Mercy Clinic Employee Reviews in United States

Supervisor - Office Services (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 21, 2013
Mercy is a great place to work. I love my co-workers, its more like a family. The management is great. A typical day is coming in and taking care of anything the physicians need and make sure things run as smoothly as they can. At this point in my career I just feel that I need to do more.
Pros
co-workers, benefits
healthcare
Medical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARApril 13, 2015
• Crisis Management
• Discuss patient care with doctors and nurses
• Leading, training and motivating healthcare team/professionals
• Communicate with billing office about patient balances
• Order supplies and equipment
Upbeat, very busy work place
Medical AssistantII + Admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  Wentzville and Cottleville, MissouriMarch 17, 2015
I have learned a lot about the medical field as well as clerical duties in this position. I love the people I work with. Management is top-notch and very accommodating. I have learned so much from being with this company.
Mercy Clinic-- needs change of priorities
LPN (Former Employee) –  Washington, MOSeptember 14, 2014
Mercy's focus is more on making a profit off of the patients than it is on providing the care in the patient's best interest.
They lack respect for their employees, and the managers are never in their office. They attend meetings most days of the week, and you can never get an answer to any question or concern you have about anything because when you ask the person who should have the answer they send you to someone else who sends you to someone else.
My experience working with mercy was very disappointing. Its all about rank, and if you aren't at management level or above as an employee, than you are not taken seriously nor does your opinion mean anything. The employees who actually work in the clinics are the people who know the in's and out's and have a 1st person perspective and ideas on how to improve the quality of care, among other things. But, the opinions of the 'little guys' are worth nothing, and this company makes sure that's known among all employees.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, MONovember 20, 2014
Good place to start a career at. A typical day for my position is rooming patients, checking vitals, making appointments, and answering any concerns they may have that day, I think the hardest part of my job is learning the different types of people and their personalities. I love to work with people and getting to know them on o more personal level than just a patient.
Not supportive of diabetes education
Diabetes Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJune 1, 2015
Laid off from Diabetes Program Coordinator job, due to closing program. No administrative support for Diabetes Education.
Pros
location
Cons
lack of administrative support
productive workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 10, 2015
Very productive workplace learned a lot from doing my hours there i had experience in pediatrics, obgyn, and internal medicine.
Great place to learn and practice what you learned.
volunteering medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYNovember 4, 2014
Greet many different aged groups of people and assist different specialty doctors.
Use some of recent machines to perform different tests.
Learn how to do some of paper works and do jobs in the front desk.
Learned some of Spanish words every time since there are some Spanish patients.
I have to check which doctors are coming that day to make sure what I have to prepare for them.
Learned a lot of instruments that I didn't learn from books.
Pros
able to learn several different specialties.
Cons
make sure which specialty is coming that day.
A great company to work for
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, MOFebruary 3, 2015
As always sometimes growth within a company, they lose track of the lay employees that made it happen.
Accommodations to employees in recognition of their hard work and dedication
Nice values
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, MOJanuary 7, 2013
Great place to work great values and benefits and thats all I have to say
Pros
great family atmosphere
Cons
nothing
waitress
waitress (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MODecember 14, 2014
I love people so I love waiting tables, however, this doesn't support a family. I still miss my customers and work family, but I am better off with my education. I was able to develop a strong work ethic and better communication skills here though.
A great place to do your externship.
Medical Assistant/Externship (Former Employee) –  Union, MOAugust 19, 2012
Every day I was with a different person so I was able to learn a lot from each person. Management was great, and the co workers were very helpful.
Helping Community Hospital
Medical Receptionist II (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 12, 2012
Medical Receptionist, answer telephone for 4 Doctors, 2 Nurse Practitioner's and 35 co-workers. Learned that Hospitality goes along way with working with a diverse group of Patients. Our Manager has brought over 30 years of experience to out department. My co-workers work as a time to assis the Patients. the most enjoyable part of my job is giving the Patient what they need to make their Life better
Pros
diversity
Cons
training is limited
Very friendly staff, and cooperatative with other staff.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKAugust 3, 2014
Had the opportunity to learn on a daily basis, and to improve my skills in the clinic. Very friendly co-workers, had to work overtime most days!
Learning environment, very productive, great with patients
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sullivan, MODecember 1, 2013
This clinic is very fast paced, but thorough. I feel that the patients receive great, well-informed care. I recently transferred from the Steelville clinic to the one in Sullivan and I have seen a great deal of procedures already in my time here.
A place to work
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNSeptember 1, 2012
A place to do your job then go home at the end of the day. Someone who needs a job is about the only person to work here.
Very caring and supportive workplace
Medical Assistant, Externship (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO.July 24, 2012
Each day was very busy, but productive. I learned a lot about the medical field and the employees were very helpful.
Certified Audiology Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARMay 30, 2014
I have been with Mercy 11.5 years, it is a great place to work.
In-house Clinic
In-house Clinic (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYApril 13, 2012
Worked with adults, school aged children and toddler who required speech therapy.

4.4