Mercy Corps Employee Reviews

productive work place with dynamic team
Livestock services specialist (Former Employee) –  Negele BorenaAugust 9, 2015
Excellent work place with programatic areas with good theory of change for coommunity development. I have System change approch for Economic and Market development project. Well experienced seniour advisors is what I like most in MC. Emergency sition over laps with development is the harderst prt of my job . Cosely working with private and government sector was the most enjoable part of my experiance
Pros
free tea break
Cons
medical insurnce
Productive and serious work place
Translator and Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Gaza, NHMarch 19, 2015
I love working with the stuff since they are very creative , determined and well organised .

I used to support mentees to develop their 3-month implementation plan and agree on the final draft of the plan.
I used to spend 4 hours per week with each group of mentees (one to one mentoring) or (group of mentees) to monitor their progress, analyze their efficiency and guide them of how to develop their online profiles in freelancing websites, apply for and win online bids from freelancing websites, help them to properly communicate with prospective clients,highlight and encourage opportunities where freelancers can work in groups rather than individuals, answer questions raised by mentees, providing new techniques for generation of income online within or out of freelancing platforms, report on any issues affecting the successful implementation of the project and finally,supporting and help mentees and follow-up them online (e.g. Facebook groups\Skype).
In finance department the review is that ethics and ethical vallues are required as of cord of conduct,puntuality an sbove all work as been a core.
Finance Assistant (Current Employee) –  jubaSeptember 1, 2014
Every day at the work place has been functional and operative.
As a finance officer you are expected to operate on all your duties meaning that all financial responsibilities must be learned by a finance officer
Management part of finance is its control and allocation
at the course of work all my co-workers have finance officer
finance control is the most difficult part of the job
team work
Pros
not important
Cons
personal
Great place to be an intern!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 1, 2014
Every year Mercy Corps brings on an accounting student to help with the audit process and the tax return. My bosses at Mercy Corps did a great job finding projects for me that were challenging, to help me grow and learn.
Very Empowering employer
Learning and Knowledge Advisor (Current Employee) –  Addis AbabaMarch 3, 2014
The best part of this job is the many opportunities it offers for career and personal growth
Pros
temp duty assignments out of country
volunteering with mercy corps and working with there kids programms was the best thing that ever happened to me
(volunteer), LEBANON (Former Employee) –  baalbek, LebanonJanuary 11, 2014
the best part was working with kids... i'm a pharmacist i knew everything about drugs but none of them could draw a smile on a child's face ..... helping with the distribution of none food items made me feel that i'm positively helping these refugees to get throw the hard times ... mercy corps staff are very organized and dedicated and their processes were very clear and all of them treat everyone with respect... i learned a lot about myself and about what i can do ... it was a very special chapter in my life and i hope that its going to be continued in the future :) thank you mercy corps.
Work would be more beneficial if management will be cooperative
Project Manager, Project Implementation Unit (PIU) (Former Employee) –  Islamabad and LahoreAugust 23, 2013
The hardest part of the job was ego issues of management. No respect to working hours. Even on holidays you were asked to come office. Delays in response from management thus resulting in over all delays in deliverables.
Pros
compensation and benefits were good
Cons
no breaks. working even after working hours and on holidays
The most productive workplace of my life.
Sr. Field Program Coordinator/ Head of Office (Former Employee) –  Kakata, Margibi CountyDecember 14, 2012
A typical work day at Mercy Corps was in the field working with the most needed people and standing up for their cause, helping to build their capacities most especially during the Liberian civil war. Learned to work under pressure and very difficult circumstances. At mercy Corps, it was really a great team of co-workers all believing in improving the lives of the needed and bringing social and economic change to local communities. The hardest part of our work at Mercy Corps was working in an insecured environment where young people carrying AK-47s were the kings and lords of the day. I really enjoy the capacity building programs at Mercy Corps. There were always new learning opportunities for staff and local people.