Mercy Health Employee Reviews

Summary
Insurance Verification Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHJune 21, 2017
A typical day at work is pretty fast pace and repetitive. I learned how to train employees better and verify insurances and more about hospitals. The management staff is professional and are great to work with. The job is enjoyable and the environment is relaxed.
Terrible management
revenue cycle (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHJune 21, 2017
I really liked the people who work at this company. However, the overall leadership is misguided and does not show appreciation towards employees. There is a very high turnover rate.
Director - Patient Flow Center (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHJune 21, 2017
The corporation cares about its employees, always opportunity for advancement. Many perks, uniforms provided, and PTO begins to build as soon as employment starts.
Pros
Flexible
Most rewarding work place ever
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 18, 2017
I have never had a more caring, intelligent, and present group of staff members, from our CEO to our volunteers. Everyone is happy to help, no matter how serious the situation.
not all what i expected
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHJune 16, 2017
poor management skills horrible hours and was lied to at interview or would have never took the job pay is ok not the best not at all not up on technology
Very Pleasant job
Specialty Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHJune 15, 2017
Mercy has a great working environment and pleasant people to work with. The hours are awesome and not working weekends fits in with my schedule perfectly.
Pros
everything was so wondeful
Cons
going to miss working here - lay offs
Very difficult work environment with the exception of some very nice staff.
Nursing Associate (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHJune 5, 2017
My employment at Mercy Health started well. Once I began working on my official floor, weeks turned into months and things progressively became more difficult. I did enjoy working with some of my coworkers, it would make my job a little more tolerable. I was left on my floor more times then I can count by myself with sometimes up to 17 patients, and at times with a full floor, on my own. Some nurses would gladly help me, others would tell me they were busy and would come around when I didn't need them anymore.. One thing I disliked a lot was getting pulled (working on another floor) with different staff and most of the time you wouldn't know where materials to work with were.. Every floor is different and has different ways of doing things. The phone you carry with you on the floor (hospital phone) rings constantly not giving you a chance to catch up with your current floor assignment (what you are working on that moment). It is a completely frustrating job to say the least. Maybe it would better working as a Nurse but who knows. I am sure they have their share of frustration.
Pros
Make good friends.
Cons
Nothing else good to say.
Great Place to Work
Revenue Cycle Liaison (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 4, 2017
Mercy Health aligns with their mission and values from the top of the organization to the bottom and deeply cares for the patients and communities it serves.
Incompetent Management
Administration (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 3, 2017
Run!!! Continual, regular downsizing. Incompetent management. NO job security! Extremely political. Managers can be borderline abusive. No protections. They treat their employees completely opposite of their Catholic based mission statement.
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Incompetent management and no job security
great culture with wonderful employees
Manager, Ambulatory Care Coordination Team (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 30, 2017
Mercy is a really good place to work. It attracts dedicated people. The culture is positive and uplifting. There is always room for advancement. People usually come here and stay for years.
Work flow on the floor of hospitals is hectic ans stressful, but there is a great team atmosphere and help is usually readily available. Management is supportive.
Autonomy is respected and encouraged.
As a manager, I can say that the training at this level could use some improvement, but my support system, even here, has been the best.
Pros
Spiritual focus and service to the underserved
Cons
health benefits have declined in quality
Good place to work.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 29, 2017
Mercy Health is a good place to work. Everyone is friendly and easy to get along with, and the job is quick paced so I'm busy throughout the day. It requires critical thinking skills like how much medication to give a patient.
Pros
Paid time off accumulates based on hours worked
Cons
Manager is hard to get ahold of due to being split between two offices
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 23, 2017
I really enjoy working at Mercy, staff is great and management seems stable. Staff turn around seems high but I believe it is because of lack of support on the hospital floor.
Pros
pay
Cons
lack of support staff
This is what we are meant to do?
RN (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMay 20, 2017
One of the worst places I have ever worked. There is a reason why they are always hiring and can't find nurses. Workload is to much and not safe for the patient's. Example is being on a intermediate floor and having 7 patients. As long as St. E's has a new group of students every year filing the vacancies of the people that run from this place, it will never change. Honestly I would say 90% of the people you work with are miserable there. It's a shame because there are so many great nurse's that leave weekly.
Crying and misery will become your norm.
Pros
Benefits aren't expensive
Cons
Literally everything else
Excellent teamwork and learning experience
RN Home Care (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 14, 2017
Great place to work. Everyone willing to help out each other and was able to learn a lot from my experience. I wish I could have worked there longer, but due to obligations to finish up required practicum hours, had to switch to different hours. Would have stayed there otherwise.
Extremely rewarding place to work with fun atmosphere
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 11, 2017
Learned daily how to interact with different individuals in the hospital and felt rewarding knowing I made a difference. I got to work off site several times and see the difference I made which was very rewarding and made it a fun place to work.
Pros
compensation
Cons
difficult doctors
Interesting
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 11, 2017
Change Management is very tough due to 'old mindsets' that are in middle/upper management that are unwilling to see bigger picture.

Great plans to move organization forward but lack of detailed planning and non standardization of business processes for the roll-out of many program initiatives.Thought leaders are at Main Campus, but disconnect with some smaller ministries due to Leadership being able to 'do their own thing'.

Great people and CEO trying to turn old guard.
Pros
Leadership's overall vision is correct to move organization forward.
Cons
Nepotism: many know each other but cant do the job properly.
Consumer driven like a hotel
ICU RN (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 7, 2017
Nurses are consistently overworked. there are no managers to back you up. In 3 months 48 hours a week I may have had 5 uninterrupted lunches. Nursing ratios are unsafe in critical care. Floors are completely understaffed. Patients are admitted only for the money not for their best interests.
Pros
I worked as a traveler
Cons
Everyday
Great place to work!
Epic Application Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 6, 2017
This is a great place to work! I was surrounded by great people. Felt like the company really cared about its employees. Great benefits. Would recommend to friends and family.
Very unorganized company
Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 5, 2017
I worked for mercy for six years and watched it spiraled downhill. Management is very unorganized. They do not care about their employees nor their patients just the bottom line which seems to be faltering. I see them going down the same path that they did in 2000. There is no administrative support for middle-management.
Pros
good pay. Decent health care Benefits
Cons
No lunches. No administrative support. Unknowledgeable management
Unorganized
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 4, 2017
Is very unorganized.The environment is very stressful and i don't think you get paid for your experience.I think that they try to make you do to much but does not want to to pay you for what your worth is. Nice people. Definitely okay for something to start off at but I wouldn't make it permanent position. Most MA's and registration have left my office I work at.
Mercy West- Medical Building

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercy Health. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval