen process to establish preventative maintenance program which reduced maintenance inventory cost and saved $102,000 within the first year.
Secured $375,000 sales contract and increased revenue from scrap sales by 21%. – less

About Mercury Marine

Like the mythical messenger, Mercury┬áMarine┬áraces. It is the world's #1 recreational marine-engine maker and marketer (by sales – Read more