Mercy Health Partners

Mercy Health Partners Employer Reviews

Mercy Health Partners (MHP) was a fun and exciting place to work.
Clinical Nurse Manager Emergency Department (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIMay 5, 2014
Pros: the combination and strength of the ed staff and physicians.
Cons: the wait times to get to the inpatient side.
Of course in management especially in an ED there is no typical day. I learned so much more about emergency/disaster preparedness, TRIAGE, and a committed physician group all Board Certified Physicians - it made a difference. We all worked together as a team. Changes made in the Triage area reduced our wait times and the ED door to doc time went from – more... 1 - 11/2 to 19 minutes within 2 weeks. i LOVED triage but learned so much more from this project.
The nursing staff was solid. We had ED TECHS who were quick to forget some boundaries. Any manager dislikes discipline. That is the hardest, as are the 7am meetings!
The union can be a help or hinderance. The nurses union at Mercy was more helpful and easier to work with. – less
New challenges are met everyday
Infection Prevention and Control Practitioner (Current Employee), Muskegon, MIApril 24, 2014
Working for Mercy Health makes you realize how it is so crucial that the communication of information be very clear and accurate. This has taught me that I must look at different venues for communication and understand the audience to whom I am communicating. This is also the hardest part of my job.
exciting work environment
Case Manager (Current Employee), MuskegonApril 22, 2014
exciting work environment
Fast paced/high stress environment
- Psychosocial evaluations and facilitating transfers to inpatient psych hospitals
- Home and age evaluations - nursing home placement or home care referrals
- Working with insurance companies to approve/authorize nursing home or inpatient psychiatric placement (both evaluation and placement – more... of all ages)
- In event of trauma, contacting and providing guidance to families/help families with arrangements
- Extensive knowledge of community resources – less
Co workers
Billing Specialist / Accounts Receivables (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 16, 2014
I really enjoy working with a team who have goals and are driven to succeed.
Productive fun work place
Rehab Aide (Current Employee), Muskegon, MiApril 6, 2014
I currently hold a relief position so my days consist of two different options. One maybe working in the Wound and lymphedema clinic. This job requires me to bring patients back to a room, obtain there vitals, remove the current dressing, put a new dressing on, and clean the room for the next patient to come back. The second option for me is helping – more... with inpatient physical/occupational therapy. I would help the therapist with getting a patient out of bed, walk, ADLs, put the patient back to a comfortable position and making sure they have everything the need at the moment. I have learned to communicate and work well with others. I have also learned to be flexible. I enjoy working with my co-workers. They are all friendly, fun and hard working. The hardest part of my job is lifting patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the patients succeed in which ever goal they are trying to meet. My favorite part is seeing a patients wound completely healed. – less
Unpaid internship
Internship Experience (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 22, 2014
A great place to learn. As a student I was able to gain experience in various departments and and facilities.
Unit Secretary/ Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 20, 2014
This was a very rewarding job working with senior citizens.
Motto's are an image not always lived by, by the company.
House/Emergency Department Orderly (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: hands on care
Cons: politics and disorganization
A loose "Christian" organization that does not live by it's motto's and pillars of strength, but by politics and self-indulgence. The bottom line comes WAY before patient care.
great support
Corporate Compliance Specialist (Former Employee), Toledo, OHJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: required interesting skill set
Cons: cut back too soon
Audit and report on compliance efforts
quality analysis by member hospitals.
Research and lead meetings and seminars on HIPAA,
Red Flag Rules, etc,
•Completion of hospital based insurance contracts and Medicare report forms.
Mercy is a great place to work, mission statement is good.
Medical Technologist, Generalist (Current Employee), Fairfield, OHJanuary 20, 2014
Mercy is a great place to work, their mission is good. I enjoy helping patients. i have alot of highly skilled co-workers.
Great Employer
IV Team RN (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: professional staff
Cons: cafateria sucks
Wonderful place to work. Highest standards. A community based hospital serving Muskegon.
Enjoyable place of employment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), WhiteCloudDecember 13, 2013
A busy place of employment where I learned and enjoyed working with a variety of people and patients.
loving, caring coworkers. management is detached.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 17, 2013
Pros: great coworkers, awesome gift shop
Cons: patient flow too demanding considering staff, extremely expensive health insurance
I learned everything I know about Radiology working at Mercy, and I know a lot! Crosstraining in different departments is routine, coworkers are loving, caring, helpful people. Management is disconnected with the reality of the Radiology and connecting departments. Usually understaffed, as management makes more cuts in positions and hours worked. The – more... stress of the situation takes it's toll on employees while remaining overworked and understaffed as management only care about money and "PRODUCTIVITY." – less
Good work enviroment with great co-workers
Medical Assistant/Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Muskegon MichiganOctober 26, 2013
Pros: work hours and staff
Cons: breaks
My typical day includes taking patients back to see the physician. This includes getting vitals, performing EKG's, small office proceudres, calling in scripts, stocking rooms, phone triage, scheduling patients, making refferals, performing drug screens, performing PFT, audiograms, and performing radiologic exams.
I enjoy working with my co-workers to – more... provide our clients with the highest quality of health care.
The management team works with their staff to provide us with the knowledge to best support out facility, and our clients with the best health care.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to work with my patients, and help them with their medical needs. – less
Great place to work with great management and great team.
Advanced Scheduler (Current Employee), Toledo, OHOctober 25, 2013
I have had the opportunity to learn and grow professionally while at Mercy Health Partners. I have the opportunity to work individually and also be part of a great team. Management is fair and always eager to help you improve.
Job Security
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Toledo, OhioOctober 8, 2013
I would still be working at St. Anne's and Kypro's Inc. but I decided to move to the Nashville area!
My experience at Mercy Health Partners
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), cincinnati ohioSeptember 14, 2013
Pros: free parking, free doughnuts and fruit in the morning
Cons: 30 minute lunch or no lunch, low pay, poor benefits with high deductible insurance.
My typical day at work includes me going to morning meeting and the manager and educators giving the team updates on a daily basis about surgery. I learn how to scrub a different surgery everyday. I have 1 manager and 4 different surgery specialty coordinators so if I need resources, I can ask them for advice. My co-workers are all helpful and we get – more... along. Since many of them have been nurses and scrub techs from 3 years to 20 years, they are also helpful before a case if I need help. The hardest part of the job is being on call with a surgeon that does a surgery that I have never scrubbed. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing different cases and knowing that I am learning something new everyday. – less
closing do to outsourcing
Courier Driver (Current Employee), Toledo, OHSeptember 10, 2013
This was a great part time retirement job.
I found it to be challenging and fulfilling.
fun workplace,nice people,ideal job
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 12, 2013
this job has been a lot of inspiration to me and not only that I excel exceedingly well in it, my success has built so much of my confidence in it.
Exceeds expectations
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIAugust 8, 2013
Mercy Health Partners was an amazing opportunity. I personally learned so much from all different types of situations. In the beginning of my career there I was placed at the Oak Campus in Express testing where my coworkers taught me how to register patients and order test, I learned the correct order to collect tubes and which tubes would go to the – more... centrifuge and which where whole blood, also learned how to tell which specimens needed to be aliquated and sent off to a reference lab. I became real close with my coworkers and there was rarely tension in the lab, also got to work closely with Oak Med-Center staff because we would register their patients to be seen. I ended up transferring to Mercy Hospital's main lab where I got to see the fast pace of running in the emergency room and I learned how to quickly and effectively respond to codes or priorities. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be the rush I got when we would have a priority one coming in or a Code Blue called. Hardest part of my job would have to be getting close to the standing order patients who would come in every week to once a month, these patients are usually elderly and after a year you start to notice that they are passing away. Christopher Halberda is a wonderful lab manager, he is hands on with his staff and gets to know them well enough that he can look into their eyes and see if there is something wrong. He covers main lab and some off site campuses and has to do all the staffing, I would say that about 93% of the time he manages to staff all locations adequately. – less

1 2 3