Mercy Hospital Employee Reviews

Fun and professional place to work.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 3, 2017
I loved working for Mercy over the past 7+ years. Every place has negatives and positives. If it wasn't for relocating, I would still choose to work at Mercy
Team Environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Rogers, AROctober 3, 2017
Mercy Hospital was the first place that I worked after graduating from nursing school. They have great training for new hires, excellent benefits and a team environment.
Extremely Busy but worth it
EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 3, 2017
functions in uncommon situations; ♦ has a basic understanding of stress response and methods to ensure personal well-being; ♦ has an understanding of body substance isolation; ♦ understands basic medical-legal principles; ♦ functions within the scope of care as defined by state, regional and local regulatory agencies; ♦ complies with regulations on the handling of the deceased, notifies authorities and arranges for protection of property and evidence at the scene.
It was a great job
Ward Secretary (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2017
I loved working with the nurses and doctors and it was an enjoyable place to work.

The workplace culture and management was good and I learned a lot working with nurses.
Good starter job
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHSeptember 30, 2017
This was my first hospital position out of school. There are alot of seasoned therapists there to learn from. Management was not easy to get along with but I have heard they have made more changes.
great company
Coordinator of Nursing Excellence (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKSeptember 27, 2017
I enjoy working for Mercy, it is a great company, with fair pay.
I have learned leadership and communication skills as well as advanced computer skills.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
some degree of mediocrity in some areas
Fun work place co-workers are nice
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 26, 2017
People are helpful there. If you have a question any co-worker is likely to help if you ask. Good place to be for patients and workers. Warm environment.
Pros
management
Cons
parking lot
it was a job
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 26, 2017
this job was ok, they expected more then what was beyond providing safe patient to nurse ratio. and still wanted a 100% in ratings which is impossible when a nurse aide will have up to 18 patients to take care of by themselves. It was more of how much money they could bring in then the patients
Management wasn't great
Food Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARSeptember 26, 2017
The patients and co workers were wonderful to work around and the job was fun, but unfortunately the management was awful and did not respect their employees.
Pros
environment, pay, benefits
Cons
management
Pretty good
Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 26, 2017
Mercy is a pretty even paced place to work at. It has it's slow days but its a good experience nonetheless. Everyone works together to help out one another.
Great benefits
Medical Secretary (scheduler) (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 26, 2017
In my current postion not much room to move up and very hard to transer to another department.
The management is wonderful will work with you.not enough workflow to last an entire day.
A great hospital to work as a respiratory therapist
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 25, 2017
A typical day at work is either working on the general floor or in the critical care. Depending on what area you work, you will have different types of patients. General floor care would include drawing blood, breathing treatments, and running non-invasive breathing machines. Critical care includes patients that are more critical and need assistance breathing via a mechanical ventilator. Both areas you are required to work closely with the doctors and dispense the proper medications that are ordered. I have 16 years experience in respiratory therapy.
Pros
Working closely with patients, doctors, nurses, and other staff members.
Cons
Can be very hard to see death on a daily basis.
Great work environment
Pharmacy technician II (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 25, 2017
Amazing co-workers/supervisors. Requires a lot of walking but overall very good job. Work is able to be performed quickly and efficiently. Every shift available for difference in availability
Administrative
Support Specialist for Food Services (Former Employee) –  Portland, MESeptember 24, 2017
As an administrator, you become the back bone of the management group, in a good way. They know they can count on you to manage their very hectic schedule.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Healthcare can be stressful at times.
Very Productive work place
Surgicat technologist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 23, 2017
Fast work Flow.COMPETENT DOCTORS ...Friendly environment busy work flow ..on call often ,Good food ,team work professionalism.hardest part was leaving
Pros
enjoying down time
Cons
being called in in early morning hours
Awful culture
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKSeptember 22, 2017
Mercy hospital ada says the right things but in reality it is a nightmare! The problems arise from the highest positions in management and trickle all the way down-which leaves about zero chance that anything will ever change. I am zero drama and I still couldn't handle it there. It's all about the "mission" which makes it even worse because they are committing these acts in jesus' name.....
Pros
I was paid well
Cons
Can't even list them all....
Mercy Hospital
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WISeptember 22, 2017
This was my best learning experience in nursing that really made a impact on how I see a nursing job.I worked in the ICU and SCU and medical floor and sometimes they sent me to emergency room, I learned lot from the RNS and LPNs And even my co workers. it made me really interested in going back to school for more. I started in the ICU for a long time and really loved it. It was fast pace and really a study that I never had working in a nursing home. I got to see so much more and do so much more for people.
Unit Secretary
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PA 18510September 20, 2017
A responsible job working with the nurses on the floor. Ordering tests, blood work etc. Transcribing doctors notes and ordering necessary supplies. Using computer to get results of tests. Very busy job but very interesting and a great learning experience.
Mercy hospital
Respiratory Care Practitioner II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 20, 2017
Small hospital. I didn't like working there because staff and patients wanted to speak Spanish. Doctors would communicate with me in Spanish, even though I speak Portuguese. Also, I learned do much at another bigger Hospital and I couldn't apply it there.
Billing staff (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 20, 2017
Put Patient Demograghics and Insurance information in the computer
put charge entry in bill insurance, if claim is denied correct and re-bill.
If patient owes submit statement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercy Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.