Mercy Medical Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Comfortable
Certified nurse assistant (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALAugust 20, 2017
I enjoyed my enjoyed being able to help people at this job. A normal work at this job was taking care of patients personal needs. I learned a lot of things about the elderly on this job.
got experience in switchboard
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 7, 2017
Answered calls provided information. Transferd calls to patients and also sent out emergency alerts over PA. Provided help in mail as needed, sorting and placing in mail boxes.
Pros
gained experience with switch board
Mercy Medical Volunteer
Clerical assistant/volunteer (Former Employee) –  1320 Mercy Drive Northwest, Canton, OH 44708January 11, 2017
On a typical work day, I would assist various co-workers with tasks they did not have time to complete themselves. Like sorting and filing as well as scanning and finding patient files.What I learned throughout this experience was how to successfully work with people which were different than myself.Management was hands of so I had to rely on coworkers to answer questions as well as assistance with problems I had on a daily basis. Co-workers were very helpful in answering any questions in regards to tasks I was given. The hardest part of my job was it was somewhat monotonous. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I was working with, always helpful and willing to help.
Pros
helpful co- workers
Cons
hands off management
Overworked
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  IMCUNovember 19, 2016
Mercy Medical Center is a nice facility in Redding, California but has some issues with overworking their staff. They need more support staff for the nurses.
Great co-workers
Recptionist (Current Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYNovember 16, 2016
A typical day at work is dealing with visitors and staff of the hospital. The management team at Mercy is very helpful when you need help.
Have wonderful co-workers that I work with a couple of days a week. The hardest part of the job is dealing with visitors and the most enjoyable part of the day is helping someone
Unstable work environment
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Floor 9 Main TelemetryNovember 15, 2016
Co workers are fine. Job security is a problem. Constant threat of dismissal. After a patient assault, I was injured and then dismissed after 16 years of service.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 14, 2016
Fun and great place to work! Staff if wonderful and everyone works together as a team. Working at the busiest hospital in Iowa for labor and delivery, you get to see it all. Very fast paced and always on your feet, but a great place to work.
fast past enviroment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 11, 2016
have worked for mercy since 2009 have enjoyed working there , a typical day in the er is very stressful at times. we are holding inpatients down in the er because the hospital is full. very stressful at times but get through the day with great co workers.
Ready for a change
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 4, 2016
A typical day at work for me includes running from floor to floor to delivery quality compassionate care for the patients. I am a charge therapist so I must respond to all codes, deliveries and rapid responses. I am responsible for approximately 8-12 employees on my shift. I have pulmonary physicians which I work closely with to ensure patients safety and positive outcomes of their health. The hardest part of my job is dealing with non motivated employees. Healthcare is a career not just a job and unfortunately not everyone has the same work ethic that I have. The most enjoyable parts of my job are being part of a team that saves a life. To see families cry with happiness because we helped their loved one survive or even sometimes to cry with the families because despite all our efforts we could not save their family members. These situations have made me who I am today.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Not always able to get a break, lowest wage pool in the area, unorganized management
Great co workers and patients!
Food Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 2, 2016
I learned a lot, and also taught a lot. Built strength as a team, and made good friends! Management was very supportive and directing. Hardest part of the job was no part. I enjoyed the company of wonderful co workers daily, for they are what made my job amazing to me.
Pros
Free lunches time from time, overtime.
Cons
Picking up others slack constantly
Great learning environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newton, IAOctober 25, 2016
Mercy/Skiff Medical Center is a great learning environment. If you like small town hospitals, then this is a place for you.
Pros
Small hospital
Cons
No lunch or breaks usually
Working at Mercy
System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 24, 2016
I truly admire the work and work ethic of the employees at Mercy Medical Center. They truly take pride in their work and put the patients first.
Pros
People and the mission
Cons
Salary, benefits and opportunity for advancement
Coding Coordinator' (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAOctober 19, 2016
Mercy is a great place to work. Everyone greets you with a good morning or good afternoon and are very helpful. Co-workers are easy to work with and helpful when needed.
Productive workplace with breaks
Business Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAOctober 16, 2016
A typical day was clocking in at 11pm, transferring calls, updating patient sheets, taking messages, updating daily log, taking in patient valuables, giving mail to floors, distributing keys for some departments, and if a code was announced, I had to inform the correct people about what code was announced, and where it was sent from, and clocking out at 7am.
I learned how to honor HIPPA, different drills for the hospital, what certain codes were and how to announce them, I learned how to work with people who held strong opinions that contrasted with my own.
Management lacked in some parts, but excelled in others. Management alerted us to any changes such as; new employees, changes in the department, and new changes in how the department would run when we move to another part of the hospital.
Co-workers were for the most part amazing, hard working, and caring. Some were opinionated so strongly that everything that was opposite was considered wrong, but I learned how to work with said co-workers without problems.
The hardest part of the job was staying up from 11pm-7am, especially alone.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to get things done that other shifts did not have time to finish.
Pros
30 minute and 15 minute breaks
Cons
3rd shift, sometimes breaks were not given, management held favorites.
Typical Day
Assist cooks and kitchen staff (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IAOctober 4, 2016
Work Front office receptionist at Mercy Family clinic. Taking phone calls, checking in patients, making appointments, medical records, taking messages for doctors.
Love working with a variety of people
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 30, 2016
I love coming into my job with a smiling face and ready to take on anything that comes my way. Every day is different and that is what is very exciting. Each day is a challenge and I love taking on challenges, I believe that anyone willing to put the effort forwards and are determined to take on the challenge will succeed and will be successful.
Pros
I love woking with people
Great Pharmacy Staff
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORSeptember 28, 2016
A job that always changes and allows for autonomy. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Management makes sure that you have what you need to feel comfortable and do your job and they actually listen when you talk.
Good company
Pre certification (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOSeptember 27, 2016
worked with insurance companies to get patients pre certified for medical procedures, which can e a difficult task.
I enjoyed the hours I worked yet management was not what I had anticipated.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
salary
Workplace
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 24, 2016
As I spent my last 2 and a half years at Mercy Medical Center I have learned a lot about patient care. During those years I learned how to help in Codes and in a normal day to day routine with patients.
not the best place
Food Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 21, 2016
Some of my co-workers were great to work with but the management needs work. When workers don't do their job management did not step in and enforce what needed done til it was to late.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercy Medical. Our community is ready to answer.