Mercury Systems Employee Reviews in United States

has become a tough place to work
Engineering (Former Employee) –  ChelmsfordOctober 19, 2015
The best part of the company is that the individual people are a great, talented and dedicated group. The leadership cares very little about those individuals. Management keeps growing at the expense of all. Quality comes before revenue in all cases.
Exciting and challenging work. Bright people.
Principal System Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJanuary 31, 2014
Mercury systems provided great opportunities to work on cutting edge technologies while constantly challenging the work force to multi-task and adapt.
great place to work, co-workers are great people
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHSeptember 9, 2013
Worked in fast paced environment, with high expectations...to meet shipment schedules.
Fast paced, multi-tasking - but relaxed, friendly and supportive work place.
RMA Receiver / Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAMarch 30, 2014
Mercury Systems was a great company to work for.
Typical day: At 6:00 am start the cycle count and enter results into Oracle. Start to process the folders that I received from the RMA customer service rep's that were delivered to me the previous day after 2:30 PM. Create the RMA travelers for each unit, receive in, create the job, pay to the job, move the job, fill in quality results (all data entry in Oracle) and move traveler and units to rework area.
As boxes arrive from UPS and FedEX - remove items from boxes and record part number, serial number, 400 number and rev of each item being returned from customer for repair. Check serial number and part number in Oracle history and check BOM to make sure item returned matches what was originally shipped out to customer. Resolve any such discrepancy. Take documentation sheet and all paperwork - test data - packing slip and deliver to RMA customer service rep for booking. Receive in loan material and receive in customer furnished equipment. Un-crate RMA chassis that weigh several hundred lbs. using stacker fork truck and rigging straps. Process RMA chassis same way as described above for other units.
Issue out parts to internal customers in stockroom. Placing newly arrived product into proper stock location. Performed sub-inventory transfer of material in Oracle if room cannot be found where the receiver received in the product. ie.(receiver received item into "stock" but item will not fit in stock location so item is physically placed in "bulk" location - so in Oracle I would do a sub-inventory transfer from stock to bulk to show
  more... the correct location where item was actually placed). By this time more folders have been booked and are delivered back to me from the RMA customer service rep's for processing.

The best supervisor that I have ever had in my entire life. This person would always give freely of his time and knowledge to help solve a problem or teach me something new.

Co-workers that were good, intelligent, hard working and fun to work with.

The hardest part of the job...well nothing really comes to mind. Every so often when a problem or an issue was at hand I could always find someone that could come up with a solution. Everyone worked well together at Mercury and was willing to help each other out with any problem. I guess then that the hard part was in the beginning - finding out which associates had the knowledge to solve a problem. But someone would always point you in the right direction to find the expert advice.
Pros
three weeks vacation to start, unlimited sick days
Cons
most of the revenue was derived from sale of defense equipment, all the eggs were placed in one basket. that is why you are now reading my review.