Mercy Medical Group Employee Reviews

One on one a great company,
LVN (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 26, 2015
This company has been around for many years. As a patient with Mercy Medical Group, I sometimes had a hard time getting appointments. As an employee I worked with a great team in the Ob/Gyn department. The physician I worked with couldn't have been more caring, gentle and knowledgable.
Pros
good group of coworkers
Cons
hard to get breaks
awful place to work, poor management
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, maSeptember 21, 2015
Awful place to work. Poor management. Get treated bad and a child. Too strict, no organization. Runs like a zoo. Bad customer service, bad doctors.
Worked for Mercy 5 1/2 years.
Mercy medical group- Account Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Washington, MOMarch 5, 2015
My typical day consisted of correcting daily billing reports from SSI system, and get the claims sent out to be processed. Management was always available for questions/ concerns. Co workers where always very helpful. The hardest part of my job, was keeping up with the volume of work that came in on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part was being able to work from home.
Pros
worked from home
Cons
no room for advancement
RN Telephonic reviewer
RN Case Manager/Discharge Planner (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAAugust 31, 2014
Company is a Group Insurance contracted with 6-8 different insurance companies. Responsible for oversight of utilization of insured benefits.
Daily review of acute hospital admissions using Interqual criteria as basis of review for appropriateness of admit and ongoing care/treatment.
Onsite review of Senior members admitted to Long Term Care facilities. Assure member receives care within the covered guidelines for Medicare Utilization.
Quickly expanding corporation with lots going on
Practice RN (Current Employee) –  MOApril 17, 2012
Mercy is working hard to engage customers with their progressive electronic charting. There are many ways to interface with the system which is good in some ways and difficult in others. Its a responsive, dynamic system, sometimes reworking or releasing new segments prematurely and without any warning to employees who are using the system. Each employee finds his or her own ways to use the system to its fullest. I enjoy being part of a team that's forward-thinking. Coworkers all work together to make it a good experience for the customers.
Pros
using the intranet to engage with customers
Cons
it's hard to feel valued in such a big entity
ophthamology
Medical assistant float and COA in ophthalmology (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 19, 2012
Room patients for one MD and one optometrist performing OCT's, visual fields, IOL measurements, corneal topography, and pachymetry. I started out as a medical assistant and succeeded in becoming certified assistant in ophthalmology (COA). It is a small practice, with 3 techs. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning something everyday.
fun workplace
Medical Practice Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOMay 5, 2015
very close group of women and doctors. Always going to bat for each other. love the people there. I would definitely recommend this company
Pros
free lunches
Cons
busy office
Great Job
Medical Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 10, 2014
All the employees were nice and fair, and if I ever needed to know something they would kindly answer my question. I did a great job! And the most enjoyable part was getting to work with such awesome doctors and employees. I wish I had a job there!!
Fun at work
Medical Assistant (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 21, 2015
fax patient health records, pull records, schedule appointments, verify insurance, screen patients.
Pros
lunch breaks, flexible schedules
Cons
not fully converted to ehs
Rewarding
Pre Certification (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MONovember 30, 2014
Working with several insurance companies to get the members authorized for radiographic procedures prior to visit.
Pros
working from home
Cons
pay
Everyone is a dedicated to helping patients, and being supportive.
Utilization Management Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  CAAugust 29, 2012
Is a good place to work. Everyone works together to get a job done.
Truly enjoyed going to work daily
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  El Dorado Hills, CADecember 30, 2012
I truly enjoyed the staff and management.
The patients were a joy to see daily.
I worked with great people.
Great Place to work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 28, 2014
Medical assisting was very interesting.
You encounter a lot of different people wich makes the job very interesting.
Great training
Phone Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 5, 2012
You recieve excellent training and praise for doing a great job. I got a raise within my first 6 months
recognized a lot
Phone Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 29, 2012
I really appreciated the fact that my manager always told me how well i was doing.