Mercury Payment Systems

Mercury Payment Systems Employer Reviews

Great place
Customer service, Enter data, assist merchant (Current Employee), Durango, COMay 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: n/a
Mercury is great and busy place to work, it is always evolving and is always interesting. The people are a lot of fun as well.
Employee Oriented
Regional Sales Coordinator / Account Manager (Former Employee), Durango, COApril 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches and working from home
Cons: not always promote from within
Mercury was a very employee oriented company. They served everyone lunch or breakfast once a month and always gave Christmas bonuses.

I enjoyed being able to work from home a few days a week.

Really enjoyed the people I worked with, we were more like family.

Typical work day was always busy with a variety of duties, assisting merchants, dealers and – more... working closely with numerous departments to ensure merchants and dealers were set up, enrolled and processing.
Worked with dealers to grow their business and assist with obtaining more business, answering commission questions and assisting their merchants with any processing or business issues. – less
A very fun place to work.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Durango, COMarch 23, 2014
Pros: monthly lunches, christmas party and allotted work time to volunteer for non profit organizations
Cons: no break room for smokers.
This job was really enjoyable because everyday was different and I was always learning something new. They provide an individual warm welcome to every new employee. My favorite part of the day was providing a portal walk through so the merchant could get logged into there account on our website.

Management was terrific and was always there to lend – more... a hand or there when you needed them. They all worked towards helping you with your goals or advancing to the next level. All the co workers were enthusiastic and always willing to give a hand. There were lots of perks and awards for every occasions.

The hardest part of the job was learning the different point of sale systems and processing terminals and how to troubleshoot them. – less
Observing and learning from wonderful team members to further my skills.
Provided Quality Customer Service (Former Employee), Durango, COJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches and celebrations.
Cons: short breaks.
Typical day = 9-5
What I learned depends on the job. Although they are transferable to many types of jobs requiring soft skill ability.
Management= none
Co-Workers = Get along fine in a team envirroment as well as working with little supervision. I do extremely well whatever the task .
Hardest Part of Job(s) - example- Hospital setting very sad when – more... patients pass.
Enjoyable part of job= getting a job well done in the time frame expected. – less
Graduating from a start-up to a major processing player in the industry
Director, Reseller Partnerships & Sales (Former Employee), Durango, COJuly 18, 2013
Pros: great culture
*Fast growth company
*Very independent driven management culture
*Great future possibilities
Productive and supportive work place
Loyalty Sales Executive (Former Employee), Durango, COJuly 3, 2013
I enjoyed 6 years at Mercury and would go back if I were not leaving Durango.
Fast paced growth company.
Merchant Account Specialist Support (Former Employee), Durango, COJune 13, 2013
Pros: health benefits, great co-workers
Cons: poor management, poor planning, diminishing customer service.
Mercury is a fast paced fast growing credit card company, as such it comes with its fair share of growing pains. In my 7 1/2 year tenure I was able to see Mercury move up in the ranks of credit card processors to become one of the top processors in the nation. Mercury has a lot to offer the right people in a small community.
A sinking ship
sales executive (Former Employee), durango/denverMay 18, 2013
Pros: located in durango
Cons: stress, overworked, angry customers, angry partners, leadership, no heart
What they do to their merchant base is awful. So many rates and fee increases, 4 and 5x a month to just one merchant account. Data security fees and regulatory fees and you name it fees are everywhere on merchant's credit card statements. I once had another processor say that when they go up against Mercury it is like Christmas day with all the increases – more... they show the merchant. What once was a respectable company is now just greedy. – less
Durango is filling up with "former employees"
Customer Service (Former Employee), Durango, COApril 25, 2013
Pros: pizza once a month
Cons: treat employees like kleen-ex
Company is fast-growing, has a successful business model that is slowly being grafted by competition.
They prefer to hire new or less experienced people to keep pay scale low, while promoting "Durango Discount"- IE- quality of life in small CO town.
Durango cost of living is closer to Denver, CO (337 mi away) than Farmington, NM (50 mi away).
Promoted-from-within – more... managers can "make or break" you, lack true innovation or experience in leadership.
Company is extremely sales-driven, makes an enormous profit which is nether reported, because they are privately held, nor shared with employees, who are pushed to do more and more the longer they are there.
Good corporate learning experience for someone who is just starting out. – less
Typical Finnacial Services Industry company
Network Administrator III (Former Employee), Durango, COApril 5, 2013
Pros: free lunches and good team building
Cons: the cheaper the ship the better
It was a great experience to work for a company in the Financial services sector. Mostly a sales driving organization, and the cheaper the ship the better. Fast growth has resulted in inexperienced management and bad employee retention. Feel valued by peers, but not by management.
Good working environment
Lead Merchant Accounting Specialist (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 26, 2013
Pros: i have very productive work days. i enjoy working with my colleges.
Cons: director i report to inc. other managers have left the company.
The company is growing very fast. I spend my days creating reports to monitor department fee losses for management as well as tracking work progress of the department/individuals on the team I lead and coach. I also create and work processes related to the department.
Having struggles as a growing company
Would rather not disclose (Current Employee), Durango, COMarch 3, 2013
Pros: good benefits, but this is changing next year
Cons: raises, appreciation, constant changes, large turnover
I've worked for Mercury for a few years and they are having some struggles as a growing company. Pay is good to start, but raises are few and far between ( if you even think that 3% is worth your time... ) and completely up to management/executives that don't "know" what you do/take on... on a regular basis. Promotions are also slim... They would rather – more... hire outside the company than give anyone a chance to excel. Reviews are only done after the first of the year.. Never when your personal year happens. Also no 60 day or 90 day reviews to start. The culture used to be the main reason to join this company, but it is dwindling fast! – less
Exceptional company to work for with great people.
Inbound Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Durango, COJuly 31, 2012
Pros: free lunches each month, great coworkers, mgrs, etc.
Cons: the job would not be as challenging once i had learned and understood all my training, i was ready to move up, but there werent any other departments with this company that interested me enough, the pay was good, but raises wouldnt happen when i think they should
I enjoyed working with all my coworkers including mgr, admin, and executives.

Typical day was answering phones and assisting merchants with processing credit card transactions. Creating tickets on their own programs. Used many different ones. Had one for answering calls-Cisco, one for looking up info on merchant accounts and creating tickets for each – more... call-CRM, one for verify settlements of transactions to their bank accounts-Global payments, and outlook for emailing.
Learned the above programs and more about credit card processing in general.
Hardest part of the job at times was staying busy when calls were not coming in, so I would go into the open queue to find tickets or email request to assist merchants that way.
Most enjoyable was interacting with merchants that were having a good day, and being able to assist a caller completely on that call.
Knowing that I helped them was rewarding for me. – less
Young company on new growth path
Sales Executive (Former Employee), ColoradoApril 30, 2012
Pros: technology is great
Cons: management lacks training, coaching and communication skills.
The management which brought this company to where it is now has done an excellent job and should be commended. Now they need to change and redevelop themselves or get out of the way.
Hopefully the VC will make changes at the head and they will make the necessary changes to propel them to the next stage.
Strategic Sales Operations Coordinator
Strategic Sales Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Denver, CoApril 23, 2012
Pros: great work environment, flexibility
Being on the Strategic Sales team for less than allowed me to work with the business development and national business development and see the importance of building relationships with multiple tiers of the business relationship. I worked with franchisors and franchisees to grow the national account business. I confidently excuded Mercury Payment Systems – more... values and took the time to educate the merchants I touched about the specific business landscape they are entering into. – less

About Mercury Payment Systems

Mercury is one of North America’s most innovative and fastest growing payments processing / merchant acquiring companies. – Read more