Mercy Health Employee Reviews in United States

A day at Mercy Health
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 5, 2016
My days go by at a fast pace. I start seeing patients at 7:30 and typically non-stop until 5-5:30. Something that I have learned is that people come from all over and just to be treated right. They could be sick or just getting a check up but would like empathy, kindness and compassion for what ever there situation may be. The hardest part about my job is when I have a patient that is a hard stick. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with patients and providing excellent service.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks and short staffed
I like the health system itself and the idea behind it but..
Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 22, 2016
The department I am currently in focuses more on causing uproar among staff over work flow then how to have organized work flow.
Our Department flows better and moral and work is done better on weekends under Crew Leads when Management is not there.
My Peers are all hard workers and are expected to do 2-3 peoples work loads and treated poorly Monday-Friday.

If I could just go in and do my job and do it well without interruption of unnecessary drama and disorganized work flow I would be able to be more productive and probably wouldn't have re-certified my CNA.

They do not pay enough to tolerate the abusive psychological games we are exposed to daily.
Pros
hours and benefits
Cons
not provided all breaks, difficult to utilize paid days off, denied regularly, drama
One of the worst places to work!
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 28, 2016
The aides run the place. If they don't want to do something they don't have to and management doesn't care. If you try to make the place better by getting tough on the aides a little the managers will pick at you. Bad raises and don't try and advance to the hospitals because they won't let you. Big turn over and resident care is the worst I have ever seen in my 28 yrs of nursing. Lots of infection.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Very bad management and really bad resident care
Lack of diversity, and appreciation for employees, however got a lot of experience.
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIJune 3, 2016
My work day consist of coming in setting up rooms, bringing patients back to room where I got vitals and information from the patients and got them prepared for the provider. Management in-trusted us to perform to the best of our abilities and handle any situations and issues between co workers so she wasn't present much in the office. Co workers got along and because of the professionalism within the facility, we were able to focus our time on the patients. The hardest part of my job was seeing patient who needed a lot of medical care, and their was only so much we could do in the office. Most enjoyable part of the day was knowing that a patient was well taken care of because the team came together to get the job.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
Short staffed
The managment has been dissapointing. Certain people seem to be favored and can get away with a lot of issues.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 7, 2016
I work in the call center. I do not enjoy the job due to the politics here. I do not enjoy sitting all day in a tiny cubicle. The job is not fast paced enough. I would rather work in a larger hospital are and not in a building with no windows. Too closed in.
Not all you expected
PCA (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYMay 25, 2016
Although in this Hospital sitting you would think it had compassionate care, but it's nothing like that.
Most of the aides sit at the nurses stations playing on their phones. While some of the other aides pick up their slack.
Managment is very awful. Not at all professional.
Understaffed because there is such a high turn over.
Pros
Fast passed
Cons
Profession is out the window
productive and patient oriented
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJuly 19, 2016
a typical day included stocking needed lab equipment, ordering supplies, maintaining a professional personal and environmental appearance. As well as registering, billing and collecting personal information, then collecting any necessary specimens while providing outstanding patient care.
Dont say anything for improvement, they will fire you.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 26, 2016
Management is closed door. Do as they say, when they say, no matter the task, or you will be fired. Staff safety is the absolute last thing on managements list of concerns. More concerned about making the all mighty $.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Management, especially the clowns from Cincinnati
Lpn
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 18, 2016
Can say no one is ever on the same page. To many chiefs not enough indian. Need better training and better attitudes from management to employees. Some employees can do whatever they want and the ones that work their tails off get nothing to many bosses pets
Pros
Some staff is great and fun to work with
Cons
Benefits pay not flexible for wanting you to get your education
Working at Mercy Health
Pre Registration/Financial Revenue Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHFebruary 10, 2016
I enjoyed working at Mercy because of the team work and the company culture. We were given the opportunity to grow and learn while helping each other reach our goals. Management did everything in their power to keep the morale high and energetic, each person was given the necessary tools to strive in the work force.
Pros
Management did not micro manage
Cons
The lunch was too short
Great place to work for new grads nurses
ICU RN (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 16, 2016
Ok place to work depending on department yo work in. Great learning experience for new grad nurses. Hospital is clean and is in a great neighborhood. Hospital strives to give the best care to its patients.
Pros
Clean hospital, great workers
Cons
Scheduling
Genuine mission-based organization
Director (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 8, 2016
I believe Mercy Health is an exceptional health system, for both employment and for health care services. Most all of the caregivers (physicians and nurses), other caregivers (X-ray, lab, techs) and support teams (environmental services, food service, maintenance, IT, HR, etc) will tell you it's a calling, not a job. They care about one another and the patients and their families. Good pay and benefits too.
Very good place to work. Could help a little bit more with internal growth.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 4, 2016
Mercy Health has been a very warm and welcoming place to work. The mission is pure and the goals of the organization are only to improve the health of others. It has been a great joy working here.
Temporary position
Client Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 23, 2016
This has been a temporary position which started with an internship after completing Medical Billing classes at West Michigan Center for Arts and Technology. I was given inadequate training was forced to learn on my own. I am a faithful employee never missed any time. I was told they hired two women and my contract would end January 2016 there would be no permanent position for me. I am now offered a month to month employment while they interview for the open position. I would not recommend a temporary position for this employer.
Pros
No nights, weekends or holidays
Cons
No benefits, proper training to preform the required jobs, hold a new employee to the same standard as a long term employee.
Excellent co-worker interaction
Transaction Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARFebruary 8, 2016
Co-workers became like family. Training for new procedures and systems was inadequate. Supervisory support was excellent for the first seven or eight years, but then on site supervisors were eliminated and off site supervisors were assigned with very little interaction or support.
Pros
Excellent Insurance Coverage
Cons
Out of state supervisors
Accounts Payable/Statement Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 15, 2016
i liked working @ Mercy Health. Great company to work for. I just don't understand why downsize to hire in the same department. Why not call back ex employees who didn't have anything negative on their file
Pros
everything
Cons
will lay you off even though you are a good worker
Fun place to work with lots of colleagues to get to know
Director (Current Employee) –  Mercy Philadelphia HospitalFebruary 22, 2016
Enjoyed my position for the eight years I have been in it. It is now time for a change. I have been with Mercy for twenty five years, and I feel it is time to move out of this building and see what is going on in the work of Healthcare in the for profit sector.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Lot of change in the last year or so.
Great teamwork
registrar (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHMarch 25, 2016
Very welcoming environment. Great communication skills among the other employees. Most enjoyable part about my job is helping the patients. What they were not able to figure out I provided a more comfortable way for them to do so.
Pros
Different department participation
Cons
Im not there anymore
Intensive workplace on rapid deployment model of Epic Applications
Epic Inpatient Orders Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 11, 2016
Intensive workplace environment with multiple levels of leadership and support. Positive team structure with integrated team lead management across multiple inter-related modules.
The employee here always smile, and greet you. Nice company.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 27, 2016
I work at Mercy West Park, the job is a lot, but I enjoy going to work there, my Manager is down to earth, respectable, always asking for your input at meetings. My co-worker in my department are a team players. Pleasant place to work.
Pros
for dietary lunch is $1.00 dollar, you can eat food that left over in kicthen.
Cons
Most time they only hire part-time.