Mercy Clinic Employee Reviews

Excellent benefits and great coworkers/providers
Float nurse (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKOctober 3, 2017
Float nurse (medical assistant) for six Doctors, one Physician's Assistant, and one Nurse Practitioner. Responsible for taking vitals and chief complaint. Proficient in outpatient surgical procedures, injections for adults and children, ear lavage, orthostatic blood pressure, Biote Pellet therapy explanation and assistance in procedures, testosterone injections and levels, strep and flu testing, GYN procedures, EKG's, stitch and staple removal, prior authorizations, sample inventories, Convenient Care and prescription call-ins. Our EMR was Citrix and Epic. I was cross-trained to answer phones and make appointments. There is ample training for coworkers. It's a relaxed culture and easy to form bonds. The hardest part of the job was that new management had no empathy and crossed many lines among coworkers. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the patients and making them my first priority. You really grow close to the patients.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch; everyone is willing to help if you fall behind.
Cons
Unfair salary for coworkers with equal experience, management had no time for coworkers and was apathetic and curt.
Stay on Track
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXSeptember 27, 2017
A typical day working here is the usual, call in the patient and take their vitals and start on their note for the doctor to see what they came in for. Phone are always ringing and they must be answered and lines should not be left on hold very long. Referrals are usually the big thing that has to be done that way patients can be seen by specialist. Big tip is to stay organized and on tract of what your doing and when on the phones remember and make a note of who you spoke with when on the phones if they needed anything because the person will call back to check on the status.
poor management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOSeptember 19, 2017
When I was working there, the manager was terrible. I was battling some medical problems and had to go on fmla, when I returned the manager told me I needed to just quit that i was no help to their staff by being out.
Clinical Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator (Current Employee) –  Washington, MOSeptember 4, 2017
Fast paced job. Employee opinion important. Team work and collaborations of patient care very emphasized. Great benefits. The atmosphere is family oriented. The most enjoyable part of the job is coordinating care for patients and seeing them be successful
Pros
great co-workers
Poor Management
Financial Counselor, Licensed Insurance Guide (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 25, 2017
Overall I enjoyed working for Mercy Clinic. They have great hours and it is a very relaxed environment. The change in management is my reason for leaving but it was an overall great place to work.
Pros
relaxed enviroment
Cons
poor management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKAugust 14, 2017
Had good benefits there. Was not happy with the clinic in Ardmore as much as other clinics I've worked. I moved to OKC after about 1 year. I learned Occupational Medicine at Mercy, Ardmore.
professional and productive work enviorment
Medical Assistant (Externship) (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 13, 2017
fun, steady, educating, great management, peaceful, hardest part of a typical workday was seeing a patient in pain, most enjoyable part of the day was knowing that I did my part in helping someone who is in need of care.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short lunch breaks
Front desk
Medical Receptionist II (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 27, 2017
Greet patients, check-in by verifying demographics, insurance, balance cash drops. Workplace environment is cohesive, we enjoy each other company and help each other as needed. No part of the job is hard, my work day flows. The most enjoyable part of my day is to service the patients, so rewarding to give finished product.
Pros
The environemnt is enjoyable and productive
Cons
If a patient leave without a good prognosis
Not a good place
Receptionist/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WI 53511July 27, 2017
I was hired part-time, got offered full time hours then they decided they didn't have the need for full time and cut me back to part time. got sent to all the locations to fill in. The schedule was always changed and not right.
Staff cares about providing quality medical care
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 2, 2017
Mercy Clinic Mercy has a good vision and mission; I know that they provide quality care. Mercy has not been enforcing its dress code policies. I believe rules and policies have a reason. I have advised two supervisors about perfume being sprayed at work and nothing gets done about it. I came into Mercy during some sort of transition period; even managers that had been with Mercy a long while were reassigned or separated from the company. There has been a lot of turnover and the scheduling work load is behind by about two months of outside referrals. I feel I have been placed into a position of which I cannot succeed.Patient registration, check-in, verifying insurance, check-out, scheduling, taking co-payments, scanning documents and medical records.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no time to take breaks, high turn over, not enough pay, parking
Boone Pulmonary Medicine
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Robert, MOMay 31, 2017
Working at Boone Pulmonary Medicine. I have learn new techniques, and new skills working in this department. unfortunately it was not that diverse. I enjoyed working with the patients, giving good customer service and quality care.
Monday through Friday, no weekends or holidays
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 23, 2017
Loved the hours and the patient's. The Manager during my employment was horrible and did not support her staff. Management has changed since I left, but there is still a lot of turn over.
Pros
Hours
Mission base work place.
Staff Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MO 65807May 9, 2017
Mercy is very much mission based promoting excellence in patient care. An ever evolving environment adapting to the dynamic shift in regulations, standards and best practices.
Each co-worker is expected to give of themselves at all times. Mercy provides excellent educational resources to allow each employee to stay up to date with changes in healthcare as they relate to their particular job.
Pros
Mission based.
Cons
Administration lacks transparency.
Not a good place to work
Medical Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Fort Scott, KSApril 25, 2017
Some of the staff there are not fair, they do treat some of their patients not the greatest. The drs there are great. They are competitive with the wages.
Productive work place and like working here.
Certified Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 17, 2017
I like working here because they have great healthcare and allow people to move up in the departments. With management that I have worked with they are all hard working leaders that work with the team and not above them.
Job
Intern/Student Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, MOMarch 21, 2017
A typical day at work was 8 to 4 pm working with the Doctors and learning new procedures and knowledge. The staff was really great to work with and knowledgeable.
Pros
knowledge
Cons
not getting paid
Mercy Mission and values are uplifting
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 21, 2017
Patient Access: registrations, check-in, check-out, scheduling, taking co-payments, scanning documents, staff interaction, and good lunch times, and nice facilities.
Pros
Free lunch from drug reps
Cons
no time for breaks, long way to walk or wait for shuttle for parking, some HR policies not enforced equally.
Mercy
Accounts Receivable Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 31, 2017
I had a very good work experience at Mercy. This is overall a great place to work. The pay is not the best. I would still be working there but I had to take a better paying job.
Mercy has a positive mission. Provides health care that exceeds exceptations. A Great environment for caring people that want to help others.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 18, 2017
Mercy has a wonderful mission and caring co-workers to complete it. A faith based company with compassion for what services it provides to their patients. They explore ways to better their processes in order to help their co-workers succeed.
Pros
Excellent Health Insurance
Cons
two 20 minute breaks you rarely have time to take, short lunches leaves no time to run personal errands during the week, some driving required between clinic locations if you are in resources
I loved working here, great doctor to work for.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNDecember 17, 2016
I learned so much working here in the last five years. The doctor I worked for had to be one of the best doctors to work with, he always pushed us to go harder in our every day work life because he knew what our strengths were.
Pros
That they work with your schedule