Mercy Hospital Employee Reviews

great place to shadow
Shadowing Student (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 9, 2017
The parking was a little hectic every morning but it was a nice easy commute. The doctors were very friendly and always professional. The physician assistants were amazing.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 8, 2017
I love working at Mercy. The staff is great and the coworkers are there to help not only the patients but the new staff members. The management makes sure the treatment is fair and that everyone succeeds.
Wonderful opportunity to indulge in your passion for caring for others
Medical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJuly 7, 2017
I personally have a passion for caring for others. Working at Mercy allowed me to not only fulfill my passion, but also learn so many things within the medical field and office administration.
Pros
positive coworkers
Cons
unhappy patients sometimes
Poor compemsation
PATIENT CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MO 65807July 7, 2017
Poor compensation for the amount of work required, and the on call requirements. Schedule is organized and management has no clue how to organize the team.
Community hospital with home town closeness
Staff Nurse Coronary Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJuly 6, 2017
As a small hospital, it was a good place to be introduced to intensive care situations within a comfortable environment. Staff was supportive and worked well together.
Pros
Small hospital
Cons
Not a teaching hospital
Great Coworkers, Good Temporary Postition
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJuly 5, 2017
I loved my coworkers. Mercy hires people who are very passionate and who have great work ethics. On the floor I worked on, there is such a huge turnover of staff. It is a new floor so it my take a while for the kinks to be worked out but the allotted number of patients to one CNA was unreasonable. Much of the time, the patients were total care assistance. They need to be better staffed. I stopped working here because I felt I wasn't getting paid enough for the work load I was given.
Pros
Benefits, coworkers, environment
Cons
patient load, stress, pressure, pay
Caustic work environment. Non-stop vicious backstabbing
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 30, 2017
A very caustic work environment. The department is currently being managed like a sheltered work shop for special needs children. Blatant favoritism, vicious non-stop backstabbing, and endless gossiping. Knowing ones job and being good at it is tantamount to placing a target on your back. Good enough is considered the gold standard for instrumentation coming out of the department on a daily basis. Very unpleasant environment to spend any amount of time in.
Pros
I left.
Cons
Those currently in power.
Reivew
Emergency Department RN (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJune 28, 2017
12 hour shifts or shorter with PRN work. Okay facility. Good floor managers. Less than perfect upper management. Union was less than beneficial and mostly a hindrance.
Great place to sork
Mercy fitness center (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 27, 2017
Specialized training limits opportunity for advancement . Leadership provides a secure work force while providing adequate compensation to match qualifications
Great company, good place to work.
Power Plant Technician (Former Employee) –  Healdton, OKJune 23, 2017
Great company with great and encouraging employees. Which can make a huge difference. Clean and organsized company also with great benefits and chances for advancement.
quality medical care
RADIOLOGY OFFICE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJune 22, 2017
a solid place to work. Not a lot of room for advancement. This is a small and caring hospital that is used by many older Iowans from around Southeastern Iowa.
Great!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 22, 2017
I worked here for several years and enjoyed every minute of it. The staff was friendly and the Dr.'s were some of the best. The workload was just right. I never felt overwhelmed.
Challenging yet rewarding work environment
Medical Assistant/ Practice Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKJune 22, 2017
Have been working with Mercy for 6 years now, same department since hire. Mercy has allowed me to grow as an employee and has helped me achieve the knowledge and skills I need to continue to build myself and my work etiquette. In the department I am in, I've had the opportunity to go out in the field and get to know companies and employees, I believe that helps with the whole aspect.
Productive environment
PATIENT CARE TECH AND PHLEBOTOMY TECH TRAINING (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 21, 2017
Great work experience, friendly people, learned how to manage others and give feedback on patients. Did cardiology assessments on patients and drew blood from various patients
Pros
Excellent managment
Cons
Would have like more experience
Good work experience
Medical Rec Clerk,Staffing Sec,Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJune 21, 2017
I enjoyed my work but I did not like working weekends. As staffing secretary and a unit clerk I worked every other weekend. I had good co-workers and learned a lot about medical records and the medical field.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Working weekends
My experience at Mercy
Transportation Supervisor/Interim Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 20, 2017
Mercy is a fast pace environment that require co-workers who must be productive and compassionate. Helping others and upholding Mercy Values are the best part about the job. It can be difficult at time to keep up with the pace a truly multi-task at times but but the outcome is very rewarding. Being able to seek out other positions in the hospital and benefits are great.
Fun place to work! Caring and kind management.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 20, 2017
Through my career, hands down- best place to work! Great co-workers from many backgrounds.
Learn something new every shift! Facility is nice. Management is great!
Pros
Management, staff, the job itself
Cons
Pay
Very Productive workplace
Lab Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 20, 2017
CPL was a very nice employer to work with. Everyday was a very fast pace environment . Great team that was very helpful. we worked as am amazing team .Hardest part of the job was sticking Newborns to puncture their little heals for blood draws. The most enjoyable part of the jobs was being able to deliver fast and accurate results to the lab for the patients
Pros
Drug reps would bring us lunches
Cons
Somedays we were short staffed
Good atmosphere, management ok, ok place to start
Biomed Tech I (Current Employee) –  615 S New Ballas RdJune 19, 2017
Mercy is an hospital with a good atmosphere, nice people, good place to start. Pay as for what I do seems like its one of the lowest. Advancement from speaking with other employees not fast enough. But other than that satisfied with getting the experience.
Pros
company van for traveling
Cons
Pay is less than most
Fun workpalce
Emergency Department Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 16, 2017
Typical day at work is you don't know what's coming. Learning is never-ending in Emergency Department. Workplace is diverse, workers are nice and respectful.
Pros
Free lunches when busy provided by bosses.
Cons
No breaks when super busy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercy Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.