Mercy Health System

Mercy Health System Employee Reviews

Learning Management System Administrator (Former Employee), Conshohocken, PAJune 8, 2015
Mercy Health System was a nice place to work. They treat their employees fairly and try to do the right thing. I enjoyed working for this company.
Excellent Work Place
Clinical Systems Analyst - EPIC Radiant (Current Employee), Janesville, WIMarch 27, 2015
Optimization of Epic Application
Always looking for ways to improve end user satisfaction and approval.
Management is excellent here.
Mercy Health
Corporate Director, Master Black Belt (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 12, 2015
A faith-based healthcare services ministry. Largest healthsystem in Ohio. Typically work independently at all levels of the organization to support and faciliate process improvement initiatives to improve patient safety and quality outcomes.
Fun place to work
Cash Applications Representative (Current Employee), Conshohocken, PAFebruary 3, 2015
A days work consist of posting payments to patients accounts. I've learned how necessary coding is for billing. The management team is always looking for ways to improve productivity. My co-workers are – more... very friendly. The hardest part of my job is not being able to reconcile batches with missing information. I enjoy the times of prayer we have with one another during the holidays, special occasions and times of sorrow. – less
Good practice
Clerckship (Former Employee), Woodstock, ILJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: good practice
Cons: no compensation
With the patient’s permission I was allowed to be in the exam room with the physician to observe the interview and patient examination

After seeing the patient a discussion about the patient was conducted in the doctor’s office

The nurses are very nice, corteous and helpful

The job was temporary only, but I enjoyed the professional and friendly setting
Bare Bones Healthcare
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 27, 2014
In the last several years, the Mercy system has been building beautiful buildings but cutting staff. Salaries are also below the regional average. Patient care has suffered in exchange for an emphasis on productivity and costs. I would not recommend this employer.
overall pretty good place
Medical Assistant/receptionist (Former Employee), Janesville, WINovember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches, employee benefits, great people
Cons: back stabbing, lots of hear say and feelings that no one is listening to you, etc
Great benefits, great people. Wish they would offer better pay and better pay increases but most likely guaranteed a raise every year. Didnt like the clickiness or the back stabbing of co-workers but manager was pretty good at dealing with difficult situations that would arise. Good work hours & a few employee engagment services that were awesome!
enjoyable work enviroment
PATIENT ACCOUNTS SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Janesville, WINovember 12, 2014
I learned how to work special projects with high importance. I am no longer able to stay with a degree due to the fact that there is no advancement in my position
good place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PANovember 9, 2014
The people are nice and they offer benefits and tuition rembursement for school.
Great Co-workers
Staff Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Southern WisconsinOctober 30, 2014
The patient care workers at Mercy Health system at their Harvard and Lake Geneva facilities are among the most wonderful, caring, hard working, dedicated people I have had the privilege of knowing. The – more... goal is truly to deliver exceptional patient care and be the best advocate to the patients that we, as care givers, can possibly be. Like any health system today it has become a business and is about making money. This is done by looking closely at staff vs patient ratio, having some departments that are not staff 24 hours a day and have to leave early based on census, mine included. This is the hardest part of my job. Having to leave when I now that I can be utilized in other capacities, especially when some departments are overwhelmed. Not to mention the loss in hours and therefore pay for not being able to stay and work my FTE. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching every coworker do their best to meet every need each patient has and do it with a smile on their face. It warms my heart to know I work with such amazing people. I've learned so much from them about my job and myself. I also enjoy our daily interdepartmental meeting to discuss all patients. It's gives a great overview of what is happening with our patients and provides input on each patient from several departments (physician, nursing, respiratory, PT, pharmacy, Social Workers, etc). It's a great time to work thru and discuss approaches with difficult cases. – less
Productive work place
Telephone Operator (Current Employee), Darby, PAOctober 16, 2014
A typical day at work is answering all incoming and in house calls for Mercy Health System and its facilities. I have learned that most people are caring and it's a pleasure to help them. Some of the calls – more... that we received can be difficult and we need to get information from the caller to better help them.
Management is pretty good for the most part. I do enjoy working with most of my co-workers. There are many personalities in the room but we do all work together. The hardest part of the job is sometimes working later hours and dealing with some difficult people.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you have a day that runs smoothly and are able to help connect callers to proper departments. – less
Cancer Program (Current Employee), Janesville, WISeptember 25, 2014
Supportive physicians. Flexible work atmosphere. Enjoyable and fun co-workers.
Fun work place with great employees.
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee), Janesville, WISeptember 7, 2014
Mercy is a great company to work for in the medical field. There are so many different job opportunities for you to move in to. The hardest part of the day would be when the Emergency Room would get full of patients, which then you always have multiple people to help you out. I enjoyed that it was always a different day and new people to meet.
Easy going Manual Labor position
Maintenance Aide (Former Employee), Janesville, WISeptember 2, 2014
Assisting with the groundskeeping duties fo rthe hospital and general landscaping maintenance
OVER ALL I LIKE MY JOB
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Lake Geneva, WIAugust 30, 2014
Pros: teamwork atmosphere, peers, feeling appreciated
Cons: short breaks, at times chaotic census, short staffing issues
A typical day consists of a variety of tasks and relationships with peers on all levels. This includes answering phones, correlating communications between the physicians in the unit I work and physicians – more... from a number of different facilities. Arranging admission to the hospital, transfers to other facilities, and registration of inbound ambulances. Utilization of resources within my facility such as use of managers, use of other departments to coordinate patient care; in addition to inter facility resources, outside resources include arranging transfer through ambulance services for patients and communicating with Walworth County Health and Human Services for patient follow up. I work closely with all of my peers and keep a teamwork attitude to keep the flow of the unit in harmony. I believe that his is most likely the most difficult part of my job; keeping a positive flow within the unit and keeping my peers with a positive attitude. The most enjoyable part of my job is the peers that I work with and the teamwork atmosphere that we have. – less
Enjoyed my position
Patient Account Representative and Collector (Former Employee), Janesville, WIAugust 4, 2014
Pros: continuing education and advancement
Cons: vp's direction with management was not successful, high turn around in management
I enjoyed working for Mercy for 7 years, my opinion was valued within in the department and management worked hard to unite our departments in to a team atmosphere.
fast pace flexible and challenging
Corporate Safety & Risk Manager (Current Employee), Janesville, WIJuly 27, 2014
Great place to work. If you like a predictable work environment you will not make it here. If you enjoy a challenge, striving to be the best, and a varied workday, you will love it.
Worked Remote
Coding Specialist II - CCM - Physician Services (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 6, 2014
Pros: working from home
I worked remote for Mercy under the umbrella of St. Louis. My supervisors were in Arkansas. I did Emergency Department Profee for the Springfield Emergency Doctors. I was getting ready to learn facility E/M and injections/IV infusion. I also worked on Ancillary and facility emergency department coding
Very Mission and Values Driven
Director - HR (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 1, 2014
Pros: religious organization
Cons: growing too fast
Very Mission and Values Driven, challenging work, a lot of opportunities to learn more skills to advance career.
PRN
PRN (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARJune 16, 2014
Pros: variety (peds, womens health, family pratice, after hours clinic)
Cons: none really
PRN job that really was full time. I enjoyed the work and they were great to work with my schedule at the time.

1 2 3 4