Mercy Health System Employee Reviews

Overall work day
Senior Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 17, 2017
A typical day at work would include greeting participants with a warm welcoming smile. Assisting in putting away their belongings and making them comfortable. Daily activities were a big part of the job. Creating new challenging activities that would stimulate the brain function. This would involve numbers, memory and focus games ect. Other activities would keep the participants engaged and moving. This would include dance, music, games, cooking, sewing ect. I learned how the body and mind reacts to stimulation. I learned the signs of certain illnesses that were not visibly but detectable by the attitude of a person. I learned the importance of compassion for others. There was nothing hard about this job. It was very rewarding and fun. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you added to whatever quality of life the participants had left.
Pros
Freedom to be creative. PTO, Health benefits and great work hours.
Low pay, high turnover, low respect.
Front Office/Registrar (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 14, 2017
Lowest pay per position of any health system in the area, high employee turnover rate. Management gives little or no respect to employees. For a Catholic health organization, there is little consideration given to family life or problems. Employees are afraid to bring up issues or new ideas for fear of reprisal. Everyone that I know there is looking for another position with another company. Miserable work environment as employees are miserable.
Pros
Large corporation with job transfer available, but all position are low paid and low respect by higher ups.
Cons
Low pay, low respect by management, high turnover rate.
I was expected to do the job of two people for very low pay.
Hospice, Chaplain and Bereavement Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 13, 2017
Management had little experience. I received no training. For a Christian organization, the attitudes and behaviors of management and other leaders was less than honorable. Pay was 20% lower than the standard. Some practices were questionable. I wouldn't recommend working for the company unless you have connections and plenty of support. Whatever you do don't work in the Hospice.
Pros
Loved the work.
Cons
Low pay; poor management.
Challenging work environment, consistently changing and taking on new endevors
Senior Manager - Quality & Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 16, 2016
The branch of Mercy that I worked for (ROi) was very young when I started in 2002, it did not become its own entity until 2003. It was exciting to help the company grow from a simple supply chain group to an innovative group that included supply chain, contracting, medical device manufacturing, and pharmaceutical manufacturing. I have confidence in the senior management team in place and believe that this company will continue to grow in the future.

A typical day at work was never typical as there were always new challenges and changes as the company grew. The hardest and yet most rewarding part of the job was taking brand new tasks and projects and becoming an expert in each new area.
Pros
Great management team, rewarding work
Cons
N/A
extremely stressful place to work
former employee (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJanuary 11, 2017
This is an extremelly stressful place to work. The turnover rate is extremely high. There is little respect given between management and employees.
Supportive Work Environment
Charge Nurse Behavioral Health Unit (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OhioNovember 9, 2016
Upper management willing to listen to any concerns that staff may have. Flexible with work schedule to allow you to have family time or stay with children if they become ill.
I worked at Mercy Health Syste for 39 years. I loved my job and all my co-workers. I worked all different shifts and filled in whenever asked. I s
Inst tech (Former Employee) –  HospitalNovember 23, 2016
I became very ill and had a very serious health issue. I believe this cost Mercy a lot. As I began my 40th year, I was terminated. Now I see Mercy stopped giving pensions and removed the paid sick leave we had. It's very difficult to see the managers being treated very well and the employees not so.
Pros
Love many jobs and co- workers
Cons
Not treated well any more
I enjoyed my co-workers very much.
Clinical Pharmacist AND Retail Pharmacy Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 12, 2016
The work volume at Mercy was extremely busy. I was able to expand my clinical knowledge and learned many different areas of monitoring in the pharmacy that had positive patient outcomes.
The work atmosphere at Mercy was stressed and the employees seemed fearful of loosing their jobs.
I was proud to work for Mercy but I felt that the CEO was not in touch with the employees.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay.
Cons
Atmosphere was stressed and as a result patient care suffered.
Health Care
Telecommunications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHFebruary 4, 2017
Health care has changed drastically over the past 9 years. Mercy strives to keep up with personal health care and work with patients in a ever changing world.
Pros
Personalized health care unique to a indvidual
Cons
Travel
good place to work
Patient Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJanuary 15, 2017
good place to work with great people. everyone works well with each other and helps each other out. wish I would have been told exactly how much my job depended on collecting money from patients
Many great people but needs some improvement
Licensed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARDecember 5, 2016
Again, a very great place with many wonderful people. But to be honest they need to take security issues much more seriously, especially in terms of staff safety and surveillance.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Supervisor-Account Receivables (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PANovember 16, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is coming to work and interacting with my Mercy Family. My team is a extremworking unit.
Now part of CHE
Senior Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Darby, PANovember 22, 2016
Mercy Health system was an OK place to work. CHE is a cut throat business that belies the organization, which has a great mission. I would not recommend working here.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PANovember 17, 2016
Good work place with lots of perks. Manageable work schedule that work with your daily activities outside of the work place.
Very good place to work.
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Rogers, AROctober 21, 2015
Mercy had great caring people and competitive salary. Learned a lot about the Health Care industry and customer service. Management is great at listening to employee suggestions and implementing them if it works for the company. Co-workers were always pleasant and willing to help out whenever needed.
about mercy
Nurse Aid (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 19, 2016
I enjoy the people work with. I showers take blood pressure. seeing a smile on a paient face. dealing with famlies can be stressful
Mercy Healthcare changed a lot from "catholic nun culture" to "return on investment business" culture
EPIC Software Trainer (Former Employee) –  OKJuly 9, 2014
Mercy was hiring while other industries were cutting staff. However, the culture has changed dramatically over the last few years.
Pros
Benefits are above average. Low employee cost for healthcare coverage. Continues to add new clinics
Cons
The healthcare industry is changing nationwide which causes a lot of uncertainty, management moved to different priorities
Long time employee
EMS/ Patient Care Associate/ Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 20, 2016
I have worked here for 18+ years, I have enjoyed the organization and what it stands for.

I have learned a lot about patient care and have been able to grow as a person and patient care advocate.
Pros
Able to schedule work around my school schedule
Some difficulty with working for Mercy Health Systems
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PaJuly 24, 2012
A typical day would be to perform my Medical Assisting Job to the best of my ability. I have learned how to keep control of a small office until an Office Manager could be found. Management was a little difficult to work for. Management demanded so much from the Medical Assistance, but would not increase hourly pay.
I enjoyed working with the two other Medical Assistants that were there. The hardest part of the job was to satisfy each and every patient within the patients time period. The most enjoyable part was being able to train externs how to become a successful Medical Assistant. I enjoyed teaching the new Medical Assistants to be how to incorporate what I have taught them along with what they have learned from school, to help them to become confident in doing their job.
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
decreased hours, increased work, not enough pay
pleasant
Recreational Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 22, 2016
no room for advatbbncement according to y our experiencefebfbvfvfdvfdv fdscv fwfevfewbvqfvqfvqfvqfvfqbvfbvfvfr
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
no advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercy Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

62%