Mercy Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

A good work environment
Environmental Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 29, 2014
I am working at several different building. So, I'm on the go. I don't mind to work hard. I have worked hard all of my life. The weather is the hardest part about my job . I work evening and my shift ends at 2 am. Otherwise, I would stay where I am at. You couldn't ask for a better Supervisor or a better bunch of people to work with.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
weather related
Great place to work first 7 years
Systems Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 16, 2014
A typical day was doing my list of projects trouble shooting problems working with clients

Management was great for the first 7 years fantastic managers and clients. But when the merged with Catholic East thing changed for the worst.

Great co-workers always there to help I made a lot of friends there.

Dealing with the merger and all the software changes

Working with my clients and knowing I helped them.
Pros
great salary, fantasic cafeteria and christmas dinner
Cons
on call
Fun work place with great coworkers
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 17, 2016
Love everything about mercy.great people, great environment, great higher ups. Everyone works as one. Truly an amazing place to work.
prepare meals for hospital patients.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 14, 2015
my typical day was preparing a wide variety of meals in proportionate sizes for different types of diets. it was a fat paced job due to being the food has to be served at designated times. I also served meals directly to staff and visitors.
Pros
there was room for advancement.
Cons
i had to wear a hair net.
only worked sometimes
Ultrasound Technologist:PRN (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 21, 2015
I did not work here full time but during the time that i did work here, the staff is professional and the doctors seem to be very knowledgeable and understanding. The staff was also very friendly.
Mercy Hospital
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 10, 2016
Excellent Hospital centrally located, truly a pleasure to work there. The clinical staff is very professional and dedicate.
Office Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee) –  Willard, OHDecember 28, 2015
Mercy Hospital was a great place to work. I enjoyed the people I worked for and with. I truly felt valued by the staff and they did very well at making sure we were properly trained.
Great Workplace
RN, BSN (Current Employee) –  ICUMarch 1, 2015
Mercy ICU - great work environment, management, benefits, and compensation. Knowledgable coworkers, on-site training and recertifications available.
Fast paced work place with very nice and welcoming people
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore M.DJanuary 25, 2014
Working at Mercy was pretty nice. Of course you have your typical people who were kind of mean or rude but for the most part everyone was pretty nice. I have learned a lot from working at Mercy. I've learned to be more courteous and empathetic to people and how important I really was to the establishment. Management was pretty good, not perfect but they did the best they could do. I had many hardworking co-workers that did multiple jobs everyday but then there were the lazy people who slacked and did not want to work. The hardest part of the job was probably having to actually look for a work cart at times when ur own has been taken from the floor. The most enjoyable would be the genuine and good people.
Pros
benefits and a few other things
Fun place to work
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 19, 2015
many years of experience and being able to transfer into many departments after s many years of service! Excellent benefits!
Pros
flexibility in certain departments
Cons
short breaks for lunch or any other time for that matter.
Great group of nurses.
RNII, (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 8, 2013
The nurses are hard working and there is job security, however once you reach the top of the pay grade, there have been no raises for 4 yrs. The hospital is currently under agreement to be bought from CHE by another hospital system and having just changed to physician order entry there are alot of frustrated and angry MD's. That being said, they are a dependable, knowledgeable medical staff, usually easy to work with. As always, Mercy is chronically understaffed from a nursing perspective, although not from a management perspective. As a small hospital, you get to know your patient population and the human connection is what keeps most of us working there.
Enjoyable, but management problems
Materials Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Devils Lake, NDOctober 10, 2014
I really enjoyed working here. Management was the only real issue that I had dealt with. It is hard to learn something new every day. It is very repetitive. I felt like I was being held back from growing and learning within the company. The pay was great, benefits wonderful, and the people were amazing! I couldn't deal with the management.
Pros
co-workers, hours, pay, and benefits.
Cons
management, no overtime allowed, and no room to grow.
Poor Leadership
Payment Posting Representative (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 24, 2014
My typical day at work involves processing patient payments and helping them resolve issues with their accounts, as well as posting insurance payments and balancing cash vaults.

Management lacks necessary leadership qualities to effectively govern. Responsibility is not properly distributed.

My co-workers are all tunnel visioned on their own specific job duties when we are to be a team and help each other resolve issues throughout the day.

The hardest part of my job is communicating with my co-workers/managers. Everybody points fingers and/or pushes the work off to someone else so that they don't have to do it.

The most enjoyable part of my job is having the daily satisfaction of knowing the amount of work I completed and comparing it to the previous day. It keeps me motivated to try to get more done than before.
Pros
work for a big company
Cons
compensation, vacation time lacks, & benefits
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 22, 2015
Found working at Mercy full time difficult balancing work/children/life at same time. Management not understanding to young children and working.
Great work atmosphere. Potential for advancement. Great job security & benefits.
Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMay 7, 2012
Full pt care of 5 pts. Vital signs, meds, pt comfort & safety. Organization of interdisiplinary care needs, reporting of significant test results or changes in pt status. Documentation of all care provided & sig. findings during shift. Liason for family members of pt.

I learned impeccable time mngmt & orginizational skills, team work & communication skills, use of many different clinical tools, many aspects of interdiscilinary care.

Management was very hands on & engaged with floor staff, very approachable & helpfull.

Co-workers were competant & helpful team players.

Time mngmt & prioritization on a very busy in pt care setting.

Most enjoyable was the gratification of working hard to help the sick & needy as well as their families.
Pros
flexible scheduling & great benefits.
Cons
not enough nursing support staff.
Bad food in hospitals is a thing of the past.
FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR AND OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 19, 2012
No typical Day at Mercy Hospital, Iiterly was a fun and exciting place to work always so much do do especially with catering , what I learn I picked up from Chefs from all over the country ( hospitals now hire chefs to help over see staff ) bad food in hospitals is a thing of the past,hospitals not only cater to patients but to doctors ,hospital staff and ceo s .Managing food service at a hospital is no different than a restaurant our main objective is to provide the best quality meal and service to our guest.Our co-workers depend on me doing my job so they can do theirs, we need each other its a team effort ,the hardest part of my job was coaching,counseling and discipling staff but after they knew i would enforce policies and procedures they followed my lead, the most rewarding and enjoyable part of the job was when everyone knew exactly what to do when everything ran smooth, everyone did their jobs ,i knew I,ve done mine.
Pros
great benefits, four weeks vacation a year
Good experience
Volunteer at the emergency center (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJanuary 11, 2016
I volunteered for a summer in the ER. It was great working there and helping the staff. The volunteers got free lunches too.
A very fast paced environment with things to do at all times.
Cook/Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIAugust 26, 2013
To work in the kitchen at the hospital, you must know how to work quickly and efficiently with little room for error. There was always something to do as we were often times very busy. There was a little bit of miscommunication among co-workers as there were some people that couldn't carry their own weight, which made it harder for others. Management did the best they could to remedy that, but there's only so much they can do. The hardest part of the job was trying to do your job and someone else's if they were unable to finish before their shift ended. There was little time to do anything besides your own job. The most enjoyable part of the job was always being busy. It gave me a feeling of accomplishment to do as much as I could do everyday and not having time to do anything else. I always made sure I got my job done.
Pros
free lunches, benefits
Cons
my schedule was different week to week even day to day sometimes because i was always available.
Fun, awesome place to work and learn
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 6, 2015
I am honored to have my first job as a surgical tech with this awesome company! Thank you for working with me even though I am fresh out of school.
Good environment
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 29, 2015
When I was working at Mercy Hospital, I was very comfortable. Everyone there had good attitudes. It was a very enjoyable experience.