Mercy Home Health Employee Reviews

Chaotic - no Managing of visits
Case Manager RN (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PANovember 7, 2017
Training was non- existent, any start of care initially had to be managed through endless text to Educator at Springfield office, via late evening, night texts. Every soc- the same torture!
Manager did see and was focussed only on hig quality no.s and parameters. Suburban branch did not have capabilities for training, until Nursing Educator was back in early September. Manager- did not know what I am seeing on her comp. vs. mine tablet.
Schedulers did not have any connection to reality. After nurse covering Philly resigned, flood of Philly visits with hgh refusal rate by pts. about 40-50%, cannot almost ever meet productivity of 6 pts. a day.

Ton of pts. names just defileed through tablet, most unknown, to be just seen once or twice, so rather poor continuity of care for pts. No support by experienced nurses. Many times, will do soc, and then no f/u visits assigned to me for continuity, but to nurses- personal fav.s who would just go in homes where they want to go so no Philly. There was even Psych nurse who refused to go to many homes, and was picking and choosing where to go.

Rather poor management by Manager, poor referrals coming- many times even admitted in direct e- mails to staff, yet never did care to do anything about it, raise a voice..
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Scheduling chaos- throwing pts. like dolls, poor referrals
Central Intake Nurse (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PASeptember 18, 2017
Work is work but they bring reasons to make work better. Lot of empolyee insentives and fun days. Sense of family in the departments. Lot of support.
Office Assistant II
Medical Records Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 2, 2017
Answering phones in a busy department and greeting people at the door, learning quickly to prioritize responsibilities. Tracking, printing records, and scanning.
Pros
I am very organized.
Cons
I do not like to make mistakes. Get it right the first time.
Dynamic Organization
Executive Assistant, CEO & President (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PAJuly 28, 2017
Excellent organization with the patient as priority. Long term employees devoted to healthcare for the patient as a whole person, not just a diagnosis.
good
Rehab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 12, 2017
good place to work, some poor managers but ok overall. good people to wrk with for the most part, good pay and benefits. Multiple lcations blah blah bla
N/a
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 23, 2017
Currently Still Working There , i Love what they do and what they stand for. Also i Love the benefits and being able to go above for the people i work for.
excellent company to work for
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMay 10, 2017
I loved working for mercy, excellent management and career opportunities. Great pay, always working on improvement of patient care and quality working environment.
Management can be better.
Case Manager RN (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 24, 2017
Good pay, benefits and one weekend duty per month. Lots of changes in a short span of time, nurses are having a bit of hard time keeping up. Co-workers are supportive.
Pros
Pay, benefits, great co-workers
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Document Management Assistant, handling (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PAJanuary 22, 2017
Handled medical records and consent forms for Home Care patients. Used Home Care Home Base through out the day, to scan and attach necessary paper work to the patients online file.
I like the company and job
Nurse Liaison (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 18, 2016
I like the position as it allows me to utilize all of my skills. The team is very friendly and helpful to each other. The hours are what you make of them, you do what you can to meet your goals!
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
its a numbers game-so be prepared to help grow the business
A great place to grow and expand career opportunity
Referral Assistant- Intake (Current Employee) –  Washington, MOSeptember 9, 2016
They have established a company that is faith based and diversifed cultural environment.
Co-workers are friendly and approachable and that they always possess a joyful desire to help and be assistance to every person around them. You will always feel welcome if you are a new co-worker because they will make you feel special.
Daily activites
Home Health Aide-assist patient (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2016
Daily activities for clients including personal hygiene and cooking . Enjoying talking with senior citizens about life, family and adventures.
Aewsome
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 4, 2015
It's an place of Hardworkers and a placeful place to work.enjoyable management and staff. Willingly to go above and beyond to make sure pt are care for
Hard working individuals
Clinical Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAFebruary 13, 2015
The nurses are just amazing, caring compassionate individuals. The Home Health Aides work really hard. The Physical Therapists have great personalities along with SLP therapist. They really make a difference in the community.
Pros
Compasionate Nurses, Hha, Physical Therapists, SLP and SW
Very Challenging every day
Hospice Billing Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARDecember 16, 2014
At my current job, I have dealt with insurance companies- I submit claims for Medicare, Medicaid, personal insurance. The hardest part of my current job is the changes in every insurance coverage. Verifying the different coverage is somewhat a challenge in itself. Even though my Supervisor is new, I enjoy working with her and learning new ways from her. I have some of the best co-workers and we all work very well together. There's two things that I wish were different and this is, I am looking for a full time position (I currently work part time) and I consider myself as a on hands and a people person.
Record review nurse
hHome Car Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PANovember 25, 2014
Contracted for a set requirement. record review. They match staff nurses with job requirements
Worked as a temp
Physician Order Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAMay 14, 2014
Temp position, great location, public transportation accessible, near mall and restaurants
Mercy Home Health
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PAMay 5, 2014
My typical work day is to answer phone lines for five different branches for a 8 hr period. I must triage the calls to transfer to the appropiate party which could include: personal calls, complaints, and sales calls. The hardest part of my job is being informed of patient deaths because we service the elderly mostly. My favorite part of my job is being the voice of the company the intial perception of the company begins with contacting me.
Pros
compensation
Cons
no breaks
Love the place, the caring culture
Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 18, 2014
I hate to leave but family obligation call me to seek another place.
Pros
Caring people
Cons
everything is computerized and takes a long time to chart
Temporary assignment (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAOctober 8, 2013
This was a temporary position. I would have liked to work their on a full time basis.
Pros
Good location, good filing system, great people to work with
Cons
Temporary