Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital Employee Reviews

Fun work place and a Learning experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Darby, PAJune 29, 2016
Selected, used, and disposed of chemicals and solvents associated with housekeeping with a focus on safety that resulted in no spills or loss of containment.
I enjoyed working with patients and helping 5 Cardiologists
CNA, Unit Clerk and PSR (Former Employee) –  Darby, PAMay 21, 2016
I worked under 5 Cardiologists and enjoyed interacting with the patients. I checked elegibilty for each patient everyday and also called for referrals and dis pre-certs, dealing with insurance companies.
Pros
people
Cons
workers didn't follow up on thier work
Great place to work!
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Darby, PADecember 4, 2015
My typical work day starts at 3pm where I get report from the morning shift aide. Afterwards, I will round on each of my patients to check if they need their beds changed, if they need assistance going to the bathroom, etc. By 6pm, the dinner cart arrives on the floor, and it's my responsibility to assist any of the patients that may need help with feedings or with a meal set up.
About 2 hours before my shift ends, I will usually do another round on my patients to make sure everyone's beds are clean (i.e. patients that are incontinent) I also check to see if my patients are comfortable or need me for anything. By 11pm, my shift has ended and I prepare to give report to the oncoming aide.
Pros
Friendly staff, Great benefits, Close proximity to public transportation
Cons
If you are Per Diem, scheduling can be a hassle
Enjoyed working at this organization. Feels like home.
Assistant Director of Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Darby, PAOctober 12, 2015
Great place to work, maintained much respect from Medical Staff and administration.
Pharmacy department had nice working staff. Everyone worked well together. Worked a good part of my career here. Would return to work if needed in the future.
Pros
Respect from Medical Staff and Nursing
Cons
Hours and shift changes unpredictable.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Darby, PASeptember 28, 2015
If management were'nt so fixed on digging for imperfections this place would be awesome. The Director here is too much to work with, she literally can't see the workflow being ran smooth "she must find errors, perfection is impossible"
Fun ,happy environment. Loved being at work. Manager was very good at his job.
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Yeadon, PASeptember 7, 2015
Cleaning of patient rooms and bathrooms. Also cleaned er rooms and made beds. Was very good at my job and loved doing it! Co-workers overall were easy to work with.
Pros
LOVED MANAGEMENT. LOVED MY CO-WORKERS AND GETTING TO KNOW THE PATIENTS
Cons
SHORT BREAKS, NOT ENOUGH CLEANING SUPPLIES TO EFFECTIVELY DO MY JOB
Good working environment.
CST (Former Employee) –  Lansdowne, PAAugust 17, 2015
People centered and patient focus establishment. It was a pleasant experience working with them. Hope I can work there again.
Pros
Very supportive
Cons
Stressful shifts
Lead Mammography Technologist (Current Employee) –  Darby, PAApril 22, 2015
I love my job and all the people I work with. At this time I am looking for per diem hours to supplement my part time hours. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the patients. The hardest part is giving patients bad news. I have learned to become a patient and compassionate person.
Intake Cordinator
Intake Crisis Worker (Current Employee) –  PAMarch 12, 2015
A typical day at work is filled with phone calls from the billing departments, from a variety of managed care organizations. A typical day at work includes the door bell ringing, the emergency room calling, the mobile team dropping off voluntary consumers, and the police dropping off consumers for an involuntary evaluation or a voluntary evaluation. The day includes focusing on the constant changes within the fragmented healthcare plans. A typical day includes spending hours trying to sort through, or figure out who manages someone healthcare plan. A typical day includes teaching the software used to verify insurance, gathering consumers medical records when they have the correct credentials. I can go on and on, but I will stop here.
I have learned how to multitask effectively, and stay focus.
The hardest part of the job is the fragmented structures, and keeping up with unrealistic agendas that are put in place that at times create confusion and disagreements. The hardest part of the job is to bridge the gap between the top down approach, and the bottom up approach for a better workflow.
The most enjoyable part of the job involves helping those who needs help.
Pros
downtime
Cons
short breaks
A friendly environment.
Externship Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansdowne, PAFebruary 15, 2015
Excellent place to work. One of my best experience working at Mercy Fitzgerald hospital was a peaceful and friendly place to work.
Great upper management, family like staff
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  Lansdowne, PANovember 7, 2014
Wonderful place to work. No micro management all adults know the responsibility of the job and we as a team make it happen.
Exciting, productive confidential environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Darby, PAJuly 7, 2014
A typical day at work required your full attention, barely room for any mistakes. Greeting patients friendly and with a pleasant attitude, always answering the phone scheduling appointments and helping with the patient rooms if necessary. I've learned the importance of confidentiality and being able to multitask. The Dr, I worked for was extremely pleasant and helpful to my future job positions by introducing me to new things, my co-workers was also very friendly and welcoming when I was only a temporary employee. The hardest part of my job was initially learning about the medical perspective of my job. The most enjoyable was being able to walk away with a new experience, meeting new people.
mercy fitz
student radiologic technologist (Former Employee) –  Darby, PAMay 13, 2014
The workers are nice and everyone helps each other out. Its a nice calm work environment.
its been ok so far.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Darby, PAJanuary 27, 2014
I've enjoyed my time so far there. I wish i could pick up more hours.
laid back position
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Upper Darby, PADecember 31, 2013
busy laid back environment, good manager, flexible work hours
Pros
schedule
Cons
pay
good starter job
CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Darby, PADecember 21, 2013
Management is uncaring of employees. Good job security but opportunity for advancement is almost non existent.
Great Work Environment
REHAB AIDE (Former Employee) –  Darby, PADecember 4, 2013
Mercy Hospital is a great place to work. While working with Mercy, I was able to gain a wealth of experience and work with a host of great peers and supervisors. Their motto is 'Mercy Starts with 'Me' and as with any job, you get what you put into it. The management is responsive and easily accessible at all times.
blahh
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 29, 2013
it paid the bills but working there you realize theres better out there especially when theres no room to grow nor benefits
What i am experiencing at Mercy Fitzgerald
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Darby, PAOctober 16, 2013
At Mercy Fitzgerald i learn something new every day. I like how the site is very organized. I like how every one can communicate with each other.
A new adventure everyday
Team lead (Current Employee) –  DarbyAugust 20, 2013
This place is ridiculous. You're hired for one thing and get more job titles with no extra pay. Instead of giving decent raises, you get a bbq and gift instead.
Pros
close to home
Cons
lack of communication and you're not valued for hard work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2