Mercy Hospital

Mercy Hospital Employee Reviews

The most important work place to help people
Pharmacist (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 18, 2015
Pros: Interacting with patient
Cons: No cons
I like to be a pharmacist because I like to help other people is very important for me to interacting with my coworker and answer questions to the patient . And I like to be very professional and very positive about my job .
Educational and fast paced enviornment
Patient Care Associate (PCA) (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJune 17, 2015
Pros: Continuing education: new surgery techniques, medications, disorders, therapies, braces/slings, etc.
Cons: Constantly short staffed, short breaks, sometimes no breaks due to being short staffed, low hourly wage, working holidays
A typical day on the Rehabilitation floor was a bit chaotic. Trying to accomplish bathing and dressing, assisting patients with meals, helping them use the restroom, and transporting them to and from therapy sessions taught me how to manage my time wisely and really strengthened my multitasking skills. Seeing the progression of my patients was such fulfilling feeling. While some patients never fully recovered due to their injuries, most were able to go home and live their lives as they had before Rehab. Therapy and positive outlooks greatly change the progression of a disease or injury and I am so thankful I had the opportunity to be a part of helping others with such life altering methods.
used to be a great place to work for.
Senior Patient Access Representative (Lead) (Current Employee), Springfield, MOJune 16, 2015
Work more with less people because they dont fill positions all the time. Make us wear uniforms also. Managers play favorites
Fast paced environment
Laboratory Secretary (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 16, 2015
Was a nice place to work for....definite opportunities to advance in different areas within the hospital. Was sad to see place close.
Excellent experience
Diabetes Nutrition Specialist (Former Employee), Portland, MEJune 15, 2015
Pros: Great place to work. Seminars and training provided. Professional memberships and seminars paid for. Manager and coworkers excellent to work with. Ability to advance skills.
Cons: Per diem status.
a day in the life of an RN
LPN then an RN role (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 15, 2015
Pros: 3 day work week as shifts are 12 hours
Cons: Short breaks
basically you are non stop giving pain medications to well deservant patients who are suffering with unrelenting pain from surgical
procedure(S) the other parts of the day you need to do your
head to toe shift assessment(S) for pt safety and optimize patient oiutcome(S)
Great people to work with
Receptionist, Referral Specialist (Current Employee), Portland MaineJune 11, 2015
Pros: The people
Cons: Insurance, pay
I enjoyed my job most days and worked with some of the best people there. My boss was always fair and a great help if there was a problem. Hardest part was getting the patients to do what they were supposed to do and comply with doctors orders. Getting to know all the people I have worked with over the last 14 years has been an honor and I will continue those relationships even after I no longer work there. I have been out on disability since 12/13 and am ready to get back to work. I would like to see what other positions may be out there.
I love the Medical field
Phlebotomist, Clinical Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 9, 2015
I already reviewed Mercy Hospital. I love management and coworkers, especially my patients. I had a variety of duties, including venipuncture, computer entry and specimen processing.
Great Employess
Radiology Transport (Former Employee), SJune 8, 2015
Everyone there treated you like family and always helped out when they could. It was also nice knowing that my job would always be needed.
Nice people to work with
RN-BSN (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 8, 2015
Nice supportive staff in the CCU and ICU. Knowledgeable physicians that collaborated with RN staff. Flexible staff scheduling and hours.
productive
Volunteer (Current Employee), Portland, MEJune 7, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: breaks
I am learning how to work with different people in different place.some people are funny and are shy.the hardest part on the job it is to oriente people when he or she doen't understand what you say at Mercy Hospital.I like my job.
Good
Student (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 5, 2015
It is a very good internship site. It has been a great experience so far. I have learned a lot from my supervisor. I am getting a lot of experience treating and evaluating patients with communication, swallowing, and cognitive disorders.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Portland, MEJune 5, 2015
Mercy Hospital was a helpful hospital for me to demonstrate my learned skills and attained knowledge in respiratory care. Management was always changing making the growth of our department difficult. The hardest part of my job was stressful situations because of sick and or dying patients. These stressful situations were made easier to overcome with the help of my very kind and supportive coworkers.
Excellent
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 3, 2015
Pros: excellent team work
Cons: pay
Medicate patients, use of critical thinking when applying
interventions, communicating with healthcare professionals
head to toe assessments. Document
Unstable rules and regulations due to not having a union
Dining Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 2, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: No union
The job is easy but there is no room for advancement depending upon the department that one may work in. Otherwise, people are generally friendly.
...
Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 29, 2015
Great people; slow advancement; work/life balance a plus; beautiful location; Job security; Great employee events; Decent benefits
Productive and busy workplace.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee), Fort Smith, ARMay 27, 2015
The job is about working hard and being there for the patients. Co-workers are generally helpful. I enjoy satisfying patients. The hardest part is not having the proper supplies to satisfy them.
Needs to be reviewed
Lab Radiology technician assistant (Former Employee), Tishomingo, OKMay 27, 2015
Pros: Amazing Patients
Cons: Horrible managament team
I feel strongly that they have lost track in what we were put there for. I absolutely loved my job there. But once we started getting amazing ratings because our mercy team was the best around. Our managament team lost track of why we were there. They forgot that our PATIENTS were aour number one. Started treating those employees that worked so hard and the best around like they werent worth anything because we didnt click in there "crew". So sad to see such an amazing hospital lose such a great staff because of power hungry people.
great place to work for
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee), Edmond, OKMay 25, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits, Reasonable pay
Cons: turnover rate is high
Great Hospital to work for I work with a great team in my area the hard part about the job is some coworkers are disrespectful the best thing to do is ignore them but it makes some days hard to be at work.
Advancement
Office Coordinator/Office Manager (Former Employee), chicago, IlMay 25, 2015
Pros: advancement
Able to advance withing the company, communication skills enhanced. Management skills improved. The hardest part of my job was terminating someone employment. While the most enjoyable part of the job was having a relationship with your staff

About Mercy Hospital

The Scripps Research Institute is one of the world's largest independent, non-profit biomedical research organizations. Scripps – Read more

Mercy Hospital Salaries