Mercy Hospital Employee Reviews

Too many bosses
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 24, 2017
This job was not for me. There was a ton of negativity in this work place and everyone wanted to be someone's boss. There was not enough new hire support conducive to learning as much as possible. I got the feeling the employees who had been there the longest did not really want the new people there.
Pros
Good doctors
Cons
Not enough of a learning format for new hires
I am prn
Lab Technician II (Current Employee) –  Carthage, MOJuly 20, 2017
I love my job with Mercy. The staff is extremely friendly. I work overnights so I dont interact with the managment. The toughest part of my job would be the hours and the fact that at night I am the only person doing my job. I enjoy my job because it is rewarding helping patients.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
hours, pay, lack of benefits
Under staffed
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2017
Fast paced, patient oriented that was focused on providing patients with great customer service but, lack the necessary staff to provide service at times, in a timely fashion. Employees were mostly over worked.
Not the same now
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, MOJuly 17, 2017
Was a great place to work while I was there. Really enjoyed the stuff although they have all changed and it is now staffed by staffing agencies for the most part
Love my job
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  ArkansasJuly 15, 2017
Great atmosphere, love my job! Great hours, great pay! Small town, small hospital. You will learn so much, and have many different opportunities by working here.
nice co workers to work with.. lack of leadership
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJuly 15, 2017
lack of leadership and inadequate management with very little coding background. Co workers for the most part were a pleasure to work with. The salary and benefits were adequate for the area.
Release of Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 14, 2017
working with the patience to get their records was nice. management was ok. i just needed to do something new and to grow at.i learned how to work with people,
Cons
I love working for Mercy.
Researcher (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 13, 2017
I love working for Mercy. Great company culture. Great incentives and good benefits. Plenty of fun activities promoting health. Opportunity for talent development and education.
Pros
Company culture
Cons
fair compensation
Mercy is a great place
INVESTIGATOR | ALLINA HEALTH (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJuly 13, 2017
People are very nice at Mercy Hospital when compared to other, especially metro, hospitals. The care at Mercy is fantastic as well.

Don't work for the security department though, if you are looking for security work then work for a company that does security, not health care.
Great healthcare system, but the work environment needs work
Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 13, 2017
A typical day in my office would include sitting at my desk hooked to a phone all day except for on my lunch break. Typically you do not socialize much between coworkers at least not during the work day due to a high call volume. In your spare time between calls you should be working in the workqueue verifying patient insurance coverages for the hospital to either bill out to an insurance company or directly to the patient. I have learned here in the past two months how to verify insurance coverages for patients, schedule appointments for a consult for patient and physician to review the patients most recent lab and test results. Another task I have recently been taught is how to enter and edit referrals placed by physicians. The one complaint I would have about Mercy Fort Smith would be the management and workplace culture. Being from Mercy Springfield I feel as if we were held to a higher standard than we are here at Mercy Fort Smith. The work ethic of my coworkers is not near as great as it was in Springfield and the overall quality of people whether it be patients or not just seems to be less than those that I previously worked with which really shapes the way things are operated here in my department.
Pros
Great benefits, hour lunch
Cons
understaffed, low quality of work ethic
fun people but under paid and over stressed
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 12, 2017
job was ok but pay was not as high as it should of been for the amount of stress and work. I did not mind the job but the pay and the crazy hours started to ruin it for me.
Great people to work with.
EVS Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKJuly 11, 2017
It was a nice atmosphere. Every department was nice to work with. Everyone was helpful in every way. I enjoyed helping patients and taking care of their room.
Allowed me to work alone
Environmental Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 9, 2017
Working here was good because I was able to work alone but if I needed help with anything it was just a phone call away. The coworkers was very helpful and like a family. I felt like part of the family because I was able to contribute with doing other things like ordering supplies and assisting with computer work.
Pros
Coworkers benefits
great place to shadow
Shadowing Student (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 9, 2017
The parking was a little hectic every morning but it was a nice easy commute. The doctors were very friendly and always professional. The physician assistants were amazing.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 8, 2017
I love working at Mercy. The staff is great and the coworkers are there to help not only the patients but the new staff members. The management makes sure the treatment is fair and that everyone succeeds.
Wonderful opportunity to indulge in your passion for caring for others
Medical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJuly 7, 2017
I personally have a passion for caring for others. Working at Mercy allowed me to not only fulfill my passion, but also learn so many things within the medical field and office administration.
Pros
positive coworkers
Cons
unhappy patients sometimes
Poor compemsation
PATIENT CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MO 65807July 7, 2017
Poor compensation for the amount of work required, and the on call requirements. Schedule is organized and management has no clue how to organize the team.
Community hospital with home town closeness
Staff Nurse Coronary Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJuly 6, 2017
As a small hospital, it was a good place to be introduced to intensive care situations within a comfortable environment. Staff was supportive and worked well together.
Pros
Small hospital
Cons
Not a teaching hospital
Great Coworkers, Good Temporary Postition
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJuly 5, 2017
I loved my coworkers. Mercy hires people who are very passionate and who have great work ethics. On the floor I worked on, there is such a huge turnover of staff. It is a new floor so it my take a while for the kinks to be worked out but the allotted number of patients to one CNA was unreasonable. Much of the time, the patients were total care assistance. They need to be better staffed. I stopped working here because I felt I wasn't getting paid enough for the work load I was given.
Pros
Benefits, coworkers, environment
Cons
patient load, stress, pressure, pay
Caustic work environment. Non-stop vicious backstabbing
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 30, 2017
A very caustic work environment. The department is currently being managed like a sheltered work shop for special needs children. Blatant favoritism, vicious non-stop backstabbing, and endless gossiping. Knowing ones job and being good at it is tantamount to placing a target on your back. Good enough is considered the gold standard for instrumentation coming out of the department on a daily basis. Very unpleasant environment to spend any amount of time in.
Pros
I left.
Cons
Those currently in power.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercy Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.