Mercy College Employee Reviews

Mercy College
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 11, 2017
Working at Mercy college was fine, I learn a lot even though it didn't pertain to my field and I enjoyed my time there. Great environment.
Busy office handling student accounts
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYNovember 12, 2016
Typical day at work consisted of answering phone calls, creating spreadsheets, scheduling appointments, and helping students with academic inquiries
Great place to work, agreeable working conditions.
Adjunct Professor of Psychology (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2016
Mercy college has a great working environment. The supervisors are always there to answer any question I might have. The classrooms are clean and the equipment is kept up to date. I learned to use Blackboard, which is a online teaching program. Classes for myself and other professors were made available to fit our schedules.
Pros
Numerous work locations
Cons
None that come to mine
Very intense environment
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYAugust 4, 2016
Working at Mercy College was very hard but well worth it cause you learn so much about yourself and how to work and deal with so many different types of people. As a college student I would refur this job to all students it will enhance there college experience.
Pros
Pay and experience
Cons
Intense situations
Innovative, fun and opportune environment
Talent Acquisition Manager, Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYMay 17, 2016
I have personally worked in the construction of the Business Honors program. Throughout the four years I have dedicated to growing and improving this program, I have networked with highly intelligent and resourceful faculty.
Great working environment
MATHEMATICS TUTOR/OFFICE ADMINISTARATOR (Current Employee) –  New YorkApril 24, 2016
everyday, I face the challenge to pass on mathematical knowledge from simple to hard problems. In dealing with the students one need too be extremely patient while passing the knowledge.
The management are very great and assists the professors and tutors in achieving their aims. The job is really great and it involves different ways of conveying knowledge.
Mercy College Kinesiology Course
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYApril 2, 2016
Mercy is a great college which offers a lot of support to its staff as well as the students. Its Masters degree program for OT offers flexible weekend hours which allows its students to work full time monday through friday while taking class lectures on the weekends.
Overall Rewarding Experience
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJanuary 21, 2016
As a peer mentor, I had open flexibility to meet with my students that were assigned to me. It was a positive experience as a leadership role. I would advise my students about on-campus opportunities, as well as academic studies. As for my co-workers, they were all pleasant to work with and were willing to work events with me. My management was very professional, flexible and willing to help me. I learned how to mentor my students in a way that helped them make better academic decisions. The most enjoyable part of this job was bonding with my students, knowing that I was able to help them when other advisement could not. The hardest part of this job, I would have to say, was receiving a successful response rate from all of my students; while I was assigned a large group of students, I would only receive responses from a small amount of students simply because the others would not reply when I reached out to them repeatedly. Overall, I enjoyed my role as a peer mentor and would like to pursue further tutoring/mentoring positions.
Pros
Schedule Flexibility
Cons
Response Rate
Professional Work Environment
Data Entry and Analysis (Former Employee) –  Yorktown Heights, NYDecember 30, 2015
Important and Relevant work experience. Enjoyed my time there, friendly staff and helpful employers. I learned how to use varying computer programs.
Productive Environment
Office Assistant, Department of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYDecember 27, 2015
Great staff, effective work environment. Co-worker are friendly and encouraging.
Typical day involves filing documents, assisting any faculty if help is needed, and answering phones providing support for individuals who may have questions and concerns.
Great learning experience.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYDecember 23, 2015
This was a great way for me to earn money during school and advance myself through internship. I would definitely do this another time.
Education
Assistant Director of Student Accounts (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYNovember 1, 2015
the quantity of work produced received had numerous compliments from students and the parents. the quality of work produced was acceptable.
Research Intern
Research coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2015
I was a research coordinator interviewing and recruiting candidates for social research study. Keeping forms and documents up to date and organized. Updating files, creating spreadsheets, helping and the collaborating new research studies. Team work is essential and good communication, writing, reading skills are mandatory. My attention to details was highly increased through trainings. Assisting my supervisor with all paper work, business communication, calls, and the implementation of new policies and regulation.
Pros
Attention to details and diligent behavior is highly increased
Cons
Long office hours
A nice atmosphere
Temporary Administrative Assitant (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJune 25, 2015
I learned many administrative skills and about the Occupational Therapy program. Everyone was friendly and nice to work with.
I Love College
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 19, 2015
College is fantastic. Starting from their PACT office, to their Admissions office, it was great interacting with people from all levels. The best thing was to actually talk to the kids who toured the school because I feel like I actually impacted their decision to come to the school.
Pros
Education
WOrking at this company has made me realize my high level of pottential
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  NYMay 25, 2015
Working at Lessing's Inc. was very inviting at first, Managers are outstanding individuals and work according to your scheduling needs.
However, growth in pay and advancement was not possible. It required long hours of work long periods of time and no guaranteed advancement or raise of pay.
Pros
free Lunch, Co workers worked toghter and efficiently like a team
Cons
Low pay no advancement, no 401k. Plan, Long work hours
Productive and Fun Atmosphere
Interim Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYMay 13, 2015
Very easy to become lost in the pleasant feeling of the job. We worked with good people and good students creating a safe and calm atmosphere to advance the careers of the students we managed and always left each day knowing we made a great difference.
Great While In College
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYMay 8, 2015
This place gave me the opportunity to learn while in school. I got to meet various people and improved my presentation skills. HELP workplace is fun!
Loved working for Mercy College.
Student Manager - College Librarian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYMay 8, 2015
Mercy College thought how to be patient with others as well as to be patient with myself. As I learn how to be more approachable, I was thought the importance of being a leader and what it would entail in been a leader.
Pros
Good breaks and lots of free time to finish school work
Cons
Pay was not the best.
Interesting enviroment with fun but quirky co-workers
Assistant Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  555 Broadway Dobbs Ferry NY 10522April 2, 2015
A typical day begins by going onto outlook and checking e-mails from vendors that have been contacted previously for pricing quotations for products needed. Price quotations are then viewed, printed, and saved in their appropriate folders on the computer, and the physical copies are then hole punched and placed in their designated section according to vendor. Once the quotations are handled, I will create a requisition for each quotation received. The requisition number is then copied and entered into an e-mail which includes the electronic copy of the quotation and then sent to the purchasing department for further processing. I work very closely with the Lab Manager, the purchasing department, professors, and vendors to ensure that products are ordered in a timely manner to ensure they make it in time for each lab session. I contact vendors to inquire about products that could be back ordered. Through this job I had the ability to learn from smart, funny, and highly organized individuals. They have always kept the mood light and learning the process fun. The most enjoyable part of this position is interacting with the vendors, and checking the orders. Being that this is a science department, we sometimes receive interesting specimen and it makes it more entertaining.
Pros
Great work enviroment, friendly co-workers, great location
Cons
The position was temporary, company is seeking a Master's degree for current position being held

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercy College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2