Mercy Health System Employee Reviews

It was a total delight to be employed by the Mercy Health System. Teamwork abounded, courtesy was always present, and the employees genuinely cared.
Administrative Coordinator, Dept. of Medicine (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 21, 2017
The dedication of the Medical Staff was the best that I've ever seen. I am very proud to have facilitated them n their work. Consensus decision making was the central theme of the hospital's culture, management was consistent and reliable, and employee growth was always being strived to attain. The days never seemed to be long enough, as the work we performed was instilled I the employees as their mission.
Pros
Comradery abounded throughout the departments, there was always a sense of purpose, and you felt that the Center always had your back.
Cons
Being a Catholic healthcare system, we were often the hospital of last resort, salaries were somewhat less than by our competitors
Poor upper management in Customer Service
Customer Service Representative/Patient Accounts (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WINovember 2, 2017
The leader of the Customer Service Dept is out of touch with the needs and and wants of her employees. She is untrustworthy and I would not trust her.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Working environment
Productive driven assessment, with no financial incentives
Accounts Receivable Representative (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAOctober 28, 2017
Work A/R Hospital Billing and Claims follow up using multiple sites
Management - numbers driven
Culture - Catholic based
Hardest part of job - tracking of claims on a daily basis
Pros
Often purchase lunch as an incentive for productivity
Cons
low salary high family healthcare costs
Becareful
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIOctober 25, 2017
I worked for the company for over 10 years and basically got pushed out the door. The nurse manager was evil and conniving and she couldn't be trusted. The whole clinic walked on eggshells.
I felt no support from her or her managers, they just look the other way. It got so bad there I was having severe anxiety attacks and migraines.
People don't leave jobs, they leave management
Good place for fine tuning skills
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHOctober 17, 2017
Job was demanding and most times hectic. Much to be learned from fellow nurses on floor. Supervisor was good and communication between nurses and doctors was very good.
Pros
Able to learn and improve skills
Cons
Busy
I worked just shy of 20 years
Certified Nursing Assistant/Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIOctober 16, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Mercy. You can grow with the company. There are many different areas that you can work in.People are very kind and willing to help you learn your position.
I am looking to advance in my carreer and broaden my scope
EDI Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAOctober 9, 2017
My tyical work day is very structured and unbalanced(due to new system implementations. I constatnly am reevaluating work already performed to assure accuracy
Pros
I have been here so long I have a repore with collegues
Cons
no room for development or growth
Cash Posting Rep (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAOctober 3, 2017
settling and posting payments to patient accounts. doing manual onsite deposits to the bank, balancing at end of day, handling electronic and manual lock box
Pros
easy going place to work
Cons
dont have any
Lack of Organization
Payment Integrity Auditor, (Promoted) (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHOctober 3, 2017
Mercy needs to develop best practices and provide standard training for uniformity. Work on better communication intetnally as well as exrernally. Improve payscale.
Managment does not care for staff
Patient Accounts Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WISeptember 26, 2017
The management for Patient Accounts is unprofessional. There is a group of management that have a high school mentality. They only care about their advancement.
Pros
location
Cons
pay
Challenging and enjoyable work environment.
Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PASeptember 5, 2017
This Health System is an enjoyable environment to work where you consistently are presented with challenges and the ability to achieve high expectations. Just Culture is extremely important to the organization and practiced by all.

A typical day at work consist of managing the Accounts Receivable for various payers and motivating the staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is achieving and surpassing goal. It is also extremely motivating to train the staff having them gain new skills and having them feel exceptional about a job well done.
Exciting, Challenging and Productive
Appeals Analyst (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PASeptember 2, 2017
Typical day, the department I worked for was a new department. Staff would have morning meetings to go over medical charts/files/records on cases that we are appealing. After the morning meetings I would check emails and phone messages, gather all documents needed for the appeal process and present them to the nurse who then in turn present to the medical physician.
passion
Director Food and Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 27, 2017
working with others with passion for helping others . keeping busy with partners providing great service as a team. Fast pace at times and very much everyone needed to work as a team
Overall good company to work for.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARAugust 22, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Mercy. The people are very flexible with scheduling, and the job itself was very fun. The coworkers are awesome, and the benefits are very good. The pay and management I found to be very lacking. The managers are nice, but can be very flaky and fickle. All things considered though, I did enjoy my job and would recommend it to anyone wanting a job that keeps them busy and coworkers that treat you like family.
Pros
Flexible, Coworkers, Benefits
Cons
Pay, Management
I enjoyed everyday
CMA (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73120August 15, 2017
I was excited to go to work everyday they made every worker feel important and worth something to the company. They were very caring and understanding and very family oriented.
Wonderful Healthcare
Administrative Assistant IV (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 31, 2017
Mercy has great people to work with and a wonderful healthcare system in general. They do have a very competitive compensation package. Management and culture need some critical attention. It is hard to keep any good employee for any length of time due to lack of training and moral.
Pros
compensation package
Amazing people to work with!
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 26, 2017
I loved Mercy Health Center. I had planned on working their my entire career. However, due to cutbacks I was laid off. It was very shocking they laid off a clinical position after they stated many times clinical people did not need to worry about cutbacks. I do feel somewhat betrayed. Mercy has a reputation of doing cutbacks fairly often but it has never been at a clinical level until now.
The staff that I worked with were an outstanding group of people. I consider them to be very good friends. I would go back in a heartbeat if a position came available.
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJuly 10, 2017
Everyday is different so the work load varies, but overall a good place to work. The pay is a little low considering my education level and experience.
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
pay
Clean facility
Physical Therapy Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 27, 2017
The hospital has made many improvements and changes, but overall great employees, culture is a bit lacking, hard work and supportive co-workers. I would recommend , but other great local facilities also.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJune 20, 2017
Good place to work. Varying hours. Coworkers are very willing to help in professional development. Have developed close relationships with coworkers.