Mercury Retail Services Employee Reviews

Fun Place to work for
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 26, 2017
people are very nice to work for, you work on your own, but you drive your own car to and from businesses thats the only down fall. GREAT, GREAT job to work for
Good company
Merchandiser/Vendor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 29, 2017
This is a good company to work for, but get ready to work your tail off. You will have a lot of learning to do. There will include lots of driving, paperwork and heavy lifting.
Meeting many different people everyday, work at your own pace
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 19, 2014
Going out and interacting with my merchandisers, store managers and shipping and receiving clerks to ensure that everything was going out right was great. I learned organizational and management skills as well as working with a tablet to get paperwork completed and turned into the office from out in the field. My co-workers were really great. Sometimes it was hard to get to all of my stores everyday, but I loved being able to fix problems and work out difficulties that merchandisers had.
Pros
Moving around all day
Cons
Main management not following up with concerns
Job shut down
Down Stacker (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 25, 2014
It shut down. They are no longer hiring for the position in this area.
Fast pace but stressful atmosphere
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 19, 2014
kept inventory, expidited orders, stocked, and organized the wearhouse
Pros
worked with great peers
Cons
very long hours
interesting job to do
Lead Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 18, 2014
no day will be the same and you will meet new people everyday.
you do a lot of traveling to different stores
Productive work place
Data Entry, Boxer, Scanner, Shipping/ Receiving (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2014
great work environment to work at but they wouldn't let me work at one position.
Pros
Get to leave for lunch break
Cons
short breaks
great place but slow business cause company to sell
Broker Representative / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2013
started as a broker in their new sales division as the company was trying to diversify. Unfortunately their core business took a big hit and the sold the company off
Book and Magazine Wearhouse
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 1, 2013
To pickoders to be shipped oout to stories.work with scan guns to inventory mmerchandise. stack and wrap palets.
Unpredictable work enviroment
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Huntsville TexasSeptember 23, 2013
good position for part-timers. work your own hours as long as you get the stores completed on the dy of the deliveries. Some days have only 2 deliveries (1+ hours) other days have up to 9 deliveries (12+ hours).
Pros
create your own hours
Cons
pay
Company is in a declining industry
Vice President Operations (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 4, 2013
Current employer is in a declining industry with very narrow profit margins.
mismanaged and chaotic
Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 25, 2013
No structure, no employee handbook, no direction for company policy.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
long hours, too much for one manager
Slave labor
Driver/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 22, 2013
Don't bother unless you are starving. Lots of physical labor and long hours driving for no money whatsoever. If somebody calls the number on your truck you get points penalties and can get fired for it.....no questions asked. You can't defend yourself or anything. Any moron on the street can call in and get you in trouble and they do all the time.
Cons
Enjoy all the new products.
Merchandiser/Vendor (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FlJuly 19, 2013
Typical day- Driver drops off product, I receive product with DSD clerk per rules of each store. I work five stores total which include Walmart, Publix, and Winn-Dixie. Pull old product, replace with new. Clean area, maintain good communication with store managers and co-workers. I work with little to no supervision. I meet and exceed sales goals on a regular basis.
Lots of Freedom and great pay
Merchandiser / Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJuly 16, 2013
I have to get up very early for work but most days I get off earlier in the day. I learned a lot about merchandising and the inner workings of a distribution company. The management was very good but sometimes cold to the problems you are having at work like, when my truck broke down they didn't see it as a priority to help me get back on the road. Other than little stuff like that great management. It is an independent job. I don't see much of anyone I work with. The hardest part of the job is the drive back to the distribution center to restock truck. The most enjoyable part was the freedom I had.
Pros
No Micromanaging, Steady hours, Weekends off
Cons
Long hours, No room for advancement, No customer interaction
Productive workplace.
Warehouse Associate, Sorter, Stocker, Shipping (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 3, 2013
The management was good.I had the opportunity to experience working with invoices inside the office, shipping/receiving, sorting out books into the certain boxes,was also a boxer by making boxes for books, stocking books on shelf where they have certain locations ID numbers,picking up bundles of magazines into the right categories, while finishing my own work at the end of the day i would ask other employees if they needed help for an example if i had some free time i work also tear books covers.
Pros
able to leave work to buy lunch
Cons
short breaks.
merchandiser
merchandiser/sales (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2013
start the day off by checking in product. makeing sure invoices are correct.then prep product and prepare it to be put out on sales floor.then proceed to put product out
Pros
make my own time
Cons
Enjoy my fellow co workers
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 12, 2013
I am fast on my 10 key and enjoy my coworkers, I also take customer service calls, which sometimes trying to explain our invoices can be a challenge to the customers.
Pros
position is easy
Cons
benifits, pay
Productive and fun
ROUTE DRIVER/MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 11, 2013
My day started around 6:00 am in the morning and ended around 2:00 pm, depending on the work load. I would deliver books and magazines to various retail stores. I would also merchandise some of the stores. The things I learned were how to switch out magazines and put them in the totes and write them up to be sent back to the depot. It was independent so I only saw my co-workers when I was at the warehouse to load and unload. They were very helpful at times. The hardest part of the job was dropping off totes that would sometimes add up to 30+ and picking them up. What I enjoyed most about it was not being supervised and working independently.
Company in re-organization, changing new internal systems.
Buyer- Children's Book (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TxJune 3, 2013
Management was trying to incorporate new non-books line into the product mix.

The director of Books was an awesome boss, supportive with great ideas for boosting sales in the book department.

Co-workers having a difficult time with change.

The hardest part of the job was trying to encourage co-workers to accept change.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being involved in setting up new programs, optimize inventory, working on plan-o-grams, and learning the book business.
Pros
Team Baseball groups, Celebrated birthdays, holidays, employee of the month, good benefit packag, . support from boss, welcomed students working on their advancement in their selected field.
Cons
Clicks across departments inteferred with daily tasks. Attempts to undermine management.