Mercy Housing Employee Reviews in United States

Great work enviroment
Senior Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 28, 2016
A very challenging work environment. Mercy empowers their employees to make decisions and provides a great service to residents of all needs.
Mercy is a Criminal Organization
supportive services (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 8, 2016
This has to be the worst agency I have ever worked for. Leaders have no idea what they are doing when it comes to social services, they do not understand the culture of the residents served, and they are totally unable to be honest and forthcoming with employees.

The upper management overlooks felony convictions of a serious nature when hiring people in authority and working conditions are terrible.

This organization will leave elevators that are for use for the disabled unfixed for months, forcing these tenants to remain locked in their homes with no way to get out.

I would not recommend anyone working for this horrible company.
The mission is rewarding...the corporate culture is another thing
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 3, 2016
Working for a non-profit is a challenge like no other on Earth. The work is rewarding, the pay is horrible, the days long and there's never enough money in the budget.

Each property caters to a different population. I happen to adore my residents, my property, my co-workers and my team.

The corporate culture has declined steadily. Managers leave en masse. There is little to no support from the corporate office. The standard operating procedures make things more difficult than they need to be.
Pros
Making a difference daily!
Cons
Poor pay, poor corporate culture, policies that tie your hands
over worked/ bad management practices
maintenance manager (Former Employee) –  denver coloradoFebruary 15, 2016
over worked at a junk like property. Gave proper notice to my resignation. Promised to get paid for gas mileage/ never happened.Turn over very high. SHAME ON YOU MERCY HOUSING !!!!
Pros
enough time daily to search for other employment
Cons
bad, bad, bad management
Really focus on cultivating affordable housing. for the
Asst. Office Mgr/Tenant Organizer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2016
Really help focus on cultivating affordable housing for individual with fixed income while helping to address any addition that they may have encounter over the years.
Poor management
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 12, 2016
Zero room for advancement
Absurdly small raises
Short Deadlines
Militant Management Style
All work parties pot luck
Very small quarterly bonus

WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR!
Pros
Benefits ok
Great Benefits and PTO
Area Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJanuary 12, 2016
I was in love with my job. The most enjoyable part was training new employees and travel to sister properties when help was needed! It was a joy helping new Applicants getting their own place to leave!
fun place to work
Administrative Computer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2016
the hardest part of the job was to help from those that were previously homeless jobs without there being some bias on the employers part
teatants play ping pong all the time
Desk clerk (Former Employee) –  901 E 63 streetDecember 22, 2015
talking to a lot people
getting work done on time
make sure the building is safe
interacting with people live in the building
Pros
don't have to go out fof lunch
Cons
catching the bus at night
Excellent place to work
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Rome, GADecember 13, 2015
Mercy Housing is an excellent place to work. The supervisors and management care about their employees and always encouraging and motivating. There is always help available when needed. There is a work life balance working for there. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping to make a difference with the residents.
Not much time for breaks but they do have a small breakroom also a computer room.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Americus, GaOctober 25, 2015
It was only a work experience job but they are well organized and professional. They take pride in their work and handle everything that needs to be taken care of in a responsible nature.
productive and fun workplace with positive people
Maintenance Internship (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAOctober 11, 2015
working at mercy housing was a very fun experience and i learned a lot the staff there are awesome to get along with very understanding and they listen to what you have to say they seek the problems and fix them right away the office is organized well and neat.
Pros
decent breaks, neat workplace
Cons
weather
Best job I ever had. They do good work.
Resident Services Coordinator (RSC) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 23, 2015
A typical day included intakes, staff meetings, documentation, and six hours a day of face to face time with residents. The majority of residents had varying levels of drug and alcohol addiction coupled with severe mental illness, and assorted axis II disorders. I learned to use harm reduction on a daily basis. It was client - centered work. I tried to keep the residents housed above all else. Management varied over the years, but overall was supportive. Co-workers were team players. The hardest part of the job was taking dually diagnosed homeless folks off the streets, and giving them housing. The best part of the job was taking dually diagnosed homeless folks off the street, and giving them housing.
Pros
The job allowed me to be passionate, and client centered.
Cons
The job often was challenging because all services rendered were voluntary.
No No No
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Commerce City ColoradoJune 30, 2015
They were the worst company I have ever worked for.
They do not care about their employees and the miss treatment and lack of empathy, working their people like dogs and lack of staffing.
If you work for them I am sorry. I was so very happy to leave and it wasn't a pleasure to work for them...
great place
MAINTENANCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMay 19, 2015
enjoyed the time i worked there people were great and working there was one of few jobs that it was fun to be at parts where available for every job and time giving to complete
Pros
was a great team to be on
Cons
non i remember
Great Company
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 18, 2015
You'll get lots of real practical experience and if you work hard the career path can be advanced. The work life balance is pretty stable and the company does go out of it's way to treat the employees every once in a while
Pros
Good Experience
Cons
Compensation is non profitable
Horrible people to work for
janitor (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAMay 11, 2015
I really liked this job but the ppl u work for talk behind everyone back and alot of ppl have quit over rude and mean management or just not happy i stayed and looked for a job the whole time i was there. then i got fired with a doctors note and called the two days i was out sick and texted for back up. They said i no called no showed for monday Tuesday and Wednesday. But if i didn that how did i get paid for Wednesday and part of Thursday. dont really care they fired me cuz they were very unprofessional. They never greeted u in morning or just to talk to u. They never gave me chemicals to work with. They only work with green products but made us sneak non green products.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
rude rude management
Overall Great place to work
Property manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 24, 2015
Mercy is a great company that definitely cares for its employees, as well as its tenants. After starting with them I was Immediately impressed by the general organization and structure of the company. Plenty of incentives to motivate you to excel in different areas, and a friendly environment. Even incentives to take paid time of work to work with various charities.

My entire management staff is fantastic, and always available to help when needed.
Pros
encourages community growth and participation
Cons
Pay structure, and room for advancement
Productive site with aspiring individuals.
Receptionist/Deskclerk (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 9, 2015
I enjoy the Graveyard Shift, it fits with my home life, i currently work through a Temp Agency though i dislike going that route because Im working a shift until they give it away.. SO I APPLIED DIRECTLY YAY know i hope to have a shot of having a permanent job!! other than the temp stuff I learned and enjoy it its something new, im a fast learner, saves the body from stresses from my past jobs, so please hire me !!
Upper management will use you as a scapegoat.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  El Dorado Hills, CAJanuary 6, 2015
A typical day consisted of answering phones, addressing resident complaints, struggling with upper management from the corporate office to get bills and vendors paid and trying to fill vacant units but internal compliance department that changes "rules" weekly.