Mercy Healthcare (Mercy General Hospital, Mercy Hospital of Fols Employee Reviews

Not a great place to work due to limits on your knowledge base. They do great with cardiac surgery.
Wound and Ostomy nurse (Current Employee), Sacramento, Ca.June 9, 2015
They are not into education, research. We work really as staff nurses who do dressing changes. We do not use our potential as Advance Practice Nurses.
Monitor tech
Monitor Tech (Current Employee), Sacramento caMarch 28, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: boring
Duties include but not limited too monitoring Phillips Telemetry Monitors. Interpreting telemetry strips during the shift. Communicating with the different physicians that are on call. Entering physician orders in the computer. Training new employees, and setting up patient transports
My Summmary
Department Aide (Current Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: very friendly
A typical day at work would be a little heck it but everybody works together to make things run smooth Doctors, nurses and others staff. I have learned that everybody cares about the their role in that they uphold in the department.

My managers are amazing and they work really hard to keep things running smooth in our department and other department but mainly the staff and the hospital there care about the patient's and their families and their needs and safety come first always.

My co workers work hard and go out of their way to provide the best work to the department. I feel that the yare team player and pull their weight to help another co worker if help is needed.

The hardest part of the job is when things sometimes go wrong and people tend to get a little bend out of shape because of a mishap that occurred to someone and frustration is taken out on certain people.

The most enjoyable part of the job is for me is being around people. I love talking to patients theirs families guests staff. I love being around people and talking to them and assisting by that is if they are feeling sad, upset, worried of just happy I love talking to people. And I LOVE WORKING !

So overall Mercy is an Excellent place to work. Very great atmosphere to work at. The Senior doctors are very polite nursing staff, co workers and managers very pleasant to work with overall

"Excellent "
VERY GOOD COMPANY, ALWAYS ALERT ME WITH NEW JOBS
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee), SACRAMENTO,CAJuly 22, 2014
HELP ALL TO GET JOB. I LEARNT A LOT ABOUT PATIENT CARE. EVERYBODY IS HELPFUL AND I FEEL COMFORTABLE WORKING HERE. MANAGEMENT AND ALL CO-WORKERS ARE HELPFUL.
Strong Cardiac Hospital
Echocardiogram Technician II (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: benefits and pay scale
Cons: no breaks
Strong need for echo tech 24 hrs a day 7 days a week. Strong cardiac hospital with top physicians in critical care. Need in EP, Cath Lab, OR, on floors. 3D TEE's with new technology.
nice co-workers; good work environment
SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: work-life balance difficult
Best place I've worked

I have to put more down or else Indeed won't let me move along and post my resume.
I would continue to work at this place but I am moving out of state for my husband.
I think it's a good, research-driven facility.
They have great cookies.
love the positive feeling when stepping into this hospital
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 29, 2014
Pros: clerical
Cons: nothing
loved volunteering here it was awesome loved the work I did on every floor going to. I was in front greeting patients and visitors, in the human resources filing all morning wish I can go back
Volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee), Sacramento CoMarch 30, 2014
Pros: fast paced, really busy med tele floor
Cons: short breaks/no breaks.
Assist nurses, communicate with patients, talk with the doctors
great staff, MD working relationships
Clinical Coordinator of Emergency Services (Current Employee), Folsom, CAMarch 26, 2014
Love this department for the strong team work, great knowledgeable staff and great MDs
Caring and professional medical staff
Quality Improvement Assistant (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 26, 2014
great place to work and learned a lot about health information management
Fast-Paced and challenging but rewarding workplace
Office Assistant Catholic Healthcare West/ Dignity (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 28, 2014
Much opportunity for dedicated individuals in ROI/ Heath information Management
very good
Lab Department Volunteer (Current Employee), n/aJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
very good company to work in but i just volunteer only. I learn has day by day enjoy working with nurses
EXCELLENT ENVIRONMENT
Pharmacy Technician on call (Current Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 1, 2013
This place is best to work because it has helping employees, excellent management, safe environment to work, safest place to commute.
Intern
Internship (Former Employee), SacramentoJuly 14, 2013
Learned the ins and outs of running a department of a hospital and setting up a new off site clinic.
An opportunity to help make a change in a persons situation
RN, Medical, Surgical, Orthopedic (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 12, 2013
Pros: good benifits, 12 hour days provide more days off a week
Cons: stress
12 hour days three days per week and every other or every third weekend.
Fast paced shifts with high demands from both coworkers and supervisors as well as patients and doctors.
Great Employer
Respiratory Care Practioner (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 4, 2013
Pros: comradery, support, unity, dignity
Cons: work loads very high and demanding all the time.
I have worked for other hospitals. Our work load here is a lot higher and more demanding. But when you think of and weigh the fact that our department is strong and our managers support the staff well. It makes it all worth it. I will be a life-time employee here at Mercy.
Organization rooted in core values of service and excellence,
Communications Specialist, Manager (Former Employee), Folsom, CAJune 11, 2013
Mercy is an amazing organization to work for, rooted in core values of service and excellence. Compassionate and caring coworkers.
Fun and have most flexiable hours
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 31, 2013
It was one of my best volunteer place, I really loved volunteering because I could interact with people and help them out.
Mercy in Sacramento and Dignity Health are values driven organizations where I have enjoyed the privilege of working for the past 22 years.
Communications Specialist/Manager (Current Employee), Folsom, CADecember 11, 2012
Pros: values driven culture and colleagues/co-workers, strong leadership team, free flu shots, outreach that benefits healthy communities.
Cons: commute to folsom campus from east sacramento.
I have enjoyed the privilege of working for the Mercy hospitals in
Sacramento for the past 22+ years. At the highest levels of the organization, there are individuals and teams committed to the health of our community and that has resonated with my personal and professional values system throughout my tenure. I have worked for the finest of leaders who have been role models and mentors. I have learned the value of collaboration, stewardship and excellence. I have not had a typical day at work and that has agreed with me. The hardest part of the job has occurred when I am on call to handle media inquiries, wearing the 24-hour media pager, and in the middle of the night I receive a page from one of the hospitals notifying me that an accident has occurred, that there are fatalities and the injured have been taken to one or more our our hospitals. It's hard to go back to sleep knowing that individuals/families are in pain. The most enjoyable part of the job has been reaching our community members through health outreach, knowing that our team may have positively touched the health of our community, even in a small way.
Busy Hospital
EKG Technician (Former Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 10, 2012
Pros: learning environment
Cons: no medical benefits
Teamwork . Provided pathway to advance my skills. Doctors very supportive.