Mercy Hospital Of Buffalo Employee Reviews

Nurse aide
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 22, 2017
A good place to work very professional every floor is different every cures different as long as you do there what you're supposed to do I don't really have any complaints about this place was a good place to work
Friendly and professional
Medical Technologist Intern (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 17, 2017
We have a very friendly staff and management. Overall working environment was enjoyable, senior staffs were very knowledgeable and were willing to teach.
Flexible
Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery Unit (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 27, 2017
Decent benefits. Good work life balance. Overall good atmosphere. . Pay is decent. Would recommend others to work here. flexible with your life. clean
Great hospital
RN (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 19, 2017
Started here as a GN and have been there for over 7 years. Great staff, great learning experience. There is a lot of teamwork between employees in order to provide quality patient care
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 1, 2017
Loved working here, made many long lasting friendships. Management needed improvement while I was there. Day shift always blamed night shift for all the issues.
Pros
Long lasting friendships
Cons
Management needs improvement
Difficult working Environment
ICU RN (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 5, 2016
Difficult working environment. Short staffing a constant problem. High turn over rate in all departments. The environment is negative. Staff walks around angry/frustrated/negative. Negative attitudes of most employees. Environmental services needs a revamp. The hospital is filthy. A huge complaint by all who work here. Direct management is friendly, educated, hard working but overwhelmed. So many issues for them. They are set up for failure. This then trickles down.The unit nurse managers are hard working, They can only do so much.
Pros
They people that work there, and have for years, are willing to help implement change
Cons
Filthy. Short staffed. Not enough upper management support
An excellent Hospital
Manager, Invasive Cardiology (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 14, 2016
My time at Mercy Hospital of Buffalo was very valuable and dear to me. The people who work there are wonderful. MHB's mission to care for the sick is being fulfilled there every day.
great learning hospital
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  buffalo nyJuly 24, 2016
I like what i do..work in a critcal care unit run labs take charts apart.help with patient care sometimes type 30 wpm.team worj team players hospital is a good teaching environment for new nurses.
Pros
discount meals
Cons
short breaks
Selective hiring lack of compassion
Unemployed (Former Employee) –  Abbott Road , Buffalo NYJuly 14, 2016
Core values need to be changed. Hire people with degrees and people without to do the same job , wonder what the point is in getting a degree and doing the medical footwork when management hires someone who doesn't finish school and worked at Wegmans. Slap on the wrist for employees who threatened other employees with physical harm. Basket raffle donations saw a certain percentage to be given to the hospitals donation choice. 2 year limit to lay off recall forcing employees to use their retirement fund after 26 weeks of unemployment or to go on welfare. No calls from HR to place layoff in a position that keeps them "whole". Union often sides with management.
Pros
Paycheck sort of
Cons
To many to list
I enjoyed each of my tasks
Part-Time Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 23, 2016
Supported Vice President of Mission Integration & Spiritual Care Department. Prepared CBISA for Mercy Hospital. Prepared time and payroll in Kronos. Prepare On- Call Schedule for Mercy Hospital Chaplains.
Pros
Diverse Duties, as I supported 3 departments.
Cons
Change of Management
excellent hospital
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 19, 2016
I have worked at Mercy for several years and have learned alot. There are classes in which you can attend to learn more. When I worked in the emergency room I learned how to do EKG's, draw blood use a glucometer. I did work in the triage room when I first came in and then at the second part of my shift I worked in the back in the main ER. I worked the code rooms and assisted the nurses as needed. I enjoyed working with everyone we made a great team and after a while you knew what was needed by each nurse as they all had their own way of doing things. The best part of my job was when we worked on a code patient and they survived, it brought joy to your heart and you knew you were doing something to help save a life.
Pros
staff
Cons
hours
Rn
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 14, 2015
Very challenging job on medical surgical floors with very sick patients, always a challenge to get through the shift, worked with some amazing Nurses at this facility.
great place to work
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 9, 2015
love my manager at Mercy. i have learned a lot about the medical field and it motive me to become a future doctor. Mercy is great hospital.
Great place to work!
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 13, 2015
Mercy is a great place to work! My department and colleagues support one another and work well together to give our patients excellent care and imaging. Management is both fair and reasonable.
Pros
Great equipment
Cons
n/a
Great professional company
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 11, 2014
A typical work day tends to go very smoothly, scheduled deliveries to drop of patient specific medications, preparing intravenous medications, answering phone calls, and restocking medications into Pyxis machines. Management does a great job keeping the team informed and up to date on any ongoing issues. Co-workers are very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is probably keeping up with the fast pace when it gets busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are helping people.
Pros
Long breaks, great pay
Cons
working third shift
Traveling Surgical Tech.
Traveling Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 1, 2014
It was nice for a Travel assignment. I would NOT want to work here as a permanent person.
Pros
Nice people.
Cons
Horrid management
Friendly work environment, great staff, opportunities for advancement and further education
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  BuffaloOctober 16, 2014
I've been at Mercy Hospital for a few years and I really like it there. I've learned so much and it feels like my home away from home. Its a very busy hospital but manages to give great personal attention to patients and staff alike. Management is approachable with a firm open door policy.
Reliable place to work
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 14, 2014
Secretarial and front desk duties including telephone, payments, mail and customer service.
Pros
Room for advancment
Cons
Low starting salary
Friendly peopleCaring staff, clean and welcoming environment
Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 17, 2014
Friendly staff, caring people clean environment
Unionized
Diverse
Shared values
nice relaxing enviornment
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  abbott rdJune 15, 2014
keep store clean and stocked. felt there was always too little of employees there. did not like hours 5-midnight. everyone was close
Pros
all co-workers like a family
Cons
hours of work