Mercy Medical Group

Mercy Medical Group United States Employee Reviews

Fun at work
Medical Assistant (Volunteer) (Current Employee), Burbank, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: lunch breaks, flexible schedules
Cons: not fully converted to ehs
fax patient health records, pull records, schedule appointments, verify insurance, screen patients.
Rewarding
Pre Certification (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MONovember 30, 2014
Pros: working from home
Cons: pay
Working with several insurance companies to get the members authorized for radiographic procedures prior to visit.
RN Telephonic reviewer
RN Case Manager/Discharge Planner (Former Employee), Carmichael, CAAugust 31, 2014
Company is a Group Insurance contracted with 6-8 different insurance companies. Responsible for oversight of utilization of insured benefits.
Daily review of acute hospital admissions using Interqual criteria as basis of review for appropriateness of admit and ongoing care/treatment.
Onsite review of Senior members admitted to Long Term Care facilities. Assure member receives care within the covered guidelines for Medicare Utilization.
Great Place to work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 28, 2014
Medical assisting was very interesting.
You encounter a lot of different people wich makes the job very interesting.
Great Job
Medical Office Receptionist (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 10, 2014
All the employees were nice and fair, and if I ever needed to know something they would kindly answer my question. I did a great job! And the most enjoyable part was getting to work with such awesome doctors and employees. I wish I had a job there!!
Truly enjoyed going to work daily
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), El Dorado Hills, CADecember 30, 2012
I truly enjoyed the staff and management.
The patients were a joy to see daily.
I worked with great people.
recognized a lot
Phone Scheduler (Former Employee), Roseville, CAAugust 29, 2012
I really appreciated the fact that my manager always told me how well i was doing.
Everyone is a dedicated to helping patients, and being supportive.
Utilization Management Referral Coordinator (Current Employee), CAAugust 29, 2012
Is a good place to work. Everyone works together to get a job done.
ophthamology
Medical assistant float and COA in ophthalmology (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 19, 2012
Room patients for one MD and one optometrist performing OCT's, visual fields, IOL measurements, corneal topography, and pachymetry. I started out as a medical assistant and succeeded in becoming certified assistant in ophthalmology (COA). It is a small practice, with 3 techs. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning something everyday.
Quickly expanding corporation with lots going on
Practice RN (Current Employee), MOApril 17, 2012
Pros: using the intranet to engage with customers
Cons: it's hard to feel valued in such a big entity
Mercy is working hard to engage customers with their progressive electronic charting. There are many ways to interface with the system which is good in some ways and difficult in others. Its a responsive, dynamic system, sometimes reworking or releasing new segments prematurely and without any warning to employees who are using the system. Each employee finds his or her own ways to use the system to its fullest. I enjoy being part of a team that's forward-thinking. Coworkers all work together to make it a good experience for the customers.
Great training
Phone Scheduler (Former Employee), Roseville, CAApril 5, 2012
You recieve excellent training and praise for doing a great job. I got a raise within my first 6 months