Mercy College Employee Reviews

Supporting
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJune 8, 2017
The workplace culture is very supportive the management is there to support you and provide ample resources to make you a better tutor. The other tutors are always supportive and willing to help when you are unsure. A typical day at work is unpredictable, sometimes you will get a few students who need help and other times you are swamped with many students who need help. It all depends on the time of the year, typically it is the most busiest during mid-term and finals week.
Fun place to work
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJune 2, 2017
Great work atmosphere, very friendly people. Loved working with professionals and gaining their insight into experiments conducted in and outside the class. Excellent learning opportunity .
Pros
Free Lunch
Productive and fun place.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2017
I have done a lot of tasks at Mercy College such as making copies, scanning and emailing, assisting students with any concerns they may have. I am also a student at Mercy college so I am able to understand and assist these students before they meet with their counselors. I also work with Microsoft office and Microsoft excel inserting information.
No Room For Work
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYMay 11, 2017
Mercy does not hire faculty. So this means they have adjuncts covering the classes. There are NO benefits. While pay is okay, it is not enough to work solely at Mercy. The majority of adjuncts have a second job, and also tutor.
Cons
No Benefits
Relaxed workplace
Student Accounts Counselor (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYApril 25, 2017
Management seems to be scattered. there's no training program devised in order to help employees learn all that is required of them. Although it is a very relaxed work environment.
Productive and displays growth
College Assistant- Pact Office (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYApril 9, 2017
A typical day at work can switch from being calm to busy to calm again. I learned better communication skills as well as time management. The management is nice and understanding. They do a lot of activities for each holiday. The hardest part of the job is waking up to be there at 9 a.m. So that tells you it's pretty easy. The most enjoyable part of the job is the staff. It's like a big family.
Pros
Paid break
Not The Best Residential Life Program
Resident Director (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYMarch 21, 2017
Residential Life needs a lot of improvements. There is not enough supervisory staff and those helping with the supervisor on duty call. I am on duty almost every week for at least 4 days since I started in August. I find myself being burned out a lot not wanting to do much after work because I am so tired. It takes away from my social life, and being able to plan events for myself.

I have not been happy in this position since October. The RA staff is the one good thing about this position for they help you to stay positive.

It is hard to work in a division of student affairs that wants to be about student/community development, when the school itself sees only money signs when students walk through the door.
Pros
Getting to know the RA Staff and helping them develop; being close to home.
Cons
work hours, after hour work hours, no support, a lot of "run around", no growth
Rewarding experience
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Various cities and onlineMarch 6, 2017
Excellent program and experience. I have been able to lead and mentor hundreds of students in dozens of classes and have learned an enormous amount about utilizing differing approaches.
Pros
Teaching is a great profession
Cons
Would like more classroom work and less online work
Mercy College
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 11, 2017
Working at Mercy college was fine, I learn a lot even though it didn't pertain to my field and I enjoyed my time there. Great environment.
fun and productive place to work
Administrative Assistant, Financial Aid Dept (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 29, 2016
great experience working and growing up through college,

great co workers
management was very helpful
hardest part of the job was the long hours
most enjoyable was helping students
Busy office handling student accounts
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYNovember 12, 2016
Typical day at work consisted of answering phone calls, creating spreadsheets, scheduling appointments, and helping students with academic inquiries
Great place to work, agreeable working conditions.
Adjunct Professor of Psychology (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2016
Mercy college has a great working environment. The supervisors are always there to answer any question I might have. The classrooms are clean and the equipment is kept up to date. I learned to use Blackboard, which is a online teaching program. Classes for myself and other professors were made available to fit our schedules.
Pros
Numerous work locations
Cons
None that come to mine
Very intense environment
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYAugust 4, 2016
Working at Mercy College was very hard but well worth it cause you learn so much about yourself and how to work and deal with so many different types of people. As a college student I would refur this job to all students it will enhance there college experience.
Pros
Pay and experience
Cons
Intense situations
Innovative, fun and opportune environment
Talent Acquisition Manager, Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYMay 17, 2016
I have personally worked in the construction of the Business Honors program. Throughout the four years I have dedicated to growing and improving this program, I have networked with highly intelligent and resourceful faculty.
Great working environment
MATHEMATICS TUTOR/OFFICE ADMINISTARATOR (Current Employee) –  New YorkApril 24, 2016
everyday, I face the challenge to pass on mathematical knowledge from simple to hard problems. In dealing with the students one need too be extremely patient while passing the knowledge.
The management are very great and assists the professors and tutors in achieving their aims. The job is really great and it involves different ways of conveying knowledge.
Mercy College Kinesiology Course
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYApril 2, 2016
Mercy is a great college which offers a lot of support to its staff as well as the students. Its Masters degree program for OT offers flexible weekend hours which allows its students to work full time monday through friday while taking class lectures on the weekends.
Overall Rewarding Experience
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJanuary 21, 2016
As a peer mentor, I had open flexibility to meet with my students that were assigned to me. It was a positive experience as a leadership role. I would advise my students about on-campus opportunities, as well as academic studies. As for my co-workers, they were all pleasant to work with and were willing to work events with me. My management was very professional, flexible and willing to help me. I learned how to mentor my students in a way that helped them make better academic decisions. The most enjoyable part of this job was bonding with my students, knowing that I was able to help them when other advisement could not. The hardest part of this job, I would have to say, was receiving a successful response rate from all of my students; while I was assigned a large group of students, I would only receive responses from a small amount of students simply because the others would not reply when I reached out to them repeatedly. Overall, I enjoyed my role as a peer mentor and would like to pursue further tutoring/mentoring positions.
Pros
Schedule Flexibility
Cons
Response Rate
Professional Work Environment
Data Entry and Analysis (Former Employee) –  Yorktown Heights, NYDecember 30, 2015
Important and Relevant work experience. Enjoyed my time there, friendly staff and helpful employers. I learned how to use varying computer programs.
Productive Environment
Office Assistant, Department of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYDecember 27, 2015
Great staff, effective work environment. Co-worker are friendly and encouraging.
Typical day involves filing documents, assisting any faculty if help is needed, and answering phones providing support for individuals who may have questions and concerns.
Great learning experience.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYDecember 23, 2015
This was a great way for me to earn money during school and advance myself through internship. I would definitely do this another time.