Mercury Marine

Mercury Marine United States Employee Reviews

Beware
Technical writer (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIMarch 14, 2015
Poor management, no reward or incentive for providing new and fresh ideas. Segmented communications and much duplicated efforts within the company. The only thing that is good is the pay. For that area it is above average.
the work is quite tolerable, not extremely difficult to learn
Supplemental Technician (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: after being hired on you can get vacation & holiday pay
Cons: there are no pros unless you are hired on.
Despite being a Union shop, there is no Union support unless you are hired on, (a process that can take 3 months to 5 years or more depending) although the Union will take it's share of your hard earned wage without representation. Management is not completely fair in how things are handled, and don't bother to file legal complaints against illegal activities.
there is some good and bad in this company
Die Cast (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIDecember 15, 2014
Pros: the union
Cons: no recognition for exceeding production and quality
for being a long standing company there was a surprising lack of communication between same and different departments. there were few modifications that improved work and more that caused mechanical and process problems, and getting management and engineering to hear suggestions to help fix problems was nearly impossible.
low pay and chaos
Assembler Line Worker (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIOctober 15, 2014
Pros: liked the mechanical work
Cons: chaos
most workers unhappy , parts shortages , conflicts with company , union , workers , problems all through company , injured people,
Unlike anything I had ever experienced, not a good match for me.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WISeptember 23, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: management styles.
I have been raised to be honest as well as to not say anything if what you have to say is not good. I guess I would prefer to just say management skills were different then anything I had ever worked with so the company and I agreed we were just not a good match.
Great co workers
Layout Tech (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIAugust 22, 2014
Pros: good pay.
Cons: work three out of four weekends.
Mercury had assembled some really fine talent that made it a joy to work there. Most of the day consisted of loading parts onto the CMM but it could vary depending on the day. I learned a lot about CMM's and CMM software, especially Zeiss and PCDIMIS.
Nice place to work - treat you well
Curriculum Developer (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIJuly 28, 2014
Pros: decent people
Cons: slow to change
Nice people, decent managers. Slow to change, have to be proactive about your career.
Great Culture
Materials Specialist Intern (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIJuly 8, 2014
Great place to work, working with co-workers to accomplish tasks
I got to see alot of my friends I went to High School with.
Cashier (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIMay 8, 2014
Pros: seeing and helping the employees i went to high school with.
Cons: my manager at that time got caught with embezellment.
I enjoyed selling breakfast and lunch to employees. I had alotta fun, but due to medical reasons, I had to resign.
Challenging place to work at with continues change
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMay 6, 2014
- Busy environment
- The daily challenges were the most enjoyable
- Great group with lots of talent
- lack of support was hardest part of the job
Decent Company
Document Control and Training Coordinator (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIMay 1, 2014
Decent pay, company, hours, and otherwise. Coworkers are decent as well.
Good place, new equipment, great people
Calibration & Test Engineer (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIMarch 10, 2014
What can I say, Great place to work. Engineering is modern with some of the best test equipment I have ever seen even compare to the auto industry. People were great to work with. Wish I could be back there
Productive shipping and receiving process
Forklift Operator/Dock Worker (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 10, 2014
I work as a shipping clerk and I have learned a lot about the process here and obtained a lot of forklift experience. I have worked with some great people and gained great experiences.
Union Shop
CNC Operator (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 4, 2014
Most employees don't want to work for Mercury Marine because of the contract that went sour back in 2009. Most of the people that work here have been here for a while no longer make working for the company enjoyable.
No place for full time students
Paint Technician (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WINovember 11, 2013
Typical day with assembly line mentality.
Very little opportunities for advancement based on individual skills and talents.
ok
High lift driver (Former Employee), Fond du lac wiNovember 4, 2013
Pros: the fast pac of the job
Cons: didnt like who the boss laughed everything off
the work day can be long and really didn't learn a lot because you couldn't find a lot of people to ask for help. Co workers are wonderful and some are nice. The hardest part is when you tried to talk to your boss and nothing gets done and not them understanding family problems that dose not deal with work. And the most enjoyable part I would say working with the people I worked with and always having fun with them
Excellent work environment in regards to being supported by management. Teamwork is alive and well and allows for personnel growth.
OEM Sales Team Leader (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKOctober 24, 2013
Mercury Marine is customer focused just as well as being employee focused. Mercury Marine management coaches and allows employees to grow into their jobs and focus on allowing one to push themselves to the next level of learning in order to advance in the company.

Co-workers are educated and work focused persons who want to succeed on a daily basis as a team.

The management team is cultured and continually working on process improvements and take excellent care of the employees.
factory position
Machine Technician (Former Employee), fond du lac wiSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: a job
Cons: short breaks, little employee appreciation from managers
its a factory, expect to put in your time and go home. employees are a number in the factory setting. little growth opportunity
Fun work place, safe enviroment, learning enviroment
Assembler/Tester (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, FLAugust 1, 2013
Pros: wokring with my co-workers
Cons: short break time
I really liked working at Mercury Marine because ALL of my co-workers were so friendly, we all got along together & every night we would work together as a team to get as many parts build as we can correctly. In one of our break rooms we had table games, television, allot of space & so much more. Almost every night ran smoothly, Management was ok can't really complain much about it. I learned to build a certain product we were assembling, how it works, how we must be very careful in assembling everything together. The hardest part of this job was just making our goal for the night. The most enjoyable would be assembling the product itself while working with my co-workers.
Productive and friendly work places, excise every few hours with a table game in the breakroom
Solderer/Production/Assembler (Current Employee), FLApril 14, 2013
Cons: a little to far and pay isnt that good for the distance
work Monday-Friday 7am to 3:30pm lots of overtime
Solder boards and wires, Assembles products, stock shelves
management is very good
co-workers are very friendly

About Mercury Marine

Like the mythical messenger, Mercury Marine races. It is the world's #1 recreational marine-engine maker and marketer (by sales – Read more

Mercury Marine Salaries