Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital

Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital Employee Reviews

Intake Cordinator
Intake Crisis Worker (Current Employee), PAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: downtime
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work is filled with phone calls from the billing departments, from a variety of managed care organizations. A typical day at work includes the door bell ringing, the emergency room calling, the mobile team dropping off voluntary consumers, and the police dropping off consumers for an involuntary evaluation or a voluntary evaluation. The day includes focusing on the constant changes within the fragmented healthcare plans. A typical day includes spending hours trying to sort through, or figure out who manages someone healthcare plan. A typical day includes teaching the software used to verify insurance, gathering consumers medical records when they have the correct credentials. I can go on and on, but I will stop here.
I have learned how to multitask effectively, and stay focus.
The hardest part of the job is the fragmented structures, and keeping up with unrealistic agendas that are put in place that at times create confusion and disagreements. The hardest part of the job is to bridge the gap between the top down approach, and the bottom up approach for a better workflow.
The most enjoyable part of the job involves helping those who needs help.
A friendly environment.
Externship Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Lansdowne, PAFebruary 15, 2015
Excellent place to work. One of my best experience working at Mercy Fitzgerald hospital was a peaceful and friendly place to work.
Great upper management, family like staff
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee), Lansdowne, PANovember 7, 2014
Wonderful place to work. No micro management all adults know the responsibility of the job and we as a team make it happen.
Exciting, productive confidential environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Darby, PAJuly 7, 2014
A typical day at work required your full attention, barely room for any mistakes. Greeting patients friendly and with a pleasant attitude, always answering the phone scheduling appointments and helping with the patient rooms if necessary. I've learned the importance of confidentiality and being able to multitask. The Dr, I worked for was extremely pleasant and helpful to my future job positions by introducing me to new things, my co-workers was also very friendly and welcoming when I was only a temporary employee. The hardest part of my job was initially learning about the medical perspective of my job. The most enjoyable was being able to walk away with a new experience, meeting new people.
mercy fitz
student radiologic technologist (Former Employee), Darby, PAMay 13, 2014
The workers are nice and everyone helps each other out. Its a nice calm work environment.
its been ok so far.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Darby, PAJanuary 27, 2014
I've enjoyed my time so far there. I wish i could pick up more hours.
laid back position
Telephone Operator (Former Employee), Upper Darby, PADecember 31, 2013
Pros: schedule
Cons: pay
busy laid back environment, good manager, flexible work hours
good starter job
CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Darby, PADecember 21, 2013
Management is uncaring of employees. Good job security but opportunity for advancement is almost non existent.
Great Work Environment
REHAB AIDE (Former Employee), Darby, PADecember 4, 2013
Mercy Hospital is a great place to work. While working with Mercy, I was able to gain a wealth of experience and work with a host of great peers and supervisors. Their motto is 'Mercy Starts with 'Me' and as with any job, you get what you put into it. The management is responsive and easily accessible at all times.
blahh
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 29, 2013
it paid the bills but working there you realize theres better out there especially when theres no room to grow nor benefits
What i am experiencing at Mercy Fitzgerald
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Darby, PAOctober 16, 2013
At Mercy Fitzgerald i learn something new every day. I like how the site is very organized. I like how every one can communicate with each other.
A new adventure everyday
Team lead (Current Employee), DarbyAugust 20, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: lack of communication and you're not valued for hard work
This place is ridiculous. You're hired for one thing and get more job titles with no extra pay. Instead of giving decent raises, you get a bbq and gift instead.
Mental Health law issues
Crisis Intake Worker (Former Employee), Darby, PAJuly 8, 2013
Pros: i enjoyed the work i did providing a service to patients needing care.
Cons: not being able to help the elderly people in need.
Working for this company has been a very intriguing experience. Most of the upper management and the police did not have any understanding of the Mental Health laws. We would repeatedly had issues over the correct way patient care should be completed.
family oriented and friendly
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Darby, PAJune 12, 2013
Mercy Hospital was the a nice place to work and where I gained my experienced as Lab Assistant
I enjoyed working on various floors in the hospital.
Clinical Service Technician (Former Employee), Darby, PAMarch 24, 2013
I learned my phlebotomy skills there. I worked with children and the emergency room was the best. I was able to experience alot there.
A decent hospital to work for with good benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Darby, PAMarch 21, 2013
Pros: nice lunch breaks, decent benefits, good patient care, dedicated staff
Cons: top management inconsiderate about lower level employees
I enjoy working at Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital for the most part. The staff is dedicated to providing the best care possible for their patients. There is no typical day at work as it is a very fast paced environment with patients going in and out of the hospital everyday. I learned how various hospital protocols through working here as well as laboratory related processes. My co-workers are very cooperative and help me become a better employee. My only concern is that top management is strictly interested in cost savings and are willing to sacrifice employees to obtain it.
great place
Nurse Coordinator/Acute Rehabilitation Unit (Current Employee), Darby, PANovember 30, 2012
Pros: great communicators and team players
Cons: need more educational programs available for nursing growth
Typical work day is benefical socially, physically and very interactive communicative interdisciplinary teams, hardest part is when a patient choose another facility and i do not meet budget
central processing
CSP Technician Intern (Former Employee), Lansdowne, PASeptember 11, 2012
• 400 hours clinical completed in Decontamination, Prep/Packaging, Instrument processing, Starred / Steam sterilization and biological monitoring.
• Anatomy / Physiology
• Quality Assurance
• Communication and Human Relation Skills
Great staff; compassionate care
on-call radiology services (Current Employee), Darby, PASeptember 8, 2012
Pros: compassionate staff. it is not just a commercial, it is genuine.
Cons: nothing significant
I've worked part time at Fitz for 5 years. I have also worked and taught at major university medical centers in the city. HANDS DOWN, this is the most compassionate organization I have ever worked for. Nursing staff treats every patient like family. I have never seen this level of care anywhere else. (I am not part of nursing service). Staff at all levels are upbeat, friendly, and all put the patient first. The pay is not great, its not the newest facility out there, and doesn't have the latest and greatest of everything. What they do have is little staff turnover and a staff that cares and wants to be there.
Working as a employee at Mercy Fitizgerald hospital is very rewarding,I work with terminally ill patient ( Hospice).
Certifield Nursing Technician (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 5, 2012
Pros: communication becomes even more important-effective communication in business is always vital;
Cons: difficult to express emotion when you don't communicate
My typical day at work can be challenging, you meet families talk to patient during their last and finally days can been sad and happy at the same time. You get to know the patient before and after and it's a beautiful thing to know that all of us are very special.I learned that when you work in the healthcare field and work with patient who are ill you, start to appreciate life at it's full advantage instead of taking it for granted.Working with my co-workers you become a family within it self because we work as a team and it's very important to lean each other helping hand.The hardest part of my job when a patient takes it's last breath and watching families go through the pain and hurt of lossing a love one. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I can reach out to someone who may need a listening ear or a touch of reassurance and support or maybe a hug. After the end of the day I can say it's a purpose to know that you have helped someone and a job well done..

About Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital

Mercy Health System of Southeastern Pennsylvania serves a portion of the state, but covers practically the entire continuum of – Read more