Mercy Hospital

Mercy Hospital Employee Reviews

Very nice place to work ,having a good comunication with all the personal patients and familys.
ICU Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Coon Rapids, MNJuly 31, 2015
having the experience to admit patient ,including set up merlin BP ,perform Vitals sings ,and more, having a successful Daily curriculum ,enjoying patients nurses and co workers.
:@
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), surgical servicesJuly 29, 2015
I enjoy my work/life balance at this facility. I have grown as a nurse here in this facility.Co-workers are friendly. One of the best things is that everyone is very helpful.
Best hospital
Dietary Technician (Former Employee), Rogers, ARJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Free drinks, great atmosphere
Cons: work holidays and weekends
I loved working here.
Great Atmosphere
I loved making an impact in the patients' lives.
Short breaks is downside
Management is bad with scheduling
Great place to start a career
Appeals Coordinator/ Utilization Management (Current Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 23, 2015
Mercy has all the things you need to start your nursing career. Great coworkers and ancillary departments. It's a small enough hospital that you get to know everybody!

The downfall is not having an opportunity to work from home.
Great experience
Outpatient Coder (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: great exposure to ER coding
Cons: Far commute
Great place to learn outpatient ER coding.. The ER received high level of medical services that I was able to apply all aspects of coding
Apportunity to learn and practice as a nurse
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 18, 2015
Patient care, safety and infection control was my goal every day spent at hospital setting. I have learned from nurses on the flour how to best take care of patients and their families. Rotations at hospital setting helps us new nurses to get used to new environment and be able to practice skills under supervision of experienced nurses.
Great people to work with and great insurance benefits
Supply Technian (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Great insurance
Cons: Short breaks
I had to retrieve medical equipment from all floors and take them to the basement to clean and sterilize them. Then I had to go to my assigned floor and replace the patient stations with syringes, needles and such. I learned a lot about how hard the nurses really worked. My co-workers were fine. I got along with all of them except one. The hardest part of the job was having to pick up the slack from other workers. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the staff.
Bustling and Organized Outpatient setting
Physical Therapist Assistant Staff (Former Employee), Miami/Coconut Grove, FLJuly 13, 2015
Pros: No weekend shifts for PTAs.
Cons: Getting vacation time
I dispensed Physical therapy, performed exercise groups (both bariatric and geriatric), and wound care. I learned to manage my organizational skills so my note writing did not interfere with my treatment time. Co-workers were excellent in helping each other out and very knowledgeable. Running the exercise groups were the most enjoyable part of my job because I would see patients for years which gave me the time to see their gains via my counseling.
Great Place to work.
CST (Current Employee), Fort Smith, ARJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, good location, staff is sufficient.
Cons: I would say low pay.
Sterile Processing Department is a busy department. We learn something new everyday as we process new instrumentation that is introduced to the hospital. We work as team and share better ways to improve our production but also we share part of our lives which is great since spend most of our days together.
Great orthopedic programs
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 9, 2015
Acute Care Hospital with a primarily orthopedic joint replacement population. Performed acute care evaluations and treatments, performed wound care, assisted and observed ergonomic evaluations, educated future patients in the “Joint Camp” Program orientation class.
Productive workplace nice environment
Security Officer (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 8, 2015
Patrols assigned areas by foot or Segway for fires, vandalism, suspicious activity or persons, safety/fire hazards. Investigates and/or reports hazards, unusual or suspicious circumstances. Making sure the premises is secure by checking doors and windows of buildings and rooms to ensure they are tightly closed and locked. Observes activity and traffic in assigned area by the naked eye or by video monitors, enforce rules/regulations; alerts visitors of infractions, daily reports assist any persons in building or on grounds needing information and or directions. Respond to all code calls. Proficient in operating security systems including two-way radios, CCTVs, and two-way/convex wall mirrors ensuring the safety of employees and visitors and minimizing potential losses. Committed to enhancing knowledge of security techniques.
Mercy hospital ~ good place to work !!
rn (Former Employee), coon rapids, mnJuly 8, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: na
Floor rn ~ get report, check lab / xray results ,assess my 4 pts, start medication and or any procedures/tests scheduled. start charting ~ careplans: are pts ready for discharge etc. I enjoy going to work, I love helping pts and family members.
Great hospital to work at in Midwest
Pulmonary and Critical Care Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 7, 2015
Mercy Hospital is a good hospital to work at immediately post training. It has a good volume of patients and provides a good learning experience.
Loved working with the staff
Registration (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 5, 2015
Being able to work and talk to different types of people was the best part of my job. Pre registering their surgeries and procedures made it so much easier on them, which made them happy, which made the job easier and more enjoyable.
Assist nurses, CNAs and receptionist
Volunteer (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Amazing people
I loved volunteering here! You are expected to learn fast and not to be told every time what to do. The people treat you very well and love to teach you a thing or two about what they do.
Huge hospital complex in extreme weather conditions
Facilities Maintenance/ Power Plant Technician (Former Employee), Ardmore, OKJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Good feeling for helping others
Cons: Very high responsibility of facility and hundreds of lives.
Working evenings by myself prioritizing PM's, work orders, radio calls, fire alarms and other emergency calls made for a busy day. When faced with an objectionable task it was good to know I would be doing something different in 5 to 10 minutes. Supervisors and co-workers were great, as they were always available when I encountered a major problem or disaster. The hardest thing for me was finding time to eat dinner, try for 7pm but many times midnight. What I received in return for being dedicated was the respect from the medical staff( yes even doctors) and the appreciation of the patients and/or patients family for going the extra mile.
Great Work Place
Food Service Tech II (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 1, 2015
Had A Lot to take on at Mercy Like Barcode scanning
Positive outlook
Cheerful and energetic
Reliable and dependable
Flexible
Basic clerical knowledge
Commercial deep fryer and slicer operation
Proven leader
A clean busy upscale Hospital in Coconut Grove offering excellent benifits.
Parking Cashier (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 30, 2015
Pros: Good health care benefits and a cafeteria for employees only.
It's an immaculate catholic hospital on Biscayne Bay in Miami, Fl with two cafeterias. The hospital is owned by nuns (the Sisters of Saint Joseph). It's a very pleasant place to work.
Learned how to work in Respiratory field.
Witness critical moments of respiratory failure (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 26, 2015
Pros: had a support from co-workers
Cons: short time work
Change HME, set up breathing treatments, oxygen treatments, and much more. Use safe precaution for health care-associated infection, to prevent transmission if infection agents and promote infection control strategies.
Hard work and always understaffed
Nurses assistant (Former Employee), Ardmore, OkJune 26, 2015
Pros: the 12 hour shifts
Cons: no breaks
A typical work day would include me personally caring for at least 16 patients by myself. The thing that I learned while working at Mercy was that it was not the place for me. The management was horrible on the floor that I worked on, always un organized. My coworkers were great one of the only reasons that I stayed as long as I did. The hardest part of the job was the fact that we were always short staffed. The most enjoyable part of the job were the patients and my coworkers.
Headquarters