Mercy Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

great place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIAugust 7, 2016
great place to work, always learning something new, many opportunities to meet new people, you get the chance to meet new people and families of all walks of life.
Pros
teamwork, opportunities to grow
Cons
may not always get beak, can be extremely busy
How many times to I have to review this/
Certified Registered Sterilization Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 3, 2016
I worked in central processing where I worked in decomtaination and sterilization. I sterilized surgical instrument trays and sets needed for up coming surgies. Some major including cardiac
The people I work with are great, but don't ask about the management
LPN (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 24, 2016
The people I work with are great, but don't ask about the management. Great patients to care for, and great workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing people leave better then when they came in.
Productive and fun place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 22, 2016
I enjoyed my whole experience at Mercy in Cedar Rapids. I was treated fairly and would recommend people in the healthcare industry to work there. The people who work at Mercy are great people to work with.
Great
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MO 64804June 10, 2016
This place is excellent to work for. The people make you feel like family and support you no matter what. The pay is good. Only bad thing is you do have to work weekend and holidays and sometimes 12 hour shifts but overall excellent.
Financial Counselor
FINANCIAL COUNSELOR POSTION (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 16, 2016
Loved this job! Worked at the Mercy Recovery Center until it closed. Worked here for 4 1/2 years and was able to get a promotion, getting promotions if you earn them are not hard to do if you are ready to put the work in.
Pros
Lots of perks with some of the areas
Cons
Can get "stuck" in the same job if you aren't careful
Good but not great
Patient Care Associate (PCA) PART TIME (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 19, 2016
Typical day at work: Probably understaffed
What you learned: Be quick on your feet
Management: Upper management lacks care/compassion for patients and the people taking care of those patients.
Coworkers: Most are great, they help create a positive learning environment most of the time.
Hardest part: Not being allowed to have more than 1 caregiver unless you have 14 patients is ridiculous. I consistently find it impossible to give my patients the quality of care I wish I could give because I simply do not have the time. Mercy reviews suffer due to this, from the coworker's point of view and more importantly the patients (who suffers most) point of view.
Most enjoyable part of the job: Getting to meet and get to know so many wonderful people. I think it will be next to impossible to forget some of the fantastic people I've had the opportunity to work with.

Also, the cafeteria charges a lot for their low quality food.
Pros
Meet lots of new people.
Cons
Busy, lack of care from management
Very productive, good continuing education.
Supervisor Russell Anglin CRT (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 12, 2016
12 hr. night shift
Friendly people
good equipment
most important part of the job was working with great doctors
Great co workers everyone easy to get along with.
Pros
great doctors
Cons
non
Lovely Staff
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aurora, MOJune 12, 2016
Management lacks in recruiting. Not personable. I would love to work there again with better understanding of recruitment process and delegation. Fun working environment.
Pros
Great night shift team
Cons
Management in accounting
Productive and fun work place. Staff works well together
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 29, 2016
great staffing, wonderful coworkers. Great hospital to work for. pt's rooms are updated and large, easy to work in. Doctors are pleasant to work with. Well working team and the mother/baby unit.
Pros
wonderful staff to work with
Cons
not much time for lunch
Great place
Phlebotomist/Processor (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNAugust 21, 2016
Loved working with coworkers on evening shift. really liked the fast paced environment and problem solving skills learned on evening and night shift..
Pros
Great company
Cons
Hard to move up within the company
Emergency Room RN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOMay 5, 2016
Learned a lot and was exposed to great deal of critical care situations. As with many ER jobs, the turnover rate for nurses is fairly high. Look at this position as a means to get some experience before moving on to other opportunities.
very independant job itself . which I did enjoy .
EVS (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, MOFebruary 13, 2016
I actually enjoyed what I did @ Mercy ,, U had your individual list to complete by the end of each shift , I work 1/2 second & 1/2 third shift . If u did needed assistant , it was a good crew that they would pitch in to help complete certain situation needed . cant say enough about the team on second & third shift.
I really learned so much about your everyday life style of how bacteria spreads so easily & how long it can stay active on surfaces. I live my own life more differently from that job.
I have clean everything in the hospital , individual clinics , OR , ER ,. etc , Donna Griffin was exceptional as an assistant to the manager herself . She treated everyone fairly .
I like most about the job is that I was busy the whole shift .
Not much let down time , ,, for it didn't exist to often .
Cons
my job didnt allow much let down time . I worked 10 hours shifts, was lucky to have lunch.
Small hospital, good team
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKAugust 24, 2016
financial incentives minimal. Some OT pressure due to minimal staff and calling in sick. overall a good hospital to work for. Some morale challenges due to the patient ratio to nurses
pay
OR Sterilization Technician (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARMay 15, 2016
I enjoy Working for mercy but I love the health care field so is that cheating? I would say that I would stay with mercy but the pay is always bad. There's a lady that was there for over 17 years and she makes 17 like what ?
Great PRN
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lamar, MOApril 1, 2016
My first PRN respiratory job. Being the only therapist on staff in the middle of very small and rural area took me to some of the most intense code situations I have been in.
Pros
strong department, learned alot here
Cons
not much room for advancement
nice place to work ,great people
Nutrition and Dietary department manager (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMarch 17, 2016
Mercy Hospital was a great experience. everyone is well treated and respected. I had good training from their training teams a lot of growth potential, classes for personal growth.
Pros
quality of life excelleny
Cons
not enough caos
Great work environment with much learning incorporated into dialy routine. Easy job and worth getting up for in the morning.
Patient Escort (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJanuary 9, 2016
An amazing place to work. The staff and general staff are outgoing and welcoming. If I could work anywhere, it would be here. The pay is great, and it allows you time to schedule around yourself without straining your energy or wearing you out. Management is informal. No hard parts about this job, and most enjoyable is being able to my job with ease, while providing satisfaction for patients. Thanked and appreciated for you work here often.
Pros
Reduced lunch rates, holiday bonuses or gift cards, easy work, not demanding.
Always feels like family
Director of Cardiology I (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMarch 25, 2016
Mercy is a very good place to work. I always feel I have the support of upper management. It is my first "not for profit" position. I like the fact they do things that fits the needs of the community regardless of the income potential.
3 star rating
Expediter/Set-Up/Food Tech (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOJuly 12, 2016
hard work, non competive pay, reasonable pay, difficult work-life balance, little advancement, below professional managment, fair human resource dept, friendly faces