Mercy Healthcare (Mercy General Hospital, Mercy Hospital of Fols Employee Reviews

Mwdical assustant
Clinical Volunteering (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 21, 2017
This job was a volunteer position but I still loved it! I got to learn how the hospital operates and it prepared me for a job in the hospital setting. I learned alot and feel it has helped me to benefit my medical assisting skills. I didn't get paid but I went to get more hands on at the time. It does help in the long run. I loved it!
I recommend this job
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 15, 2017
This is not the dreamplace, there are pros and cons but overall I would recommend this place.
This place is fast paced, the lab assistants are friendly, the direct manager is nice.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
Management looking a short term profit, poor decision making
Health focused hospital
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 1, 2017
At Mercy General Hospital, Sacramento the staff is very warm and welcoming. They are focused on patient care and more importantly preventative care. I am fortunate and appreciative to have had the opportunity to volunteer with such wonderful people in a beautiful, clean and evolving hospital.
Mercy Hospital
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 29, 2017
Mercy hospital is a great place to work. The work environment is very friendly. I learned a lot include some pathology studies. I enjoyed doing the morning run on the inpatients.
Pros
cafeteria on site
Cons
having to respond to code blue in the emergency room
Productive, challenging, fun, but also stressful work environment
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 12, 2017
It was a very challenging work day but staffing was good and co workers were always there to lend a helping hand to you and new employees that needed it.It also provided a working culture for enhancement of existing skills and opportunities for training to gain new ones in a nurturing, knowledgeable, and supportive environment.
Pros
Work fulfillment, challenging, competitive salary and excellent benefits
Cons
Stressful, inflexibility of working hours, mostly, only 12-hour shift availability
OutPatient Physical Therapy
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 8, 2017
I worked in my position for less than a year. I worked with excellent therapists who truly care about patient care. I was able to see patient's health improve and this made work worthwhile.
clean and efficient workplace
Sterile Processing Technician (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 27, 2017
great staff and management who are always there to train and help apply skills to the job. shifts are always productive and they have awesome equipment and technology.
Acts without Communication
Manager, Respiratory Care, Pulmonary Lab (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 19, 2017
The biggest complaint I have is that the corporate structure frequently changes or acts upon things without commicating things to the leadership team in the organization. This has hurt them because the staff would like to buy in on t=new things. They feel that there have been a large amount of changes within the company without buy in to make it successful.
Pros
Wants to head in the right direction
Cons
Fear of the unknown
Family Oriented
Central Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 8, 2017
Great company to work for, I left so I could go to school and advance in the healthcare field. Work was very busy and never a dull moment. Management was easy to talk to.
Emergency Room Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAApril 20, 2017
I absolutely love the culture present in Mercy Folsom. People are super friendly. You feel like you are among friends and not coworkers. The director walks in the halls with a big smile on her face and acts as if she is one of us.
You can get good benefits
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 1, 2017
The best place to work, can get good benefits such as healthcare, dental and vision. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people.
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 19, 2017
Mercy General is an okay place to work. I have learned a lot working here the past 7 years. Knowledge of brand/generic, omnicell, chemo, aseptic technique, proper drug handling, narcotics, triaging phone calls, and assisting pharmacists. One of the downfalls about Mercy is the fact that its unorganized. Teamwork is one of the greatest parts about working at Mercy, which may also depend on who you are working with.
Mercy is an amazing facility
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 16, 2017
As a student VN, it is always scary walking into a new facility for the first time. Mercy was amazing from the beginning and was a very enjoyable place to be as a student VN. Every single member of the staff was incredibly helpful and grateful to have students working alongside them.
hostile work enviroment
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 24, 2017
I quickly moved up as lead and then all the problems started with co workers. I was one who did my job and expected the other officers to do so. When I was promoted they gathered and wrote a complaint letter about me. It was unfounded. I then met with them one on one and talked it out with each officer. Turned out the one who's name was omitted from the complaint was the one who instigated the whole movement.
I loved my job, the patient's and visitors. I loved being helpful assisting the staff when needed. It became unsafe. When my radio traffic became ignored and the other officers not showing up for alarm or code calls.
Pros
excellent health care
Cons
management, supervisors
Learn a lot
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 20, 2016
Enjoyed working at varied levels of care with varied pt population. Good collaboration between coworkers. Not enough opportunities for employer sponsored continuing education.
Pros
great team collaboration
Cons
not many edu opportunities
Very busy workplace with great Managment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Mercy General Hospital, Telemetry Unit is very busy all the time. The staff, charge nurse and management were great but the system used for medication administration was very unorganized. Also, Mercy is a teaching hospital and while I was still orienting I had one to three students following me which made my day much more stressful. Very fast turnover rate with patients and rarely did we have a CNA on our unit. The most enjoyable part is working with a great team.
Stationary Engineer (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IADecember 31, 2015
Good place to work , great hospital nursing staff, very professional , good patient care , needs to work on management and communications.
Pros
A field where you can help patients in need
Cons
wages and benefits
excellent working place
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician per dm (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 30, 2015
busy but everyone is helpful yet mean sometimes but its a good place to work. is fast paced hence if you don't like fast pace its not the place to be, one of the oldest place parking is a big problem.
beeing with other pepel wwho care
EVS Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 31, 2015
Working in a hospital is a very good way to meet others that can help and care for the sick and needie all the benefits with union to work with
450 Bed acute care hospital
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 10, 2015
A very nice place to work as long as you can deal with the sick and ailing. The work is not too hard, but very consistent. Taking care of patients comfort needs, and making sure the hospital is a safe place to be.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
much sorrow