Mercy Hospital Employee Reviews

Wonderful first medical job
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IA 52245November 19, 2016
I was employed here my first year in college and I was able to learn so much. I enjoyed the constant edge to learn from and the pleasant atmosphere of the staff.
Great place to begin your career
patient advocate (Current Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYSeptember 26, 2016
Great place to work. Very supportive environment, some great staff members and great opportunity for growth. The nurse educators are always available for guidance.
Need more employees
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKApril 13, 2016
Management needs to be more professional in the presence of employees. More employees or PRN technologists need to be hired. No permanent placement, lots of floating back and forth within the radiology department. There's no assistance, or compensation for technologists who take and pass additional certification registry exams. I feel that technologists at Mercy are not paid what they're worth.
Pros
close to home
Cons
only employer in my current location
First rate working environment.
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNNovember 30, 2016
Excellent opportunities for growth. Friendly, productive team of people. Great benefits including 403b, union contracts for certain positions.
Great direct management
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IANovember 8, 2016
Great team atmosphere, people working together to make the patient experience a positive one. Nurses who take care of each other as well as the patients.
Not a place i would tell someone to apply to
Pharmacy Technician (compounding technician) (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 24, 2016
Coworkers complain to much and management talks all day and don't work. A typical day of work is costumer service. I've learned to be patience with coworkers. The hardest part is working hard while every one else relax.
Cons
everything was horrible
very productive workplace, good managment
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 24, 2016
good job for a young man to work for paid well and had some good benefits. learned how to operate some heavy machinery, how to separate wrap and load pallets onto trucks. hardest part of the job was the long hours and working at night.
Pros
pay advancments, paid well, secure job
Cons
worked nights, long hours, hard to spend time with family during the week.
Anesthesia Technician Intern (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 3, 2016
A typical day at work - First look at your schedule to see what case you have to do

What I learn- Every case is different

Management /my co-workers- Everybody is a team player

Hardest part of job- Nothing

Enjoyable part of job- You save another life
Pros
Great Opportunity
Small hospital, good team
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKAugust 24, 2016
financial incentives minimal. Some OT pressure due to minimal staff and calling in sick. overall a good hospital to work for. Some morale challenges due to the patient ratio to nurses
Nice place to work
Student (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, MONovember 17, 2016
Performed my Phlebotomy clinical at this location. Nice work environment. Good overall experience. Learned a few tricks to get a successful stick on a difficult patient.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 17, 2016
Staff are positive, encouraging and helps with keeping me busy.They are also very patient. A typical day is busy but exciting. I do a lot of filing and completing different tasks.
Mercy Health System
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIApril 30, 2016
This is a nice place to work the biggest issue I am going through is not getting any hours due to the fact that I am pool during the school year. When I do get hours I am usually sitting with a risk patient for my whole shift. Very friendly and nice just do not get any hours because of being pool if you want hours get an FTE.
Amazing team workers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 16, 2016
I enjoy working with patients an helping people out. I am very much of a team worker an this company was all about working as a team an placing patients first.
Great Company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEOctober 30, 2016
I enjoyed working for mercy they are all about family. The management was great. I learned lots at mercy such as it was the first time working with electronic records.
Productive, friendly work environment
Outpatient Registrar/ Emergency Room Registrar (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMarch 31, 2016
My coworkers were wonderful and very helpful, I enjoyed talking to the people on a daily basis. Management was ok, sometimes I was intimidated because of the environment. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the volume of people that two of us would have at one time to check into the ER or for an imaging test. All in all, I really loved having this job.
Internship (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 29, 2016
Worked with Mercy for three month internship required by my University to graduate. Great place to work! Great work/life balance as far as I could tell. Fun inviting atmosphere.
Wonderful work environment, friendly co-workers.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 6, 2016
Liked my job but not the rotating 12 hour shifts. Fast paced but staff worked together well. Management was very understanding and concerned with staff; not afraid to help out when needed. Hardest part of job was paper charting and rotating shifts. Most enjoyable were the benefits and co-workers.
Pros
Co workers worked together.
Cons
Rotating shifts.
How many times to I have to review this/
Certified Registered Sterilization Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 3, 2016
I worked in central processing where I worked in decomtaination and sterilization. I sterilized surgical instrument trays and sets needed for up coming surgies. Some major including cardiac
Good people to work with
Registered Nurse, Family (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNSeptember 3, 2016
Work with a great group of nurses that are available to help if your shift load is heavy. Management is mixed review and has room for improvement.
Love working with others like me
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee) –  IowaNovember 7, 2016
Just love that I'm helping somebody and like doing laundry and cleaning so this work is good for someone that like to clean