Mercy Philadelphia Hospital Employee Reviews

Great colleagues, not so great administration...but, bearable.
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 15, 2017
I have worked at Mercy Philadelphia Hospital for 27 years (excluding a one year layoff). It seems as though the hospital has gone from being a place of compassion and respect for the sick to "just a business". One of the reasons I have chosen to stay here for so long is the way the staff, from the top executives to the floor colleagues, have always shown the patients and each other, the utmost respect. We actually cared for each other as well as the patients. Now, it seems to be just a business....let's get them in and get them out. They confuse compassionate care with allowing the patients to abuse the system.

I just think it's time for a new chapter in my life....I would like to start by seeking other employment.
Pros
My colleagues are the best.
Cons
No communication within the hospital.
A place to work to survive.
Operating Room Technologist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 1, 2017
I have worked at Mercy for about over 5 years. For most of the time it felt like a family. It was a very enjoyable place to work. Hard work that at the end of the day was worth the trouble. In the past year or two the place has changed. It no longer feels like a second home ,but more like a work house. Staff is leaving in record numbers and the turnover is unbelievable.
Pros
inexpensive parking
Cons
short lunch, sometimes no brakes, not enough staff, managers are disrespectful
Temporary Stopping grounds
Part Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 11, 2017
This hospital does not care about its employees or patients. They have no policies in place, and are combative or argumentative about any change. The employees from the Doctors down to maintenance lack basic social skills needed to address colleagues in a professional manner. Good Luck with advancement unless you know someone. Incident reports are used as toilet paper. I would not recommend this hospital to my worst enemy.
Great place to work and grow.
Director of Support Services (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 18, 2017
This is an environment where you can learn and grow socially, economically and professionally if you apply yourself. It is an environment that has great people to work with and is conscious of inclusion in the workplace.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Very few minorities in senior management
Good Job
Nurse Aide and Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 24, 2017
Do your best you wont' get fired unless you quite. Show up on time be good to your co-workers who most likely won't be good to you, atmosphere is bad, but it is a Hospital making a difference in the community.
value cores
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19143December 27, 2016
my work starts at 11;30pm to 8;00am overnight stationary post dealing with patients and visitors as they enter the hospital most that learned since working at the location is customer service the employees and management great to get along with the hardest part of this job is staying awake the most enjoyable is working,
Pros
during the holidays such chistmas meals are nice
Cons
n/a
Good Atmosphere
Patient Care Technician (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 14, 2016
Lovely atmosphere. Worked with good people and able to gather some knowledgeable experience learning how hospital activities are in daily routine.
Good
Cons
No comments
Enjoyable Work Environment
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 18, 2016
During my two years employed by Mercy Hospital of Philadelphia I was provided with knowledge and a lot of work experience. My co-workers were nice and they were an excellent team to work with. The patients were enjoyable as well. The duties that were required to be done by the end of the shift were easy, but when you put all of the duties together as one; the job became a bit more strenuous, but not impossible. Personally working in the emergency room taught me a sense of urgency, diligence and patience all at once. As I sit here pondering the most enjoyable part of my job, I would have to say that it was just showing up to work that made me the happiest. The medical field is where I belong, and I aspire to stay in the medical profession.
Pros
We had half hour lunch breaks
Cons
The emergency room got so busy sometimes; we could not take breaks
Day to day
Laboratory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 5, 2015
Day to day was an unforeseen adventure. You never knew or expected what you may walk into. The personnell did not take their positions seriously. The hardest part of the day was monitoring the employees, very child-like.
Benefits
Cons
Personnel
A family enviromentt fun place to work enjoyable
Unit Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 17, 2014
Comfortable environment to work in enjoy my coworkers. Supervisors are usually fair easy to get along with. I have learned a few new jobs this year such as stocking the patient areas, lab and pharmacy areas. Also we do one to one observations, we do follow-up out patient appointments.
Pros
More skill sets which actually makes yor more marketable
Cons
Can never take the two fifteen brakes

Want to know more about Mercy Philadelphia Hospital?

Ask a question
A fun place to work
CNA (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 16, 2014
A nice place to work. I learn so much while working am still working for them.
Mhop
RN Staff Nurse-Med/Surgical Unit-04/11-Present (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 13, 2014
It is like a family oriented place. The workload can be challenging, but, rewarding if your heart is in the right place. Alot of changes are being made. Hopefully, for the better of the workers and community for which it serves.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Challenging assignments
na
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lower Gwynedd, PAAugust 10, 2014
the dynamics of this workplace has changed very much in the past few years. some of it has been good and some of it very challenging.
Great co-workers
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 7, 2014
Work with a great team who are excellent at providing efficient patient healthcare.
An excellent facility, focused on excellent patient care utilizing team work.
Psychiatric Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 18, 2014
A typical day starts with receiving shift report, making rounds to check on the patients, providing one to one interaction with patients, shift assessments, computer documentation of care and progress notes on each patient. medication, and updating treatment plan. Some nights, there are two or three admissions and some nights a patient or two might have behavioral outburst and need restraint and deescalation.
The most enjoyable and fulfilling part of the job is seeing the patients recover and become reality orientated.
The hard part of the job is not being able to go for break being the only RN during night shift, although Mercy Hospital pays for unattended break.
There is an excellent team work in my unit.
Pros
Encourages staff growth, paid $4000 towards staff tuition.
Cons
The time for the shifts are 7.30am, 3.30p and 11.30p instead of 7a, 3p and 11p.
Great place to learn and advance
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 4, 2013
The best part about this job is joy of working to the patients and learning from them to better yourself which is rewarding
to acquire employment as a security officer.
security officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 28, 2013
typical for is working 3rd shift its usually quiet I learned a lot with dealing with other people who works 3rd shift management okay the hardest part is trying to stay a wake and keeping a good diet. most enjoyable I have a job.
Pros
none available
Cons
n/a
Great!
Infection Prevention Control Professional (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 20, 2013
It is a great place to work because the culture is very warm-hearten and the individuals are very personable.
The worst
Wouldnt you like to know (Current Employee) –  PhiladelphiaMay 14, 2013
Mercy is the lowest paying hospitial job in PA we didnt get a raise but yet they allowed them to raise our benefits they could give two craps about there employess the Upper level CEO'S all they want to know is why are they loosing money and how many more houses by the shore they can buy if they dont give out raises again this year my advice get your experience and bounce not worth the time.
Pros
Cons
Giving us free BBQ's once a year so they wont pay us more money
Good Experience
Intern/Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 2, 2013
Throughout the summer i have completed my internship at Mercy Hospital. I worked with drug and alcohol patients. I had to complete psycho-socials, develop discharge plans, and refer patients to inpatient and outpatient facilities. I completed a minimum of 225 under the supervision of a social worker. Mercy Hospital helped me mature as a adult and improved my overall work environment
Pros
i worked at a master degree level
Cons
it was very frustrating at first but i began to improve my skills as the weeks went on