Mercy Hospital

Mercy Hospital Employer Reviews

Good Place to work
Infection/Quality Control Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 15, 2014
Pros: atmosphere
Cons: low pay
Good Place to work
Good atmosphere and the people that are there make the work day easier and more productive as well.
The pay is lower than most hospitals but the atmosphere helps to offset that.
Productive and great experience
Lab Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 2, 2014
Pros: they would treat you on friday for your daily hard work, with a lunch day out of the office .
Cons: clients were very demanding, and collections accounts were always an issue to settle.
Busy at all times, Learned to Assist Physicians with there needs as far as adding tests to lab order forms, how to deal with Miami Dade county Drug Testing results , how to follow up with collection accounts . The hard part was to keep up with the testing's names.
Co- workers were great . It was a great experience .
provides excellent patient care
lpn hospital (Former Employee), Cadillac, MINovember 30, 2014
complete patient care, respect of patient and family's of patient
The Mercy Hospital a jewel of South Florida to ensure the safety and patient care.
Cardiac Telemetry Monitor Technician Per-Diem (Current Employee), Miami, FLNovember 30, 2014
Pros: collective participation is encouraged at parties and labor activities recognition...
Cons: the salary of the technicians is somewhat low...
I have the pleasure of working for Mercy Hospital since 2008 in the position of Monitor Technician for Telemetry Services. In general the work of Doctors, Nurses and Technicians to ensure high quality care and patient safety has always been tough. The team of Nurses and Assistants consciously working to provide humane treatment, polite and respectful to patients and their families. The Directors and Managers demonstrate concern for the overcoming of staff and strict compliance of service and patient care protocols. A professional atmosphere of ethics, respect, discipline, and cooperation is promoted. We work in an environment where organization, cleaning and care is required.

The best part of our work is when we note that much effort, dedication and sacrifice in the work of the group of doctors, nurses and technicians results in a noticeable improvement in health or in complete healing of our patients. When we observe a beautiful smile of satisfaction, admiration and recognition in our patients and family members by the attention received.

Pros,
Collective participation is encouraged at parties and labor activities recognition. The company offered its employees more often various gifts on special occasions.

Cons,
Salaries and benefits of doctors and nurses still acceptable. The salary of the technicians is somewhat low compared to the regional average salary of Florida and too low in comparison equal to the national average. Would result highly recommended to scan the elevation of the salary of the technical basis not only at the time of link with the company, but also taking – more... into consideration that more education, pre-qualification and professional experience may be the three elements that ensure wide greater differentiation and coute to a quality standard in the optimization of services. The Company should return to the tradition that always existed in Thanksgivings Day of giving a turkey for dinner or a gift card credit to employees as fair and deserved recognition of the efforts made throughout the year. – less
A good work environment
Environmental Service Technician (Former Employee), Springfield, MONovember 29, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: weather related
I am working at several different building. So, I'm on the go. I don't mind to work hard. I have worked hard all of my life. The weather is the hardest part about my job . I work evening and my shift ends at 2 am. Otherwise, I would stay where I am at. You couldn't ask for a better Supervisor or a better bunch of people to work with.
Wasn't very fit for me.
CNA/Med Tech (Former Employee), Springfield, MONovember 26, 2014
Pros: many hours, satisfaction of patients
Cons: misplaced attitude and teamwork.
A typical day at work was harassment from faculty and other staff members. I learned that not everyone is fit for this field and if you want to work in it, you really have to devote yourself to it. Management tended to be rude, disrespectful, and downgrading. Hardest part of the job was leaving my residents when I left. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a smile on a resident's face.
Good place to work.
Biomedical Engineer (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 25, 2014
Excellent work environment. Good pay and benefits. Great management and coworkers.
Great
data entry clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 17, 2014
Great job enjoyable environment. Very nice area and people. Very easy.
Never a dull moment
Neurology Nurse (Current Employee), Des Moines, IANovember 17, 2014
The evening would start by getting report from previous shift nurse, then assessing and gaining patient vitals. Between 2000 and 2200 it would be time to pass medications. At midnight we reassess all patients. During this time, depending on the patient, I would prepare them for any tests or procedures they might have. I have learned that even though I have a routine, there is no "typical day at work". Each day is new and brings its own set of challenges. My co-workers are my backbone. We work as a team. We are there to support each other through whatever that day brings. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the patients get better everyday and leave in a better condition than what they came in.
Enjoyed working there
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 14, 2014
I liked this hospital, good environment to work in, team players.
good, clean hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYNovember 13, 2014
Mercy is part of the CHS system which strives to provide good medial care to the community.
Hospital
Cashier/Food Service (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 12, 2014
I did cashiering, balanced cash drawer and prepared food. I learned how to make different foods. I liked serving the customers
I ran my own buisness this was very rewarding
Registration Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 9, 2014
Pros: i was my own boss
Cons: children being cut from the child care program put people out of work.
I really enjoy working with the children and having my own schedule, not having to answer to no one but the state.
Very nice place to work.
Sonographer (Former Employee), Rogers, ARNovember 7, 2014
Pros: good leadship, good perks
Worked in Ultrasound department. I would recommend this as a place to work.
MANAGER, RESPIRATORY THERAPY (Current Employee), Portland, MENovember 7, 2014
Excellent co-workers, other managers very willing to help out "the newbie".
Fun people to work with but the management team is terrible.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Springfield, MONovember 3, 2014
Pros: long breaks, hours
Cons: management
A typical day at the hospital is very stressful. You never have time to sit down and relax. Your always up and dealing with your patients. Every patient is different. I pass out breakfast trays, i do vital signs, pick up trays, give baths, pass out lunch trays, change beds, change the patients if need be, pick up lunch trays, do vital signs again, chart in the middle of everything, empty foleys, clean my designated area. I love my co-workers. There the best people i could have asked to work with. The hardest part of my job is keeping up with all the charting and bathing the patients. The most enjoyable part are definitely the people i work with. Although the management is terrible.
Interesting place to work, patients are wonderful
Women's Health Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 3, 2014
The hardest part about my job was not having enough resources for the staff and patients.
Great Place to Work
ALLINA HEALTH DIETARY AIDE (Current Employee), Coon Rapids MNNovember 3, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay
Exciting, good managers, good employees, great pay

Fun Place
Great!
Mercy Hospital Nurse assistant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 31, 2014
Pros: meet amazing people
Cons: long hours but people make it better
Fun place to work! Meet alot of people and glad to be there to help them and talk.
Job History
Patient Account Specialist (Current Employee), st. louisOctober 28, 2014
It is a very pleasant place to work. I dislike the management in customer service but its not all that bad.

About Mercy Hospital

The Scripps Research Institute is one of the world's largest independent, non-profit biomedical research organizations. Scripps – Read more