Mercury Marine Employee Reviews

Fun and Energetic place to work. Learning is endless and team work is a plus. Advancement is possible.
Accounts Payable Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIAugust 6, 2015
Fun, Ethical and goal driven company. Everyone is willing to assist to accomplish completed goals set forth. Advancement opportunities are available.
Productive line
Material Handler (Former Employee), Fond du lac,WIAugust 5, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: scheduling, bidding process, Supervisors
Nice work once you get the hang of things, but no loyalty displayed to workers who have shown dedication and exceeds expectations.
OK
Assembler (Current Employee), Saint Cloud, FLAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Real laid back environment
Cons: Too far from where i stay, causing money issues
It consist of three shifts, i was on the morning shift, came in from 4am to 12:30pm. This was too early for my taste, great company to be with, but at the end of the day it doesn't pay enough for my distance and living situation.
Mercury
Assistant (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIJuly 30, 2015
Aggressive supervision, aggressive coworkers, aggressive resources. Hit the ground running and you will keep up just fine, until you dont.
Middle of the pack medium sized manufacturing company
Manufacturing Engineer II (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIJuly 26, 2015
Variety of new product introductions over the last 3-4 years have created a more challenging work environment and maintains the relevancy and in many categories, the leadership of the company in the market place. Hourly wages are now a two tiered system so a lot of turnover of newer employees. Management sometimes does not provide good strategic direction. Career may become stagnant here as they don't try to develop their employees
Performed testing before engine went in to production.
Technician/ Test Pilot (Former Employee), Panama City, FLJuly 25, 2015
Performed testing before engine went in to production. Customer use and severe use cycles.In excess of seventy mph. Thanks!
Mercury Marine provided a good work life balance.
Customer Care Team Leader - Inside Sales (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Good work life balance
Mercury Marine's entire staff (management and co-workers) are all extremely compassionate about the products they sell and the services they provide. In my role as Customer Care Team Lead, Customer Service was my highest priority, both internally and externally, which gave me the greatest job satisfaction.
recommended
Sales and Management Profile (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIJuly 21, 2015
Pros: great cafe, lot's of remodeling and office updates going on
Cons: na
Fun industry where rewards match the work/effort put in. Some of the greatest co-workers around. Every day is different so time flys.
I would reccomend this job to someone who is starting out
Support Technician II (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIJuly 16, 2015
Pros: overtime was plentiful
Cons: little room for advancement
It was a job, the pay was average. The most difficult part of the job was the harassment from employees. Despite my complaints there was nothing done to make my working environment feel comfortable. I did learn a lot about the industry. The job was easy although the number of quality issues became frustrating. I did get along with my coworkers, the people that had been there for 20+ years were very stuck in their ways and anytime there were changes implanted they complained profusely, mocked newer employees and intimidated them. That was the most difficult part of my position.
Very fast but easy work envoriment, friendly people,
Assembly Technician (Current Employee), Fond du LacJune 4, 2015
Building boat motors, I learned how to operate heavy machinery and work different tools and learn how to do a variety of different jobs throughout the plant. Most of the co-workers are nice and easy to get alone with, all of the jobs are really easy after you have been fully trained on them. I like being able to learn to operate and build different part of a boat motor.
Generally a good place to work. Good People and benefits are reasonable
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Fond du Lac WIMarch 16, 2015
Pros: high standards
Cons: weak in some management
Mercury Marine is a good company. It has high standards for both employee and product. Their weakest area is in some of the management personal they employ. These management personal should have stronger people and communication skills. Work environment is good, it is relatively clean place and for most part the average worker is motivated and performs at a high level. As a maintenance person, the challenges are significant and there is plenty of diversification. Mercury Marine is a world class company, and those who have the opportunity to work there should be proud of their association with the company.
Beware
Technical writer (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIMarch 14, 2015
Poor management, no reward or incentive for providing new and fresh ideas. Segmented communications and much duplicated efforts within the company. The only thing that is good is the pay. For that area it is above average.
the work is quite tolerable, not extremely difficult to learn
Supplemental Technician (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: after being hired on you can get vacation & holiday pay
Cons: there are no pros unless you are hired on.
Despite being a Union shop, there is no Union support unless you are hired on, (a process that can take 3 months to 5 years or more depending) although the Union will take it's share of your hard earned wage without representation. Management is not completely fair in how things are handled, and don't bother to file legal complaints against illegal activities.
there is some good and bad in this company
Die Cast (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIDecember 15, 2014
Pros: the union
Cons: no recognition for exceeding production and quality
for being a long standing company there was a surprising lack of communication between same and different departments. there were few modifications that improved work and more that caused mechanical and process problems, and getting management and engineering to hear suggestions to help fix problems was nearly impossible.
low pay and chaos
Assembler Line Worker (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIOctober 15, 2014
Pros: liked the mechanical work
Cons: chaos
most workers unhappy , parts shortages , conflicts with company , union , workers , problems all through company , injured people,
Unlike anything I had ever experienced, not a good match for me.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WISeptember 23, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: management styles.
I have been raised to be honest as well as to not say anything if what you have to say is not good. I guess I would prefer to just say management skills were different then anything I had ever worked with so the company and I agreed we were just not a good match.
Great co workers
Layout Tech (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIAugust 22, 2014
Pros: good pay.
Cons: work three out of four weekends.
Mercury had assembled some really fine talent that made it a joy to work there. Most of the day consisted of loading parts onto the CMM but it could vary depending on the day. I learned a lot about CMM's and CMM software, especially Zeiss and PCDIMIS.
Nice place to work - treat you well
Curriculum Developer (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIJuly 28, 2014
Pros: decent people
Cons: slow to change
Nice people, decent managers. Slow to change, have to be proactive about your career.
Great Culture
Materials Specialist Intern (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIJuly 8, 2014
Great place to work, working with co-workers to accomplish tasks
I got to see alot of my friends I went to High School with.
Cashier (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIMay 8, 2014
Pros: seeing and helping the employees i went to high school with.
Cons: my manager at that time got caught with embezellment.
I enjoyed selling breakfast and lunch to employees. I had alotta fun, but due to medical reasons, I had to resign.