Mercy Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

great place to work for
Outpatient Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIAugust 11, 2015
loved doing patient care and getting to know them. Loved the staff I had fun atmosphere. Saw about 250 patients a day during business hours.
Pros
fast paced, detail oriented based on Dr, orders
Cons
Manager above me was awful
Interaction with customers
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIJuly 1, 2015
The most enjoyable part of day, is the one on one with the customers. Training new employee's with on the job training. Finding strong motivated employee's is the hardest part of my job.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No job security
If it hadn't been for to nurses in the ED, Ito would have stayed in the ED.
Registered Nurse in Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKJune 18, 2015
I worked in the ED for about 6 to 8 months, one of the charge nurses started verbally abusing me in front the patients, the other nurse, then in front of the patients. It has to be bad if your own patient states that she can't speak to you that way. My own patient was mad at my charge nurse for me. I took the charge nurse into a private room and asked her to stop yelling at me in front of my patients, other nurses and the doctors. She said she was trying to make me a better nurse, faster, but I went trough the highest number of patients in the last to months. It didn't add up. After shift talked our manager and she said the charge had her approval and didn't listen. I wrote everything down and took it to HR and they got me out of the Ed. I was neve afraid of an arrest CPR after that experience though.
Pros
I found I can stay calm in almost any tragedy.
Cons
I understand nurses eating the new ones. They treat them badly
Over all great!
RN/LPN (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIJanuary 12, 2015
I worked at Mercy as my first job. I was an LPN and a RN there. I loved the hospital, my coworkers, and my job. I worked twelve hour days and nights. I learned my first skills as a nurse here. I met some amazing people. It gave me my baseline for nursing. It was a great place to start and it helped me to master the clinic skills I needed to advance my profession. Nursing has the same hard experiences everywhere....losing patients and seeing them go through difficult things. The best thing about nursing is making a difference.
Good enviorment with hard working co-workers
Weekend Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKDecember 4, 2014
I really enjoyed my time at this hospital. I learned a lot and met a lot of good people.
Work first, family second. Lucky if you get all your breaks.
Dietary Cook (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIOctober 21, 2014
Supervisors do alot of employee favortism which causes a lot of unnecessary stress in the environment.
Pros
descent pay, union
Cons
few breaks, no family values
Daily Tasks
Telecom Engineer (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIOctober 12, 2014
I work with a great group of people within the "IT", patient care is always the most important task in everyone's day. My day usually includes, Move, Adds, and Change son PBX Equipment. Including Voicemail, Ascom Wireless Handsets, and Nurse Call.

Everyday is a new learning experience, I am always willing to learn and work on equipment or software that I am not familiar with. Has the industry changes I grow with it.
Pros
staff who cares
Great people to work with
CNA (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MiOctober 8, 2014
Sadly, it lacked the job/ home aspect. I was more at work and unable to attend to my family
fun work place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIAugust 25, 2014
Voulnteer transport clients to and from room ,front desk helping vistors to rooms
Small Community Hospital operating in the best interests of people in Monroe County and surrounding areas
Medical Surgical Unit, staff RN (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIJuly 25, 2014
Typical small community hospital with welcoming ambience and certain limitations pertinent to smaller healthcare facilities. High potential for a faster burnout. No pay raise in years. Significant reduction in benefits for employees. However, many nice/advanced changes have been initiated to satisfy increased needs of the patients and families.
Pros
friendliness of staff, good team work.
Cons
frequent changes without thoroughly developed plans resulting in increased work-related stress.
Fast paced midnight career
CT/Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MiMay 21, 2014
I usually worked alone, but have excellent repoir with the ER staff and doctors. My co-workers were all very dedicated and compassionate. I loved being able to problem solve on the fly. Always experienced something new.
Pros
close relationships with coworkers
Cons
pay wage, no job security
Looking for fair wages and security.....keep looking.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  MIApril 10, 2014
Respiratory Care Department co-workers were awesome. Manager is NOT a respiratory therapist making it very difficult for her to understand/assist with patient care and problem solving.
Pros
co-workers were awesome
Cons
no ladder for wages. wages are not based on experience or years of service.
Great team atmosphere
Patient Companion (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIApril 3, 2014
I make sure patients are safe during their stay in the hospital that need an extra set of eyes and hands to care for them. Assist to the bathroom and feeding. Help with communication with the other staff. People that I work with are great at listening and helping each other out to make sure the patients are safe. I love working with people.
My best job
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKMarch 31, 2014
I will always miss working in the GI lab at Mercy. They are the most loving, kind, and intelligent staff I will ever have the privilege to know.
N/a
RN staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MINovember 4, 2013
This was an excellent company to work for! A typical day at work was not the usual but fun and team work environment which the best patient care was facilitated. My co-workers were all friendly and the part I enjoyed most was getting along with the co-workers.
Mercy Memorial Hospital
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Urbana, OHJune 4, 2013
I have worked at this facility for 20 years. My co-workers are excellent. Good team work with all departments.
This is where I learned the most
c (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIMarch 18, 2013
The nurses were all wonderful they would take you under their wings and teach you they would work together and it was a great experience that I would love to go back to.
o.k. place to work
Maintenance/Facilities/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIFebruary 19, 2013
understaffed constantly and contract company is not well organized
Wonderful place to work
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKJanuary 9, 2013
I really enjoy working here. Coworkers are easy to get along with. Managment is accomodating. Fun place.
no it didn't have a ping pong table, but it was a fun atmosphere to work in meeting new people and helping them with their needs.
Registrar, Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Mercy Memorial Hospital Monroe MiSeptember 15, 2012
A typical day was always changing, which I didn't mind. I sometime worked in the POB as well as the ED. I loved both places. I leared allot about people and their needs. I learned allot about co-workers and their differences, but managed well with them, I thought. Management can always use improvement with like following thru on written complaints and taking care of things before they get out of hand. I loved my job at the hospital and would honor the opportunity to have it back.
Pros
nice lunch area
Cons
break times should be equal for everyone.