Mercy College Employee Reviews

academically Mercy College was on a non-university academic level.
Lecturer of Religion and Philosphy (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYNovember 28, 2017
lack of academic expectations from students, forced to give inflated grades or would lose position for next semester. poor management, little enjoyment.
Pros
Cons
many non-English speaking pupils allowed to matriculate in their native language
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistantship (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYNovember 15, 2017
Generic graduate assistant work. Not the most entertaining, but perhaps very different from a full-time position. Also, because I have no interest in office work, my opinion on the position is naturally neutral to negative. On the plus side, I have a great supervisor and it's a pretty laid back environment. Again, not sure how transferable my experience as a GA is to other full-time positions within the school.
And then SHE showed up
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 15, 2017
I was offered an adjunct job when I took my MS. I taught at least two courses a semester. In 2013, new management took over my department. And I was gone.
Pros
Nice atmosphere.
Cons
No job security.
Very fun place to work.
Lead Cashier - Cafeteria (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYNovember 11, 2017
On a typical day at mercy is fun and laughter. I pretty much enjoyed the environment with the students. They made my day as productive as possible. Working for this company was a great experience there is just no future there.
Pros
student
Cons
no health care
I would definitely recommend this school
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2017
Mercy is my alma mata and i love this school. The only difficulty i have with this place of higher learning is the fact that they are based in Dobbs Ferry N.Y.
Pros
nice people
Cons
to far away
Great job due to hours
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYOctober 24, 2017
A typical day working as an RA involves lock outs and addressing noise complains of residential students. The management at times did not communicate the same thing to all the employees which at times caused confusion. The hardest part of the job is really handling tough situations between students. The most enjoyable part is that we receive free room and board + are only "on duty" 6 days out of the month where for 12 hours of that day we are on call for all emergencies.
Pros
free room and board, work with your schedule
Cons
duty on the weekends is 247
Review
Teaching Assistant/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYOctober 13, 2017
Worked in a program that is no longer at Mercy, and never should have ended since it benefited both instructor and student.Good place to work if you know the right people to get hired.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Pay isn't that competive
There are some really nice people to work with there.
ADMISSIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 27, 2017
The hardest part of the job was, the college seemed to be always in transition. All new faculty, all new curriculum, high rate of turn over. I had 2 hours of training before I was expected to do my job.
The best part of the job was some of the people there, and some that have moved on from there, and I have become good friends, and I count that as a blessing.
Wonderful support
Professor of History (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 26, 2017
The administrative staff t Mercy are helpful, articulate and professional. The students are driven, mature, and fiercely committed to excelling. I have grown as a teacher during my time at Mercy.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
None thus far.
Flexible, enjoyable place to work.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYAugust 15, 2017
Flexible in the right office. Promotes furthering employee education via tuition remission programs. Day-to-day operations vary depending on office position.
Uncertain from semester to semester
Adjunct Clinical Professor (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYAugust 10, 2017
Unclear plan for troubled, poorly performing students.
Some very warm, concerned staff.
Some clinical hours awkward and do not provide students with hsnds on opportunities.
Need a protovol for poorly performing studentd.
Pros
Adequate salary
Cons
Weak supervision, no sense of where to turn with problems
Good
Library Circulation Desk Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYAugust 7, 2017
Federal work study position. Easy to learn the library functions. Dealt with many issues and concerns of a diverse student pool. Friendly management and coworkers.
A great place to work
Student Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJuly 20, 2017
I only worked there temporarily and yet I enjoyed the job very much. The hours are flexible, and the staff are friendly and open to hire new employees.
Interesting and productive workplace
STEM Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJuly 18, 2017
I was a student worker at Mercy College. It was a great experience while still learning a lot about the whole IT infrastructure. Probably the most enjoyable part of the job was working with Mercy College staff and students.
fun place to work
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJuly 12, 2017
Great place to work. Very professional and students were attentive. I found it very rewarding to work here and gained a great deal of experience.Students were always punctual and enjoyed attending class. The programs were very current and provided proper career preperation.
Pros
enjoyable classes
Cons
late hours
Rn
RN (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHJuly 11, 2017
Very stressful, but rewarding. Schedule is great. Management is great with the team. Always accommodating no matter what is going on. Always willing to help.
too long
Adjunct Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJuly 7, 2017
I dont work here anymore or only do when they offer me 2 classes. they pay is way too little for adjunct lectures. the students are also very lazy. it is not worth the commute
Potential
N/A (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 4, 2017
The institution has the potential to grow if all goes well. The direct reports, colleagues and students are what make the job super enjoyable. Those are my thoughts.
very fun working enviroment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 3, 2017
I loved working and attending school at mercy college. it was a great learning experience. the people were great. the most enjoyable part was learning.
Pay more attention to the workers
Academic Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 29, 2017
Should pay more attention to the subordinates - listen to them as they are the backbone of the company. Not everything that glitters is gold - look more closely at directors their job ethics, and relationship with subordinates.
Pros
free staff and family tuition
Cons
healthcare, low pay