Mercy Housing Employee Reviews

Great training and benefits
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CADecember 26, 2016
I enjoyed working with Mercy Corporation. Company trainings and benefits were generous. Upper Management staff at Mercy Housing Corporation were very helpful.
Good Vision but they need more funding
Property Manager II (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 23, 2016
Mercy Housing's vision to bring affordable housing to low income families is a blessing but they lack the funding to do everything they are trying to accomplish and pay their managers for the different hats they expect them to wear.
Pros
Good Medical Benefits
Cons
Unrealistic expectations of their employees
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Yuba City, CAJune 15, 2016
Caring staff that always made sure everyone's problems were taken care of. Whether, it was a tenant issue or dispute in the office. Typical day a lot of multi-tasking between work needed done and assisting clients.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short Breaks
I have very good time at
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 9, 2017
Every morning i meet with my supervisor to see what needs to be done each day.I make list of all the things that i will need to complete my task.Sometimes i will need to order certain parts to complete a job.I am team player and i get along with all my co-workers.There is time that job can be hard and stressful but i always make sure that stress does not get in my way to complete my job.I love what i do everyday there is always something new that i learned at my job.
Horrible people to work for
janitor (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAMay 11, 2015
I really liked this job but the ppl u work for talk behind everyone back and alot of ppl have quit over rude and mean management or just not happy i stayed and looked for a job the whole time i was there. then i got fired with a doctors note and called the two days i was out sick and texted for back up. They said i no called no showed for monday Tuesday and Wednesday. But if i didn that how did i get paid for Wednesday and part of Thursday. dont really care they fired me cuz they were very unprofessional. They never greeted u in morning or just to talk to u. They never gave me chemicals to work with. They only work with green products but made us sneak non green products.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
rude rude management
Great Mission Orientated Company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  CentraliaSeptember 8, 2016
The company expectations are high which means you work hard everyday to meet those expectations but they provide an excellent work environment and high quality product and services
Very ghetto
Desk clerk (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 18, 2017
I worked for Mercy Housing for a month and the property manager always had a bad attitude everyday made my job very uncomfortable I would never ever work for this company again very ghetto
Poor management
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 12, 2016
Zero room for advancement
Absurdly small raises
Short Deadlines
Militant Management Style
All work parties pot luck
Very small quarterly bonus

WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR!
Pros
Benefits ok
Mercy is a Criminal Organization
supportive services (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 8, 2016
This has to be the worst agency I have ever worked for. Leaders have no idea what they are doing when it comes to social services, they do not understand the culture of the residents served, and they are totally unable to be honest and forthcoming with employees.

The upper management overlooks felony convictions of a serious nature when hiring people in authority and working conditions are terrible.

This organization will leave elevators that are for use for the disabled unfixed for months, forcing these tenants to remain locked in their homes with no way to get out.

I would not recommend anyone working for this horrible company.
Quality place to work!
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2016
Mercy housing offers stability in various areas. Very family orriented company and offer more than just a roof for residents!

Want to know more about Mercy Housing?

Ask a question
Great residents, Bad management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Centralia, WAMay 30, 2014
I truly enjoyed working with the residents at the properties, but the management is horrible. Virtually no support to learn the complicated and semi responsive software, no chance for a raise, you are personally liable for lawsuit if you say the wrong word to the wrong person.

Some senior staff are so unskilled with people, it was more like merciless housing, than Mercy Housing. Staff is cutthroat, and non-helpful. Centralized programs come from Denver, including support for the computer programs. The further away you are from Denver, the worse it gets.

Had to wait months for gas or other reimbursement. They told me that they usually just "write it off as unreimbursed expenses on your taxes" rather than submit for reimbursement. Not my style. I usually give a lot to my job, but with these folks it does not pay off.

Loved the residents, had to quit due to constant verbal abuse from some senior staff that went unchallenged from management.
Pros
great residents, great benefits
Cons
no advancement, low wages, unsupportive management, rude senior staff
Great Benefits, wonderful residents
Resident Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2013
I was very productive, energetic, and I enjoy working with my residents in order to better their lives and It was extremely rewarding BUT.... The management was absoutley horrible. I had 8 supervisors in 4 years and each time they change, there were all these new rules.You also work a lot with property managers in this job, and most of them do not care about the residents. The company is a non-profit, they should care about the people they help!!!! Way too much paperwork for the amount of hours, and I worked 40 hours.
Pros
residents, area, coworkers
Cons
extremely fast pased some days, salary, supervisors
learning expericence
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 18, 2016
i loved working with all of the tenants and being able to help them with their needs. it was pretty busy in the office for most of the year as we had over 100 tenants and two office managers .
Pros
people and work enviorment
Cons
healthcare was not provided. and pay was a little low
Stable and Professional enviroment.
Maintenance Director (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 15, 2013
The company as a whole is actually a great company. I do feel however that the pay to responsibility and expectation is a bit lopsided. As a supervisor you handle all day to day operations within the maintenance scope of the property. Some properties are very large and are understaffed. The buildings are also pre 1990 for the most part so maintenance is high compared to newer properties.

Pros
Paid holidays, some flexability, annual raises
Cons
raises are small, very high expectations, benefits are lackluster
The mission is rewarding...the corporate culture is another thing
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 3, 2016
Working for a non-profit is a challenge like no other on Earth. The work is rewarding, the pay is horrible, the days long and there's never enough money in the budget.

Each property caters to a different population. I happen to adore my residents, my property, my co-workers and my team.

The corporate culture has declined steadily. Managers leave en masse. There is little to no support from the corporate office. The standard operating procedures make things more difficult than they need to be.
Pros
Making a difference daily!
Cons
Poor pay, poor corporate culture, policies that tie your hands
Great Company
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 18, 2015
You'll get lots of real practical experience and if you work hard the career path can be advanced. The work life balance is pretty stable and the company does go out of it's way to treat the employees every once in a while
Pros
Good Experience
Cons
Compensation is non profitable
No Clear Plan
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaJune 20, 2016
Corporate has NO clue as to what happens on Properties beyond collecting rents and leasing up. For taxpayer subsidized housing, residents get away with illegal activities. No accountability. No security. Unsafe. Corporate needs to work a month of shifts for a real eye-opener. Maybe then they'll wise up and smell the coffee.
Pros
Absolutely None
Cons
Unsafe. No security. No accountability. Dangerous.
Organization
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 17, 2016
I worked as an office assistant to organize the homeless house's documents, the boss is very nice and taught me a lot, the most enjoyable part of the job is sharing our stories with each other.
Excellent place to work
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Rome, GADecember 13, 2015
Mercy Housing is an excellent place to work. The supervisors and management care about their employees and always encouraging and motivating. There is always help available when needed. There is a work life balance working for there. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping to make a difference with the residents.
Ado
Area Director of Operations - Southeast (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 8, 2013
They work you like a dog, and their values are not what they say. Two years and they give nobody raises...
Pros
nothing
Cons
supervisors are horrible to work for

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercy Housing. Our community is ready to answer.

63%