Mercy Hospital

Mercy Hospital United States Employee Reviews

For beginners
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), chicago, ilMarch 7, 2015
great place to work for beginners to get hospital experience, they teach you how to do ekgs and blood draws but don't pay you for it. Mostly everyone one is a team player.
Great Workplace
RN, BSN (Current Employee), ICUMarch 1, 2015
Mercy ICU - great work environment, management, benefits, and compensation. Knowledgable coworkers, on-site training and recertifications available.
Great work environment
CNMT & Student Mentor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 1, 2015
Supportive and growth oriented work environment. Working with highly skilled professionals on daily basis. Patient relations are the favorite part of my job however. Meeting and helping new people with challenging problems makes me feel like I am doing a great deal for my social responsibility.
Overnight shift
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2015
Never got holidays off or weekends. Flexible hours, and offers extra hours. Great coworkers, very helpful when you need them.
n/a
Volunteer and Community Service (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: lunch vouchers
Cons: n/a
this was volunteer but it was a great way for me to interact with people on different levels and be able to help people with there needs they have
Busy
Nurse Tech/Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 27, 2015
I stay very busy at Mercy. The hardest part of my job is working consecutive 12 hour shifts. It is a fun job though, I really enjoy it.
Its a great place to work for.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Rogers, ARFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great teamwork, flexible schedule, management is approachable
Cons: working overnights, twelve hour shifts, unexpected situations
A day at work is usually busy and it has its many challenges, but the teamwork is phenomenal. I learned how to prioritize my time because not only did I have to take vitals for up to twelve patients but I have to deal with anything that is thrown my way (i.e. taking patients to the bathroom, unexpected situations, etc...). I like to make a difference in people's lives and this is the best part of the job.
I found the atmosphere and environment very positive and supportive of their employees.
Health Unit Coordinator Intern (Former Employee), Coon Rapids, MNFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: have a mission statement and purpose for the direction the company is headed.
Cons: employees could use a bigger break room as well as work space.
Speaking as an intern, I want to have a permanent position here. Once in, one can move from different positions and get to know the company in a broader view.
Mercy is beautiful building with helpful employees who care about the patients and handle difficult situations with ease.
The volunteers supplement the team of employees and are treated with high regard. They add so much to the culture!
I loved my job however with the budget cuts it was hard to not worry whether your job would be cut from one to another.
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Lebanon, MOFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: i had my own office but close to other co-workers as well.
Cons: i had to go in at 5:30am.
I loved who I worked with and my job duties. I would of definitely stayed with Mercy if it wasn't for the budget cut. I worked with several different people and cultures. I loved to put smiles on peoples faces when they would come in for interviews. I cant really say there was a hard thing to do at my job, I loved all of it.
Fun place to work
Medical Secretary (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: flexibility in certain departments
Cons: short breaks for lunch or any other time for that matter.
many years of experience and being able to transfer into many departments after s many years of service! Excellent benefits!
Great people, helping people is rewarding
Health/Fitness Coordinator (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 19, 2015
The general work environment is fast paced and fun. Most employees have a common goal of wanting to help others which creates a really fun environment. Some disconnect between management and employees.
Typical Day
Radiology Clerk (Former Employee), Portland, MEFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: enjoyed my job
Cons: learning the latest computer data
Arrive at hospital at 5am. Stop at admissions office and pick up all documentation needed for out patients scheduled for that day. Prepare all paper work for the day,
Good benefits
Floor Tech (Current Employee), Fort Smith, ARFebruary 16, 2015
Getting in at 5:30AM and sweeping, buffing, stripping & waxing floors.

I learned how to strip & wax floors. I had never done that before.

Management is ok.

Co-workers are usually good to work with.

Hardest part of the job is getting in to work so early.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working around nice people & so I can get my job done.
I enjoyed the job!
Sterile Processing Tech (Former Employee), Joplin, MOFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: limited space
There were no typical days while working at MERCY. A tornado destroyed our hospital. Every day was a new day. Conforming to the needs of the hour and the materials at hand as each day demanded. The management was amazing to work with. They appreciated every effort made to get the job done. Most of the co-workers were of the same spirit, however a few didn't like change and were challenging to work with. The hardest part of the job was the limited amount of space we had to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team work. Our motto became "It is what it is....But it becomes what you make it"
MANAGEMENT ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. HOSPITAL IS IN DESPERATE NEED OF A UNION.
ORTHOPEDIC TECHNICIAN SPD (Former Employee), Springfield, MOFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: terrible toxic management
PEOPLE THAT HAVE WORKED THERE FOR 25 OR MORE YEARS ARE BEING FORCED OUT AND EVEN TERMINATED BASED ON LIES OR WHAT EVER EXCUSE MANAGEMENT CAN COME UP WITH TO TERMINATE YOU.I HAD 17 GREAT YEARS AT MERCY UNDER 4 DIFFERENT DIRECTORS. MY LAST DIRECTOR EVERYTHING CHANGED IN MY LIFE. THIS SO CALLED DIRECTOR WAS OUT TO GET ME TERMINATED FROM THE FIRST WE MET. HE NEVER SHOWED ME ANY RESPECT WHAT SO EVER. HE NEVER COULD LOOK ME SQUARE IN THE EYE. ANY TIME HE TALK TO ME. HE WAS COMPLETELY TALKING DOWN TO ME. A UNION WAS DEFINITELY NEEDED THREW THIS KIND TREATMEANT. DURING MY TIME WORKING UNDER THIS SNAKE HE NEVER SAID ONE KIND TO ME. I KNEW HE COULD NEVER FIRE ME ON MY WORK. SO THIS SNAKE TERMINATED IN JUNE OF 2014. I WAS NEVER WROTE UP PER MERCY PROTOCAL.IT WENT STRAIGHT TO TERMINATION. HOW HE LIED TO HUMAN RESOURCES AND PULLED THIS OFF I'LL NEVER KNOW. THIS DIRECTOR NEVER KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT OUR DEPARTMENT EXCEPT ON PAPER. I THINK FROM THE FIRST WE MET .HE KNEW I THAT I KNEW OUR DEPARTMENT VERY WELL AND FELT INTIMINATED BY THAT AND WANTED ME GONE. I DID NOTHING WRONG TO GET TERMINATED. IT WAS SOLELY PERSONAL.SO THIS SNAKE LIED AND SMEARED MY NAME.EVERY YEAR OUT OF THE 25 YEARS I WORKED FOR MERCY I ALWAYS RECEIVED TOP EVALUATIONS. IF THIS COMPANY HAD A UNION SNAKES LIKE MY DIRECTOR WOULD BE THE ONES GETTING TERMINATED. NOT GOOD EMPLOYEES THAT HAVE BEEN THERE 25 YEARS OR LONGER.THIS DIRECTOR ACTS RELIGIOUS AND A GOOD CHRISTIAN MAN . HE'S ABOUT THE TOTAL OPPOSITE. THIS MAN PREACHS THE COMPANY CODE OF CONDUCT AND MERCY VALUES. HOW HE CAN LOOK IN MIRROR AFTER PREACHING THESE VALUES AND LIE AND BACK STAB AND ULTIMATELY GETTING ME TERMINATED. WHERES THE UNION.
Good company
COOK (Former Employee), FairfieldFebruary 11, 2015
The company isn't bad. There are some problems with rules enforcement. Seemed they would pick and choose whom and when to apply certain rules to. Other than that, good company, good pay, nice benefits.
Exciting 200 hour externship
Extern/Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: flexible scheduel
Had the opportunity to complete my education by preforming 200 hour externship and a challeging fun environment. I obtained vitals and interacted with patients, and prepared myself to be a medical assistant.
it was a good experience but not good management.
shipping & receiving asocciate III (Former Employee), Sentral Cervices Department and Receiving Dock.February 2, 2015
Pros: we were like brothers, we all were team players.
Cons: new management broke the team. the hospital was bought and we got laid off
always busy, and I never have the chance or time to see what other co-workers were doing, i did my 8 hours of work and go home,always help when need it, and you can always count on me, to stay for O.T. or cover other shift, and always volunteer to work for during Hurricane season, i worked before, during, and after the hurricane. i love my job and i learn not to bring Home work issues and never bring to work personal issues or problems.
enjoyed helping patients
EKG Technician (Former Employee), Heart centerJanuary 22, 2015
Working at Mercy was very interesting and exciting .I enjoyed helping people,working with doctors and learning some thing new all the time
Mercy was a good place to work.
food tech 1 (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 16, 2015
It was a good place to work. The people were very friendly. Management was fair and friendly.

About Mercy Hospital

The Scripps Research Institute is one of the world's largest independent, non-profit biomedical research organizations. Scripps – Read more

Mercy Hospital Salaries