Mercy Health Partners Employee Reviews

St. Charles
ER Health Unit Coordinator/PCT (Current Employee) –  Oregon, OHAugust 13, 2016
I enjoy working for St. Charles, I believe they set a new standard to patient care. I love the hospital itself and love my coworkers, they truly feel like family to me.
Great Staff
Deskside Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 30, 2016
The staff is great to work with, they are able to accommodate your needs in a moments notice. Staff is willing to help teach as well.
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJune 27, 2016
very busy, coworkers helpful and great, managers varied as there have been a couple, hardest part non union. most enjoyable is receiving different phone calls and just being able to help someone locate a loved one or just help them in any way.
enjoyable
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 13, 2016
overall enjoyable experience. On the job training when first opened. Help to set up this psychiatric unit and watched it grow into one of the best in NW Ohio.
Pros
good learning environment
Job duties
billing assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 1, 2016
My duties included running patient invoices, and CMS-1500 forms, answering phone calls, Data inputting, verifing insurnace, posting Ohio Medicaid payments and working on insurance denials and account review.
Cons
short on staff
Poor Management in Revenue Cycle
Insurance Denials Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHApril 21, 2016
Directors treat employees like children. There is no transparency in terms of company direction. The people themselves are great though. Leadership is the problem.
Can be a good place to work
Surgical Assistant/ Technologists (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHApril 13, 2016
I was very difficult adapting to the strong personalities that run the unit. Management does not get involved when they should.
Good Enviroment
OPEN HEART RECOVERY & CHARGE RN / CVICU (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 3, 2016
Good Enviroment to work in, great manager. Coworkers are team players. Competitive pay and benefits. Good problem solving.
Nice team work
Staff nurse on the renal/IMC floor (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIFebruary 21, 2016
Good place to work if you like team work, evidence based quality, compassionate care. Good benefits. Difficult to take time off or vacations.
miserable place to work
service excellence specialist (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHFebruary 20, 2016
I worked as a service excellence specialist in mason, OH and it was the worst job ever. The patients that call in can never be helped because mercy is so behind with faxes and mail. It seemed like management was more worried about how many calls were received in a day over more then actually helping. Patients, attorney's, or whoever is requesting information would wait months and months before they ever received what they made a request for. I was hired to work 8 to 4:30 but after a month my hours changed, the training is HORRIBLE, the staff isn't helpful at all with helping new employees, it's like you go to training for a week then get on the phones alone the following week. I received a bill for a drug test and vaccines that I had to get prior to employment that wasn't suppose to be my responsibility. My child was added to insurance and I was charged for it when he wasn't suppose to be on my insurance. When I received my final pay check they went back and took money from my bank account without a warning and over drew my account. This company is horrible and I wouldn't recommend working there. The only good thing about the job is the pay.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
short breaks, unorganized, not helpful, horrible insurance, poor training
busy icu
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIFebruary 1, 2016
admit ,transfer and discharge patients.start and discontinue iv therapy. work with drs and other health care professionals to improve patient outcomes
Pros
enjoyed patients and families
Mercy Health
Medical Transcription Editor (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJanuary 28, 2016
I was very happy with Mercy Health. Loved my job and being able to work from home. Mercy offered treat 403b, generous vacation time and pay. Very sad to have been forced out. I enjoyed very much working for this company.
Pros
Working from home, wages and vacation.
Cons
Being outsoursed.
Unstable
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJanuary 26, 2016
Getting to unstable in the work area's no room for advancement, I do enjoy my coworkers. Raises are to small for the job responsibilities.
A pleasant place to work for.
patient access (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJanuary 20, 2016
Clock in.Log into the system to register ED patients to be seen. I would go from room to room and verify insurance's,collect copay's, Verify demographic's. Get all papers singed. I learned how to be more opened and flexible with understanding of all cultures. My management department were there for all of us. We were all like family more than coworkers. Working in the ED you pull together as a team because you never know when a trauma will come in the doors. Watching people in pain. Knowing that I was part of a team that could do our little part in helping and healing the sick. It is a very satisfying feeling when your patient thanks you for your compassion.
Pros
Helping the healing of people
Cons
Sometime's seeing a life lost.
Co workers
RN (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 9, 2015
excellent team, positive work environment , many years of community involvement and community spirit within each work group/ department , promoted health care ministry
Pros
excellent educational references and support
Cons
na
Work place filled with teamwork
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIDecember 8, 2015
This work place has a hard working supportive management to back up their coworkers. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that the healthcare team will pull together as one to provide the patient care that is needed.
Sterile Processing Department
Sterile Processing Technician II (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MINovember 8, 2015
Under new management, little to no sterile experience, which makes it a little tough on those who know the job and have been doing it for years.
Pros
Payroll deduct in pharmacy and cafe, discount when using in network facilities
Cons
New Management
Very professional environment
Physician Billing (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MINovember 5, 2015
I was very happy working with this employer and loved my job. However my job will be eliminated due to system changes. If it would not be for this I was planning on retiring with this company.
Pros
I loved going into work
Cons
New computer system
Was a good job overall
Patient Care Assistant/ housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati ohioOctober 19, 2015
Was a great job , company was great. Had no issues at all working at this job and would have stayed til retirement. Truly miss working there. But had to move back to virginia
Overall good employer, need to work on building trust with employees
Emergency Dept. Technician (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIOctober 18, 2015
Fairly good place to work. Hospital tends to be more concerned about bottom line than staffing and patient safety concerns. Great deal of dis-trust among employees below management level. Morale seems low throughout hospital.
Pros
Great working team