Mercy Philadelphia Hospital Employee Reviews

Enjoyable Work Environment
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 18, 2016
During my two years employed by Mercy Hospital of Philadelphia I was provided with knowledge and a lot of work experience. My co-workers were nice and they were an excellent team to work with. The patients were enjoyable as well. The duties that were required to be done by the end of the shift were easy, but when you put all of the duties together as one; the job became a bit more strenuous, but not impossible. Personally working in the emergency room taught me a sense of urgency, diligence and patience all at once. As I sit here pondering the most enjoyable part of my job, I would have to say that it was just showing up to work that made me the happiest. The medical field is where I belong, and I aspire to stay in the medical profession.
Pros
We had half hour lunch breaks
Cons
The emergency room got so busy sometimes; we could not take breaks
Day to day
Laboratory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 5, 2015
Day to day was an unforeseen adventure. You never knew or expected what you may walk into. The personnell did not take their positions seriously. The hardest part of the day was monitoring the employees, very child-like.
Benefits
Cons
Personnel
A family enviromentt fun place to work enjoyable
Unit Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 17, 2014
Comfortable environment to work in enjoy my coworkers. Supervisors are usually fair easy to get along with. I have learned a few new jobs this year such as stocking the patient areas, lab and pharmacy areas. Also we do one to one observations, we do follow-up out patient appointments.
Pros
More skill sets which actually makes yor more marketable
Cons
Can never take the two fifteen brakes
A fun place to work
CNA (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 16, 2014
A nice place to work. I learn so much while working am still working for them.
Mhop
RN Staff Nurse-Med/Surgical Unit-04/11-Present (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 13, 2014
It is like a family oriented place. The workload can be challenging, but, rewarding if your heart is in the right place. Alot of changes are being made. Hopefully, for the better of the workers and community for which it serves.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Challenging assignments
na
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lower Gwynedd, PAAugust 10, 2014
the dynamics of this workplace has changed very much in the past few years. some of it has been good and some of it very challenging.
Great co-workers
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 7, 2014
Work with a great team who are excellent at providing efficient patient healthcare.
An excellent facility, focused on excellent patient care utilizing team work.
Psychiatric Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 18, 2014
A typical day starts with receiving shift report, making rounds to check on the patients, providing one to one interaction with patients, shift assessments, computer documentation of care and progress notes on each patient. medication, and updating treatment plan. Some nights, there are two or three admissions and some nights a patient or two might have behavioral outburst and need restraint and deescalation.
The most enjoyable and fulfilling part of the job is seeing the patients recover and become reality orientated.
The hard part of the job is not being able to go for break being the only RN during night shift, although Mercy Hospital pays for unattended break.
There is an excellent team work in my unit.
Pros
Encourages staff growth, paid $4000 towards staff tuition.
Cons
The time for the shifts are 7.30am, 3.30p and 11.30p instead of 7a, 3p and 11p.
Great place to learn and advance
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 4, 2013
The best part about this job is joy of working to the patients and learning from them to better yourself which is rewarding
to acquire employment as a security officer.
security officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 28, 2013
typical for is working 3rd shift its usually quiet I learned a lot with dealing with other people who works 3rd shift management okay the hardest part is trying to stay a wake and keeping a good diet. most enjoyable I have a job.
Pros
none available
Cons
n/a
Great!
Infection Prevention Control Professional (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 20, 2013
It is a great place to work because the culture is very warm-hearten and the individuals are very personable.
The worst
Wouldnt you like to know (Current Employee) –  PhiladelphiaMay 14, 2013
Mercy is the lowest paying hospitial job in PA we didnt get a raise but yet they allowed them to raise our benefits they could give two craps about there employess the Upper level CEO'S all they want to know is why are they loosing money and how many more houses by the shore they can buy if they dont give out raises again this year my advice get your experience and bounce not worth the time.
Pros
Cons
Giving us free BBQ's once a year so they wont pay us more money
Good Experience
Intern/Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 2, 2013
Throughout the summer i have completed my internship at Mercy Hospital. I worked with drug and alcohol patients. I had to complete psycho-socials, develop discharge plans, and refer patients to inpatient and outpatient facilities. I completed a minimum of 225 under the supervision of a social worker. Mercy Hospital helped me mature as a adult and improved my overall work environment
Pros
i worked at a master degree level
Cons
it was very frustrating at first but i began to improve my skills as the weeks went on
pleasant working environment
Emergency Room Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 17, 2013
Working with a group of talented fun loving people is a pleasure. We work 3 days a week at 12 hr shift and see everything from bug bites to lacerations. there is no guile within the group and everyone shares new information daily. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with drug seekers, caring for them without taking part in their addictions. Most enjoyable part of the job is sharing some personal experiences with the patient and making them feel comfortable enough to laugh while being treated.
Pros
companions at work place
Cons
short breaks
Maintain all medical equipment
Maintenance, Head Plumber (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 15, 2012
the hardest part of my responsability is to change the main stack id drain system.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercy Philadelphia Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Mercy Philadelphia Hospital Reviews by Location