Mercy Housing Employee Reviews

Stressfull..hostile.no support
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 5, 2018
I absolutely loved working for mercy housing..i would love to come back..im perfect for it..manager alcholic..no support from superiors..every man/woman for themselves..supported housing easier than dealing with them..
Great place to be
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 8, 2017
Work at times could be stressful. But the pay and fulfillment of helping tenants get into a place to stay was priceless. It's a great place to work with good benefits.
Mercy is home
ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoNovember 28, 2017
The work place is nice and cozy residents love to give me a story a day. I collect rent and do recerts and I make time to make sure the property so its up to code. staff is nice and friendly and helpful. you can grow in this company.
Productive, laid back environment.
Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 27, 2017
You get to help solve families medical needs and barriers. I learned patients. Management are helpful,and understanding. Multi - Cultural. Not finding Families Yelp is the hardest. The best part is finding help.
Pros
Friendly, caring workplace.
Cons
A little slow.
Fun working with hands
Maintenance Worker I (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2017
Really enjoyed working here, learned a lot from the past years I was there also trained two new maintenance workers. The staff was very friendly and helpful,
Pros
Community was nice
Cons
Lunch break short
Loan Specialist II
Community Development Loan Specialist II (Former Employee) –  W Sacramento, CANovember 10, 2017
This organization is great with benefits and salary. However, expect to work overtime during obtaining grant applications. There are many times you have to commute to other cities.
Love my co-workers
Employee (Current Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 24, 2017
Enjoy getting to know the residents and various cultures. Dynamic co-workers. Mangement tends to be confusing and limited in resources in order to do your job.
Pros
time off
Cons
management
work was consistant
Mantenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Savannah, Georgia.October 16, 2017
it was work it was consistant.it is a very challenging work space a lot of turn over and lack of consistent management in the general manager position.
Productive - Busy
Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 12, 2017
Fast-paced work environment
Strong customer service is needed
Tough skin at every location
Need to know how to work independently
Make quick and haste decisions
Good place to have a career
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 5, 2017
I worked with mercy for 10+ years i had a great time. If you are motivated person you can be promoted fairly quickly.
if you are just there for a check they will take notice and replace you.
the perks kick in after 5 years. bonuses are nice.
it's a sad place to work for
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 20, 2017
A bunch of hypocrites they have a mission statement but not at my property Low pay, employees take 1000.00 dollar gifts from tenants boyfriends, we have had 4 different managers in the last 2.5 years and the assistant manager has no personal skills very rude to tenants and to staff.no parking for the tenants,RSC does nothing to help the tenants in need they have their favorite that they help. Our other partners such as Turning point and well space dont do anything for their clients. Drugged out tenants and guests through out the building.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no lunch breaks cant leave the desk low pay change of management all the time
easy fun place to be
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WASeptember 14, 2017
enough to keep busy but not overburdened. Relaxed atmosphere. many classes to attend. Lots of reports to do. loved working with the seniors. Hardest part was keeping maintenance and cleaning the building.
Pros
good pay good residents
Cons
management not that great hard to get backup
Good place to gain experience
Resident Services Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 10, 2017
I like Mercy Housing, I just wish the pay was higher especially for the work that we do. But it is a non profit, so I understand. The hardest part of the job is that you are really busy all the time.
Unrealistic Vision
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaAugust 29, 2017
I use to manage a property that had no money and cut staff for a rather large family community. Due to lack of hours,funds,security the tenants suffered. The combination of all this made it stressful every day. My role was expected to produce just ad a full time Assistant Manager and then the Manager quit.. The pay was low and did not at all match the work load or expectations. Property was unsanitary with no janitor and evicting problem tenants was never approved. They got away with quite a lot. The company gives too much authority to tenants and they know it.
Pros
Holiday pay, team feeling
Cons
Abscense of Security at property & low pay, not enough hours for work
Poor Upper Management / Corporate Office
Property Manager - Emerald City Commons (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 28, 2017
Everything about this company is wrong and in bad condition. The upper management, above the property manager is only out for themselves and care nothing about the employees under them. They don't want to play for anything, but expect you to "kill" yourself getting work done and working long hours without any extra compensation. Absolutely do not go to work for this company.
Pros
Nothing good about this company
Cons
Everything is wrong. Do not work here or live at their properties.
Great place to work and fun aphmophere
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 10, 2017
I enjoyed working at Mercy everyone was willing to help you anytime. Opportunities for advancement are endless. You can start as a desk clerk and become a manager. Educational opportunities are also available.
Pros
Advancement in learning and management opportunities
ok
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 18, 2017
was ok place to work paz is not as competitive as in other companies in industries required to work a lot under pressure the property manager i had a time was verz nice
Accounting department work environment needs improvement
Corporate Sr. Accountant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 10, 2017
Accounting department work environment needs improvement. There tends to be a lack of communication and training, somewhat due to time constraints of being slightly understaffed.
A lot of responsibility in a healthy and productive enviroment.
Property Manager /Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Durango, COJune 30, 2017
I gained confidance by running one apt complex by myself with over 200 tanants. I also managed different departments. Maintenace and I worked within a budget.
Pros
Gained confidance and experience
Cons
Out of the area and did not want to relocate.
Great Company
AR Financial Technician (Permanent) (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 3, 2017
Mercy Housing is a great place to work. They are a Catholic Non Profit specializing in Low Income Housing. I am responsible for depositing and recording all the receipts for the Company
Pros
lots of paid holidays- company parties with the day off
Cons
Low pay